PDA

View Full Version : Levein today’s after match comment

Billy Whizz
23-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Looking forward to Wednesday, don’t think Hibs were much better than is in the last game🤣

CallumLaidlaw
23-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Looking forward to Wednesday, don’t think Hibs were much better than is in the last game🤣

Yeah had a laugh at that billy. “We weren’t very good but Hibs weren’t much better” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I’ll crack the jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colr
23-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Levein had Hibs sussed for years. I hope Lennon has done his homework.

JimboHibs
23-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Did he really mention us 😂😂 what a ****in specimen.

Jim44
23-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Levein is one of the major tossers of Scottish football. He showed his hand as an incompetent international manager and hasn’t / never will recover.

Austinho
23-12-2017, 11:07 PM
He also said Cochrane shouldn’t have been sent off and it was harsh. As clear a second yellow card as you’ll see. The guy is a fanny.

Mantis Toboggan
23-12-2017, 11:52 PM
4 6 0. That is all.

Vini1875
24-12-2017, 12:09 AM
This is the game more than any that will define levein in the minds of the jambos. Hibs win and his days are numbered, they all know it.

John_R_Corbett
24-12-2017, 12:13 AM
Levein is one of the major tossers of Scottish football. He showed his hand as an incompetent international manager and hasn’t / never will recover.Almost correct, if I change a few words I think it'll be bang on "Levein is the major tosser of Scottish football. He showed his hand as an incompetent international manager and hasn’t / never will recover."

Thecat23
24-12-2017, 12:15 AM

Same guy who’s not got the money like before aye? Same Levein who we roasted last time and should have won by more? Give me Lennon over that **** everyday of the week.

Oh... and we won’t lose this derby!!

Tornadoes70
24-12-2017, 12:18 AM
They are obsessed with us. They will combust when we win or draw next week. Weirdos.

:greengrin

silverhibee
24-12-2017, 12:27 AM
4 6 0. That is all.

How anyone can take him seriously in football after that formation is f***ing deluded, Dr Deluded to the rescue.

Firestarter
24-12-2017, 12:34 AM
What a tosser. When was the last time they where actually better in a Derby? Even the last time they won about 200 games ago we missed a pen and got a man sent off for bugger all.

When we do them it's going to hurt that **** hard. Glakit bottling tosser.

Baader
24-12-2017, 12:37 AM
40 odd years in fitba and hasn't even fluked a medal. That's how good he is. Guys with a fraction of his managerial time in Scotland, like Kenny Shields and Danny Lennon have won honours. Loser.

Pete
24-12-2017, 12:42 AM

Unlike previous years, he has to deal with a hibs who don’t have a soft underbelly.

We'll still need to wear gumshields.

NAE NOOKIE
24-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Whatever Levin is as a manager he does know how to make a team hard to score against, as witness their current 4 game run without losing a goal. We don't score many compared to the chances we make and that's going to be our biggest problem on Wednesday. His comments on the last derby are wide of the mark, but it is a fact that even though we were by far the better team the Yams did have a period towards the end of the game when they could have nicked a draw in typical spawnny Yam fashion.

As for us .... nae trash talk frae the Hibees please, lets just do it on the pitch eh :aok:

eastcoasthibby
24-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Totally agree about levein, but his masty, single minded arrogance and warped attitude towards how his teams play in games, will make sure that they are in our faces in every single way on Wednesday and they will do anything and everything to get a result. He will have them would up to the max. Ready to kick us up and down the park, we will need to be at it from the off and hope the referee and his officials do their jobs.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2017, 07:11 AM
I reckon Levein was born in a science lab, he has been genetically engineered to be the most humourless, classless, bitter, and miserable wet blanket of a guy the world has ever seen.

No one likes him. Not even his own fans. He is the ultimate prick.

Colr
24-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Same guy who’s not got the money like before aye? Same Levein who we roasted last time and should have won by more? Give me Lennon over that **** everyday of the week.

Oh... and we won’t lose this derby!!

I hope you’re right but he’ll set up a defensive side, play industrial football and try to hit us with a sucker punch. It’s worked before. I hope no more.

Aldo
24-12-2017, 07:25 AM
They will set up not to get beaten however they will use every trick in the book to try and beat us. I particularly think Berra, who is a big unit, to throw himself to the ground with arms flailing in a bid to get fouls. Has been doing this since his return to Scottish football.

We must go out, compete and take our bloody chances. Discipline will also be key.

We must also make sure we don't underestimate them (sure we won't) but go out with confidence and play our game.

They will blotter us off the park with SJM targeted for some special treatment!

green day
24-12-2017, 07:45 AM
They will be rightly confident given the last few results, and that they are now unbeaten in 7.

Levein has made them tough to beat, and its pretty clear that they are not the shambles that rocked up at Easter Road a few months back.

