PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Unseen work
21-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Thought I would start a thread regarding the January transfer window as some rumours are starting to fly around.

Been linked to the following players

Niall McGinn
Scott Bain
James Hansen

Has anyone else heard any rumours?

Personally I’d love to see us bring in Stevie Mallan, exactly the sort of player we are missing and he has barely kicked a ball since joining barnsley.

Thecat23
21-12-2017, 08:02 AM
I posted on Sat on the PM board that i got a text from someone no connection to hibs but been right about things before that Hibs will try get Leigh Griffiths on loan.

I must stress though I personally can’t see this happening and think he’ll see out the season at Celtic. Says Leigh wants to play every week and would happily come on loan. Maybe someone on here who knows him could find out if this is true!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-12-2017, 08:12 AM
I posted on Sat on the PM board that i got a text from someone no connection to hibs but been right about things before that Hibs will try get Leigh Griffiths on loan.

I must stress though I personally can’t see this happening and think he’ll see out the season at Celtic. Says Leigh wants to play every week and would happily come on loan. Maybe someone on here who knows him could find out if this is true!

Aw no.... dont do this. Its the hope that kills us!

Jim44
21-12-2017, 08:13 AM

How good would that be? However, with Celtic still involved in Europe, I think Rodgers will want his full set of strikers available.

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 08:14 AM

:hyper

Thecat23
21-12-2017, 08:20 AM
How good would that be? However, with Celtic still involved in Europe, I think Rodgers will want his full set of strikers available.

That’s what I think as well. Unless he goes and gets another striker I think he’ll want Leigh there and not out on loan.

SiinDubai
21-12-2017, 09:02 AM
cant see it however I would love it !!!

Haymaker
21-12-2017, 09:18 AM

I agree.

Smartie
21-12-2017, 09:34 AM
I don't know if I can take this.

We're used to disappointment as Hibs fans, but transfer windows where we are linked with Leigh Griffiths yet don't end up signing him are devastating.

Waxy
21-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Griffiths Stokes Boyle Barker Mcginn. Where’s them hankies.

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Griffiths Stokes Boyle Barker Mcginn. Where’s them hankies.

Leigh at Tynie for the cup game.

Lee Marvin
21-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Griffiths is not coming back this window. Let's not be silly now!!

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Wasn't it some boy from Hibs.net that sat in beans when Riordan came back? Hmmm, Super Leigh eh? Fetch the tub.

we are hibs
21-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Can see at least two coming in and possibly 3. Think there's a few positions we need to strengthen but it's hard singing quality in January as we've proven over the years with some shockers

eastmainsmsh
21-12-2017, 10:09 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Doidge

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Ah the twice yearly Griffiths rumour

easty
21-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Where's his name being mentioned? He's in great form - 12 in his last 12 games, but League 2 is way below Scottish Prem.

Since90+2
21-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Celtic are chasing another treble, are only currently 5 points ahead of Aberdeen and are still in Europe. I would be utterly amazed if Rodgers loaned out a striker like Griffiths who is practically guaranteed to score you goals in the SPFL.

jacomo
21-12-2017, 10:23 AM

:agree:

Betty Boop
21-12-2017, 10:25 AM

Heard he's going to Brighton.

Souter96Mac
21-12-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm sure we could try and get him, very unlikely though. He does seems to be 3rd choice behind the lad from PSG. Not holding my breath though

Thecat23
21-12-2017, 10:35 AM

Really? Be a good move for him if that’s true. I think he’s do well down south now he’s a bit older!

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Really? Be a good move for him if that’s true. I think he’s do well down south now he’s a bit older!
About as far away as you can get from Leith to play top level football!

Michael
21-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Stevie Mallan hasn't featured for Barnsley yet. May be available on loan.

Thecat23
21-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Stevie Mallan hasn't featured for Barnsley yet. May be available on loan.

Take him in a heartbeat.

ancient hibee
21-12-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't know if I can take this.

We're used to disappointment as Hibs fans, but transfer windows where we are linked with Leigh Griffiths yet don't end up signing him are devastating.

No they’re normal.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2017, 11:11 AM
It would take a miracle to get Sparky back any time soon. We can't afford him, and he's a level above Hibs. I reckon/hope we'll see him back to end his career with us in the distant future.

Mainstandman
21-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Where's his name being mentioned? He's in great form - 12 in his last 12 games, but League 2 is way below Scottish Prem.
Louis moult came from non league

DH1875
21-12-2017, 11:34 AM
It would take a miracle to get Sparky back any time soon. We can't afford him, and he's a level above Hibs. I reckon/hope we'll see him back to end his career with us in the distant future.

Leigh must be worth at least £10-£15 million. Can't believe anyone thinks that celtic would just give us him for nothing and pay his wages on top of that.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2017, 11:43 AM

Hermit Crab
21-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Leigh must be worth at least £10-£15 million. Can't believe anyone thinks that celtic would just give us him for nothing and pay his wages on top of that.

No chance!

JIm
21-12-2017, 11:50 AM
No chance!

How not? Proven at international level, European experience, scores goals for fun. Were Newcastle not linked with him earlier in year for similar price?

And if Dembele is getting quoted at 20-40 million then easy 10-15 mill for Sparky.

Whether they are worth that is another story altogether but if teams from down south come calling that's the least Smeltic should be holding out for.

easty
21-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Leigh must be worth at least £10-£15 million.

This is real life, not Football Manager 2018 :faf:

Since90+2
21-12-2017, 11:53 AM
I don't think its too unreasonable to suggest Celtic could get around 10 million for Griffiths. The money going around down south is crazy.

Michael
21-12-2017, 11:58 AM
If Fletcher was worth £12m then Sparky is surely worth a few quid.

Stuart93
21-12-2017, 11:58 AM
How not? Proven at international level, European experience, scores goals for fun. Were Newcastle not linked with him earlier in year for similar price?

And if Dembele is getting quoted at 20-40 million then easy 10-15 mill for Sparky.

Whether they are worth that is another story altogether but if teams from down south come calling that's the least Smeltic should be holding out for.

Griffiths is Scottish though and dembele is French. I think griffiths is the better striker but no-ones ever going to pay that for a Scottish player

Michael
21-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Griffiths is Scottish though and dembele is French. I think griffiths is the better striker but no-ones ever going to pay that for a Scottish player

Eh? English teams always sign French players on the cheap. Only English players have the added premium.

easty
21-12-2017, 12:16 PM

Celtc can say Dembele is worth £20m, £40m or £100m...naebody is paying that for him.

JIm
21-12-2017, 12:17 PM

A players worth whatever a club is willing to pay. I have no doubt that come January there will be teams desperate for a goal scorer like Griffiths. If he was to become available teams from England would have to pay a premium.

