PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dembele off to Brighton.

RamblingJack
25-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Just seen it on Sky news.

Billy Whizz
25-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Just seen it on Sky news.

Wonder if that’s Celtic’s way of opening the bidding for other clubs
They’ll need to replace him though

Eyrie
25-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Wonder if that’s Celtic’s way of opening the bidding for other clubs
They’ll need to replace him though

I think they have an option to buy the kid from PSG, and there's some guy called Griffiths who's said to be quite good.

Gmack7
25-12-2017, 09:54 AM
they've now got the funds for McGinn

blaikie
25-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Good bit of business for them, he’s been a part player this season due to injuries.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-12-2017, 09:58 AM
That'll knock the latest Griffiths rumour on the head. Fee rumoured to be around £18m.

Frazerbob
25-12-2017, 10:00 AM

Think they might just have had enough funds for SJM anyway.

CB_NO3
25-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Chris Mclaughlin from the BBC just tweeted saying Celtic have called it a lot of nonsense.

Lago
25-12-2017, 10:44 AM

They've always had the funds for him, if they want him.

iwasthere1972
25-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Chris Mclaughlin from the BBC just tweeted saying Celtic have called it a lot of nonsense.

£18 million for Dembele. Not worth even half of that.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Can't see him going to brighton

Hermit Crab
25-12-2017, 12:19 PM
On radio that its not true.

Ryan69
25-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Completely agree.

Hibernia&Alba
25-12-2017, 12:48 PM
On radio that its not true.

I actually think he'd be worth every penny of £18 million, provided he stayed fit. Let's see what happens with this yin.

Souter96Mac
25-12-2017, 12:49 PM
What a deal they've done if they pull this sort of figure off, got him in for free I believe.

Michael
25-12-2017, 01:06 PM
I actually think he'd be worth every penny of £18 million, provided he stayed fit. Let's see what happens with this yin.

Could go either way. I think Wanyama and Van Dijk were much safer bets.

Ryan69
25-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Hes definately not actually worth that much.

But Oxlaide Chamberlain £35 million. Bang average.
Kyle Walker £50 million. Bang average.
Pickford £35 million. Bang average.

The amounts of money down their is absolutely ridiculous.

Thegreenside
25-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Kyle walker isn’t bang average

supermcginn
25-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Man city have won the league by xmas I'm sure they are thinking walker was a bargain! Pickford is outstanding for 23 years old.

Firestarter
25-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Pickford and especially Walker are anything but average. Walker is borderline best full back in the world.

Hi Heid Yin
25-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Let's face it, no player in the EPL is worth anything near the sums dished out.
It's a hyper-inflated market and Dembele's value is only what a club is prepared to pay.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2017, 03:17 PM

Walker is the right back in a side that is literally winning every week. Wish I was that bad.

Ryan69
25-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Walker is the right back in a side that is literally winning every week. Wish I was that bad.

He is in a team that rarely has to defend.

Nobody in their right mind can surely believe Walker is worth that much...lol

So how much are Marcelo,Sandro and Alaba worth then???

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2017, 03:56 PM

Not one of those players will was available though. Pep thinks that and he knows better than us. Fullbacks are absolutely vital to how City play, he went and got Walker.

brog
25-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Not one of those players will was available though. Pep thinks that and he knows better than us. Fullbacks are absolutely vital to how City play, he went and got Walker.

Not really true about the full backs. His 1st choice for left back has been injured, his 2nd choice doesn't get a game so he plays a midfield player, Delph, at LB instead. Walker's a good player but I'm pretty sure City would be top even if, like the LB situation, he wasn't available.

-Jonesy-
25-12-2017, 05:07 PM
£35m for Andy Carrol and that was some years ago

ekhibee
25-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Good point. I've not seen much of Walker this season, but he's always good going forward. Defending he's really average, anybody who saw the game against Iceland would see that, particularly for the first goal when he was ball watching.

johnbc70
25-12-2017, 06:38 PM

Pep did, reckon he knows a thing or two?

jacomo
25-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Pep did, reckon he knows a thing or two?