They have little in the way of flair, however, especially in the the midfield - it says a lot when their most creative midfielder is a 16 yo and hes now banned for wednesday.

In general I am not particularly worried about Hearts, but not as confident about winning as I was last time out.

Our biggest "problem" might actually be more obvious now that Cochrane is out - I can see Hearts completely missing out their midfield and shelling monster balls from Berra etc into our box looking for Lafferty knock downs - and despite getting the result yesterday, we are really not convincing defending crosses.

The only way we can stop that is by controlling the midfield and limiting their chances. I think we need SJM, Dylan, Bartley in there to take control, and if that means we sacrifice a winger then so be it.

In summary?

I have a ticket and am really excited about this one, a win would be fantastic.

However, we dont convert enough of our chances, and they concede little at the back - a neutral would reasonably look at this and say it could be a boring 0-0.

bingo70
24-12-2017, 07:49 AM
They will be rightly confident given the last few results, and that they are now unbeaten in 7.

Levein has made them tough to beat, and its pretty clear that they are not the shambles that rocked up at Easter Road a few months back.

They have little in the way of flair, however, especially in the the midfield - it says a lot when their most creative midfielder is a 16 yo and hes now banned for wednesday.

In general I am not particularly worried about Hearts, but not as confident about winning as I was last time out.

Our biggest "problem" might actually be more obvious now that Cochrane is out - I can see Hearts completely missing out their midfield and shelling monster balls from Berra etc into our box looking for Lafferty knock downs - and despite getting the result yesterday, we are really not convincing defending crosses.

The only way we can stop that is by controlling the midfield and limiting their chances. I think we need SJM, Dylan, Bartley in there to take control, and if that means we sacrifice a winger then so be it.

In summary?

However, we dont convert enough of our chances, and they concede little at the back - a neutral would reasonably look at this and say it could be a boring 0-0.

I agree and I also think a boring nil nil would be a good result for us.

I’d be quite happy to see us play for a draw and try to hit them on the break.

Aldo
24-12-2017, 07:57 AM
I agree and I also think a boring nil nil would be a good result for us. I’d be quite happy to see us play for a draw and try to hit them on the break.

With that I wonder if we will see Barker dropped for Marv with a MF of SJM, Dylan and Marv with Boyle, Stokes and Shaw up top??

Boyle's pace will also be crucial IMHO and I really do hope when we get them we take our chances

mcfly
24-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Look who cares about Levein- pressure is all on him...

Let’s see how he handles it. Remember this is a guy who has won nowt as a player and nowt as a manager.

I know who I’d want in my dugout on wed.

big Marv will excel in this game. Made for him

IGRIGI
24-12-2017, 08:05 AM
A part of me would actually like to see them have the better of the match only for us to win with an 89th minute controversial goal as it would ensure maximum seethe from Potter.

Aldo
24-12-2017, 08:14 AM
A part of me would actually like to see them have the better of the match only for us to win with an 89th minute controversial goal as it would ensure maximum seethe from Potter.

I'll agree to an extent as it would have him seething however I would rather we gave them a right doing with us scoring 3 or 4

Pretty Boy
24-12-2017, 08:24 AM
I feel sorry for Levein. He wakes up every morning and will remember he is Craig Levein. A man who won no medals as a player and hid in the toilet in the hour when his club needed him most. He has won no honours as a manager and not only failed as an international manager but is remembered for being a coward in his approach in at least one game. He spent a couple of years hiding from the front line whilst still working a couple of puppets from the back thus shielding him from the worst of the abuse. Coward. Now he's back on the front line and deflecting away from his own well known shortcomings.

If I was Craig Levein I'd definitely be bitter as well. Life has dealt him a pretty crap hand.

bingo70
24-12-2017, 08:29 AM
I feel sorry for Levein. He wakes up every morning and will remember he is Craig Levein. A man who won no medals as a player and hid in the toilet in the hour when his club needed him most. He has won no honours as a manager and not only failed as an international manager but is remembered for being a coward in his approach in at least one game. He spent a couple of years hiding from the front line whilst still working a couple of puppets from the back thus shielding him from the worst of the abuse. Coward. Now he's back on the front line and deflecting away from his own well known shortcomings.

If I was Craig Levein I'd definitely be bitter as well. Life has dealt him a pretty crap hand.

Just reading there that even Graeme Hogg won something, the Anglo Italian cup with Notts County.

Wonder how that makes Levein feel?

Libby Hibby
24-12-2017, 08:32 AM
If we avoid defeat on Wednesday, they will not have had a victory over us for 3 whole calender years.

Onion
24-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Look who cares about Levein- pressure is all on him...

Let’s see how he handles it. Remember this is a guy who has won nowt as a player and nowt as a manager.

