PDA

View Full Version : Could you be a referee?

Hibrandenburg
21-12-2017, 07:58 PM
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/assistant-referee-offside-game-0gjxrnfg6?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid&utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe+Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspecified%3 A

5/5 4/5 4/5

Done on my phone and might have scored better with a larger screen.

Link doesn't work on my phone but it can be copy and pasted.

John_R_Corbett
21-12-2017, 08:03 PM
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/assistant-referee-offside-game-0gjxrnfg6?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid&utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe+Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspecified%3 A

5/5 4/5 4/5

Done on my phone and might have scored better with a larger screen.

Link doesn't work on my phone but it can be copy and pasted.5/5 on the 1st but I can't be bothered registering so won't be doing the rest.

Callum7
21-12-2017, 08:05 PM
5/5 5/5 2/5 Guess I’ll never make it internationally.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2017, 08:23 PM
No chance. They have to be one hundred percent right one hundred of the time.

WoreTheGreen
21-12-2017, 08:26 PM
No i hate the weggies

wookie70
21-12-2017, 08:32 PM
5/5 5/5 4/5. The one I got wrong I was timed out. Linos get much longer than that to think

Hibrandenburg
22-12-2017, 06:46 AM
5/5 5/5 4/5. The one I got wrong I was timed out. Linos get much longer than that to think

The longer your brain takes to process visual information, the more likely that information will become corrupted.

Tornadoes70
22-12-2017, 06:55 AM
Had a go at it and it demonstrates just how easy it is for a linesman to call the tight ones wrong. It also shows how keen a linesman's eye has to be and also highlights how 'bizarre' it was when the linesman against the huns stated he didn't think it was a penalty when the hun boy clearly played the ball with his arm when virtually everyone else could see it was who had a view of it. Sudden bout of hun blindness?

JimBHibees
22-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Had a go at it and it demonstrates just how easy it is for a linesman to call the tight ones wrong. It also shows how keen a linesman's eye has to be and also highlights how 'bizarre' it was when the linesman against the huns stated he didn't think it was a penalty when the hun boy clearly played the ball with his arm when virtually everyone else could see it was who had a view of it. Sudden bout of hun blindness?

absolutely huge point that would have been as was a 3 point swing

where'stheslope
22-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Its all to easy when watching on a screen, in live action the ball being played can be 50+ yards away and in the movement of the head a player can look yards offside as defender moves out and attacker in.
I've seen these type of scenarios before and you mostly guess, and if you take time to think the fans would be on your back, and the pressure mounts.
I say stick to supporting and leave refereeing to someone else!!!

wookie70
22-12-2017, 12:27 PM
A linos job is far more difficult. They have to be in the correct position, deal with all sorts of visual distractions, concentrate on all offences not just offside and also then process that information through the Ugly sisters filter to include league positions and current game situation. The mock up is fairly easy but the real job is I suspect very different and far more difficult with more players and also huge pressure and scrutiny. The officiating in this country is very poor but to me it is the Look at me Refs and not the Linos that are the biggest issue.

Geo_1875
22-12-2017, 01:04 PM
A linos job is far more difficult. They have to be in the correct position, deal with all sorts of visual distractions, concentrate on all offences not just offside and also then process that information through the Ugly sisters filter to include league positions and current game situation. The mock up is fairly easy but the real job is I suspect very different and far more difficult with more players and also huge pressure and scrutiny. The officiating in this country is very poor but to me it is the Look at me Refs and not the Linos that are the biggest issue.

Not in Scotland. Here they are just there to agree with the referee and give offside decisions in favour of Celtc and The Rangers.

John_R_Corbett
22-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Not in Scotland. Here they are just there to agree with the referee and give offside decisions in favour of Celtc and The Rangers.or not give penalties for deliberate handballs that they saw.

Famous Fiver
22-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Got loads of refs round about me every Saturday.

Don't know whether they have sat the exams, but most of them seem to be convinced they are right 100% of the time. :greengrin

Thecat23
22-12-2017, 04:57 PM
As I’m not a crook or don’t care for cheating I’ll pass. 😁