PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Alfiembra
22-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Reading this morning that he’s considering a loan deal to Bari in Italy, be dissappointing if he goes there before coming home to us.

Captain Trips
22-12-2017, 11:34 AM
The next move he makes could be the most important one he makes if he thinks it is Barri or whatever. Yeah it would be good to have him back but he needs to make the right choice.

Biggie
22-12-2017, 11:36 AM
indeed, probably on same (maybe more money) in Bari......whereas coming to us his salary would plummet.......its all about the money, money money.......part of me say can't blame him

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Winter sun in the Med; great lifestyle; probably a big wage; surrounded by beautiful Italian girls. Can't understand why he'd want to go there.

iwasthere1972
22-12-2017, 11:40 AM
All is Bari.

Dalianwanda
22-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Winter sun in the Med; great lifestyle; probably a big wage; surrounded by beautiful Italian girls. Can't understand why he'd want to go there.

Exactly....I know nothing about their level of football but would certainly be an adventure and a half. Guess if we wanted him enough we could get him though.

J-C
22-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Exactly....I know nothing about their level of football but would certainly be an adventure and a half. Guess if we wanted him enough we could get him though.

Got relegated last season to Serie B and currently sitting 3rd.

H18 SFR
22-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Crap stadium, huge with tonnes of empty seats, he'd be better at ER!

judas
22-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Dare I ask. Is he still good enough for us?

snooky
22-12-2017, 11:56 AM
It's a typo - should read Bar L.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 12:07 PM

Of course he is. :agree:

The Modfather
22-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Party on the beach with the Tartan Army when Italy was under a match day alcohol ban after trouble at the games. Fond memories of Bari 😀

Billy Whizz
22-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Is Henderson out of contract at the end of the season ?

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Watching him play I always thought football on the continent might actually suit him better, he is quite a technical player.

Bari might be just the right move for him, lets face it the attractions of a freezing night away to Hamilton or Ross County are hardly going to make him want to stay in Scotland when Italy is on offer. But once again this looks like a loan deal and he will eventually have to start asking where his career is going. Good luck to him anyway.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Is Henderson out of contract at the end of the season ?

Yeah. Development fee due if Celtic offer new contract. If he goes on trial with Celtics blessing he will probably leave for a nominal fee with sell on.

Saint Hibee
22-12-2017, 12:59 PM
The guys who run the Italian restaurant Al Dente on Easter Road are all from Bari and big Bari fans. Just saying ...

Elephant Stone
22-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Easily good enough for us right now; and in terms of signings for the long-term I reckon he's one of the best signings we could make.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Party on the beach with the Tartan Army when Italy was under a match day alcohol ban after trouble at the games. Fond memories of Bari 😀

It was indeed a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Jim44
22-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Easily good enough for us right now; and in terms of signings for the long-term I reckon he's one of the best signings we could make.

I’m at a bit of a loss to understand why he would go out on loan to a lower league Italian club. He was adamant that he wasn’t going back out on loan but would stay at Parkhead to fight for recognition. Obviously that was a complete failure so maybe he is trying to salvage something from his wilderness existence. But why hide himself away in Italy, unless there is a chance he could ressurect his career there. If he came on loan to us, he would at least be in a shop window where he would be exposed to more clubs that might be interested in him. Good luck to the lad but, meh!

silverhibee
22-12-2017, 02:17 PM
I’m at a bit of a loss to understand why he would go out on loan to a lower league Italian club. He was adamant that he wasn’t going back out on loan but would stay at Parkhead to fight for recognition. Obviously that was a complete failure so maybe he is trying to salvage something from his wilderness existence. But why hide himself away in Italy, unless there is a chance he could ressurect his career there. If he came on loan to us, he would at least be in a shop window where he would be exposed to more clubs that might be interested in him. Good luck to the lad but, meh!

Got the impression he was going over for a trial with the hope of securing a long term deal, he could possibly be playing in Seria A next season if Bari get promoted and he will get plenty of exposure over there, great move for him if it comes of and I'm sure Bari will be paying a lot more than Hibs can.

bob12345
22-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Hope we get him but if he gets a deal with Bari then fair play. More Scots should be testing themselves abroad rather than settling for lower Championship/League 1.

CMurdoch
22-12-2017, 03:15 PM
AS Bari : have highest average attendence in Serie B this season : 14,661
Hibs currently averaging 17,515

Only 11 teams out of the 20 teams in Serie A average 18,000 or more supporters
and only 5 average 26,000 or more.

What de ya think o them numbers?

SChibs
22-12-2017, 03:19 PM

Not a dig at you or anyone else on the thread but I don't think players actually care much about attendances in general. Obviously it's great to play in front of a full house but I can't see hendo choosing us cause we average 3k a week more than bari for example.

11 teams in Serie A have less fans than us but the players there play against some of the best teams in Europe and is an over all better quality league.

Heisenberg
22-12-2017, 03:46 PM
He’s obviously not scared to give something different a try having already been to Norway on loan.

danhibees1875
22-12-2017, 03:51 PM

It sounds like it's a better attended league than Scotland's by those numbers. :dunno:

The Modfather
22-12-2017, 04:00 PM
It was indeed a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

The train down from Rome, full of TA, was the probably the best part of the trip. The train back up at 7am after the game, freezing cold and hungover, after just staying out in the main square to 5am was less fun.

22-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Hope he gets himself a good move, whether it be to us or elsewhere as he needs to get himself away from Celtic whilst he's still young. Too good a talent to waste playing in Celtics youth teams.

CMurdoch
22-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Not a dig at you or anyone else on the thread but I don't think players actually care much about attendances in general. Obviously it's great to play in front of a full house but I can't see hendo choosing us cause we average 3k a week more than bari for example.

11 teams in Serie A have less fans than us but the players there play against some of the best teams in Europe and is an over all better quality league.

Firstly players will generally go where the status and money are.

The wee point I was making wasn't really about Henderson.

It was more about the massive proportion of Scottish people including Hibees who actively support football in their country compared to those in other European countries.
This is despite the lack of star players and a cold climate.

The core thing which holds Scottish football back from being a big player is the small population and the uber poor TV deal.

hhibs
22-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Firstly players will generally go where the status and money are.

The wee point I was making wasn't really about Henderson.

It was more about the massive proportion of Scottish people including Hibees who actively support football in their country compared to those in other European countries.
This is despite the lack of star players and a cold climate.

The core thing which holds Scottish football back from being a big player is the small population and the uber poor TV deal.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
22-12-2017, 04:07 PM
https://youtu.be/tI4jb-Aca9M

CMurdoch
22-12-2017, 04:11 PM
It sounds like it's a better attended league than Scotland's by those numbers. :dunno:

Not compared to Italy's 60 million population.
11 times that of Scotland yet their top league only averages about 60% more supporters than ours.

danhibees1875
22-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Not compared to Italy's 60 million population.
11 times that of Scotland yet their top league only averages about 60% more supporters than ours.

Surely that counts for nothing? :confused:

I agree generally, on a per capita basis Scotland has a tremendous support base. :agree:

Paisley Hibby
22-12-2017, 04:22 PM
All is Bari.

We have the winner 😂

IlDiavola
22-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Seriously, who wouldn't choose the Italian job?

H18S NX
22-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Party on the beach with the Tartan Army when Italy was under a match day alcohol ban after trouble at the games. Fond memories of Bari 😀 Remember it well

greenlex
22-12-2017, 06:22 PM
https://youtu.be/tI4jb-Aca9M

I think Ive something in my eye.

WoreTheGreen
22-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Seriously, who wouldn't choose the Italian job?

Michael Caine

22-12-2017, 07:42 PM
I think Ive something in my eye.

Wuss...I would've too but stopped it before it started.

Unless Hendo was to help Bari win the Coppa Italia for the first time ever with "Henderson da consegnaaaareeeeee" he'll never have the adulation of the Bari fans the same way he would with us..... just like Stokes has since he came back (starting from 9.45 on the 27th after he scores the winner).