One things for sure he won't be coming back here on loan :(

DH1875
21-12-2017, 12:17 PM
This is real life, not Football Manager 2018 :faf:

Laugh all you want but if Dembele is valued at £30million by them then Leigh is a bargain at £10million.

we are hibs
21-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Liam Henderson pre contract :pray:

JIm
21-12-2017, 12:20 PM
One of my mates saying today (his source a celtic fan at work) rumours of 3.5mill and Liam Henderson deal for John McGinn.

Ill believe it when I see it, but i'd be happy with that.

Jim44
21-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Folk are guessing what Griffiths earns but it will be a tidy sum. In the unlikely event of Celtic trying to get him out on loan, it will be (as long as he agrees) to a team which can contribute most to his wages. That won’t be us.

JIm
21-12-2017, 12:22 PM

I think any pre-contract arrangement leaves Hibs open to paying the development fee set by a tribunal. This could be more than we can afford so I doubt it will happen without some form of agreement with Celtic.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 12:24 PM
I think any pre-contract arrangement leaves Hibs open to paying the development fee set by a tribunal. This could be more than we can afford so I doubt it will happen without some form of agreement with Celtic.

Celtic have to offer him a new deal for a development fee. That hasn't happened.

Northernhibee
21-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Celtic have to offer him a new deal for a development fee. That hasn't happened.

If they do offer him a new deal then it shows the flaw with the system. Letting the young lads career rot for a few quid.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 12:32 PM
If they do offer him a new deal then it shows the flaw with the system. Letting the young lads career rot for a few quid.

That would depend how much he's on and if he's that desperate to leave Celtic I suppose. If he's on more than he wouldn't get offered elsewhere he may just take the deal which he will be entitled to.

JIm
21-12-2017, 12:39 PM
That would depend how much he's on and if he's that desperate to leave Celtic I suppose. If he's on more than he wouldn't get offered elsewhere he may just take the deal which he will be entitled to.

So providing Celtic offer another contract, whether he wants to sign or not, this would mean that Hibs (or another Scottish club for that matter) would be liable to the development compensation fee? If Celtic do not offer anything he is free to move on at no cost to the club signing him? That's a pretty mental ruling.

Based on the hardball that Celtic have played so far with Liam and trying to command a considerable fee i'd be amazed to see them let him go (unless conversation has taken place and this been agreed already?)

Interesting stuff.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 12:50 PM
So providing Celtic offer another contract, whether he wants to sign or not, this would mean that Hibs (or another Scottish club for that matter) would be liable to the development compensation fee? If Celtic do not offer anything he is free to move on at no cost to the club signing him? That's a pretty mental ruling.

Based on the hardball that Celtic have played so far with Liam and trying to command a considerable fee i'd be amazed to see them let him go (unless conversation has taken place and this been agreed already?)

Interesting stuff.

They have to offer him a deal not any lower than he's on if he refuses then development fee comes into place. The irony it's actually to assist smaller clubs getting zip after freedom of contract.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Cummings loan deal

JIm
21-12-2017, 01:02 PM
They have to offer him a deal not any lower than he's on if he refuses then development fee comes into place. The irony it's actually to assist smaller clubs getting zip after freedom of contract.

Every days a school day. Just been on reading rules. To be fair it makes sense when it comes to protecting smaller clubs but when you hear it from the opposite perspective its hard to get your head around initially.

Ozyhibby
21-12-2017, 01:08 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-keen-on-loan-move-for-australian-international-forward-1-4644756

Wasn’t this the guy we were rumoured to be looking at last season before he went to Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIm
21-12-2017, 01:12 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-keen-on-loan-move-for-australian-international-forward-1-4644756

Wasn’t this the guy we were rumoured to be looking at last season before he went to Germany?

Pretty sure it was.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Every days a school day. Just been on reading rules. To be fair it makes sense when it comes to protecting smaller clubs but when you hear it from the opposite perspective its hard to get your head around initially.

I totally agree.

scoopyboy
21-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Celtc can say Dembele is worth £20m, £40m or £100m...naebody is paying that for him.

Correct, Celtic will be lucky to get £15 million.

He is now classed as injury prone which will threaten the price even more.

jdships
21-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Can see at least two coming in and possibly 3. Think there's a few positions we need to strengthen but it's hard singing quality in January as we've proven over the years with some shockers

10/10

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Cummings loan deal

Isn't he getting a game at Forest? I thought he was doing okay.....

Arch Stanton
21-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Folk are guessing what Griffiths earns but it will be a tidy sum. In the unlikely event of Celtic trying to get him out on loan, it will be (as long as he agrees) to a team which can contribute most to his wages. That won’t be us.

Or to a team who could take points of their league rivals perhaps. That would be us.

Hearts, rangers and Hibs battling it out for points would surely be a benefit to them. Just a thought.

Michael
21-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Isn't he getting a game at Forest? I thought he was doing okay.....

Hardly playing. One appearance since start of November.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Hardly playing. One appearance since start of November.

Some of that time was injury but he's not getting much of a look in just now.

Lago
21-12-2017, 01:51 PM

You've just started the equivalent of the perennial, Deek's comming back thread.:greengrin

Winston Ingram
21-12-2017, 01:54 PM

I would see this as fair. He's consistently scored goals at every level he's played and he's improved dramatically since he left here.

£10m-£15m is the minimum any club in the Premier League would need to pay for a striker and he's good enough to play there.

Winston Ingram
21-12-2017, 01:56 PM

They'll offer him one a couple of days before the end of the season no doubt.

Blaster
21-12-2017, 02:09 PM

They run the risk of having to pay him for another 2 years or so on the same terms. To sit on the sidelines again if no one comes in to buy him

Unseen work
21-12-2017, 02:17 PM

This is the sort of signing that excites me.

Relatively unknown and seems absolutely clinical going by his goals record and still only 25 years old.

Sure you’ve been right in the past with rumours and I can’t see you plucking this one out of thin air.

Cheers

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 02:17 PM

How does that work in terms of a pca with another team? I think they will need to offer him something this month or lose out.

Winston Ingram
21-12-2017, 02:18 PM
They run the risk of having to pay him for another 2 years or so on the same terms. To sit on the sidelines again if no one comes in to buy him

It's exactly what they did with Dylan. He's not on big money there so likely a gamble worth taking for them.

Winston Ingram
21-12-2017, 02:20 PM
How does that work in terms of a pca with another team? I think they will need to offer him something this month or lose out.

They just need to offer him the same money he's on to get a fee. He doesn't have to sign it. I don't think it needs to be this month either.

We offered Wotherspoon less than what he was on so we didn't get anything off St Johnstone.

Haymaker
21-12-2017, 02:20 PM

brog
21-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Very much doubt it. More likely to be Dembele. Im there on Saturday, I'll try to find out more.

brog
21-12-2017, 02:29 PM
If Fletcher was worth £12m then Sparky is surely worth a few quid.

