Yas post #1000

Loser haha

Springbank
10-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Awe one out 😞

Simon Murray?

GreenPJ
10-01-2018, 08:46 AM
We don't really have time to develop at the moment, when we were in the championship it was a good opportunity to develop players like Boyle and Murray but now we're back in the SPL and are pressing for a top 4 finish, players like Murray will be left behind so to speak as we aim higher. Boyle as has been given the chance to develop and has turned into a key player for us gaining an extra 2 year deal, if we had got Murray 2 years ago I'm sure he'd be an important player for us now.

So why are we giving Shaw a game - that is all about development and a risk. I think if you had asked most Hibs fans when we first signed Murray after 6 months what would he have achieved I don't think many/any would have expected him to be top scorer and have the number of goals he has.

No doubt there is a lot of development for Murray but his half season report card for me would be he has shown promise, has exceeded expectations in some areas and need to focus on some other areas if he is to continue to develop at the rate he has so far.

Unless we are getting offered good money or the replacement is significantly better I think it is far too soon to be showing him the door (if that is indeed the case).

GreenCastle
10-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Would be odd Murray leaving and Big Davey staying.

Unless Murray is pushing the move ?

Really want him to stay unless we have better lined up.

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 08:53 AM
We don't really have time to develop at the moment, when we were in the championship it was a good opportunity to develop players like Boyle and Murray but now we're back in the SPL and are pressing for a top 4 finish, players like Murray will be left behind so to speak as we aim higher. Boyle as has been given the chance to develop and has turned into a key player for us gaining an extra 2 year deal, if we had got Murray 2 years ago I'm sure he'd be an important player for us now.

First bits rubbish.

Developing players is constant ongoing process. Shaw/Porteous are developing. Shaws now getting game time and doing well, he will develop.

Why would we spend soo much time/effort/money into developing good youngsters if they werent going to make it to the first team and develop there?

MyJo
10-01-2018, 09:09 AM
So why are we giving Shaw a game - that is all about development and a risk. I think if you had asked most Hibs fans when we first signed Murray after 6 months what would he have achieved I don't think many/any would have expected him to be top scorer and have the number of goals he has.

No doubt there is a lot of development for Murray but his half season report card for me would be he has shown promise, has exceeded expectations in some areas and need to focus on some other areas if he is to continue to develop at the rate he has so far.

Unless we are getting offered good money or the replacement is significantly better I think it is far too soon to be showing him the door (if that is indeed the case).

:agree: The guy was playing Junior level football 4 years ago and now he is playing for one of the top 5 teams in the country.

He wasn't signed as a star player like Stokes was, he was signed as a player with good attributes and development potential.

Yes he gets caught offside a lot just now but can you imagine how deadly he could be once his game intelligence improves and he learns to hold his line and time his runs a bit better. Once he has a better understanding with his team-mates so they know what each other will do and can play a through ball accordingly.

That takes more than 6 months to develop and so far Murray has been doing far better than anybody could have expected from him IMO.

MrSmith
10-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Simon Murray?

Hope not.

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2018, 09:29 AM
I'd be baffled if Murray leaves. He's our top scorer and gives us something different. Really cant see it but no smoke without fire!

flash
10-01-2018, 09:33 AM
I'd be baffled if Murray leaves. He's our top scorer and gives us something different. Really cant see it but no smoke without fire!

No smoke without fire. This forum is full of wind and pish every transfer window with everyone hanging on every word from posters who are wrong far more often than they are right.
No idea about Simon Murray but neither do most of the people who claim they do know.

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2018, 09:34 AM
No smoke without fire. This forum is full of wind and pish every transfer window with everyone hanging on every word from posters who are wrong far more often than they are right.
No idea about Simon Murray but neither do most of the people who claim they do know.

True

J-C
10-01-2018, 09:50 AM

First bits rubbish.

Developing players is constant ongoing process. Shaw/Porteous are developing. Shaws now getting game time and doing well, he will develop.

Why would we spend soo much time/effort/money into developing good youngsters if they werent going to make it to the first team and develop there?

Shaw and Porteous are young players who have came through the Dev squad, hence why they are being introduced gradually to the 1st team, as with Ben Stirling who's been brought into the main squad in Portugal.

I don't want to see Murray leave and as I've said it's all rumour and conjecture but if there's any truth in it we have to ask why he's being allowed to leave if indeed he is.

Is he unhappy that he's dropped down the pecking order and game time for him looks even less likely.
Is he not developing quick enough for Lennon and is being left behind, he's 25 now.
Is any potential move financially better for him and us, if we get a small fee and he doubles his wage, everyone is happy.

Or is it just silly season again and nothing at all is happening, while this happens we all chat on here speculating the ups and downs of any potential move, it's what football forums are about.

Souter96Mac
10-01-2018, 09:50 AM
It seems as if all 5 strikers could be staying this window then, going by the similar lineup we had for the friendly yesterday. Despite all the media talk that Big Dave had been told he can leave, it seems Lennon still has him in his plans. He's with the squad in Portugal and continuing to play in games. I would've thought if he was deemed surplus to requirement that he would be nowhere near the starting lineup. Could be wrong by the end of the window, but we'll see.

Dinkydoo
10-01-2018, 09:53 AM

Dinkydoo
10-01-2018, 09:55 AM
No idea about Simon Murray but neither do most of the people who claim they do know.I don't think that's really fair to the likes of TheCat (there are others too) who post up almost every piece of Hibs transfer news they hear and generally are right about player movement, even if every deal doesn't go through.