I know who I’d want in my dugout on wed.

big Marv will excel in this game. Made for him

:agree: Pressure on Levein's palpable for this one - desperate to stop the rot, give us the doing their arrogance demands, and for destroying their songbook.

Their problem is Lennon and these Hibs players present a very different challenge to the mentally-weak Hibs teams that Levien has come to know over the years.

Hearts are a shadow of the team they were 5 years ago, and so are Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
24-12-2017, 09:33 AM

They dont help themselves that lot. Team talk done.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2017, 09:53 AM
They’ve got the same players and manager as last time out when we were warned that they’d be right up for it, kick us off the park and put us back in our place.

Didn’t work out to well for them then and it won’t on Wednesday.

We’re better than them all over the park and will generally piss all over them and get the three points.

Then we’ll knock them out the cup again.

hibbysam
24-12-2017, 10:06 AM
With that I wonder if we will see Barker dropped for Marv with a MF of SJM, Dylan and Marv with Boyle, Stokes and Shaw up top??

Boyle's pace will also be crucial IMHO and I really do hope when we get them we take our chances

I think Barker would need to drop out. Unfortunately the tattie field at Tynie doesn’t allow you to play football and we need to set up like the cup tie last year.

24-12-2017, 10:07 AM
There only hope is that joke of a pitch. Heard they've planted tatties so they will have something to lift at the end of the season.( old ones are the best )
Right down the front of the Roseburn for this one. Cannot wait.
GGTTH

matty_f
24-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Levein shat it in '86. Actual factual.

Not In The Know
24-12-2017, 10:12 AM
They are obsessed. Just about every headline in the evening news in the last week is about them commenting on - 1. They will catch us. 2. They will beat us. 3. They wil out fight us. They didn’t even mention St Johnstone before they played them.

They had 1 shot on target yesterday. Normal service has resumed.

O'Rourke3
24-12-2017, 10:18 AM
I reckon Levein was born in a science lab, he has been genetically engineered to be the most humourless, classless, bitter, and miserable wet blanket of a guy the world has ever seen.

No one likes him. Not even his own fans. He is the ultimate prick.

Central FiferI thought. Doesn't require much more explanation..... :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Hearts need to win this one and they all know that.

lord bunberry
24-12-2017, 10:43 AM
:agree: And he’ll do the same on Wednesday. He knows avoiding defeat will keep the mutants in the stand from turning on him.

Phil MaGlass
24-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Absolutely no way will this end up 0-0, I wont predict the score in this one as most of the time ahm wrong.:greengrin 0-0, it wont be

24-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Unlike previous years, he has to deal with a hibs who don’t have a soft underbelly.

We'll still need to wear gumshields.

Yes, gumshields and long studs all round. Incidentally, why does Berra use a gumshield? Is it because he might be up for a corner and go for the ball at the same as Lafferty.

In the context of the derby, yesterday's games were huge. Their confidence will have come down a notch or two having not been able to perform anywhere close to the same level as they did for the Celtic game, whereas we got back to winning ways, which is a nice wee confidence boost.

As for Levein's comments, they are a very poor attempt at mind games. He knows fine well they were outplayed in the last derby and were lucky to only lose by 1. The players know it and so do their fans, many of whom acknowledged we were by far the better side. He's a fool if he really thinks his players will be tricked into thinking they were/are almost as good as us, especially as he has said more than once they are lacking quality. Everyone knows it's nearly time for their bi-annual clearout and for the likes of Djoum to start touting for a move. Him and Walker won't want to risk an injury this close to January.

24-12-2017, 11:58 AM

Would loved to have seen him do this:

https://youtu.be/9t_8pfbCH-4

Ha ha, Craig Leveineker.

Kojock
24-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Levein and the Jambos were made for each other.

hibbydog
24-12-2017, 12:09 PM

In summary?

Completely agree

Bostonhibby
24-12-2017, 12:16 PM

If I was Craig Levein I'd definitely be bitter as well. Life has dealt him a pretty crap hand.Agree every word, except the feeling sorry for him bit. He killed the pleasure I used to get from watching Scotland and it's never really recovered.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
24-12-2017, 12:43 PM
If we avoid defeat on Wednesday, they will not have had a victory over us for 3 whole calender years.

17/08/14... It's already been over 3 calendar years

Edit: just realised what you meant lol

Billy Whizz
24-12-2017, 12:44 PM

Must be song in their for Hibs fans, Matty

Stokesy's on fire
24-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Did he really mention us 😂😂 what a ****in specimen.

To be fair to Potter he was asked about his thoughts on the upcoming derby. But he sounded so bitter it made me smile.

Deansy
24-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Not really - in his 1st spell in charge, he just had accesss to better players bought with 'Other People's Money' !. This time around for Levein, it's a level playing-field and we're on this unbeaten run against them - coincidence ?? - not really !