We sold Fletch for £3m. His value jumped after proving he could cut it in top league despite 2 relegations. I'd be astonished if LG went for more than £5m. Mind you a year or so back my Palace contact & I burst out laughing when he told me Palace wanted £25m for Bolassie & £10m for Gayle. They got both. I would never say never to anything in the crazy EPL market.

Thecat23
21-12-2017, 02:37 PM
You've just started the equivalent of the perennial, Deek's comming back thread.:greengrin

Haha I have stressed I don’t believe this will happen though. But thought as this guys been right before no harm in passing it on.

Now could Derek still do a job 👀

1875STEVE
21-12-2017, 02:57 PM

He has been linked with us before.

Lago
21-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Haha I have stressed I don’t believe this will happen though. But thought as this guys been right before no harm in passing it on.

Now could Derek still do a job 👀

Don't just don't.

J-C
21-12-2017, 03:26 PM

I've said before, Celtic will not let Liam leave for nothing, as long as they offer the same deal he's on we'll pay compensation which will be around £200-250K., they've invested around 10 years in him.

ShadesLongThrow
21-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Rodgers won’t see us as competition for the league but would be very happy for us to take points off Sevco and Aberdeen. Leigh would go a long way to guaranteeing that. They’ve also got loads of cash to bring in someone better so may be happy to have him out the door but in the shop window if that’s not mixing metaphors!

J-C
21-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Biggest thing about Leigh is he absolutely hates being separated from his kids and Brighton is a hell of z long way away, I'd imagine Dembele would be of interest to Brighton.

Celtic will want to recoup some of Liam's development, I'd have thought a fee of around £50-75K with a percentage of any sale will keep Celtic happy, similar to McGinn's deal.

League 2 in England is like or Championship, this guy Doidge is playing at a similar level to Moult at St Mirren and everyone on here was happy if we could've signed him, Eoin Doyle came from lower league, he didn't flourish here due to the management at the time but has went on to have a very decent career down south, now at Oldham with 11 goals in 12 games.

brog
21-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Biggest thing about Leigh is he absolutely hates being separated from his kids and Brighton is a hell of z long way away, I'd imagine Dembele would be of interest to Brighton.

Celtic will want to recoup some of Liam's development, I'd have thought a fee of around £50-75K with a percentage of any sale will keep Celtic happy, similar to McGinn's deal.

League 2 in England is like or Championship, this guy Doidge is playing at a similar level to Moult at St Mirren and everyone on here was happy if we could've signed him, Eoin Doyle came from lower league, he didn't flourish here due to the management at the time but has went on to have a very decent career down south, now at Oldham with 11 goals in 12 games.

I quite liked Doyle but we signed him from Ireland. He left for Chesterfield where he did well but the Championship in England seems to be a step too far for him as he bombed at Cardiff & is now on loan from Preston. Your point remains valid though, there's plenty lower league English guys who've done well in Scotland.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Rodgers won’t see us as competition for the league but would be very happy for us to take points off Sevco and Aberdeen. Leigh would go a long way to guaranteeing that. They’ve also got loads of cash to bring in someone better so may be happy to have him out the door but in the shop window if that’s not mixing metaphors!

Nae chance, mate. Let it go :greengrin

J-C
21-12-2017, 04:36 PM
I quite liked Doyle but we signed him from Ireland. He left for Chesterfield where he did well but the Championship in England seems to be a step too far for him as he bombed at Cardiff & is now on loan from Preston. Your point remains valid though, there's plenty lower league English guys who've done well in Scotland.

I meant Morgan at St Mirren who everyone said would be a good signing but I also meant Moult also, Northampton, Nuneaton and Wrexham before finally showing his capability at Motherwell.

Iggy Pope
21-12-2017, 04:47 PM
I meant Morgan at St Mirren who everyone said would be a good signing but I also meant Moult also, Northampton, Nuneaton and Wrexham before finally showing his capability at Motherwell.

Wrexham are making money out of his move to PNE so it's not all one way.

Haymaker
21-12-2017, 05:03 PM

IGRIGI
21-12-2017, 05:10 PM
What? A forward line of Stokes Deeks Griffiths supported by Liam Henderson in midfield?

Pleasing :greengrin

SteveHFC
21-12-2017, 05:11 PM
What? A forward line of Stokes Deeks Griffiths supported by Liam Henderson in midfield?

Pleasing :greengrin
https://m.popkey.co/20a675/1xyjD.gif

Ronniekirk
21-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Celtic have signed Lewis Morganfor £300,000 and are allowing him to stay with St Mirren for the rest of the Season
Presume thier will also be a clause that nets St Mirren more money when he is Sold on
The Buddies have a decent Youth set up

Haymaker
21-12-2017, 06:24 PM
https://m.popkey.co/20a675/1xyjD.gif

Gif thread!

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 06:30 PM

I wholeheartedly concur.

cubehindthegoal
21-12-2017, 08:07 PM
I recently wrote to Santa requesting some pressies ... he wrote back that I’m getting nowt personally, but he’ll make it a good new year ...

... in January, Hibs will sign :

Bain undisclosed fee
Mallard loan
Brown undisclosed fee
McGinn free
Henderson loan
Morgan loan from Celtic via St Mirren
Griffiths loan
Cummings loan
Moult loan

... and we will keep all players that are not duff, and sell for a fair bit those that are, even marginally duff, coz we are the Hibees. And if any other players come to light on the net boards, we will sign them too, no questions asked.

I’m in the ‘KNOW’ club by the way ...

... the ’Know Nothing Of Worth’ club.

Think this is my first post ..
...so, as first posts go ... do I qualify to be vilified ? 😈

And can I be the last to say, Merry Christmas 🎅🏻

Ps think this is bad, wait until I post after a beer 😉 (no, I haven’t)

Glory glory ....

The Sundance Kid
21-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Sun reporting that Liam Henderson could be off to Italian Serie B with Bari. Doesn't say whether it's on loan or permanent. Sorry I can't post a link

Winston Ingram
21-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Sun reporting that Liam Henderson could be off to Italian Serie B with Bari. Doesn't say whether it's on loan or permanent. Sorry I can't post a link

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2002527/celtic-liam-henderson-lined-up-for-january-move-bari/

Firestarter

Not related but Fabio Grosso is their manager. What a goal in an amazing World Cup semi final match.

A lovely part of the world down Brindisi.

bingo70

Would be a good move for him. Good luck to the guy.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 08:18 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2002527/celtic-liam-henderson-lined-up-for-january-move-bari/

That will be that on a permanent then if he's away on trial.

Zazu62
21-12-2017, 08:23 PM
We should really try and sign Liam Henderson.

Springbank
21-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Waiting for the evening news headline already:
Hendo hopes for Hibs move, life was shan in Bari

ballengeich
21-12-2017, 08:44 PM
I recently wrote to Santa requesting some pressies ... he wrote back that I’m getting nowt personally, but he’ll make it a good new year ...

... in January, Hibs will sign :

Mallard loan

Think this is my first post ..
...so, as first posts go ... do I qualify to be vilified ? 😈

Aye. You should duck.

Smartie
21-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Waiting for the evening news headline already:
Hendo hopes for Hibs move, life was shan in Bari

Hendo giving an interview saying he is enjoying his time in Italy but still looks back on his time at Easter Road that was a wee bit better....

"Bari's barry but Hibs were barryer"

chinaman
21-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Not related but Fabio Grosso is their manager. What a goal in an amazing World Cup semi final match.

A lovely part of the world down Brindisi.

Grosso scored in the final too I'm sure

cubehindthegoal
21-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Aye. You should duck.

😁 I should really avoid a Xmas quacker type reply ... 🦆

Johnny_Leith
21-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Grosso scored in the final too I'm sure

He didn't, it was Materazzi.

The Sundance Kid
21-12-2017, 11:37 PM
He didn't, it was Materazzi.

Grosso scored the winning penalty in the shoot out

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Grosso scored the winning penalty in the shoot out

Heisenberg
22-12-2017, 01:19 PM

mentalhibee
22-12-2017, 01:37 PM

He’s posted a picture of himself at Edinburgh castle on instagram. Hopefully signing for us!

Heisenberg
22-12-2017, 02:14 PM
He’s posted a picture of himself at Edinburgh castle on instagram. Hopefully signing for us!

Never realised his dad played for Hearts in the 80s. They’ll use that angle to their advantage.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Never realised his dad played for Hearts in the 80s. They’ll use that angle to their advantage.

He also support Hearts.

Probably a case if an agent touting up interest coming up for World Cup year. Looks decent mind you.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2017, 02:45 PM

What Maclaren was that?

Heisenberg
22-12-2017, 03:07 PM
What Maclaren was that?

Think I read it was Don? Article in the Sun from earlier today was where I saw it.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Think I read it was Don? Article in the Sun from earlier today was where I saw it.

Thanks
Don’t remember that name

HoboHarry
22-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Thanks
Don’t remember that name
Think he only played for Hearts youth team......

http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/news/y=2017/m=6/news=single-minded-maclaren-living-the-dream-2895079.html

Thecat23
22-12-2017, 03:30 PM
To be fair he looks alright looking at his stats. I’d take him!

ballengeich
22-12-2017, 03:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42458706

That's bad luck for Ross Laidlaw, but it means we'll be getting a new keeper to give Marciano some competition.

Haymaker
22-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Aldo
22-12-2017, 04:31 PM

No in a fight you wouldn’t!! [emoji85]

Paisley Hibby
22-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Aw man. I admire your optimism and I think you're right, Sparky will end up back at Easter Road one day - just not for many years!! Remember those two goals against England and think - what will that have done to his transfer value? If he leaves Celtic, even just on loan, Celtic will want full value - and why shouldn't they?

bingo70
22-12-2017, 05:46 PM
I don’t think hibs are after that forward linked with Hearts. I think when they’re close to signing someone they leak a story saying hibs interested too so it looks like they’ve beaten us to his signature as they’re such a big massive huge club (with a smaller stadium and attendances than us)

Thecat23
22-12-2017, 05:49 PM
No in a fight you wouldn’t!! [emoji85]

don’t you start 😁

But you’re correct!!!

hibs#1
22-12-2017, 05:51 PM
I don’t think hibs are after that forward linked with Hearts. I think when they’re close to signing someone they leak a story saying hibs interested too so it looks like they’ve beaten us to his signature as they’re such a big massive huge club (with a smaller stadium and attendances than us)

I agree.has happened for years.

mentalhibee
22-12-2017, 05:52 PM

We were linked with him in the summer. Hopefully it’s us that are after him and not the ****bos.

Thecat23
22-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Hibs defo interested or we were. He was offered around and both us and Hearts took an interest. No idea if it’s wemt any further.

IlDiavola
22-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Any more news on wee Jase?

The_Horde
23-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Can't see us being interested In Maclaren. We're needing a big striker sure he's average height.

Haymaker
23-12-2017, 01:06 AM

heretoday
23-12-2017, 01:18 AM
Everton lining up a huge deal for Aguero. He's pissed off with Man City but wants to stay in the Premier League.

jgl07
23-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Everton lining up a huge deal for Aguero. He's pissed off with Man City but wants to stay in the Premier League.

S******!

Aye and Hearts are lining up a bid for Harry Kane.

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2017, 03:18 AM
Can't see us being interested In Maclaren. We're needing a big striker sure he's average height.

We need a striker that scores consistently first, 5 ft nothing or 8 feet high doesnt matter.

Forza Fred
23-12-2017, 03:42 AM

I'm not so sure.

If you look at his videos most goals are either penalties or when he has two yards clear of any defender..which says more about defending in the A League than it does about McLaren.

I'm not sure he would get the time and space in the SPL that he did in the A League.

theonlywayisup
23-12-2017, 07:53 AM

:hmmm:

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Griffiths is not coming back this window. Let's not be silly now!!Agreed utter nonsense...it's the hope that kills us mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
23-12-2017, 03:06 PM
We should go for Stephen Dobbie,on the scoresheet again for QOS.

Haymaker
23-12-2017, 03:08 PM
:hmmm:

keep the faith
23-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Agree. Would be a really useful addition to the squad for the 2nd half of the season.

pacorosssco
23-12-2017, 10:52 PM

whod have thought hed still be playing and have had a better carear than goc and deeks who are now out game when they all played together

Haymaker
23-12-2017, 10:58 PM

RIP
23-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Wasn't it some boy from Hibs.net that sat in beans when Riordan came back? Hmmm, Super Leigh eh? Fetch the tub.

Married noo! Wife wouldnae let him do it I wouldn't suspect.

The_Horde
24-12-2017, 01:39 AM
Married noo! Wife wouldnae let him do it I wouldn't suspect.

Plus side, wouldn't need as many beans this time..

Billy McKirdy
24-12-2017, 01:48 AM
My mates just posted on his page that Jamie Walker is coming for £400k 😂 he’s (my mate) is obviously on the lash tonight 😂

Haymaker
24-12-2017, 02:53 AM

Tornadoes70
24-12-2017, 03:00 AM
My mates just posted on his page that Jamie Walker is coming for £400k 😂 he’s (my mate) is obviously on the lash tonight 😂

He's one of the very few of them who has any genuine skill. The fee sounds a bit ott though. Half that would be enough to take him possibly?

GGTTH

eastcoasthibby
24-12-2017, 08:00 AM

Can't see it, but have to say he has something a bit different in his game that we are missing...that I hoped we were.going.to get from Swanson ..the ability to link.the game.up, finds pockets to play in, takes players on and gets a few.goals ...the other bit would be.love.to see him dump them.for us ..lol ..would be a shock signing though !