Pep knows nothing. he's been found out by the Best League in the World, remember?

:faf:

heretoday
25-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Kyle walker isn’t bang average

And Pickford's a great keeper.

SirDavidsNapper
25-12-2017, 07:14 PM
How warped has football become when Brighton and Hove Albion can pinch Celtics most valuable asset.

oneone73
25-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Mo more warped than the Hibernian manager going to Rotherham

jgl07
25-12-2017, 07:21 PM
Not really true about the full backs. His 1st choice for left back has been injured, his 2nd choice doesn't get a game so he plays a midfield player, Delph, at LB instead. Walker's a good player but I'm pretty sure City would be top even if, like the LB situation, he wasn't available.
City did not have a second choice left back, possibly due to the late departure of Alex Kolorov. Danilo was back up to Walker at right back and can also play holding midfield. Danilo cannot really play left back. In absence of anyone else Delph was drafted in to left back and has done a remarkable job there.

Walker is one of the fastest players in the Premier League, at worst third fastest (behind Sane and Stirling). His speed is crucial t cover gaps caused by his forward forays.

The main changes for City since last season have been a new goalkeeper and four full backs out (Zabaleta, Sagnia, Clichy and Kolorov) and three new full backs in.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2017, 07:26 PM
How warped has football become when Brighton and Hove Albion can pinch Celtics most valuable asset.

Especially if 18 million is a pinch.

Scouse Hibee
25-12-2017, 07:34 PM
City did not have a second choice left back, possibly due to the late departure of Alex Kolorov. Danilo was back up to Walker at right back and can also play holding midfield. Danilo cannot really play left back. In absence of anyone else Delph was drafted in to left back and has done a remarkable job there.

Walker is one of the fastest players in the Premier League, at worst third fastest (behind Sane and Stirling). His speed is crucial t cover gaps caused by his forward forays.

The main changes for City since last season have been a new goalkeeper and four full backs out (Zabaleta, Sagnia, Clichy and Kolorov) and three new full backs in.

Nope he's not in the top three for speed.

brog
25-12-2017, 08:28 PM

I know all that. The OP said full backs are vital to the way City play. I was pointing out that this can hardly be the case when he's playing a holding midfield player at left back. I think you're agreeing even though as you say Delph has done a decent job.

monktonharp
25-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Mo more warped than the Hibernian manager going to Rotherhamgood point on warpedness.

jgl07
26-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Nope he's not in the top three for speed.

I have just checked and according to OPTA, Walker was the fastest this season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/10-fastest-players-premier-league-11120341

A subsequent anaysis made Leroy Sane the fastest and Walker fourth.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sane-the-fastest-premier-league-player-since-records-began/183je6xl87bod1j6fjtegzb2lk

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2017, 09:30 AM
I have just checked and according to OPTA, Walker was the fastest this season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/10-fastest-players-premier-league-11120341

A subsequent anaysis made Leroy Sane the fastest and Walker fourth.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sane-the-fastest-premier-league-player-since-records-began/183je6xl87bod1j6fjtegzb2lk

Hence why I said he wasn't in tbe top three.😉

DH1875
26-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Alan Stubbs said this morning he'd be surprised if Dembele went for £18million because erm................he's worth a lot more than that. WTF :confused:, love him to bits but shows you how ducked up football is.

Betty Boop
26-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Alan Stubbs said this morning he'd be surprised if Dembele went for £18million because erm................he's worth a lot more than that. WTF :confused:, love him to bits but shows you how ducked up football is.

Apparently Celtic want 25 million. No bad business when they paid 500k for him.

jgl07
26-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Apparently Celtic want 25 million. No bad business when they paid 500k for him.

Well if Romelu Lukako is 'worth' £75 million, Dembele is a snip at £25 million.