PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2017, 05:57 PM
They never even analysed our 2nd goal! what's that all about? where they too scared to give the goal to Oli claiming it was an OG?

Pathetic coverage once again from these hun/yam loving fuds.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Was just wondering where the weekly moan about Sportscene thread was!

Even on Christmas Eve. Couldn’t let it go and had to have a bash about it eh!!

I enjoyed it. So there. :na na:

theonlywayisup
24-12-2017, 06:11 PM
This is getting boring now!!

Just chill.

cleanyman
24-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Where's the posts this week on the refs cheating ?

That county goal is clearly onside. Lucky.

Keith_M
24-12-2017, 06:15 PM

I was exactly in line with the offside and the call was correct.

FitbaFolkKen
24-12-2017, 06:19 PM
The passes form McGeouch and Stokes deserved goals at the end, cracking balls!

The Harp
24-12-2017, 06:21 PM

That'll do for me!:-)

Sir David Gray
24-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Obviously the angle that you watch it from could deceive you and the best place to watch it from would be if you were directly in line with the incident, however from the angle Sportscene have caught it, the guy does look level.

green day
24-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Ditto, West Upper section 11. Said to brother in law immediately it was off, the boy was almost behind efe.

Lago
24-12-2017, 06:39 PM
They never even analysed our 2nd goal! what's that all about? where they too scared to give the goal to Oli claiming it was an OG?

Pathetic coverage once again from these hun/yam loving fuds.

Yes they did, not to a great extent but tye did. Not a lot to analyze to be honest.

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Ditto, West Upper section 11. Said to brother in law immediately it was off, the boy was almost behind efe.Except he was onside

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Yes they did, not to a great extent but tye did. Not a lot to analyze to be honest.

Seriously? I must have blinked and missed it then, so your quite happy for them not to comment on Brandon's excellent run and cross (yet again) didn't merit a bit of praise?

Whatever...

Thecat23
24-12-2017, 06:48 PM
sportscene is gash, MOTD is gash. Best watching online without idiots in a studio stating the absolute obvious like we haven’t watched a game before so need a complete in-depth review of every incident!

greenlex
24-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Seriously? I must have blinked and missed it then, so your quite happy for them not to comment on Brandon's excellent run and cross (yet again) didn't merit a bit of praise?

Whatever...

They did in commentary. That and replay the who scored from the available camera highlighted Dylan’s ball to Stokes and Stokes pass to Boyle saying his clever it was. I’m not sure what you’re looking for.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2017, 06:52 PM
They did in commentary. That and replay the who scored from the available camera highlighted Dylan’s ball to Stokes and Stokes pass to Boyle saying his clever it was. I’m not sure what you’re looking for.

Just a bit of praise in the lead up to the 2nd goal?

Maybe not then..

greenlex
24-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Just a bit of praise in the lead up to the 2nd goal?

Maybe not then..

They did in commentary and in the replay. What were you looking for? More?

eastterrace
24-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Ditto, West Upper section 11. Said to brother in law immediately it was off, the boy was almost behind efe.

That was my take on it as well. He looked offside but the goal scorer was onside

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
24-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Obviously the angle that you watch it from could deceive you and the best place to watch it from would be if you were directly in line with the incident, however from the angle Sportscene have caught it, the guy does look level.

Their feet are level on the sportscene still, but the body angles look like the forward is just offside.

Ringothedog
24-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Was it ?

Craigmount Hibs
24-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Except he was onside

No. He wasn’t/ they weren’t. The number 11 was offside. Great decision by the linesman. I was also right in line and saw it as called - why do you say he was onside when he wasn’t?

John_R_Corbett
24-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Pathetic coverage once again from these hun/yam loving fuds.If it bothers you that much I think the best idea would be not to watch it. I think it's pish so I don't bother with it, it's not difficult. The highlights are available elsewhere.

Eyrie
24-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Their player #11 who squared the ball was beyond Ambrose when the ball was played to him, so he was offside and it's irrelevant that the subsequent "scorer" was onside.

My view from section 12 at the time, and it still looked that way on the BBC highlights.

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2017, 07:15 PM
No. He wasn’t/ they weren’t. The number 11 was offside. Great decision by the linesman. I was also right in line and saw it as called - why do you say he was onside when he wasn’t?I meant Curran. He was onside according to the replays.

Onceinawhile
24-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Was it shaw's goal or an og then?

inglisavhibs
24-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Me too, although it was close he was offside. The angle on BBC wasn't good enough. As soon as the ball was headed we all as one shouted offside!

greenlex
24-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Was it shaw's goal or an og then?

Hard to tell on the evidence. Concensus is who cares. Ref spoke to shaw about running into crowd after scoring and told him not to do it next time so he gave it to him I reckon.

Lago
24-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Whatever...

Yes seriously, you obviously don't pay attention.

Lago
24-12-2017, 07:29 PM
sportscene is gash, MOTD is gash. Best watching online without idiots in a studio stating the absolute obvious like we haven’t watched a game before so need a complete in-depth review of every incident!