Betty Boop
24-12-2017, 08:06 AM
Can't see it, but have to say he has something a bit different in his game that we are missing...that I hoped we were.going.to get from Swanson ..the ability to link.the game.up, finds pockets to play in, takes players on and gets a few.goals ...the other bit would be.love.to see him dump them.for us ..lol ..would be a shock signing though !
There's no chance we're paying 400,000 for a player any time soon.

Ronniekirk
24-12-2017, 09:06 AM

Don't understand why Swanson isn't getting some game time off the bench He is now fit and just needs time to build up match fitness
Played 60 minutes for development team mid week So Fifteen minutes on Saturday to whet his appetite would of seemed next logical step Doubt he would be put straight into the Derby game having not played for so long

lumbo_hfc
24-12-2017, 09:40 AM

We wouldn't pay 400k for a player with 6 years left on his contract, nevermind 6 months...

Greenworld
24-12-2017, 09:43 AM
There's no chance we're paying 400,000 for a player any time soon.Might be if a certain midfielder leaves us

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
24-12-2017, 10:52 AM
As if by magic...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2010203/john-mcginn-hibs-west-ham/

Callum_62
24-12-2017, 11:11 AM
As if by magic...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2010203/john-mcginn-hibs-west-ham/

Lets face it, if thats true - McGinn would be mad to turn it down

We could see a more than decent fee coming from a EPL club too

Just Jimmy
24-12-2017, 11:14 AM
30mill for Nzonzi.

we'll have 15m then please Dave.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
24-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Good thing about a premier league club coming in for him is that we could raise the price a good bit cause they'll pay it if they really want him. Would be a great move for him but I'd still prefer it to happen at the end of the season

lucky
24-12-2017, 11:51 AM
If WHU offer £4m then he’s off. But I’m not sure he’s good enough for the EPL at this stage but he’d be nuts not to go there.

eastmainsmsh
24-12-2017, 12:18 PM
could buy mallan as a replacement if jm goes hope he stays tho another year great player

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2017, 12:22 PM
30mill for Nzonzi.

we'll have 15m then please Dave.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkNzonzi is a great player tbh, been exceptional for Sevilla.

Stuart93
24-12-2017, 12:32 PM
I'd 110% take 4m for mcginn

Just Jimmy
24-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Nzonzi is a great player tbh, been exceptional for Sevilla.

Not 30mill great. I watch the premier league live regularly and it's littered with bang average players who they over paid for.

mcginn would be a snip at 4mill and would quickly fit in at that level.

My_Wife_Camille
24-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Plus side, wouldn't need as many beans this time..
**** looks like he’s eaten a bathtub full of beans these days

MixuMac
24-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Are we due St Mirren a cut of any SJM transfer?

Lago
24-12-2017, 03:07 PM

Yes

southern hibby
24-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Not believing it had Celtic fans telling me he’s going there for 2 Million, then loaned back to us till end of the season and we’re getting Liam thrown in too as a good Will gesture from them to us.

Not sure where he’ll end up but hope Hibs get top dollar.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
25-12-2017, 12:03 AM

And a sizeable one at that

HappyAsHellas
25-12-2017, 12:08 AM

But not according to Mr Petrie.

HoboHarry
25-12-2017, 12:29 AM

Only according to some. Rod Petrie stated otherwise.

Ronniekirk
25-12-2017, 12:42 AM

Well the good folk of Paisley expect ,so if they have been misled they aint going to be Happy Not sure how to break the News to them

HoboHarry
25-12-2017, 12:53 AM
Well the good folk of Paisley expect ,so if they have been misled they aint going to be Happy Not sure how to break the News to them
****** em...... 😀

The_Horde
25-12-2017, 01:06 AM
**** looks like he’s eaten a bathtub full of beans these days

Smells like it too.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2017, 01:32 AM
Not 30mill great. I watch the premier league live regularly and it's littered with bang average players who they over paid for.

mcginn would be a snip at 4mill and would quickly fit in at that level.

Nzonzi is easily worth that, very good midfield player with 5 years ahead of him.

No idea why people still think other transfers have anything to do with or effect the price of McGinn. McGinn is worth what someone will pay for him, nothing to do with the price of a Sevilla player.

McGinn would not easily cut it at the level either, he has been struggling at times in the SPL this season.

HoboHarry
25-12-2017, 03:52 AM
Nzonzi is easily worth that, very good midfield player with 5 years ahead of him.

No idea why people still think other transfers have anything to do with or effect the price of McGinn. McGinn is worth what someone will pay for him, nothing to do with the price of a Sevilla player.

McGinn would not easily cut it at the level either, he has been struggling at times in the SPL this season.
And been MOM of two internationals he has started. What's your point?

Just Jimmy
25-12-2017, 08:22 AM

McGinn would not easily cut it at the level either, he has been struggling at times in the SPL this season.No idea why folk think the premier league is some mystical promised land of football either.

it's full of guys who are 6 ft 6 atheletes and clogger journeymen types. You get a player or two every so often, but in reality from the top 6ish down, the league is full of absolute mediocrity.

As others have said McGinn has looked completely at home for Scotland. He'll fit into that league and carve a solid career.

I don't get why people are so quick to put down young Scottish talents, especially ones who are at Hibs and have the potential and guts to make it at a very good level.

CentreLine
25-12-2017, 08:57 AM

Was it taken from the Castle View Suite though?

Lago
25-12-2017, 09:28 AM

That perhaps he's not yet at the level some are suggesting he's at.

neil7908
25-12-2017, 09:47 AM

It's about consistency though - we love him at Hibs and recognise his talents but a couple of bad performances at a team like West Ham and he'll be out of the team.

I think SJM has the ability to become a (potentially very good) EPL player but I don't think for a second that it's a definite and if that's his next move, it's going to be a real learning curve for him.

Yes there is a lot of dross in England but we can't ignore the step up in quality and added pressure.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2017, 10:15 AM
And been MOM of two internationals he has started. What's your point?Whats yours? He played well in 2 friendlies, he isn't Zidane.

No idea why folk think the premier league is some mystical promised land of football either.

it's full of guys who are 6 ft 6 atheletes and clogger journeymen types. You get a player or two every so often, but in reality from the top 6ish down, the league is full of absolute mediocrity.

As others have said McGinn has looked completely at home for Scotland. He'll fit into that league and carve a solid career.

I don't get why people are so quick to put down young Scottish talents, especially ones who are at Hibs and have the potential and guts to make it at a very good level.

He can look completely at home with the Scotland team all he wants, until someone from England actually comes and gets him he is an SPL level player. The premier league is also full of top class midfielder players like Silva, De Bruyne, Pogba, Matic, Ramsey, Ozil, ****e, Erikson etc who would destroy McGinn.

Its nothing to do with him being Scottish, his passport has no effect on my opinion of him.

Sioux
25-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Dembele to Brighton - £18m

Betty Boop
25-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Celtic have accepted a bid of 18 million for Dembele.

Col2
25-12-2017, 11:00 AM
BBC think story is rubbish.

