PDA

View Full Version : Best car wash in Edinburgh (value for money :-)

Jack
21-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Aye the best one would probably be one of those top rated detailing/valet jobs in the £100s if not £1,000s (so I qualified it :-).

So what's the best drive through or hand job where the boys get all wet and soapy?

Dan Sarf
21-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Aye the best one would probably be one of those top rated detailing/valet jobs in the £100s if not £1,000s (so I qualified it :-).

So what's the best drive through or hand job where the boys get all wet and soapy?

:faf:

Hermit Crab
21-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Is this serious thread? :tee hee:

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Is this serious thread? :tee hee:

Its a ATHAG thread i think :faf:

Jack
21-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Oh course it's a serious thread!

My motor is dirty enough to grow tatties and doing by hand isn't going to happen in this weather.

Stick
21-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Perhaps it would be safer if your wife done it for you.
I would have replied earlier but only just managed to pick myself up from the floor from laughing.

Cabbage East
22-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I've used the one on Ferry Road (near the Morrisons) and the one on the Glasgow Road and both did a good job. A mate swears by the hand wash one at Chesser.

Smartie
22-12-2017, 04:37 PM
I've not owned a car for 7 years, but I used to take my last car over to the one on the ground floor of the car park at Ocean Terminal. A wee Polish guy called Jarek did a cracking full valet service at a very decent price.

I can't comment on the availability of "happy endings" or any such additional services as I was happy just having my car cleaned.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Does anyone have theirs blown dry?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
22-12-2017, 05:27 PM
I've used the one on Ferry Road (near the Morrisons) and the one on the Glasgow Road and both did a good job. A mate swears by the hand wash one at Chesser.

Had mine done for the first time by them a few weeks ago when passing by there and they did an excellent job.

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2017, 06:45 PM
I used to use Glasgow Road until I tried the one in Edinburgh business centre car park down towards Seafield. Cheaper and a far better job done so now a regular.

hibee_girl
22-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Bubbles in Seafield :agree:

Jack
22-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Before all the car wash suggestions came up (thanks :-) I went to the one opposite the Shell garage at Seafield.

A wee spray down, power wash then though a automatic wash ... and yes Crops I was blow dried to finish off! £5.

I'm pleased with the finish.

Thanks for the other replies too!

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Before all the car wash suggestions came up (thanks :-) I went to the one opposite the Shell garage at Seafield.

A wee spray down, power wash then though a automatic wash ... and yes Crops I was blow dried to finish off! £5.

Thanks for the other replies too!What a happy ending to the thread.

hibsbollah
22-12-2017, 09:47 PM
What a happy ending to the thread.

That's what you think.

He hasn't detailed the 'ins and outs' of his 'wax down' yet.

Mr White
22-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the other replies too!

Hopefully they managed to clean all that WD40 out of your keyhole.

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2017, 10:00 PM
That's what you think.

He hasn't detailed the 'ins and outs' of his 'wax down' yet.

It was....wax on......wax off

Stick
22-12-2017, 11:28 PM
So what's the best drive through or hand job where the boys get all wet and soapy?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't such a happy ending as he didn't get anything from his wish list.

On second thoughts he didn't end up in jail, so a happy ending after all.

Future17
23-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Has anyone been to the new one on Portobello Road on the site of the old Waverley Cars lot?

blaikie
23-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Find a decent local detailer, I use a guy through here who uses nothing but Angelwax products and it’s £10 a pop!

Local scratch and shines that use dirty sponges and cheap watered down traffic film remover give me the fear!

derekduval
24-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Bubbles in Seafield :agree:

Always heaving and full of taxis a sign it’s good and value for money.

Personally I think it’s always best to do yourself it’s about the only maintenance I can do these days and let’s you spot a lot of things to take to the garage.

On the subject of petrol the new Costco is cheap and seems ok fuel. I used to fill up at Asda/ Sainsburys but after keeping a tab on mileage I found you didn’t get as many miles out a full tank as you did at shell.

Also while I’m here I used the shell loyalty card for a year about 15 years ago spent £2000 in a year and all I got was a £10 gift voucher.

Finally does anyone use the premium fuel I do sometimes but don’t really see any benefit. Remember redex?

lord bunberry
24-12-2017, 10:45 PM
The car wash at the wisp is excellent. For £10 they wash, wax, dry, wipe down your sills and do your tyres. You get an air freshener as well.
For efficiency bubbles in seafield is the best, they have by far the best system for washing cars.