PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

sleeping giant
16-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Was told mallan was shown around East mains today,
Lennon also trying to bring In 2 others , 1 of the players are pretty much a done deal, the other one is a wee bit away yet (dependant on moving a few players on) but would certainly put a smile on our faces 😉

Mallan started for his team at the weekend.

southern hibby
16-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Right at present Hearts are oot the cup ( lost Walker, and Laughatme can’t play). So here’s my thoughts on what they probably are thinking 125/150 Grand each team will get for this game Sunday (19,000 times £15 equals £285,000 plus tv money minus expenses) I understand that game cost more than £15 just being economical.

Now if they get a draw again they’ll get about the same when game goes back to Easter Road and if they get a win they get money from next round.
If they get beat they’ve still got nearly £150,000 or poss £300,000 depending on score with us. But more importantly they can then if rumour is true sell Laughatme and keep the Jambo hoards relatively happy, with bringing iN Naismith.

Problem will be when we knock them out they’ll turn against the hand that feeds them. I’m predicting 3-1 Hibs.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
16-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Mallan started for his team at the weekend.

Good, he’s match fit then. [emoji3]
I doubt anyone we sign now will start on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Right at present Hearts are oot the cup ( lost Walker, and Laughatme can’t play). So here’s my thoughts on what they probably are thinking 125/150 Grand each team will get for this game Sunday (19,000 times £15 equals £285,000 plus tv money minus expenses) I understand that game cost more than £15 just being economical.

Now if they get a draw again they’ll get about the same when game goes back to Easter Road and if they get a win they get money from next round.
If they get beat they’ve still got nearly £150,000 or poss £300,000 depending on score with us. But more importantly they can then if rumour is true sell Laughatme and keep the Jambo hoards relatively happy, with bringing iN Naismith.

Problem will be when we knock them out they’ll turn against the hand that feeds them. I’m predicting 3-1 Hibs.

GGTTH

Levein rolling the dice and splashing cash to bring in Naismith for the cup game. He needs Naismith to win him the game to keep him in a job. This deal will substantially up the ante for Levein because if they don't go through, the honeymoon period will be over and it will be the beginning of the end for Levein, particularly if Naismith and their other new signing don't not perform.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2018, 12:16 AM
I appreciate you pulling back a bit & the positive comments about SIM. My problem arises when people make a comment that reads as a fact when the reality is they're opinions only & 100 different posters will have 100 different opinions. I live in England & constantly put up with people telling me how crap our game is even though they've never seen a game & I see much more English football than they do. These "facts" contribute to our game, & our players being devalued & we need to bring a bit more balance & reality to the debate. Im not suggesting we make things up but I'd prefer we talked our players up rather than down.

Is that not something many Scots findi a bit of a struggle ? By nature we tend to shy away from “blowing our own trumpet”?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2018, 12:28 AM
I agree with this 100%. I honestly don't know what some posters are going on about. McGinn has been absolutely outstanding in some games during the period people talk about and good in most of the rest.

And all that considering he’s hardly had much of a break in the last 2-3 seasons playing in playoffs, cups Scotland games then starting back for Europe. The boys a bit of a machine...

Johnny_Leith
17-01-2018, 12:35 AM
And all that considering he’s hardly had much of a break in the last 2-3 seasons playing in playoffs, cups Scotland games then starting back for Europe. The boys a bit of a machine...

This, and the post you've quoted. 👏 Spot on.

Unseen work
17-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Really don’t want Swanson to leave and I find the timing odd as he is just getting fit again.

Regarding Mallan being shown round today - i find it odd how the only people who know about this are 3 posters. Normally that sort of information is leaked and the papepers know about it.

You would suspect Hendo coming in means either Mcginn or Mcgeouch away, can’t see us being able to have all 3 plus Slivka, Bartley, Mallan and Stirling.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2018, 05:23 AM
Really don’t want Swanson to leave and I find the timing odd as he is just getting fit again.

Regarding Mallan being shown round today - i find it odd how the only people who know about this are 3 posters. Normally that sort of information is leaked and the papepers know about it.

You would suspect Hendo coming in means either Mcginn or Mcgeouch away, can’t see us being able to have all 3 plus Slivka, Bartley, Mallan and Stirling.

Swanson has been a horrific signing. Off field issues or not it hasn't worked out. He'll end up back at St Johnstone.

adhibs
17-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Swanson has been a horrific signing. Off field issues or not it hasn't worked out.

Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-01-2018, 05:32 AM
Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.

Agree with this.

wallpaperman
17-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Looks like Naismith is going to Hearts. 10k a week wage contribution is what Norwich were apparently wanting...

If true and they are paying £10k per week for just a six months loan until summer, then that is reasonable i suppose from their point of view, roughly 26 weeks x £10k = £260k, about what they got for Jamie Walker.

If true and they have taken on the extra year of his contract, there is a further £520k annual wages on one player, that is typical Hearts going back to their old ways.

Amongst all the hundreds of posts about Naismith, I can't see one that makes reference to him being match fit for Sunday. I assume he must think he is, and that is part of the attraction, but I'm not sure I would be that keen on Hibs signing any player (no matter how great he supposedly is) and pitching him into a fierce Scottish Cup Derby when he's not played for six months.

This could backfire on them, hopefully.

wallpaperman
17-01-2018, 05:49 AM
Was told mallan was shown around East mains today,
Lennon also trying to bring In 2 others , 1 of the players are pretty much a done deal, the other one is a wee bit away yet (dependant on moving a few players on) but would certainly put a smile on our faces 😉

Mallan would be a good piece of business, fingers crossed on that one.

Onion
17-01-2018, 05:51 AM
Levein rolling the dice and splashing cash to bring in Naismith for the cup game. He needs Naismith to win him the game to keep him in a job. This deal will substantially up the ante for Levein because if they don't go through, the honeymoon period will be over and it will be the beginning of the end for Levein, particularly if Naismith and their other new signing don't not perform.

Agree with that. In their desperation, they've very likely spent more than they can afford. Beating Hibs is all that matters to these chumps.
If they fail, the Yams will be a pig with lipstick and Levein will be hounded out.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2018, 06:30 AM
St Johnstone looking to get Swanson on loan until summer.

Can only happen if we have someone else lined up Silver Feel a bit sorry for Danny but to date we havent seen the best of him

Springbank
17-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Agree with that. In their desperation, they've very likely spent more than they can afford. Beating Hibs is all that matters to these chumps.
If they fail, the Yams will be a pig with lipstick and Levein will be hounded out.

As their new left back and naismith Will be blowing out of their backsides in thé second half it seems levein is gambling on one, stand alone, huge 45 mins in thé first half on sunday.

If we are level or ahead at half time this could get ugly for hearts and Ive got a Seat in thé roseburn end to enjoy it!

Mon the Hibs

MacGruber
17-01-2018, 06:46 AM
If true and they are paying £10k per week for just a six months loan until summer, then that is reasonable i suppose from their point of view, roughly 26 weeks x £10k = £260k, about what they got for Jamie Walker.

If true and they have taken on the extra year of his contract, there is a further £520k annual wages on one player, that is typical Hearts going back to their old ways.

Amongst all the hundreds of posts about Naismith, I can't see one that makes reference to him being match fit for Sunday. I assume he must think he is, and that is part of the attraction, but I'm not sure I would be that keen on Hibs signing any player (no matter how great he supposedly is) and pitching him into a fierce Scottish Cup Derby when he's not played for six months.

I think he just played for Norwich U23s so he will have a degree of fitness if he has been playing. He also scored 2.
It's a quality signing no point dressing it up differently.
He's no world beater though and we are still the stronger team Naismith included.

Brightside
17-01-2018, 07:07 AM

The further year will be at his full wage not the 10k a week. The cannot afford it without external funding.

Stuart93
17-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Naismith will be a good signing for them and was told the other day it's happening (although was told it would be done yesterday). Hoping we have a new face in for Sunday.

Tyler Durden
17-01-2018, 07:14 AM

I would suspect we won't be signing Hendo or Mallan so doubt this is going to be a problem.

I think the best we'll do is another Barker type signing, a loan deal for a number 10 or a left back.

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 07:14 AM
Wonder what the likelihood of us making any signings before Sunday.

Hibs4185
17-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Was just having a look on sickback and they were talking about laughatme’s 3 game ban. Someone has just posted an article from today’s evening news. Says Levein is working on signing a striker but if it doesn’t happen the he will choose from Stockton or Isma.

is it all is Barry Anderson laying the groundwork for Naismith not signing?

mjhibby
17-01-2018, 07:17 AM

My thoughts too. Any player who has not played for six months will be well short of match fitness and sharpness and will take 3-4 weeks to get up to speed. Martin, who has signed for sevco last played at the end of August. Stokesy took a few weeks before he was fit. Adrenaline can get you through the first game but after that the lack of sharpness catches up with you. I suppose it shows how desperate Potter is that he will pay way over the odds for Naismith yet wouldn't match hibs for mclaren. I'm sure even he'll know that anything he gets in the first few games will be a bonus but he knows if he loses he will have a tough job keeping the baying masses at bay as the will be wanting his blood. Expect a total copy of the last game with them trying to nick a win. If he is brave enough to attack a bit more I can see us picking them off. I can just see mclaren coming on and scoring. I'll go for 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

Ggtth.

johnbc70
17-01-2018, 07:19 AM
I hope Naismith signs, gets injured in the first 5 minutes and subbed. We win and go through to next round. Naismith then recovers for next game and is honking for the rest of the season.

we are hibs
17-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Henderson won't be joining.

Jones28
17-01-2018, 07:24 AM

Some something last night that as good as confirmed he was off to Bari, good luck to the laddie. He could have gone down to Coventry or Barnsley or some other pish but he's taken a brave decision.

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 07:30 AM
Some something last night that as good as confirmed he was off to Bari, good luck to the laddie. He could have gone down to Coventry or Barnsley or some other pish but he's taken a brave decision.

He seems to be willing to ply his trade abroad. Seemed to do OK at rosenborg when he was on loan there so could do well in Italy.

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.I don't think its that harsh tbh...the few games he's played he has flattered to deceive a bit and Lennon won't have been impressed at him breaking curfew in Portugal a week after giving it the big...my season starts here speech in the press. If we can get better in I'd move him on...even if it's a loan deal till end of season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 07:59 AM
It's a bit rubbish it's not working out for Danny just now, perhaps he needs to go and play for a manager who knows how to instantly get the best out of him then come back in the summer and try again. Free up what I would imagine to be a very good wage to help us get someone in to hit the ground running.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Kenny McLean swapping with Naismith anyone heard?

J-C
17-01-2018, 08:08 AM
It's a bit rubbish it's not working out for Danny just now, perhaps he needs to go and play for a manager who knows how to instantly get the best out of him then come back in the summer and try again. Free up what I would imagine to be a very good wage to help us get someone in to hit the ground running.

I can't see where Danny fits into Lennon's team shape TBH. Recently we've seen a 4-2-4 formation, basic 4-4-2 with wingers, 4-1-2-3 all these Lennon seems to favour Stokes playing either off the left or behind the striker, exactly where Danny prefers to play.

I feel the 4-2-3-1 would suit our players better allowing Danny and Stokes to play but Lennon really likes playing Bartley as the holding mid, so one has to drop out and that's generally Danny.

I look at our squad at times and wonder if Lennon just bought players because they were available instead of thinking about the balance of the squad.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2018, 08:16 AM

That would be funny, but cant see that happening.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-01-2018, 08:17 AM

Could be something in it.

To help sweeten the pot for Aberdeen

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/norwich-ready-launch-500k-january-swoop-aberdeen-midfielder-kenny-mclean-reports/

GillyHibee
17-01-2018, 08:18 AM

was reported in the papers this morning that McLean was subject to a 500,000 bid from Norwich, so could be a possibility

GreenCastle
17-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Come home Dominique Malonga!

Aldo
17-01-2018, 08:28 AM

Really. Was told by a yam associate that they were going to pay SN 7 grand a week!

Please be true that he might head North to Aberdeen!

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Come home Dominique Malonga!

this, we would get a great song back as well :flag: Do Do Do

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Really. Was told by a yam associate that they were going to pay SN 7 grand a week!

Please be true that he might head North to Aberdeen!

Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season

Brooster
17-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Signed a 2.5 year deal with Bari.

Aldo
17-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season

Ok!

Still though if what I was told is true 7K a week. Mental cash and reeks of desperation. Mind you it’s the yams and money no object yet again

Danderhall Hibs
MacLaren on SSN talking about Cahill coming to Edinburgh. Wonder if there is something in it. A goal scoring midfielder is definitely something we need.

bigwheel
Signed a 2.5 year deal with Bari.

that is a great developmental move for him..

Breaks my heart much more than the Cummings move to Sevco...

Cant understand why Hibs wouldn't have seen him as one of the answers to our lack of creativity going forward..

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2018, 08:58 AM
so, the budg..oops, i mean secret benefactor is throwing cash about, just to try beat us :agree:

Willis1875
17-01-2018, 08:59 AM

Not too dissimilar a player to McFadden,he came back up the road at 30 and has been honking.Hopefully this plays out the same way

Peevemor
17-01-2018, 09:02 AM
that is a great developmental move for him..

Breaks my heart much more than the Cummings move to Sevco...

Cant understand why Hibs wouldn't have seen him as one of the answers to our lack of creativity going forward..

Do you think we can compete with Bari on wages?

SouthMoroccoStu
17-01-2018, 09:03 AM

I'd be surprised if this happens

Surprised but not envious.

With the weekly wage being quoted (between £7k-£10k) it's a gamble with money that could easily be used elsewhere

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 09:08 AM
I'd be surprised if this happens

Surprised but not envious.

With the weekly wage being quoted (between £7k-£10k) it's a gamble with money that could easily be used elsewhere

Every signing I imagine is a gamble Naismith could be a fantastic signing.

bigwheel
17-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Do you think we can compete with Bari on wages?

don't know tbh....was just lamenting my disappointment we didn't get him back...

Hi Heid Yin
17-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Can only happen if we have someone else lined up Silver Feel a bit sorry for Danny but to date we havent seen the best of him

Danny Swanson owes Hibs big time and I for one think it about time he delivered the St.Johnstone-type performances our club deserves.
Our club has paid him to basically take time out to grieve for his loss, which is commendable, but enough is enough. The time for feeling sorry for the guy must come to an end and he must show a hunger and desire again - the basics of any professional footballer.
He openly admits that he has not been focussed on football - which is hard to disagree with when he was one of the trio punished for their transgressions last week.
He is not doing himself any favours with this type of behaviour, and he needs to knuckle down and win some of us over for the patience our club has shown him.
Come on Danny, you say you are a Hibby and are living the dream, well come and show us how much you care by playing out your skin on the park between now and the seasons end.

Clerie Green
17-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Danny Swanson owes Hibs big time and I for one think it about time he delivered the St.Johnstone-type performances our club deserves.
Our club has paid him to basically take time out to grieve for his loss, which is commendable, but enough is enough. The time for feeling sorry for the guy must come to an end and he must show a hunger and desire again - the basics of any professional footballer.
He openly admits that he has not been focussed on football - which is hard to disagree with when he was one of the trio punished for their transgressions last week.
He is not doing himself any favours with this type of behaviour, and he needs to knuckle down and win some of us over for the patience our club has shown him.
Come on Danny, you say you are a Hibby and are living the dream, well come and show us how much you care by playing out your skin on the park between now and the seasons end.

Agreed . :top marks

Albanian Hibs
17-01-2018, 09:23 AM

They have been saying this for days 🙄 Still don't think it will happen.

jacomo
17-01-2018, 09:27 AM

I don’t see the logic in this. He’s 30 and says it’s his dream to play for Hibs.

If he’s not ready to contribute now he never will be. I know DS has had off the field issues but personally speaking I am a bit impatient now. He needs to shape up or go.

CapitalGreen
17-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Naismith's record when he was last in Scotland, playing for the best team in the country at the time was 1 goal in 3. His record upon leaving Everton was 1 in 5 and his record now at Norwich in the Championship is 1 in 7. He is a player who has in the past relied heavily on pace and is joining a team that creates very little in the way of chances.

cleanyman
17-01-2018, 09:28 AM
I didn't think Swanson was a good signing in the summer and I still don't.

Free up the wages and send him back to St.Johnstone

Paloschi
17-01-2018, 09:29 AM

I think he is going there. Only Hearts have showed real interest in signing him.

I have heard Cahill's preferred choice is Hibs as he wants to work with McLaren and fancies Edinburgh. Milwall have dropped their interest. It's a win, win for us as he's hungry to get games for the WC and brings that experience we have missed since Grant Holt/Commons left us. I fancy him to play behind the striker/s and that is maybe why Swanson has been offered to St Johnstone. If you think of the impact Kenny Miller still has at 38, Tim Cahill can be a big player for us this season.

jacomo
17-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Naismith's record when he was last in Scotland, playing for the best team in the country at the time was 1 goal in 3. His record upon leaving Everton was 1 in 5 and his record now at Norwich in the Championship is 1 in 7. He is a player who has in the past relied heavily on pace and is joining a team that creates very little in the way of chances.

It’s a high profile, exciting signing for Hertz if they pull it off.

I’ve always liked Naismith as a player and he seems a decent guy too. Straight replacement for Jamie Walker. Who knows if he’s still got it though.

JimBHibees
17-01-2018, 09:32 AM
I think he is going there. Only Hearts have showed real interest in signing him.

I have heard Cahill's preferred choice is Hibs as he wants to work with McLaren and fancies Edinburgh. Milwall have dropped their interest. It's a win, win for us as he's hungry to get games for the WC and brings that experience we have missed since Grant Holt/Commons left us. I fancy him to play behind the striker/s and that is maybe why Swanson has been offered to St Johnstone. If you think of the impact Kenny Miller still has at 38, Tim Cahill can be a big player for us this season.

Just hope Cahill stays fit, if Naismith is deemed to be a gamble then Cahill must be seen to be a bigger one given age, recent injury record.

MacGruber
17-01-2018, 09:33 AM

It's on the Scotsman Twitter feed now. looks done.
No point in us turning up Sunday apparently.......

JimBHibees
17-01-2018, 09:35 AM
It’s a high profile, exciting signing for Hertz if they pull it off.

I’ve always liked Naismith as a player and he seems a decent guy too. Straight replacement for Jamie Walker. Who knows if he’s still got it though.

It is an exciting one and think he will do well for them. Would assume he is fully recovered from a bad injury he had last season i think. Very good footballer and a bit of a moaner and niggler so we will grow to hate him pretty quickly I think. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
17-01-2018, 09:35 AM

According to EEN it's a done deal till end of season

Ozyhibby
17-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Naismith is finished, I’m not one bit worried about them signing him. Two years ago Norwich were happy to pay £10m for him, now they are paying him £20k a week to play for someone else. That’s quite a turn around.
What happened to him in that two years? I think his legs have gone and everyone knows it which is why nobody in England went near him.
We’ll have to be wary of him on Sunday just as we would have to had to be wary of Stockton but that’s it.

bigwheel
17-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Naismith is finished, I’m not one bit worried about them signing him. Two years ago Norwich were happy to pay £10m for him, now they are paying him £20k a week to play for someone else. That’s quite a turn around.
What happened to him in that two years? I think his legs have gone and everyone knows it which is why nobody in England went near him.
We’ll have to be wary of him on Sunday just as we would have to had to be wary of Stockton but that’s it.

we have different views on this one....agree it never really happened for him at Norwich, he also suffered a bad ankle injury this season - just back in Nov 17...after 9 -10 weeks out..He is still an international level player for Scotland - and will be so again. Great attitude, has had to work hard to get where he got to. Not an out and out goalscorer, but also a maker of chances. Think he is a quality addition. if he keeps fit, he will be a big player for them. I'd have been delighted if we had got him.

JimBHibees
17-01-2018, 09:56 AM
we have different views on this one....agree it never really happened for him at Norwich, he also suffered a bad ankle injury this season - just back in Nov 17...after 9 -10 weeks out..He is still an international level player for Scotland - and will be so again. Great attitude, has had to work hard to get where he got to. Not an out and out goalscorer, but also a maker of chances. Think he is a quality addition. if he keeps fit, he will be a big player for them. I'd have been delighted if we had got him.

That is the only issue I think, if he does he will do very well as Hearts have no one else like that.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2018, 10:00 AM

My thoughts exactly

broondog
17-01-2018, 10:06 AM
he would be a good signing for them no doubt but I am yet to be convinced this will happen before the derby. when is the deadline for registering players for the cup does anyone know? EEN reporting he is still in talks. If they can´t register him in time, am I right in saying with Lafferty suspended they have no out and out strikers available.

If that situation presents itself I feel 1 goal from us should do it.

California-Hibs
17-01-2018, 10:06 AM

He’s far from finished and I’d bet good money if he does sign for Hearts that he shows just how much he has left. Would be delighted if it was us getting him. He’s only 31!

essexhibee
17-01-2018, 10:11 AM
What I do not understand is where the hell are they getting this money from? To pay for Lafferty, Berra, now Naismith.

I do not understand where this money comes from! Still not a level playing field it seems :confused::rolleyes:

brog
17-01-2018, 10:13 AM

Not directed specifically at you but IMO there's been some right nonsense written about Danny on here. Firstly there was Hibs Net consensus that Danny was trying too hard, now there seems to be consensus he's not trying hard enough! Here's some facts.
1. Danny has only started 3 league games for Hibs.
2. Danny played in our last league game &, per reports, apparently played well. Provided an attacking threat but could perhaps have finished better.
3. That was Danny's 1st league start for over 4 months & his 1st start in any comp for over 3.
4. Forgetting the well documented personal issues, Danny has also been injured for much of his time at ER.
Based on the above I'm not really sure how it's possible at present to have any kind of informed opinion about Danny at Hibs, he simply hasn't played enough. Personally I believe he's a quality player but whereas at St J he was the fulcrum of the team, NL seems unsure of his best role with Hibs. One thing I am sure of, if/when he returns to the team he'll greatly benefit from the full support of the ER crowd.

G B Young
17-01-2018, 10:14 AM
What I do not understand is where the hell are they getting this money from? To pay for Lafferty, Berra, now Naismith.

I do not understand where this money comes from! Still not a level playing field it seems :confused::rolleyes:

It's a remarkably rapid descent for Naismith from EPL to Hearts in a couple of years. Hopefully he's well off the pace these days.

But yes, you do have to ask where the money's coming from to fund such a deal as he'll still be commanding a big wage, a wage Hearts were clearly the only club willing to match.

chrisski33
17-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Jeez why so much chat about a player the yams are signing! Ffs

500miles
17-01-2018, 10:18 AM
He’s far from finished and I’d bet good money if he does sign for Hearts that he shows just how much he has left. Would be delighted if it was us getting him. He’s only 31!

James McFadden was only 30 when he came up the road. Steven Fletcher is only 30, and I think he'd struggle here. Joey Barton was only 32.

Naismith might do well but 30 can be the burn out point for lots of players.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 10:20 AM
I can't see where Danny fits into Lennon's team shape TBH. Recently we've seen a 4-2-4 formation, basic 4-4-2 with wingers, 4-1-2-3 all these Lennon seems to favour Stokes playing either off the left or behind the striker, exactly where Danny prefers to play.

I feel the 4-2-3-1 would suit our players better allowing Danny and Stokes to play but Lennon really likes playing Bartley as the holding mid, so one has to drop out and that's generally Danny.

I look at our squad at times and wonder if Lennon just bought players because they were available instead of thinking about the balance of the squad.

:agree:

Ozyhibby
17-01-2018, 10:23 AM

FoH brings in £1.5m a year.

Hibbyradge
17-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Jeez why so much chat about a player the yams are signing! Ffs

There is nothing else happening.

GillyHibee
17-01-2018, 10:37 AM

The greedy Cash Cow in the club shop...the Yams are delusional

Biggie
17-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Delusional ?......they are ****ing desperate...absolutely bricking it the thought of getting beat by us again. Levien is gambling big time on this signing....here's hoping it doesn't pay off and their season is over with a massive salary to pay until May.

Greenworld
17-01-2018, 11:08 AM

This could backfire on them, hopefully.Scored twice for under 23s against Newcastle last weekend but not played fist team game since last August

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Or the supporters who put their own money in to back the club gaining a massive advantage? :confused:

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Delusional ?......they are ****ing desperate...absolutely bricking it the thought of getting beat by us again. Levien is gambling big time on this signing....here's hoping it doesn't pay off and their season is over with a massive salary to pay until May.

If they are only 5 points behind us, does that mean our season is over if we lose on Sunday? :confused:

Anyway, James Maddison former Sheep loan player wanted by Spurs Liverpool and Utd.

greenginger
17-01-2018, 11:17 AM
FoH brings in £1.5m a year.

Not to the Heart's running costs anymore.

Past 18 month's its been going towards the cost of the new Yam erection.

When they have gathered the agreed amount for that purpose ( probs about April ) the donations will be used to buy out Budge.

Steve20
17-01-2018, 11:22 AM

They sit five points behind us and the next few league games, they look to have a better chance of picking up points than we do. Their season is far from over. Either that or you think our season will be over if we lose on Sunday.

We should have done far more business by now. We lack creativity in the final third and someone to score from midfield. Hearts have done well to bring in Naismith, who would have been an excellent signing for us.

Hopefully the squad can get back to getting the results because we didn't look our best the few weeks before the break.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Not to the Heart's running costs anymore.

Past 18 month's its been going towards the cost of the new Yam erection.

When they have gathered the agreed amount for that purpose ( probs about April ) the donations will be used to buy out Budge.

Money is going into the club one way or another through the FOH. It could be moved away from the stand to fund new signings if needs be perhaps with further funds going to the stand in the future when next years season tickets are being sold? That's the beauty I suppose of them contributing a massive amount of £ p/a.

Springbank
17-01-2018, 11:32 AM
They sit five points behind us and the next few league games, they look to have a better chance of picking up points than we do. Their season is far from over. Either that or you think our season will be over if we lose on Sunday.

We should have done far more business by now. We lack creativity in the final third and someone to score from midfield. Hearts have done well to bring in Naismith, who would have been an excellent signing for us.

Hopefully the squad can get back to getting the results because we didn't look our best the few weeks before the break.

You are being too reasonable, as any Hibs fan would be (thats a compliment btw!)

The point is not whther their season would be over this Sunday when Hibs put them out the cup

The point is THEY believe their season has nothing of meaningfulness left to play for if they have been papped oot "The Big Cup" (their copyright) for the third season in a row, by Hibs, after drawing us at Tynecastle, including us winning the trophy and then giving a decent defence of it.

In their small, obsessive, world - the season ends at 4pm on Sunday if Hibs have won the game...which I believe we will (2-0 or 2-1)

:flag::flag::flag:

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Tom Cairney on his way to West Brom for £15m yet can't get near the Scotland side. :greengrin

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 11:54 AM

The same Hearts side that don’t score goals have a better chance of picking up more points than us 🤔

But Naismith will score 1000 before June, so we reallly should fear them. Some folk really love bigging Hearts up while booting Hibs.

Give me MacLaren any day over Naismith!

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 12:03 PM
The same Hearts side that don’t score goals have a better chance of picking up more points than us 🤔

But Naismith will score 1000 before June, so we reallly should fear them. Some folk really love bigging Hearts up while booting Hibs.

Remember when Isma 'already wants to leave' Goncalves, Tziolis (the Greek Ballack :greengrin), Choulay (must be good, he's from Stoke), Walker (worth £1million, sold for less than a third of that), and Malaury Martin (dead ball expert dontcha know :greengrin) were gonna put 7 past us last year TC ?

Hearts FC - delusions of grandeur since 1874 :agree::aok:

Naismith may be a decent addition, but our lads are a tight unit, unbeaten against them, and go into it knowing we had the measure of them last time at Tynie :aok: nothing at all to fear :agree:

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Remember when Isma 'already wants to leave' Goncalves, Tziolis (the Greek Ballack :greengrin), Choulay (must be good, he's from Stoke), Walker (worth £1million, sold for less than a third of that), and Malaury Martin (dead ball expert dontcha know :greengrin) were gonna put 7 past us last year TC ?

Hearts FC - delusions of grandeur since 1874 :agree::aok:

Naismith may be a decent addition, but our lads are a tight unit, unbeaten against them, and go into it knowing we had the measure of them last time at Tynie :aok: nothing at all to fear :agree:

Well said, we have the upper hand still. They have lost Walker and replaced him with someone who no one else wanted bar Killie. Says it all really.

Biggie
17-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Why would I think our season would be over if we get beaten ?....we're still shooting for Europe, we've shown over the season so far we're a baw-hair away from getting the results our play merits. We've signed another striker.

They have scraped by, with undoubted suspensions on the horizon......they are gambling with this signing, and most of all, their season hangs on beating us....they put us out and they will be chirping away again. They get beat and the knives will be out for Levein.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Why would I think our season would be over if we get beaten ?....we're still shooting for Europe, we've shown over the season so far we're a baw-hair away from getting the results our play merits. We've signed another striker.

They have scraped by, with undoubted suspensions on the horizon......they are gambling with this signing, and most of all, their season hangs on beating us....they put us out and they will be chirping away again. They get beat and the knives will be out for Levein.

Wee'l put them back in there box on Sunday

Big L
17-01-2018, 12:31 PM

TBF he's not a bad signing, but his scoring record, which might already have been pointed out, is nothing to shout about. Played 135 games in total for Everton & Norwich, scored 23 goals. Around 1 in 6.

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 12:33 PM
TBF he's not a bad signing, but his scoring record, which might already have been pointed out, is nothing to shout about. Played 135 games in total for Everton & Norwich, scored 23 goals. Around 1 in 6.

Correct, and he was younger and fitter then as well so I’ll not be losing to much sleep over them signing him. Just as I never when he was at Killie or The Rangers.

Deansy
17-01-2018, 12:39 PM

SJM, Boyler, Dylan, Lewis, Stokesy, Marvin, Paul etc, etc - hope you are all reading THIS - a big, fat, juicy incentive !

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Come on Danny, you say you are a Hibby and are living the dream, well come and show us how much you care by playing out your skin on the park between now and the seasons end.At last thought I was the only.one who felt this way about Danny...well said [emoji106]

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'd like to think your right but I don't think he's finished. At a higher level than SPL perhaps but he will do a job up here. We'd be happy had Hibs signed him tbh

Hibbyradge
17-01-2018, 04:50 PM
TRANSFER NEWS

Sky sources understand Hearts have beaten Rangers and Kilmarnock to the signing of Norwich forward Steven Naismith on a loan deal until the end of the season.

#SSN https://t.co/nwUws3W87U

Paisley Hibby
17-01-2018, 04:56 PM
I was wondering about Naismith wanting to play for Levein again given his experience while Scotland manager. So I looked back at some press coverage from this time and it seems Naismith was one of the few Scottish players to speak out in defence of Levein's tactics against the Czech Republic (the infamous no-one up front formation). He was quoted as saying that Levein had "prepared them really well" for the match but that Scotland "didn't do well enough going forward" and "let themselves down defensively". Hopefully, history will repeat itself on Sunday 😃

Tornadoes70
17-01-2018, 05:01 PM
TRANSFER NEWS

Sky sources understand Hearts have beaten Rangers and Kilmarnock to the signing of Norwich forward Steven Naismith on a loan deal until the end of the season.

I don't think the huns were even in for him at all and the headline should have been that they beat Kilmarnock alone to the signing, doesn't suggest they beat much though so the huns have been included into the mix in my opinion.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2018, 05:04 PM
TRANSFER NEWS

That should be changed to "Sky sources understand that Hearts have beaten Hearts in the race to sign Steven Naismith".

The_Horde
17-01-2018, 05:05 PM
The spearhead of Leveins 4-6-0 arrives.

hfc-1875
17-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Liam Henderson signed for Bari on a permanent deal

Captain Trips
17-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Good luck son

CorrieHibs
17-01-2018, 05:14 PM
TRANSFER NEWS

The Huns were never interested. Naismith was begging to go as well.

number9dream
17-01-2018, 05:19 PM

https://fcbari1908.com/liam-henderson-e-biancorosso/

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Good luck Hendo!

snooky
17-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Bari move, Deliveryman. Good luck. :aok:

lucky
17-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Good opportunity for him, he’s well suited to the slower style of Italian football. I think he’ll do very well.

wookie70
17-01-2018, 05:26 PM
No way to know if Naismith will be a success but his game was based on speed and endurance with a little trickery and finishing. I liked him as a player as he punched above his talents imo due to work rate. I think he will be similar to us with Kris Commons. He will do them a turn and might get an important goal or two hopefully not against us. Choosing 30 plus players whose game was based on speed and endurance and whose careers are on the way down is not the best model. There is only a couple of hundred thousand between finishing fourth or sixth so it looks to me that they are breaking the bank to get through in the cup. If they are paying £10K a week then they will be in trouble again before too long.
As a previous poster said I think I'm happier with McLaren than I would be with Naismith.

weecounty hibby
17-01-2018, 05:28 PM
STV news said that hearts were the only Scottish club to make an offer for Naimarsmith. Good luck to Liam Henderson in Italy. That should be a great move for him footballing wise, lifestyle wise and also financially.

Hibs90
17-01-2018, 05:31 PM
That Bari kit is pretty mint. Wouldn't mind one of them with 'Henderson 32' on the back:greengrin

17-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Good luck Liam, hopefully see you back at Easter Road some day.

Maybe see you on Sunday. Make sure you get there early, the turnstiles are a nightmare.

Hi Heid Yin
17-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Not directed specifically at you but IMO there's been some right nonsense written about Danny on here. Firstly there was Hibs Net consensus that Danny was trying too hard, now there seems to be consensus he's not trying hard enough! Here's some facts.
1. Danny has only started 3 league games for Hibs.
2. Danny played in our last league game &, per reports, apparently played well. Provided an attacking threat but could perhaps have finished better.
3. That was Danny's 1st league start for over 4 months & his 1st start in any comp for over 3.
4. Forgetting the well documented personal issues, Danny has also been injured for much of his time at ER.
Based on the above I'm not really sure how it's possible at present to have any kind of informed opinion about Danny at Hibs, he simply hasn't played enough. Personally I believe he's a quality player but whereas at St J he was the fulcrum of the team, NL seems unsure of his best role with Hibs. One thing I am sure of, if/when he returns to the team he'll greatly benefit from the full support of the ER crowd.

Fair points, but when he did get games earlier in the season he still failed to deliver in the way he delivered for St.Johnstone.
If you check my earlier posts you will see that I looked upon him as a potential "new signing" in the 2nd half of the season, and I was quietly excited at this possibility, but his recent comments prior to going abroad for a break did not encourage me, something to the effect that his heart is not on football at this time and he does not want to think about kicking a ball or the game at all. In other words, he is not ready to deliver and give something back to the club that has invested time and money in him and stood by him big time. His transgressions last week certainly point to a guy with ongoing negative issues.
My earlier post clearly indicates a supporter who simply wants to see Danny deliver for our club. If Neil Lennon, in training, does not see the player that Danny can be, then Danny's future will ultimately be decided for him.

Eaststandee
17-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Was Naismith not offering to play for The Rangers for free, and they still didn't want him.

While the gunts pay over 20k a month.

Brilliant!

:titanic:

Betty Boop
17-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Naismith is having a medical tomorrow . Great signing for them.

BarneyHibby
17-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Good Luck to Liam! Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) legend :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcqlmPnIgk

Onion
17-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Only if they beat us in the cup !

Irrespective of how Naismith plays, the Yams are not going to finish above Sevco or Aberdeen, so this expensive signing is just part of their continuing obsession with everything Hibernian :thumbsup:

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 06:01 PM

That good only Killie showed an interest other than Hearts 🤔

Betty Boop
17-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Doubt any could afford the wages.

17-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Cesena v Bari on Saturday evening can be watched at Bet365:

https://mobile.bet365.com/#type=MarketCount;key=1-1-8-69934129-3-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0;ip=0;lng=1

No odds yet on Hendo to score 1st.

Thief
17-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Sure Rodgers said on STV news that he’d picked up an injury during the Bari trial and would be out for 3 or 4 weeks [emoji20]

brog
17-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Fair points, but when he did get games earlier in the season he still failed to deliver in the way he delivered for St.Johnstone.
If you check my earlier posts you will see that I looked upon him as a potential "new signing" in the 2nd half of the season, and I was quietly excited at this possibility, but his recent comments prior to going abroad for a break did not encourage me, something to the effect that his heart is not on football at this time and he does not want to think about kicking a ball or the game at all. In other words, he is not ready to deliver and give something back to the club that has invested time and money in him and stood by him big time. His transgressions last week certainly point to a guy with ongoing negative issues.
My earlier post clearly indicates a supporter who simply wants to see Danny deliver for our club. If Neil Lennon, in training, does not see the player that Danny can be, then Danny's future will ultimately be decided for him.

Fair enough i appreciate your detailed thoughts. Howevér Martin Boyle also transgressed last week & he's probably the most positive player we've had in years. I'm sure there's no ongoing negative issues with Boyle. As i said Danny's started 3 league games, far too early to judge him IMO.

bingo70
17-01-2018, 06:50 PM

I’m all for hibs fans taking an objective view on Hearts signings and fair play to you for taking off your green tinted specs.......

However.....calm down, it’s Steven Naismith, not Sauzee they’re signing.

He’ll probably do quite well for them and he’s a right Hearts player in that he likes to run around kicking people but let’s not get carried away, in his prime he was nothing special and there has to be doubts about his current fitness given he’s not had a good season for about 2 or 3 years.

Hi Heid Yin
17-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Fair enough i appreciate your detailed thoughts. Howevér Martin Boyle also transgressed last week & he's probably the most positive player we've had in years. I'm sure there's no ongoing negative issues with Boyle. As i said Danny's started 3 league games, far too early to judge him IMO.

Martin Boyle has delivered big time on the field for us this season and so his transgression can be seen in light of his contribution. Danny, on the other hand, has not built up sufficient/if any, brownie points to see his transgression dismissed so lightly. I'm not sure I am judging him as such, but certainly, I am comparing him to the "St.Johnstone Danny" and in this regard he is massively underachieving, albeit in limited game time.
I truly want for nothing more than to see a rejuvenated Danny and, like I keep saying, to see him "deliver for our club" in terms of performances and goals from midfield.
I do wonder whether Neil Lennon has other plans for him and whether we will see him given further opportunities to earn those brownie points - and now I hear that St. Johnstone want him on loan.

Baw187
17-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Martin Boyle has delivered big time on the field for us this season and so his transgression can be seen in light of his contribution. Danny, on the other hand, has not built up sufficient/if any, brownie points to see his transgression dismissed so lightly. I'm not sure I am judging him as such, but certainly, I am comparing him to the "St.Johnstone Danny" and in this regard he is massively underachieving, albeit in limited game time.
I truly want for nothing more than to see a rejuvenated Danny and, like I keep saying, to see him "deliver for our club" in terms of performances and goals from midfield.
I do wonder whether Neil Lennon has other plans for him and whether we will see him given further opportunities to earn those brownie points - and now I hear that St. Johnstone want him on loan.

Admittedly I’d have been happy for us to sign him. He was a decent player in his hey day but no idea how he will fair in a rotten Hearts team now. At only 31 though I reckon he might do ok.

RoxburghHibs
17-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Admittedly I’d have been happy for us to sign him. He was a decent player in his hey day but no idea how he will fair in a rotten Hearts team now. At only 31 though I reckon he might do ok.

You on about Swanson 🤔

Baw187
17-01-2018, 07:54 PM
You on about Swanson [emoji848]

Replied to wrong post! [emoji854] Talking about Naismith!

Meant to quote Bingo’s one above!

RoxburghHibs
17-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Replied to wrong post! [emoji854] Talking about Naismith!

Meant to quote Bingo’s one above!

Haha

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Doubt any could afford the wages.Neither can the yam bams which makes it all the more desperate

lyonhibs
17-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Let's not play kiddie on here, if it was us signing Naismith, the majority would be pleased with that.

Ozyhibby
17-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Let's not play kiddie on here, if it was us signing Naismith, the majority would be pleased with that.

The majority can be wrong though.

Eyrie
17-01-2018, 10:18 PM
The majority can be wrong though.

Butcher :lips seal

Winston Ingram
18-01-2018, 09:10 AM

...and posters on the Norwich forum are celebrating the fact he's away.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Thinking more about the Naismith move.... We have McLaren, a young International looking to score the goals to get a place a World Cup Squad...they have Naismith if it goes through, a 31 year old looking to put himself in the window for the huns in the summer. I'm comfortable enough with that.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Matthew Knox to Sunderland from Livingston.

Kenny McLean to Norwich for a few £100k. Seemingly they didn't want Naismith either.

18-01-2018, 12:08 PM

I see what you mean.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2/3596151/ShowPost.aspx#3596151

Ozyhibby
18-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Thinking more about the Naismith move.... We have McLaren, a young International looking to score the goals to get a place a World Cup Squad...they have Naismith if it goes through, a 31 year old looking to put himself in the window for the huns in the summer. I'm comfortable enough with that.

And they have no Walker or Lafferty from their starting 11 three weeks ago.

Stuart93
18-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Naismith just arrived at tynie for his medical & to sign, definitely expect him to be starting on Sunday.

truehibernian
18-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Naismith just arrived at tynie for his medical & to sign, definitely expect him to be starting on Sunday.

This transfer seems to be really consuming you - why so keen to update a Hibs forum ? He'll sign for Hearts, so what ? We have more than enough in our team and in our armoury to beat them on Sunday :aok: Lafferty was going to put us to the sword after all................what has he had in two derbies, three shots off target :greengrin

They should be more worried about our attacking threat :aok:

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 12:53 PM

There's no danger they have the facilities to conduct medicals at the **** tip. They will have to borrow Herriot Watts this afternoon I would guess. :agree:

mjhibby
18-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Potters transfer dealings are bizarre even for them. They tracked mclaren for months then pulled out of the deal due to wage demands. They then go all out to get the Dutch guy, have him over to Edinburgh then can't agree terms then pay a huge amount of a 6 month loan for a guy who hasn't kicked a ball for six months. He may turn out to be a good signing, only time will tell, but no wonder they have been mince for so long when they haven't a scoobies when dealing in the transfer market. Malar ymartin 3.5 year deal. Unbelievable.

Springbank
18-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Potters transfer dealings are bizarre even for them. They tracked mclaren for months then pulled out of the deal due to wage demands. They then go all out to get the Dutch guy, have him over to Edinburgh then can't agree terms then pay a huge amount of a 6 month loan for a guy who hasn't kicked a ball for six months. He may turn out to be a good signing, only time will tell, but no wonder they have been mince for so long when they haven't a scoobies when dealing in the transfer market. Malar ymartin 3.5 year deal. Unbelievable.

Assuming we get Sunday out the way and despatch the Yam from the Scottish Cup for the 3rd year running, it will be interesting to look back and see how much money these three "cup derby" draws have cost Hearts in financial terms.

I would say there's little doubt in 2017 Hearts would not have had all the expensive Greeks and Slovaks and £170k for Goncalves etc others in the Jan window last year if they hadn't already been drawn to face Hibs at Tynecastle. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38799666

And then this year we have the splashing of around £300k (Walker money in its entirety?) on a 6 month loan, for a player who hasn't kicked a competitive ball in 5 months, and everything seems to rest on his shoulders.

Meanwhile, Hibs retain McGinn & McGeough, have added a hungry international striker to the forward line & a decent goalie to keep our existing international goalie on his toes, having gone 9 derbies in a row unbeaten, fairly comfortably too.

Looking at it that way there's only one winner in this tie and that's :nlgwa

Thecat23
18-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Hearts 1-3 Hibs

That’s my prediction for Sunday. Naismith is a player NO one wanted bar Hearts and Killie. killie pulled out over wages Hearts and Potter are throwing everything into one basket to please the fans. This is a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball in months. Norwich fans laughing that he’s gone as well. Not only that he wasn’t great last time in the prem he was just alright.

Add that he’s now 31 and he used to have pace not now, he will find it a lot harder. I honestly don’t know why the Hearts fans are so excited. Come Sunday when they lose it will be mayhem again for them.

BRING IT ON!

easty
18-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Hearts 1-3 Hibs

That’s my prediction for Sunday. Naismith is a player NO one wanted bar Hearts and Killie. killie pulled out over wages Hearts and Potter are throwing everything into one basket to please the fans. This is a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball in months. Norwich fans laughing that he’s gone as well. Not only that he wasn’t great last time in the prem he was just alright.

Add that he’s now 31 and he used to have pace not now, he will find it a lot harder. I honestly don’t know why the Hearts fans are so excited. Come Sunday when they lose it will be mayhem again for them.

BRING IT ON!

I'll be amazed if there's 4 goals in the game on Sunday. Fingers crossed you're right though! :aok:

Edinburgh Green
18-01-2018, 01:28 PM
There's no danger they have the facilities to conduct medicals at the **** tip. They will have to borrow Herriot Watts this afternoon I would guess. :agree:

He was at HW earlier. My Hibee mate works there and he seen him.

GlesgaeHibby
18-01-2018, 01:29 PM

Walker is no loss though, he's been guff in every Derby I've seen him play in.

Thecat23
18-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Walker is no loss though, he's been guff in every Derby I've seen him play in.

That’s true, but he’s a huge loss for Hearts trust me. He’s very direct and we all know that he was the one who won most pens. Lafferty I don’t rate and think only free kicks he’d be a threat so still a plus. They are weaker now than before we should be able to win the game.

jacomo
18-01-2018, 01:55 PM

The medical is a simple procedure at Hertz - drop your shorts and cough for the Dr (Budge).

Is It On....
18-01-2018, 01:58 PM

According to the BBC website, Norwich wanted the other club to pick-up 20% of Naismith's £FIFTY THOUSAND per week salary !! If that number is anywhere near true then he should be thanking Alex Neil every night in his prayers!!

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 02:15 PM
The medical is a simple procedure at Hertz - drop your shorts and cough for the Dr (Budge).

:greengrin

Eaststandee
18-01-2018, 02:25 PM
According to the BBC website, Norwich wanted the other club to pick-up 20% of Naismith's £FIFTY THOUSAND per week salary !! If that number is anywhere near true then he should be thanking Alex Neil every night in his prayers!!

10k a week..

MB62
18-01-2018, 02:27 PM

I was over in your land over Christmas & New Year and lost touch with what has been going on here.

Has Jamie Walker left the Yams for pastures new? and if so, to whom?

Stuart93
18-01-2018, 02:28 PM
This transfer seems to be really consuming you - why so keen to update a Hibs forum ? He'll sign for Hearts, so what ? We have more than enough in our team and in our armoury to beat them on Sunday :aok: Lafferty was going to put us to the sword after all................what has he had in two derbies, three shots off target :greengrin

They should be more worried about our attacking threat :aok:

Well this is a transfer rumour thread no? So just updating on what the majority of the thread has been about this week. What a very strange post. So because this is a hibs forum we aren't allowed to talk about any other clubs transfer business?

TonyStokeprano
18-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I was over in your land over Christmas & New Year and lost touch with what has been going on here.

Has Jamie Walker left the Yams for pastures new? and if so, to whom?

Wigan, £250k-£300k according to different reports

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Well this is a transfer rumour thread no? So just updating on what the majority of the thread has been about this week. What a very strange post. So because this is a hibs forum we aren't allowed to talk about any other clubs transfer business?

:agree: especially we play them on Sunday and they are our rivals.

TheHarpy76
18-01-2018, 02:41 PM
I’ll leave my green tints on my bedside table.
Naismith is an excellent signing for them.

Betty Boop
18-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Aye watch out for the self appointed posting police.

Aldo
18-01-2018, 02:57 PM

He might be but at 7K a week!!!

Spike Mandela
18-01-2018, 03:04 PM
He might be but at 7K a week!!!

Undoubtedly he is better than anything they have but is he match fit?

Irrespective of match fitness I am 100% sure he will start for them as they are desperate. Conversely, I am not sure McLaren will get on the pitch never mind start for us.

Aldo
18-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Undoubtedly he is better than anything they have but is he match fit?

Irrespective of match fitness I am 100% sure he will start for them as they are desperate. Conversely, I am not sure McLaren will get on the pitch never mind start for us.

I agree. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that SN will play from the off.

I think MacLaren might start however at the very least he’ll get 30 mins. Bit of pace about him so will hopefully stay onside and get a few

Golden Bear
18-01-2018, 03:15 PM
There doesn't appear to be any white smoke emerging from piggery park yet. Maybe the Naisy deal has hit a snag, or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

:greengrin

Since90+2
18-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Hearts officially confirmed the signing about a hour ago.

Naismith is a good signing but i'm quite content we have had a quiet week in the built up to Sunday whereas Levein has been chasing Naismith all week and will now have to shoehorn him into a side he's barely trained with or knows.

Tornadoes70
18-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Hearts officially confirmed the signing about a hour ago.

Naismith is a good signing but i'm quite content we have had a quiet week in the built up to Sunday whereas Levein has been chasing Naismith all week and will now have to shoehorn him into a side he's barely trained with or knows.

I strongly disagree with this.

I'd be raging if we were wasting nearly ten thousand or thereabouts a week on wages for a 31 year old on a six month loan deal.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

snooky
18-01-2018, 03:36 PM

:agree: That bit is true.

Since90+2
18-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Perhaps I should have said Naismith is a good player , it remains to be seen whether or not he is a good signing for them but I am still confident we are the better side and will progress in the tie (potentially after a replay again).

Capt Mainwaring
18-01-2018, 03:48 PM
No question Naismith is a good signing for them. Looks like a strict loan deal rather than a loan with option to sign permanent but that probably suits both parties

I’ve no doubt Naismith will play a part on Sunday. It’s asking a lot of him however to fit into a team and form any tactical partnership with players that he’ll have, at best, one training session with. He’ll also be far from match fit

Daz or Marv to mark his Dance Card early - should take the wind out his sails! 👍

SirDavidsNapper
18-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Well we know Rangers saw Cummings as a better option than Naismith. He might turn out to be decent for them but we said the same about Laugherty and he's been brutal. Mini Rangers aren't very good.

IGRIGI
18-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Yep, I'd have Bartley welcome him to the derby early doors.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2018, 03:58 PM
There's no danger they have the facilities to conduct medicals at the **** tip. They will have to borrow Herriot Watts this afternoon I would guess. :agree:Unless someone in the under 20s ladies hockey team is getting treatment for an injury...then they r goosed 🤣🤣

IlDiavola
18-01-2018, 04:00 PM
SN is a good signing for them, make no mistake about that.

Do we have the players to nullify him? Damn right we do.

Will they nullify him? Who knows.

Bring on 2.05pm on Sunday!!

Oscar T Grouch
18-01-2018, 04:01 PM
I don’t think Naismith is costing them even near £10k a week. He is covering the difference of what they can pay and what NCFC want. I reckon they’ll be paying £4-5k for him max. It’s a decent bit of business for them if he makes an impact in that sort of team. That’s the main point, I can’t see him being effective in a team like hearts, yeah he’ll score a few goals but he won’t be getting near what Stokes and Murray get for us.

Fuzzywuzzy
18-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Pretty sure Whittaker will have given the low down on what naismith is capable of

calumhibee1
18-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Steven Naismith has played 14 and a half full seasons of first team football. That's probably around or possibly even slightly longer than the average pro footballers career. While he may only be 31 it wouldn't surprise me if his legs have gone seeing as he's played first team football since he was 17 - 2 or 3 years earlier than most people do.

Norwich fans are debating whether he's their worst signing in their history.

He's scored 103 goals in his career. 7 goals a season on average. That average is also bumped up by 2 seasons at Killie when he was an out and out striker where he scored 32 in two seasons. Since leaving Killie ten years ago he is averaging 4.5 goals a season. To put that into perspective, Steven Fletcher has 25 more goals in his career having played at a similar level and is a year younger. And he's absolutely rotten.

He may turn out to be a good signing for Hearts. He might even score the winner on Sunday. But there's no evidence from his career so far that he's going to bang in many goals and I'd bet he's never played in a team with a lack of creativity quite like this Hearts one.

£10k a week allegedly for a striker who if you consider his average goals tally will get them 2 or 3 goals in half a season? And that's only if he isn't finished like Norwich fans are suggesting he is. Lets just say I'm glad we never signed him. We've seen it with Whittaker especially and to a lesser extent Stokes that these big name signings quite often/probably more often than not don't work out the way people think they will.

IlDiavola
18-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Steven Naismith has played 14 and a half full seasons of first team football. That's probably around or possibly even slightly longer than the average pro footballers career. While he may only be 31 it wouldn't surprise me if his legs have gone seeing as he's played first team football since he was 17 - 2 or 3 years earlier than most people do.

He's scored 103 goals in his career. 7 goals a season on average. That average is also bumped up by 2 seasons at Killie when he was an out and out striker where he scored 32 in two seasons. Since leaving Killie ten years ago he is averaging 4.5 goals a season. To put that into perspective, Steven Fletcher has 25 more goals in his career having played at a similar level and is a year younger. And he's absolutely rotten.

He may turn out to be a good signing for Hearts. He might even score the winner on Sunday. But there's no evidence from his career so far that he's going to bang in many goals and I'd bet he's never played in a team with a lack of creativity quite like this Hearts one.

£10k a week allegedly for a striker who if you consider his average goals tally will get them 2 or 3 goals in half a season? And that's only if he isn't finished like Norwich fans are suggesting he is. Lets just say I'm glad we never signed him. We've seen it with Whittaker especially and to a lesser extent Stokes that these big name signings quite often/probably more often than not don't work out the way people think they will.

Some good points and stats there :aok:

wallpaperman
18-01-2018, 04:16 PM
The sense of expectation and entitlement at the PBS is quite staggering based on one signing.

Naismith's going to score 2, they're going to 'rip the vermin', blah blah blah. The last few years have taught them no humility at all, not one bit.

Let's put them in their place on Sunday.

bingo70
18-01-2018, 04:23 PM

Good post.

Also worth remembering he’s not had a good season for a few years now.

There’s no question he’ll bring a massive work ethic with him though and our midfield and defence will need to be aware of that, they won’t be as stand offish in the middle as they maybe have been in a few recent derbies.

(I’m assuming he plays in a deeper role now than an out and out forward, not sure why though?!)

SMAXXA
18-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Anyone saying they wouldn’t be pleased if we signed Naismith is kidding themselves on. We didn’t want him so it is what it is but he’s still a decent player and would have been an improvement on shaw and Big Dave. We don’t actually have that many options up top imo, Stokes and Murray then a young lad and a player who can’t get a sniff.

Since90+2
18-01-2018, 04:32 PM
Anyone saying they wouldn’t be pleased if we signed Naismith is kidding themselves on. We didn’t want him so it is what it is but he’s still a decent player and would have been an improvement on shaw and Big Dave. We don’t actually have that many options up top imo, Stokes and Murray then a young lad and a player who can’t get a sniff.

McLaren?

calumhibee1
18-01-2018, 04:36 PM

I would have been happy enough with us signing him within our wage structure. Not for the 10k a week Hearts are allegedly contributing. And I'd have been happy to sign him because we have Shaw, Stokes and Murray who are all capable of putting the ball in the net which isn't Naismiths strong point. Hearts are signing him to do just that.

Eaststandee
18-01-2018, 04:46 PM
A good player he his, but for anything near 10k I would ******g bolt!

SMAXXA
18-01-2018, 05:04 PM
McLaren?

Oops forgot about him

GreenOnions
18-01-2018, 05:22 PM
I think Naismith is a quality player and a good signing for them.

However - on Sunday they will still be weaker in terms of players than before the transfer window because two of their major players will not be on the pitch - Lafferty and the now departed Walker.

I acknowledge that Levein has made Hearts stronger defensively and difficult to beat. But most observers would agree that we deserved to win both games so far this season - despite only picking up four points out of six. We played the better football, created more chances and generally had more creativity in our side - even when Walker and Lafferty were available.

Naismith will help them on Sunday if he's fit to play but evidence this season would indicate that we still have better players and, if we perform, we should win.

LustForLeith
18-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know for certain how much he's on?!

I like Naismith. Always gives 100 per cent, does loads for charity and will probably score a few goals.

Hopefully none on Sunday

HoboHarry
18-01-2018, 05:26 PM

I like Naismith. Always gives 100 per cent, does loads for charity and will probably score a few goals.

Hopefully none on Sunday
Probably around half a dozen on .net and at least 12 on Yakback. Don't read anything into the fact that they all say different amounts though.......:greengrin

mowgli
18-01-2018, 05:33 PM

Hopefully none on Sunday

No but the reports stated that Naismith was willing to contribute to the 10k a week Norwich were wanting towards his wages.

Tornadoes70
18-01-2018, 05:38 PM
No but the reports stated that Naismith was willing to contribute to the 10k a week Norwich were wanting towards his wages.

Next you'll be telling us he's always wanted to play for the yams :rolleyes:

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Deansy
18-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Probably reports originating from JKB !

McD
18-01-2018, 07:00 PM

fletcher also spent a large chunk of his Hibs career playing wide rather than as a striker, and (I think) has spent most of his post Hibs career in the English prem, Naismith had a few years playing for rangers before he went to Everton. There’s even a decent argument to be made that fletch played in worse prem teams (Burnley, wolves and Sunderland) than the Everton team that Naismith was part of.

That said, Naismith has spent the last several years playing against and training with better defenders than he’ll face most weeks in Scotland, so will probably do ok for the yams. At the relative cost though.....?

Eaststandee
18-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Probably reports originating from JKB !

You would imagine if it was anything under 5k Kilmarnock wouldn't have bowed out instantly after hearing his wage demands.

bigwheel
18-01-2018, 07:16 PM
You would imagine if it was anything under 5k Kilmarnock wouldn't have bowed out instantly after hearing his wage demands.

I reckon Killie's top wage will be around 1.5 per week

Stevie Reid
18-01-2018, 07:17 PM

I would've thought well under a grand a week. 800 tops. Just a guess though.

bigwheel
18-01-2018, 07:19 PM
I would've thought well under a grand a week. 800 tops. Just a guess though.

you're probably right...was thinking they may have afforded one "outlier"..

oneone73
18-01-2018, 07:21 PM
you're probably right...was thinking they may have afforded one "outlier"..

They've got one. Molumbu.

Eaststandee
18-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Yeah but they obviously felt that they could have splashed out on a marquee signing, and negotiated from 5k, anything above that and they would have had to just say not a chance straight away, which they did.

bigwheel
18-01-2018, 07:22 PM
They've got one. Molumbu.

:aok:

mjhibby
18-01-2018, 07:25 PM

Hopefully none on Sunday

Who cares. He's certainly hasn't played for 5 months so he hasn't contributed at all. Funny nobody has enquired why he wasn't involved in a poor Norwich team or why only hertz and Killie came in for him.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Stokes and Swanson too i'm told if we can get any takers.

:fire: no smoke without fire, and i posted the above 2 days ago.

Tornadoes70
18-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Who cares. He's certainly hasn't played for 5 months so he hasn't contributed at all. Funny nobody has enquired why he wasn't involved in a poor Norwich team or why only hertz and Killie came in for him.

:top marks

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Bostonhibby
18-01-2018, 08:45 PM

Wee quote lifted directly off Vital Canaries Forum.

yellow belly - 18/1/2018 15:34

Good to hear that Nai**** has been spotted at Hearts to have his medical there .

It is INCREDIBLE that this guy is on £30,000 A WEEK ..... yes , a week at Norwich and that we will have to pay three quarters of his his weekly wage for him to play for someone else . That is £22,500 a week . What sort of Board do we have that runs our club like this ? No wonder we can’t afford to buy players

Just to end my post ..... Thanks for nothing Naismith while you bleed our club dry . Eff off and never return to the Fine City
:****off:

Well said young man . would buy you a pint if I was there, trouble is we are still paying money, we need to give him away as no one is going to buy him,

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20207&start=256&posts=263#ixzz54ZiJzXR0

hibbyfraelibby
19-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Now being reported The Sevconians have upped offer for Docherty to £600k...have they stopped paying Hector again?

Ronniekirk
19-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Now being reported The Sevconians have upped offer for Docherty to £600k...have they stopped paying Hector again?

Think if sell on clause that will be enough to tempt Hamilton to let him go unless they playhard ball and hope to get another hike

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 10:28 AM

He's heading down South next week.

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Goncalvez heading to some Uzbekistan team, supposedly for 500k!!!

RedHibby
23-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Goncalvez heading to some Uzbekistan team, supposedly for 500k!!!

Are you sure that is not £500.

stokesmessiah
23-01-2018, 09:42 PM
I presume if Sevco sign Jason Cummings, we will get a sell on?

Sammy7nil
23-01-2018, 09:57 PM

I presume sevco would have to buy him first and would get part of that fee.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:24 PM

Percentage of the profit. =£2.50

Brightside
24-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Ross County get Harry Souttar on a loan deal. Very good player.

one day maybe...
24-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Docherty done deal to the sevco apparently according to the record

Unseen work
25-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Rangers announce Greg Docherty. Another very good signing.

Michael
25-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Rangers announce Greg Docherty. Another very good signing.

Bit annoying that we keep missing the boat on these types of player. Should have gone for him in the summer or earlier.

Brightside
25-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Bit annoying that we keep missing the boat on these types of player. Should have gone for him in the summer or earlier.

With what? We don't have money to buy anyone.

Firestarter
25-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Liverpool sign a Falkirk wonderkid wanted by Man Utd and Barca too apparently. Why they are punting their youth system makes no sense, in fact for a club such as Falkirk and I hated that prick Houston the sfa should invest considering the amount of players they have brought through since Yogi and Craig set it up. Falkirk fans hate both them too, mental.

Firestarter
25-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Cummings money been invested in bitcoins? Here's hoping.

Record season tickets, cup runs, no money?

Stuart93
25-01-2018, 09:15 PM

With our scouting system/recruitment team, maybe we should be identifying these players before they become so well known 👀

The_Horde
25-01-2018, 09:20 PM
With our scouting system/recruitment team, maybe we should be identifying these players before they become so well known 👀

What we need to do is hire the guys who scout these players.

Heisenberg
25-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Rangers are paying a total of about 600k for him. We don’t pay that kind of money, even if we went in for him earlier we’d have no chance.

ancient hibee
25-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Rangers will be paying it up of course,more fool Hamilton for allowing it.

jacomo
25-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Der Hun hawking Moreles. Rodgers can’t stop talking about Dembele.

Will these clubs make the big sale this window?

CMurdoch
26-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Der Hun hawking Moreles. Rodgers can’t stop talking about Dembele.

Will these clubs make the big sale this window?

No

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 06:25 AM

You would hope Hamilton told them to ****off with that - cant imagine Hamilton agreeing to that considering the whole fraud thing and them being desperate for hard cash :dunno:

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2018, 07:06 AM
You would hope Hamilton told them to ****off with that - cant imagine Hamilton agreeing to that considering the whole fraud thing and them being desperate for hard cash :dunno:Majority of transfers are done over time, this will be no different.

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Looks like Kyle Laughatme could be offski - Sunderland sniffing around

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Looks like Kyle Laughatme could be offski - Sunderland sniffing aroundThat would make sense given they have splashed out on Naismith

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 08:40 AM

Not sure why? They go down the plug and form again they pay sporting debts regardless.

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Looks like Kyle Laughatme could be offski - Sunderland sniffing around

Sunderlands recruitment policy is absolutely shocking. League 1 there they go.

Souter96Mac
26-01-2018, 08:44 AM
sunderlands recruitment policy is absolutely shocking. League 2 there they go.

ftfy ;)

Aldo
26-01-2018, 08:44 AM
That would make sense given they have splashed out on Naismith

But they are also losing Goncalves. So if laughable ad then Isma going they are chasing the cash

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Sunderlands recruitment policy is absolutely shocking. League 1 there they go.

Feel sorry for the Mackems

Aldo
26-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Feel sorry for the Mackems

I don’t! I’d be more than happy to see them relegated once again!

Souter96Mac
26-01-2018, 08:51 AM
But they are also losing Goncalves. So if laughable ad then Isma going they are chasing the cash

Or Levein is prepping the squad for another 4-6-0

JimBHibees
26-01-2018, 08:53 AM

Agree especially with Martin Bain ex rangers in charge. Wonder how his villa in france is getting on.

Stokesy's on fire
26-01-2018, 08:53 AM

they will be hoping to free up wages to cover NaeRangersanymoresmith's wages. Isma is crap they won't miss him.

Aldo
26-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Agree especially with Martin Bain ex rangers in charge. Wonder how his villa in france is getting on.

Ha really. I was saying that from a different perspective, with me following Newcastle. [emoji51]

Aldo
26-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Or Levein is prepping the squad for another 4-6-0

Could well be!

GillyHibee
26-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Not the team as such, but the fans. They have had it **** for so long :confused:

Stuart93
26-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Aberdeen sign devlin from Hamilton, very good signing. Makes a difference when transfer fee's they receive goes back into the playing squad.

Zazu62
26-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts doing all the talking in this window

The_Horde
26-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Aberdeen sign devlin from Hamilton, very good signing. Makes a difference when transfer fee's they receive goes back into the playing squad.

Are Hamilton having a car boot sale?

Stuart93
26-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Aye but you don't get invited unless you've got ambition

Thecat23
26-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Hearts? Let go of Walker and Isma. Brought in Naismith yet to see how that pans out. Mitchell I thought looked good. New guy injury prone 1 goal in 67 games. If that was us this place would be in melt down.

Only team who has brought in better is The Rangers! Ourselves have brought a striker and a RB so let’s net get carried away. Hearts also letting couple other fringe players go.

snooky
26-01-2018, 12:28 PM

I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of business from Hibs'. I know we've got a couple of loans and the Stokes and Swanson situations are causing hurdles but ...... we could do with a cherry being pulled out the pie to give us a bit of a lift.
Doesn't help when you see your rivals strengthening their squads.

Conrad Gray
26-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Do they not have a 750000 hole in their finances after being conned? I think they might need to sell to stay afloat?

Elephant Stone
26-01-2018, 12:32 PM
I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of business from Hibs'. I know we've got a couple of loans and the Stokes and Swanson situations are causing hurdles but ...... we could do with a cherry being pulled out the pie to give us a bit of a lift.
Doesn't help when you see your rivals strengthening their squads.

How many players do you reckon we should be signing this window? We've signed a goalie and a right back, it looks pretty certain we'll be signing a striker and Lennon seems to be wanting a creative midfielder.

JimBHibees
26-01-2018, 12:32 PM
How many players do you reckon we should be signing this window? We've signed a goalie and a right back, it looks pretty certain we'll be signing a striker and Lennon seems to be wanting a creative midfielder.

Also signed McLaren.

Heisenberg
26-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Aberdeen paying out for another signing. They certainly re-invest in their squad when they receive transfer fees. We’ve got a fair bit of catching up to do on them.

Stuart93
26-01-2018, 12:38 PM

All loan signings though which don't help us for the future. We're going to have to strengthen all of these areas again in the summer.

Ozyhibby
26-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Aberdeen paying out for another signing. They certainly re-invest in their squad when they receive transfer fees. We’ve got a fair bit of catching up to do on them.

Wonder if we’ll do the same if we get a fee for McGinn?

Stevie Reid
26-01-2018, 12:44 PM
All loan signings though which don't help us for the future. We're going to have to strengthen all of these areas again in the summer.

Which is a much better time to do it.

Stuart93
26-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Which is a much better time to do it.

That's true but maybe RB aside, this should've been addressed last summer no? We all knew we still needed a goalscorer before the season started.

Stevie Reid
26-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Extremely unusual signing, paying money for someone recovering from a cruciate injury!

Elephant Stone
26-01-2018, 12:49 PM

Making signings for the long term in January rarely happens. Players' contracts don't run out in January and teams don't want to let go of their best players half way through a season.