Aldo
25-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Let’s remember here we are not the Yams and we will pay what is agreed. Simple as that. 5, 10 or whatever St Mirren will get their share and rightly so. I don’t begrudge them at all. 100 or so grand for a player that helped us win the cup!

Hibbyradge
25-12-2017, 11:06 AM

RP said it wasn't as much as 33%.

Arch Stanton
25-12-2017, 11:28 AM
He can look completely at home with the Scotland team all he wants, until someone from England actually comes and gets him he is an SPL level player.

This supposes that all players in SPL are at the same 'SPL' level - I can't agree with that. There is a massive difference between the top players and the also-rans.

The premier league is also full of top class midfielder players like Silva, De Bruyne, Pogba, Matic, Ramsey, Ozil, ****e, Erikson etc who would destroy McGinn.

Really? Full of top class midfielders? The 7 you quoted are indeed top class but they in no way represent the general standard of EPL.

Since90+2
25-12-2017, 11:59 AM
This supposes that all players in SPL are at the same 'SPL' level - I can't agree with that. There is a massive difference between the top players and the also-rans.

Really? Full of top class midfielders? The 7 you quoted are indeed top class but they in no way represent the general standard of EPL.

The standard of the EPL is absolutely miles better than Scotland. It would be a huge step up for Mcginn.

brog
25-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Whats yours? He played well in 2 friendlies, he isn't Zidane.

He can look completely at home with the Scotland team all he wants, until someone from England actually comes and gets him he is an SPL level player. The premier league is also full of top class midfielder players like Silva, De Bruyne, Pogba, Matic, Ramsey, Ozil, ****e, Erikson etc who would destroy McGinn.

Its nothing to do with him being Scottish, his passport has no effect on my opinion of him.

I was at a Premier league game on Saturday. I would not have swapped SJM for any of the midfield players on view. You've named players above from huge clubs who are always in the top 6. There's a major difference if you look at the bottom 8 or 9 teams & those are the teams who will be looking at signing John. He'll need to continue to improve but if he does he can be a success in the EPL.

Hibstrooper
25-12-2017, 12:43 PM
RP said it wasn't as much as 33%.

Did Hibs not come out and rubbish Forest saying that they got Cummings for £500k only for the accounts to indicate that was the case?

Pretty disappointing with that, and makes me question whether RP is being truthful here too

mjhibby
25-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Did Hibs not come out and rubbish Forest saying that they got Cummings for £500k only for the accounts to indicate that was the case?

Pretty disappointing with that, and makes me question whether RP is being truthful here too

That will be the first payment I'd hazard a guess. Next year we will see the balance of the fee so the magic hat could claim they paid less than £1m at the moment.

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Think an other payment is in the accounts

keep the faith
26-12-2017, 10:43 PM

I kinda agree with this. If hibs choose to not reveal the sell on percentage then cool but RP categorically denying it is 33% (if he indeed said this) means hibs or st mirren are lying to supporters which is pretty poor.

Big L
26-12-2017, 11:08 PM
I watched Yousouf Mulumbu playing for Killie against sevco and I was really impressed, totally ran the midfield. If we lose McGinn at the break as expected, Mulumba could be a good replacement.

jacomo
26-12-2017, 11:33 PM
I watched Yousouf Mulumbu playing for Killie against sevco and I was really impressed, totally ran the midfield. If we lose McGinn at the break as expected, Mulumba could be a good replacement.

He worked with Steve Clarke at WBA.

I think they sold Killie to him as a chance to get match fit and win a more lucrative deal back in England.

Might be wrong but would be surprised if Killie let him go to a rival club.

Cletus
26-12-2017, 11:41 PM
The ever reliable sun linking us with Stevie Mallan tonight. Heard we’ve also been monitoring Kane Hemmings with a view to a future move. Apparently he’s on a season loan somewhere though.

truehibernian
26-12-2017, 11:43 PM
The ever reliable sun linking us with Stevie Mallan tonight. Heard we’ve also been monitoring Kane Hemmings with a view to a future move. Apparently he’s on a season loan somewhere though.

I'd say The Sun are absolutely spot on with Mallan.

Souter96Mac
26-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Would take both

HibeeDaz6270
26-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Hemmings is currently on loan at Mansfield Town. Conrad Logan is there GK.

Scott Allan Key
26-12-2017, 11:54 PM
The standard of the EPL is absolutely miles better than Scotland. It would be a huge step up for Mcginn.

The result in Scotland v England internationals does not suggest that. Even Celtic got a draw versus Man City albeit a year ago.

yonder1875
27-12-2017, 12:05 AM

Would love us to sign him. It's a mystery to me how it hasn't worked out for him at Barnsley as I've no doubt in my mind that he had all the attributes to make it down there.

The Leith Dutch
27-12-2017, 12:11 AM
The result in Scotland v England internationals does not suggest that. Even Celtic got a draw versus Man City albeit a year ago.

The quality in the EPL is an entirely different thing to the quality of English players.
And as for the CL results - the top English clubs regulary make the latter stages while Celtic are limited to the odd good result.

Quality in the EPL is miles ahead of Scotland.

Ozyhibby
27-12-2017, 12:30 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2016868/hibs-rekindle-interest-stevie-mallan-barnsley-st-mirren/

Firestarter
27-12-2017, 12:31 AM
The quality in the EPL is an entirely different thing to the quality of English players.
And as for the CL results - the top English clubs regulary make the latter stages while Celtic are limited to the odd good result.

Shelton Martis played EPL football. McGinn is 1m x better.

Scott Allan Key
27-12-2017, 12:46 AM

It really isn’t. Money wise, yes, but standard- the quality doesn’t equate across the board. John McGinn might not cut it in the top sides, but he is definitely able to join the lesser teams in an effective role.

My point really being, the top Scottish players now were SPL players who’ve developed at not only Celtic, internationally they were competing against almost exclusively EPL players who play for CL contending clubs. Remember Hibs almost put out Brondby who then put out a Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin in Europa League. We’re really not that bad, if anything, it is the mental toughness and belief gained through experience that is lacking. Why don’t we want to be better?

hibbymark
27-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Stevie Mallan MOM for Barnsley on his debut yesterday.

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 07:20 AM
That will be the first payment I'd hazard a guess. Next year we will see the balance of the fee so the magic hat could claim they paid less than £1m at the moment.
In our dreams, Cummings signed extension with a release clause that allowed him away for that sort of money ..so doubt anymore cash coming.from that deal.

Since90+2
27-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Aye and Gibraltar's Red Imps beat Celtic and the Scottish national team has not qualified for a tournament in two decades whereas countries like Iceland and Bosnia have.

The quality in the top league in England is on a different planet to Scotland.

If you took a middle of the road Scottish Premiership team , say Motherwell, and put them in the English Premier League how do you think they would get on? IMO they would probably lose every single match and finish with a horrendous goal difference.

Souter96Mac
27-12-2017, 07:31 AM

Hmm hope this doesn't put him in first team contention now.. A real quality player I've wanted hibs to sign for a while now. Maybe not a McGinn type replacement if he goes, but certainly a good attacking midfielder who has goals in him.

Ronniekirk
27-12-2017, 07:31 AM

So why would they let him go out on Loan

Heisenberg
27-12-2017, 07:44 AM
So why would they let him go out on Loan

That’s the first time he’s played for them since signing in the summer. Could just be a case of sticking him in the shop window.

Ronniekirk
27-12-2017, 07:47 AM
That’s the first time he’s played for them since signing in the summer. Could just be a case of sticking him in the shop window.

Ah i see So a wee Msn of Match award brings him to the attention of more Clubs

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2017, 07:59 AM
It really isn’t. Money wise, yes, but standard- the quality doesn’t equate across the board. John McGinn might not cut it in the top sides, but he is definitely able to join the lesser teams in an effective role.

My point really being, the top Scottish players now were SPL players who’ve developed at not only Celtic, internationally they were competing against almost exclusively EPL players who play for CL contending clubs. Remember Hibs almost put out Brondby who then put out a Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin in Europa League. We’re really not that bad, if anything, it is the mental toughness and belief gained through experience that is lacking. Why don’t we want to be better?

Money wise and standard wise they are miles apart, anyone that watches both regularly can see that.

LancsHibs
27-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Mallan won’t be signing for us now unfortunately, Barnsley in a desperate position, throw the young lad they got from Scotland in the summer and had forgotten about on and discover he’s their best player!! Unlucky timing for us!

Tyler Durden
27-12-2017, 08:30 AM

Or more likely Barnsley believe he has taken a while to settle and are easing him into the team. It's not like he was signed as someone who would go directly into their starting XI. Not unlike Slivka for us

I doubt there is anything in this story. There's no benefit to Barnsley in letting him go in January. We are not going to pay for Mallan, certainly not more than Barnsley bought him for. And no incentive in them loaning him.

Just the usual lazy reporting

yonder1875
27-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Money wise and standard wise they are miles apart, anyone that watches both regularly can see that.

Joe Garner and Waghorn down there both scoring goals for Ipswich but both were absolutely mince up here. Calm down.

JimBHibees
27-12-2017, 09:02 AM

Agree and so they should be given the obscene amount of money invested by tv in England of course that is not to say SJM isn't more than capable of doing a job there.

Scorrie
27-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Agree but I don’t think we should be comparing ourselves to the EPL anyway. There’s around 5 really big leagues in europe and Scotland shouldnt be comparing with these but be looking at comparisons with the Scandinavian leagues or the Dutch

GreenOnions
27-12-2017, 10:05 AM
If you took a middle of the road Scottish Premiership team , say Motherwell, and put them in the English Premier League how do you think they would get on? IMO they would probably lose every single match and finish with a horrendous goal difference.

True - but a fairer comparison might be putting Motherwell into the English Premier League and giving them £100m each season and then seeing how they got on

bingo70
27-12-2017, 10:06 AM

This is where the discussion gets a bit silly.

Of course the English league has more money and better players, it's a ridiculous comparison though with the difference in size and media income between the two countries. I can't be bothered reading through the whole thread but i'd be amazed if anyone said any different.

What i do think is a fair argument is that i don't think it's as good as it's hyped up to be and good players from the Scottish Leagues are more than capable of doing well down there, probably not for the top teams but for the mid/lower league teams the gulf is nowhere near as big as i think some would have you believe (although there obviously is a difference). Only have to look at the likes of Charlie Adam still playing for Stoke as an example of that.

IMO good players up here will be good players in England, the difference is just that there is more of them down south than there is here, as you'd expect.

Think that all makes sense.

Ozyhibby
27-12-2017, 10:45 AM

For all that money though is there any more enjoyment to be had? My mate is an Everton fan and he has not seen them win anything since the 80’s. No days like the 21st May. None of the benefits of all that money has went to the fans. Their ticket prices are ridiculously high as well. About double what we pay.
The quality of the players is no doubt high but their connection with their clubs is non existent. I doubt there is a club with as many supporters playing for it as we have?
I honestly don’t bother watching that much English footy. I like watching the Liverpool forward line just now and it makes for exciting footy that their back line makes other teams forward lines look as good as theirs. By the time they get round to fixing that defence the forwards will be gone and their wait for a league win will go on.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-12-2017, 10:54 AM
For all that money though is there any more enjoyment to be had? My mate is an Everton fan and he has not seen them win anything since the 80’s. No days like the 21st May. None of the benefits of all that money has went to the fans. Their ticket prices are ridiculously high as well. About double what we pay.
The quality of the players is no doubt high but their connection with their clubs is non existent. I doubt there is a club with as many supporters playing for it as we have?
I honestly don’t bother watching that much English footy. I like watching the Liverpool forward line just now and it makes for exciting footy that their back line makes other teams forward lines look as good as theirs. By the time they get round to fixing that defence the forwards will be gone and their wait for a league win will go on.

Did Everton not win the FA cup with an against all odds win against Man Utd in the mid-90s?

I do take your point though, english fitba is way above us in most ways, but ultimately its only enjoyable for fans of those teams doing well.

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Did Everton not win the FA cup with an against all odds win against Man Utd in the mid-90s?

I do take your point though, english fitba is way above us in most ways, but ultimately its only enjoyable for fans of those teams doing well.

They certainly did. 1995, a 1-0 win thanks to a Paul Rideout goal. Had started to take an interest in Everton just before then as my best mate supports them. Thought I could get used to my English club winning stuff..... that was 22 years ago! :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:10 AM

Football will always provide some shocks tho. The money that the top 6 in England have is mental, but that hasn't stopped Leicester winning the league or Wigan winning the FA Cup.

J-C
27-12-2017, 11:45 AM
In our dreams, Cummings signed extension with a release clause that allowed him away for that sort of money ..so doubt anymore cash coming.from that deal.

He did that but I'm pretty sure there's a sell on clause where we'll get a wee bit of the pie should he move for more money.

I know his dad very well and he told me all about it at the time, only signed a new deal to help us get promoted and was off for £500K, we needed his goals and had to accept his contract demands at the time.

J-C
27-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Football will always provide some shocks tho. The money that the top 6 in England have is mental, but that hasn't stopped Leicester winning the league or Wigan winning the FA Cup.

Top 8 clubs in the EPL are way better than the rest, watched some games with Brighton, Huddersfield and West Brom and they're just bang average teams, they might get the odd draw against the bigger clubs but that's just being organised and working hard, similar to when Celtic got results against Barca etc.

Celtic would do ok in the EPL, they have 5-6 players all capable of plying their trade down there with maybe the top 4-5 SPFL teams capable of doing ok in the Championship.

