PDA

View Full Version : Always great to win the game before Christmas

G B Young
23-12-2017, 04:52 PM
I always feel it puts an extra spring in my step when we win the last game before Christmas, especially at Easter Road. I remember Malonga grabbing an injury time winner a couple of seasons back v QoTS which put us right on Rangers' tail in the Championship race and the celebrations were great.

After a dismal weekend last time round, things are looking a whole lot better tonight with the Hibees back to winning ways and Potter back to his moaning best:

Hearts boss Craig Levein was unhappy with the decision to send off teenager Harry Cochrane for a second booking after a challenge on Blair Alston.
Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: “Blair Alston said he didn’t touch him, that he hurdles him. He’s in the line of the ball trying to block it rather than tackle. I thought it was very very harsh. I’ll get a chance to look at it properly later on.
“I’m not 100% [referee] Kevin Clancy actually saw it, he just heard the squeal and made his decision from that.
“He was trying to block him from clearing the ball up the line, not tackle him, there’s a difference and that’s the annoying thing for me. He’s trying to get in front of him. It’s done but it’s unfortunate Harry will miss the next game.
“He was distraught."
And on the match, he continued: “Probably not happy with a point. In the second half we were in complete control and I was hopeful we would score.
“Even after Harry was sent off I thought there was an opportunity to sneak it."

Merry Christmas fellow Hibbies! :greengrin

Joe6-2
23-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Especially before facing them!
Levain is a bellend!

Saturday Boy
23-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Especially before facing them!
Levain is a bellend!

He wears a bellend’s hat

Joe6-2
23-12-2017, 05:08 PM
He wears it down in gorgie

Joe6-2
23-12-2017, 05:08 PM
And ****holes just like that

hfc rd
23-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I always feel it puts an extra spring in my step when we win the last game before Christmas, especially at Easter Road. I remember Malonga grabbing an injury time winner a couple of seasons back v QoTS which put us right on Rangers' tail in the Championship race and the celebrations were great.

After a dismal weekend last time round, things are looking a whole lot better tonight with the Hibees back to winning ways and Potter back to his moaning best:

Hearts boss Craig Levein was unhappy with the decision to send off teenager Harry Cochrane for a second booking after a challenge on Blair Alston.
Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: “Blair Alston said he didn’t touch him, that he hurdles him. He’s in the line of the ball trying to block it rather than tackle. I thought it was very very harsh. I’ll get a chance to look at it properly later on.
“I’m not 100% [referee] Kevin Clancy actually saw it, he just heard the squeal and made his decision from that.
“He was trying to block him from clearing the ball up the line, not tackle him, there’s a difference and that’s the annoying thing for me. He’s trying to get in front of him. It’s done but it’s unfortunate Harry will miss the next game.
“He was distraught."
And on the match, he continued: “Probably not happy with a point. In the second half we were in complete control and I was hopeful we would score.
“Even after Harry was sent off I thought there was an opportunity to sneak it."

Merry Christmas fellow Hibbies! :greengrin

Shots (on target):
St J - 11 (4)
Yams - 6 (1)

That single one shot on target came in the 1st half. So Potter is obviously talking complete s*** about looking hopeful on scoring the winner in the 2nd. The St Johnstone goalkeeper must have been having a relaxing Saturday afternoon if he only was needed for one single shot that needed saved.

Joe6-2
23-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Shots (on target):
St J - 11 (4)
Yams - 6 (1)

That single one shot on target came in the 1st half. So Potter is obviously talking complete s*** about looking hopeful on scoring the winner in the 2nd. The St Johnstone goalkeeper must have been having a relaxing Saturday afternoon if he only was needed for one single shot that needed saved.

So he’s a lying bellend

Pretty Boy
23-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Great result today and hopefully sets us up to put that shower across the city back in their box on Wednesday. Heard nothing from them for 18 months then a good week comes along and they are all mouth again.

The run of games in quick succession in December is always quite trying so picking up 3 points today was a good way to get back on track.

hfc rd
23-12-2017, 05:30 PM
So he’s a lying bellend

They had 57% possession. Pointless having that amount of the ball if you don’t make it count.

G B Young
23-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Great result today and hopefully sets us up to put that shower across the city back in their box on Wednesday. Heard nothing from them for 18 months then a good week comes along and they are all mouth again.

The run of games in quick succession in December is always quite trying so picking up 3 points today was a good way to get back on track.

Potter was obviously confident they'd be setting themselves up to go above us with a derby win and is taking out his frustration that instead they're five points behind us by talking p*** about their performance.

Hibs1969
23-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Reading the newspapers and internet stuff this week, I was under the impression that the yams had somehow metamorphasised into Real Madrid. Or am I reading it all wrong? A year and a half of eye-wateringly bad performances, managerial disasters, dreadful signings and ignominious defeats in the derbies all conveniently overlooked on the back of one good result. Aye right.