PDA

View Full Version : And the Referee for the derby come Weds evening

Firestarter
24-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Is our familiar whistler of full time all of us have seen thousands of times - Steven McLean. Delighted with that news. Sorry if already posted.

BigKev
24-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Let Aberdeen away with murder against us. Hope he doesn't let that lot do the same.

Firestarter
24-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Let Aberdeen away with murder against us. Hope he doesn't let that lot do the same.

In what respect?

weecounty hibby
24-12-2017, 06:13 PM
In what respect?

He had a shocker at ER against Aberdeen earlier in the season. They shoed Hibs all over the park and he let them away with it. Stevie May should have been sent off for a brutal tackle on Boyle. Let them waste time as well from about the 37th minute on. Still one of the best refs out there but he had a serious off day that day

Firestarter
24-12-2017, 06:16 PM
He had a shocker at ER against Aberdeen earlier in the season. They shoed Hibs all over the park and he let them away with it. Stevie May should have been sent off for a brutal tackle on Boyle. Let them waste time as well from about the 37th minute on. Still one of the best refs out there but he had a serious off day that day

Thanks, sorry I wasn't there so I wasn't being wide was just interested. He's in general good so hopefully same goes for Weds.

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2017, 06:54 PM
He could Craig Thomson us on a future occasion and I'd still keep my shrine to the free-kick he gave us in the last minute when McGeouch tried to decapitate the Rangers player.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
24-12-2017, 07:09 PM
He could Craig Thomson us on a future occasion and I'd still keep my shrine to the free-kick he gave us in the last minute when McGeouch tried to decapitate the Rangers player.

Surely it was the other way around, the rangers player got the free kick against him for high feet. At the time it was a strange one but I watch the game back all the time and it was the right shout.

Not going to get all Leeds United about any ref, they can all are a shocker on the day regardless of how well they’ve done in the past. Just hope for all of the game changing decisions to go in our favour.

John_R_Corbett
24-12-2017, 07:13 PM
We just need to get in about them and no give a **** who the referee is. **** the h*****s

erin go bragh
24-12-2017, 07:59 PM
One of the better options imo . The standard of refs in Scotland is brutal.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all .

Ringothedog
24-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Is our familiar whistler of full time all of us have seen thousands of times - Steven McLean. Delighted with that news. Sorry if already posted.

He is a complete and utter buffoon, I would sooner have a certain Mr Thompson.

Scouse Hibee
25-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Big game ref panic never fails to amuse me.

ajf
25-12-2017, 08:15 AM
He is a complete and utter buffoon, I would sooner have a certain Mr Thompson.

Can I suggest you watch reruns off 2012 and 2016 Scottish cup finals

FastEddieFelson
25-12-2017, 10:13 AM

that was always a free kick to us. the big decision he got right that day was to allow stokes's second. on another day that could have been given as a push on tavernier, but thankfully he let it go.

stoneyburn hibs
25-12-2017, 12:16 PM
I don't think that I will ever bring myself to criticise Steven McLean.

monktonharp
25-12-2017, 10:32 PM
I don't think that I will ever bring myself to criticise Steven McLean.:agree: long live Steven

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 11:31 AM
We need a strong honest performance from McLean and his linesman and fourth official ! They will inflict every single antic in tonights game, lets hope that being live on SKY makes the officials do their jobs as they should do and not bottle making big decisions, also that McLean tells Berra to shut the f--- up and worry about his own game instead of trying referee the game for him !

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:38 AM
that was always a free kick to us. the big decision he got right that day was to allow stokes's second. on another day that could have been given as a push on tavernier, but thankfully he let it go.

There's also plenty refs that would've given a penalty for Stevensons push in the box.

I don't recall Mclean having a decent performance in a hibs game since that day to be fair tho. It's almost like he's been told he's on his last warning after that day :greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-12-2017, 11:52 AM
I thought Berra was the ref, certainly was as at the last game

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 01:13 PM
I thought Berra was the ref, certainly was as at the last game

Exactly every decision , same as mclean at Aberdeen, Brown at Celtic, was Kenny Miller at Sevco, ..cant understand why a ref would let players do it !!

Ringothedog
27-12-2017, 10:38 PM
I rest my case

Mellow Hibee
27-12-2017, 10:47 PM
I rest my case

hard to argue with that