Liberal Hibby
27-12-2017, 03:15 PM
I have it on very good authority that McGinn is away in January and Lennon in the summer...

...just opened my 2018 Hibs calendar :wink:

Winston Ingram
27-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Top 8 clubs in the EPL are way better than the rest, watched some games with Brighton, Huddersfield and West Brom and they're just bang average teams, they might get the odd draw against the bigger clubs but that's just being organised and working hard, similar to when Celtic got results against Barca etc.

Celtic would do ok in the EPL, they have 5-6 players all capable of plying their trade down there with maybe the top 4-5 SPFL teams capable of doing ok in the Championship.

Celtic would get relegated. Bar Tierney, their defence is horrific.

bingo70
27-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Celtic would get relegated. Bar Tierney, their defence is horrific.

Totally disagree.

All hypothetical of course and all opinions but IMO they'd be a pretty comfortable mid table side.

They'd take a good few pumpings off the better sides as Rodgers clearly doesn't know how to set up against a team with better players, there's no danger there's not at lease 3 worse teams in that league though. Without checking the league off the top of my head i'd fancy Celtic to be better than Swansea, West Ham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Stoke, West Brom, Crystal Palace, I'm sure there are others too.

JimBHibees
27-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Totally disagree.

All hypothetical of course and all opinions but IMO they'd be a pretty comfortable mid table side.

They'd take a good few pumpings off the better sides as Rodgers clearly doesn't know how to set up against a team with better players, there's no danger there's not at lease 3 worse teams in that league though. Without checking the league off the top of my head i'd fancy Celtic to be better than Swansea, West Ham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Stoke, West Brom, Crystal Palace, I'm sure there are others too.

Agree and they would have the huge tv money to spend. Think mid table comfortably.

Lago
27-12-2017, 05:01 PM
He did that but I'm pretty sure there's a sell on clause where we'll get a wee bit of the pie should he move for more money.

I know his dad very well and he told me all about it at the time, only signed a new deal to help us get promoted and was off for £500K, we needed his goals and had to accept his contract demands at the time.

He was determined to gonot sure hepicked the right team though.

Franck Stanton
27-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Are there ANY rumours ?

Heisenberg
28-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Very surprised to see big Dave back. Thought he was a goner.

supermcginn
28-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Very surprised to see big Dave back. Thought he was a goner.

Done well when he came on, absolutely bizarre how little he's played.

Cammy
28-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Jamie Walker apparently travelling down to Wigan for talks in morning.

SRHibs
28-12-2017, 01:07 AM

Was wondering why he wasn’t playing last night.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2017, 01:44 AM
Was wondering why he wasn’t playing last night.

[emoji23]

el_fletch
28-12-2017, 02:41 AM
Rodgers 'doesn't rate' SJM an more interested in Lewis Morgan apparently. Decent enough source :confused:

Ronniekirk
28-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Rodgers 'doesn't rate' SJM an more interested in Lewis Morgan apparently. Decent enough source :confused:

The Deal is already agreed between the Clubs and Morgan will be allowed to stay at St Mirren for rest of Season Around £300,000 is figure being openly quoted by Buddies in the know

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 08:58 AM
The Deal is already agreed between the Clubs and Morgan will be allowed to stay at St Mirren for rest of Season Around £300,000 is figure being openly quoted by Buddies in the know

Wonder if that will still be the case now Ronnie, with Hayes out for the season

Ronniekirk
28-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Wonder if that will still be the case now Ronnie, with Hayes out for the season

Buddies need Promotion Morgan is key to that as things stand Celtic can bring in other players short term Morgan Is seen as investment for the Future so i would expect it to to go through as agreed unless Celtic loan them a player instead

Unseen work
29-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Heard we are looking at ex hearts player Adam King.

Unsure how true it is but sounds an odd one to make up.

Gmack7
29-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Heard we are looking at ex hearts player Adam King.

Unsure how true it is but sounds an odd one to make up.

is that the lad who went to Brighton or Swansea or somewhere of that ilk

Scouse Hibee
29-12-2017, 11:02 PM

It was actually Blackburn he was going to speak to but all papers have said Wigan. Maybe his agent taking tbe opportunity to hawk him round all clubs in the region.

Unseen work
29-12-2017, 11:08 PM
is that the lad who went to Brighton or Swansea or somewhere of that ilk

Swansea mate

Gmack7
29-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Swansea mate

Cheers
he was highly rated and I'm sure they got decent money for him although I've not heard anything about him since

hibees 7062
30-12-2017, 12:25 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26166801_224290258114296_4213783136103283619_n.jpg ?oh=cfc3e75b2f1fa7d2d881a40b7689a802&oe=5AFC8724

California-Hibs
30-12-2017, 12:27 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26166801_224290258114296_4213783136103283619_n.jpg ?oh=cfc3e75b2f1fa7d2d881a40b7689a802&oe=5AFC8724

Could just simply be trolling.

jimmyboco#1
30-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Have heard that we are very interested in signing a young Slovenian player called Rifet Kapic. Meant to be one of the best young players in Slovenia at the moment apparently. Could be a major coup if we get him, so I've been told...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMaEAbTU6Y

kaimendhibs
30-12-2017, 12:38 AM
Cheers
he was highly rated and I'm sure they got decent money for him although I've not heard anything about him sinceWord i heard is the more talented player

kaimendhibs
30-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Have heard that we are very interested in signing a young Slovenian player called Rifet Kapic. Meant to be one of the best young players in Slovenia at the moment apparently. Could be a major coup if we get him, so I've been told...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMaEAbTU6YFrom that video he looks a right good player

Heisenberg
30-12-2017, 01:32 AM

Ex St Mirren chairman there I believe. He’s an absolute bawbag.

California-Hibs
30-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Looks a top player!

Aldo
30-12-2017, 09:16 AM
He looks a cracking player I would however say that I would suspect a few other teams will be looking at him!

Colr
30-12-2017, 11:40 AM
I see Real Madrid value Harry Kane at £180million!!

Colr
30-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Looks good but he’s getting an acre of space to play. I wonder how long he would last in Scotland with its 100mph industrial football. Players like that may feel they’ll get more chance to show their flare elsewhere ( and less chance of career limiting injury).

skyehibee
30-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Sun claiming Scott Bain coming in on loan before signing a contract in the summer. Can’t post link

Anti-hoofbaw
30-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Looks good but he’s getting an acre of space to play. I wonder how long he would last in Scotland with its 100mph industrial football. Players like that may feel they’ll get more chance to show their flare elsewhere ( and less chance of career limiting injury).

If he watches footage of the last derby with all the hoof and hack tactics on display as well as that horrendous pitch there is no way he'll want to come to Scotland.

supermcginn
30-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Sun claiming Scott Bain coming in on loan before signing a contract in the summer. Can’t post link

Excellent news

SirDavidsNapper
30-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Can he play up front?

staunchhibby
30-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Hear Bain Dundee keeper is on the verge of signing for us