I enjoy MOTD, agree some of the so called experts can be a pain, but not all.

Thecat23
24-12-2017, 08:12 PM

I record it and skip all the chat to be honest. Can’t stand listening to them go over and over the most simple things.

iwasthere1972
24-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I normally fast forward from match to match. Can't be bothered with all this over analysising and predictable manager interviews.

Job done.

Renfrew_Hibby
24-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Yip. Record the HD version on BBC1 and then skip all the clap trap chit chat.

vuefrom1875
24-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Miles better than that Dross served up by bbc weggie 😂

Brunswickbill
24-12-2017, 09:23 PM

Offside. Efe leans back away from the goal, intentionally I think, meanimg that the Ross County No 11 - Curran's body is closer to the goal than his. Curran is offside no matter what the "expert pundits" on Sportscene say.

A player is in an offside position if he is in the opposing team's half of the field and is also "nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent." The 2005 edition of the Laws of the Game included a new IFAB decision that stated, "In the definition of offside position, 'nearer to his opponents' goal line' means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition". By 2017, the wording had changed to say that, in judging offside position, "The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered." In other words, a player is in an offside position if two conditions are met:

Any part of the player's head, body or feet is in the opponents' half of the field (excluding the half-way line).
Any part of the player's head, body or feet is closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

TelaStella
24-12-2017, 09:43 PM
I was West Lower FF end and knew it was off.

Thecat23
24-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Offside for me, just!

hibsbollah
24-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Offside. Efe leans back away from the goal, intentionally I think, meanimg that the Ross County No 11 - Curran's body is closer to the goal than his. Curran is offside no matter what the "expert pundits" on Sportscene say.

A player is in an offside position if he is in the opposing team's half of the field and is also "nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent." The 2005 edition of the Laws of the Game included a new IFAB decision that stated, "In the definition of offside position, 'nearer to his opponents' goal line' means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition". By 2017, the wording had changed to say that, in judging offside position, "The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered." In other words, a player is in an offside position if two conditions are met:

Any part of the player's head, body or feet is in the opponents' half of the field (excluding the half-way line).
Any part of the player's head, body or feet is closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

There's always been a commentators mantra that 'the attacker should always get the benefit of the doubt' and 'in line is onside'. Is there anything in writing to back this up?

CMurdoch
24-12-2017, 10:04 PM
I record it and skip all the chat to be honest. Can’t stand listening to them go over and over the most simple things.

Sounds like hibs.net :wink:

Thecat23
24-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Sounds like hibs.net :wink:

😂 it does at times myself included!

Brunswickbill
24-12-2017, 10:52 PM
There's always been a commentators mantra that 'the attacker should always get the benefit of the doubt' and 'in line is onside'. Is there anything in writing to back this up?

Well the pundits spout that so it must be true.😙

JimBHibees
25-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Looks offside from that picture

rossevenil
25-12-2017, 06:16 PM
More to the point how did the Sevco player not get booked for leaving the pitch and joining the crowd? I know its baws but bet your bottom $ if a Hibs player does that the yellow will be out in a flash,would then have been sent off for a later challenge if Collum does his job right.
Also Tavernier got away with a challenge which should have been a yellow regardless if he was already booked or not.

danhibees1875
25-12-2017, 06:23 PM
More to the point how did the Sevco player not get booked for leaving the pitch and joining the crowd? I know its baws but bet your bottom $ if a Hibs player does that the yellow will be out in a flash,would then have been sent off for a later challenge if Collum does his job right.
Also Tavernier got away with a challenge which should have been a yellow regardless if he was already booked or not.

You mean like Barker, when he wasn't booked? :greengrin

hibbysam
25-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Barker had no choice but to leave the pitch. Shaw did however join him over the boards so your point is partly correct lol.

danhibees1875
25-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Barker had no choice but to leave the pitch. Shaw did however join him over the boards so your point is partly correct lol.

I think Barker had a choice; his momentum barely takes him out of play, he then goes 5 more yards and over the advertising boards through choice. Oli then even more so goes over to join him, Stokes too.

Hopefully the start of smarter refereeing to let these go.

givescotlandfreedom
26-12-2017, 12:56 AM
I would have liked to see the penalty claim in the first half for a foul on Lewis. Looked a decent shout at the time from where I was.

rossevenil
26-12-2017, 01:57 AM

:greengrin hadn`t realised he didn`t get a booking lol naughty boy

where'stheslope
26-12-2017, 04:51 PM

How stupid is the offside rule, not only has the linesman got to see when the ball is kicked, then has to look along the line and check if a players feet head or body is playing him on or off????

The linesman could be 3 yards away from the line of the players, both players in the time it takes the pass or cross to arrive have moved, so no wonder they get it wrong time and time again!!!

Even if the linesman had freeze frame vision, it would still be hard to call, time to scrap it or go back to just offside or onside, and get rid of this not interfering with play, not active, off or on is all we need!!!!!

TheGreenMan
26-12-2017, 07:55 PM
When is sportscene on for the Derby highlights? Had a look but couldnt see it listed :confused: