PDA

View Full Version : Yams Silence of the Yams

theonlywayisup
22-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Have you noticed that the Yams have suddenly found their voice? Is it the same in your work location / pub?

For months, the Yams have rarely wanted to engage in talking about football. Whether it be related to what's taking place on the pitch, or off it with their stadium.

However, this week, they can't wait to turn the subject to football and the Derby next week. Suddenly, they are world beaters again.

They are almost back to being insufferable, like they were prior to 21st May 2016. Let's hope, this time next week, they are back into their 'silent' mode. I like them better that way.

Carheenlea
22-12-2017, 11:40 AM
The one reason why I don't engage with any. I find most fans of other teams in my acquaintance are up for a bit of a laugh and take the digs in good spirit and dish them back in good spirit. Hearts fans I find have no tolerance to banter or criticism, and are in the main a humourless group of fans. They like dishing it out of course, but because it's a one way street with them I just don't bother with them at all now. Can only go with your own experiences, but that's what it's like in my home town.

Geo_1875
22-12-2017, 11:45 AM
They did come up for air this week and it's not been pleasant. What shocked me was although every one I had to speak to wanted to talk about beating Celtc was how few of them actually made it to the game. I think most of them stayed in bed on Sunday with their heads under the covers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2017, 11:47 AM
The one reason why I don't engage with any. I find most fans of other teams in my acquaintance are up for a bit of a laugh and take the digs in good spirit and dish them back in good spirit. Hearts fans I find have no tolerance to banter or criticism, and are in the main a humourless group of fans. They like dishing it out of course, but because it's a one way street with them I just don't bother with them at all now. Can only go with your own experiences, but that's what it's like in my home town.

I know a few of them but, go out of my way to avoid discussing football with them for the same reasons.

where'stheslope
22-12-2017, 11:50 AM

Which is unlike us after 21st May 2016, we never crowed about it "did we"!!!

We have had a good run against them and it worries them, if we keep it going the longer the better!!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Its not that surprising, if we had beaten the 'unbeatable' 4 - 0 I don't doubt we would have been just as busy crowing about it and would have been just as happy to use it as an indication of how the derby is likely to pan out.

The difference is that prior to this weekend we could point to a number of games where our current squad has shown they are able to take on the 'big boys' with a win at Ibrox and draws home and away to Celtic. The Yams only have a one off display against Celtic on their recent CV and as has been shown in the past a one off result is hardly indicative of a good team ..... let them crow, it will just make it all the better when we beat them :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Absolutely - barely had a word all season but they’re back. Same goes for the monday night podcast - that’s back after a break as well.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Yep, where at it all week at work. I said I would give them a two fingered wave fae the Roseburn.

IGRIGI
22-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Wouldn't have it any other way, the best situation is to have them waltz onto the park thinking the derby is won before a ball has been kicked.

I'd have Bartley go right through one of them within seconds to show them what they are in for.

WeeRussell
22-12-2017, 12:05 PM
One or two (there's few of them I pay any attention to).. but I've seen more talk about Hearts and jambos on here than anywhere else over the past week, if I'm honest.

Carheenlea
22-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Absolutely - barely had a word all season but they’re back. Same goes for the monday night podcast - that’s back after a break as well.

:hilarious. :lolyam: :hilarious

Zazu62
22-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Not a peep since we came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle. Nearly 2 years ago?

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Not a peep since we came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle. Nearly 2 years ago?

We got lucky according to anusback, welts...:jamboak:

SirDavidsNapper
22-12-2017, 01:53 PM
They'll be back under their stones on the 27th. Here we go 9 in a row.

hibsbollah
22-12-2017, 01:57 PM
As discussed previously, more than one yam pal gave up supporting the team and 'started going to the ice hockey instead' because Scottish football is a joke. :faf: they've changed their minds and are now going to the upcoming Derby games, surprisingly enough. Zico Cochrane and the rest of the youthalanche has given them new found enthusiasm, it's quite sweet in a way.

Billy McKirdy
22-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Here we go

HFCdeb
22-12-2017, 05:45 PM
I really like it, to be honest.

IlDiavola
22-12-2017, 06:05 PM
To be fair, it was a hell of a scoreline.

If it had been us beating 'invincible' Celtic 4 zip the thread would still be at the top (above the Tiny stand thread, and that takes some doing!)and we would have been crowing about it all week at work and in the pub etc.

green day
22-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Hmmmm

**** them

Waxy
22-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Noticed the unfounded confidence they have since the Celtic game.Straining to tell me it’s a new jambos but they still look and sound terrified.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Beat celtc 4-0, throw off the corduroy strides and thrust the y fronts forward for all of Midlothian to admire.

Leave big hearts, Macraes Battalion Trust and the lady Haig Poppy fund short, step back and hide up your own crevice. Yam class.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Silence of the bams

We beat them they will be ****ing ****ting themselves for the cup game.

Rodgers probably expected to rock up to tynie and play nice football and come away with 3 points as usual. Lennon ain't that arrogant. We'll be up for every single battle. Interested to see how we line up

Bring it on

Dub
22-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Yam is far too cuddly a word to describe them. They're Gunts.

Tornadoes70
22-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Yam is far too cuddly a word to describe them. They're Gunts.

We've got to go soft and sometimes a wee bit cuddly on them as they lack intelligence and their body odour leaves a lot to be desired. They are definitely gunts nay pigs from the pen but we show a certain compassion by calling them simple Yams.

:greengrin

mjhibby
23-12-2017, 08:07 AM
As discussed previously, more than one yam pal gave up supporting the team and 'started going to the ice hockey instead' because Scottish football is a joke. :faf: they've changed their minds and are now going to the upcoming Derby games, surprisingly enough. Zico Cochrane and the rest of the youthalanche has given them new found enthusiasm, it's quite sweet in a way.

In fairness the ones I come across are saying they arent expecting anything bar a tough game. Like everbody else has said they have been silent since we beat them at er and now are talking loudly in corners about how good they now are. The 4 zip scoreline reminds us of the time Brighton beat Liverpool by the same time yonks ago. Liverpool still strolled the league and Brighton never replicated that. Potter has a tough decision who to pick because if he goes with the youngsters he knows we will outbattle them and if he goes with djoum he isn't up to it. Let's just get our result right today and worry about the Derby after that. BTW they are showing a big disrespect to the saintees by going on about the Derby. Their three points behind and have a game in hand.

theonlywayisup
23-12-2017, 08:15 AM
In fairness the ones I come across are saying they arent expecting anything bar a tough game. Like everbody else has said they have been silent since we beat them at er and now are talking loudly in corners about how good they now are. The 4 zip scoreline reminds us of the time Brighton beat Liverpool by the same time yonks ago. Liverpool still strolled the league and Brighton never replicated that. Potter has a tough decision who to pick because if he goes with the youngsters he knows we will outbattle them and if he goes with djoum he isn't up to it. Let's just get our result right today and worry about the Derby after that. BTW they are showing a big disrespect to the saintees by going on about the Derby. Their three points behind and have a game in hand.

And they've just beaten The Rangers at Ibrox. However, an Aberdeen fan at work said that the Saints were very poor in their recent game.

Maybe just shows that everyone is capable of mixing a good result with a bad result.

Jack Hackett
23-12-2017, 02:24 PM
The only thing that will get them a result is their tattie field of a pitch

Famous Fiver
23-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Is that their new superhero out of the match on Wednesday?

Shame.........

dmc1875
23-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Shame.........

Yes Levein confirmed that in his post
Match interview.

Says the lads distraught.

What a wee shame...

Pretty Boy
23-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Back to the usual 1 shot on target today. Levein obviously furious at their cavalier attitude last week.

It didn’t take long for their superiority complex to come back to the fore. Up to us to send them back into hiding on Wednesday.

monarch
23-12-2017, 06:46 PM
IN today's post match interview Brian McLaughlin (one of BBC Scotland's resident Yams) and Potter talked as much about the Derby than the match against the St J. He then very gracelessly admitted that Hearts didn't play very well in the last Derby but thought Hibs weren't any better. The man definitely has a problem.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2017, 06:49 PM
IN today's post match interview Brian McLaughlin (one of BBC Scotland's resident Yams) and Potter talked as much about the Derby than the match against the St J. He then very gracelessly admitted that Hearts didn't play very well in the last Derby but thought Hibs weren't any better. The man definitely has a problem.

He’s Craig Levein. Problems don’t get much bigger than that.

Hibs Class
23-12-2017, 06:49 PM

Shame.........

He was already ruled out as the match will finish past his bedtime!

weecounty hibby
23-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Heard the visionary that is Levien on the radio and he was getting his excuses in early. Was going on about how they are struggling with injuries, have been for weeks blah blah blah. Also said that at Easter Road earlier this season Hibs won but hearts were poor that night and Hibs weren't much better. He is the very epitome of a jambo. Arrogant, self important, talks crap, boring. The type of person you avoid like the plague in the boozer. How will they manage now without the new Gorgie Messi in the midfield?

Eyrie
23-12-2017, 08:11 PM

Shame.........

At least we won't have to worry about John McGinn's safety now.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2017, 08:12 PM
At least we won't have to worry about John McGinn's safety now.

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to that contest

Bostonhibby
23-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Yes Levein confirmed that in his post
Match interview.

Says the lads distraught.

What a wee shame...If you don't rush about trying to be a hard man / footballer you might not get sent off?

Problem is he's doing exactly what Potter expects and is engrained in their culture.

Bottom of the fair play leagues the target.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

gillythehibby
23-12-2017, 08:31 PM
They're ****tong themselvrs awright. Potter and Tom Petty currently building a wall on that tatty field in rediness for a battering. We'll f@k them.