PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Library Pitch

GreenCastle
26-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Wonder how the tattie field will be after all the rain.

Having watched the Celtic game and witnessed several players slipping hopefully it doesn’t ruin the game tomorrow.

The last derby at the PBS had friends down south texting me (they watched the game on tv) asking what kind of professional club allows thier pitch to get into such a bad state especially in the top flight.

Pre match prediction - Pitch will be terrible and a half time power cut like last home game in the new stand. (Could you imagine if we were winning and they had a power cut - game abdondened!)

Bostonhibby
26-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Potter can't afford to lose expect a ploughed up well watered pitch and the deployment of the yams patented synchronised fouling system.

There will also be individual contributions Laugherty has been sharpening his elbows all week and walker is black and blue from falling over every half hour.

Mythical hard man callachan has baked himself at 180 degrees for one hour in attempt to actually be hard.

If that all fails and we are looking like winning the famous gorgie power failure is a real possibility.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Since90+2
26-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Dont think yesterdays rain will have much of an impact on the pitch as its meant to be bone dry between now and kick off. The pitch is horrendous though just like everything else at the Gorgie Library.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Dont think yesterdays rain will have much of an impact on the pitch as its meant to be bone dry between now and kick off. The pitch is horrendous though just like everything else at the Gorgie Library.

I played on that pitch on the 1st ever fans game. The night before had been a huge snow storm and but when we got to the game there wasn’t a drop of snow on the pitch. The heating had been on at night and the pitch was so dry that it was almost like playing on gravel.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I played on that pitch on the 1st ever fans game. The night before had been a huge snow storm and but when we got to the game there wasn’t a drop of snow on the pitch. The heating had been on at night and the pitch was so dry that it was almost like playing on gravel.

Saying you “played” was a bit tongue in cheek
Think you meant you were on the pitch🤣

Pete
26-12-2017, 09:44 AM
I wonder if steep stands and an enclosed ground will make pitch maintenance a real problem for them. They can only get away with it for so long.

They might have to fork out for one of those pitches that looks like a carpet.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2017, 09:47 AM
I wonder if steep stands and an enclosed ground will make pitch maintenance a real problem for them. They can only get away with it for so long.

They might have to fork out for one of those pitches that looks like a carpet.

They are looking to invest in a hybrid pitch for next sess N, says Budge
Very little sunlight and wind in the ground, must make managing the pitch far from ideal

leithsansiro
26-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Pitch will be horrid and will cut up really easily, totally no doubt about it. The pitch at Tiny gets an oddly low amount of sun and I don't think their ground staff understand how to make grass grow

lapsedhibee
26-12-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't think their ground staff understand how to make grass grow
Rickets stunts growth.

26-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Fully expect Hearts to have trained at Tinicastle today and their groundsman will be having a sleepless night trying to get it looking half decent for the game tomorrow.Pitch will be as bad if not worse than it was for their game v Celtic. They'll go route one as usual to avoid the ploughed up mess of a pitch.

-Jonesy-
26-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Fully expect Hearts to have trained at Tinicastle today and their groundsman will be having a sleepless night trying to get it looking half decent for the game tomorrow.Pitch will be as bad if not worse than it was for their game v Celtic. They'll go route one as usual to avoid the ploughed up mess of a pitch.

You think? At half time in the Celtic game the commentators said levein was out instructing the groundsman to rough it up even more...fud

SunshineOnLeith
27-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Does the under soil heating work at Tynecastle? Doubt they've tested it since they started getting power cuts.

Onion
27-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Pitch will be like a plowed field, preventing Hibs from playing football, and suiting the industrial hoof-ball of Levein's Yams.

They will be out watering the pitch this morning.

macca70
27-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Does the under soil heating work at Tynecastle? Doubt they've tested it since they started getting power cuts.

That’s what I was wondering, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s stopped working, just like every other aspect of their stadium and the pitch has frozen.

The electrics in the new stand are not fit for purpose, it won’t be able to fully function once finished with the current set up.

staunchhibby
27-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Any plans for inspection after the drop in temperatures.Not expected to move much during the day.

macca70
27-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Any plans for inspection after the drop in temperatures.Not expected to move much during the day.

Assuming all ok and the undersoil heating must be functioning or we’d have been told if the game was in any doubt

NthCarolinaHibs
27-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Assuming all ok and the undersoil heating must be functioning or we’d have been told if the game was in any doubt

They waited long enough to tell Partick what was going on...no that long ago 🤔..

macca70
27-12-2017, 07:53 AM
They waited long enough to tell Partick what was going on...no that long ago 🤔..

Yeah, your probably right, nothing that circus does should surprise us.