As for Simon Murray, seems to be a few different rumours going round which would suggest that him going on loan or moving totally is not out-with the realms of possibility.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

seanoheimhin
10-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Think it would be crazy to let him go unless A) we got a decent fee AND B) Lennon has someone else in mind to come in.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Maclaren can do, but odds are he'll be off at the end of the season. With that in mind, it would be strange to let Murray go without a replacement.

Iain G
10-01-2018, 09:58 AM
:agree: The guy was playing Junior level football 4 years ago and now he is playing for one of the top 5 teams in the country.

He wasn't signed as a star player like Stokes was, he was signed as a player with good attributes and development potential.

Yes he gets caught offside a lot just now but can you imagine how deadly he could be once his game intelligence improves and he learns to hold his line and time his runs a bit better. Once he has a better understanding with his team-mates so they know what each other will do and can play a through ball accordingly.

That takes more than 6 months to develop and so far Murray has been doing far better than anybody could have expected from him IMO.

And he has scored some impressive and important goals for us in that 6 months, would be a bit surprised if he moved on now?!

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 09:59 AM
I might be alone in this but Simon Murray has been murder for last couple.of months. Really not been that impressed with him at all recently...even when he has come on as sub in last 2 games before break he done absolutely nowt to suggest he should be starting ahead of oli Shaw. Take his betfred cup goals against lower league opposition away and he has only scored 6 goals. I'm pretty sure if he is going it's because Lennon has someone better in mind. Don't really get all the angst on here...he hasn't really kicked a ball for us in 2 months

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
10-01-2018, 10:04 AM
I might be alone in this but Simon Murray has been murder for last couple.of months. Really not been that impressed with him at all recently...even when he has come on as sub in last 2 games before break he done absolutely nowt to suggest he should be starting ahead of oli Shaw. Take his betfred cup goals against lower league opposition away and he has only scored 6 goals. I'm pretty sure if he is going it's because Lennon has someone better in mind. Don't really get all the angst on here...he hasn't really kicked a ball for us in 2 months

What would be the point of that exercise, exactly?

Col2
10-01-2018, 10:04 AM
I am guessing but given our focus continues to be about quality over quantity then we might need to move some players out to get better in.

So IF we are looking at Mallen or Docherty or an experienced striker (like a Naismith) then we will need some trade off.

The sale of SJM is probably the only transaction that can give us far more flexibility and assuming this is not certain in January, we would need to make choices to create budget and headroom.

Just my take on it and shouldn’t be seen as a slight against Murray who is a solid player.

Stuart93
10-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Loser haha

Had to be done

flash
10-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I don't think that's really fair to the likes of TheCat (there are others too) who post up almost every piece of Hibs transfer news they hear and generally are right about player movement, even if every deal doesn't go through.

As for Simon Murray, seems to be a few different rumours going round which would suggest that him going on loan or moving totally is not out-with the realms of possibility.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just my opinion.

Mikey09
10-01-2018, 10:34 AM
I wouldn’t be betting on that. More than a couple of folk who have been bang on have now said he’ll be off. Of course until deals are done its rumours but I think he’s gone myself it won’t be long now either.

If true I think this would be a huge mistake from Hibs.

MyJo
10-01-2018, 10:38 AM

He's only scored one less goal than Stokes has in the league and Stokes has had far more time on the pitch than him.

Why you would want to take away the fact he scored plenty against lower league opposition as well i have no idea as that is something a lot of our players, other than Cummings, failed to do consistently over the last 3 seasons

stantonhibby
10-01-2018, 10:49 AM
What would be the point of that exercise, exactly?

They don't count apparently......same with Stokes.....only his goals from open play count.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 11:31 AM
He's only scored one less goal than Stokes has in the league and Stokes has had far more time on the pitch than him.

Why you would want to take away the fact he scored plenty against lower league opposition as well i have no idea as that is something a lot of our players, other than Cummings, failed to do consistently over the last 3 seasonsHe's an average striker at this level but if we want the club to aim for better...And I know I do then sentiment doesn't come in to it and he might well be moved on to get better in. I don't see an issue with that tbh

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 11:34 AM
What would be the point of that exercise, exactly?The issue is we are dominating games and not scoring enough goals as a team. Many on here have moaned for weeks about this issue.

So minus league cup goals against lower league teams...Murray is our top scored with 6...therein lies the problem.

I don't mind Murray as a striker he is decent but we need better if we won't to aim for top 3 as a club...so if this is Lennon taking steps to better us...I'm all for it

Golden Bear
10-01-2018, 11:45 AM
I wouldn’t be betting on that. More than a couple of folk who have been bang on have now said he’ll be off. Of course until deals are done its rumours but I think he’s gone myself it won’t be long now either.

But there again there are other itk folk who are saying that there is absolutely no substance to the Murray rumours and personally I am hoping that the latter is correct!

Lago
10-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Hasn't kicked a ball in 2 months, behave yourself, there are one or two others who could fall into that category using your measurements.

Golden Bear
10-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Hasn't kicked a ball in 2 months, behave yourself, there are one or two others who could fall into that category using your measurements.

:agree:

We don't create enough chances from the midfield area, therein lies the real problem.

Lago
10-01-2018, 12:02 PM
The issue is we are dominating games and not scoring enough goals as a team. Many on here have moaned for weeks about this issue.

So minus league cup goals against lower league teams...Murray is our top scored with 6...therein lies the problem.

I don't mind Murray as a striker he is decent but we need better if we won't to aim for top 3 as a club...so if this is Lennon taking steps to better us...I'm all for it

Just what is it your trying to say? you point out the team is not scoring enough goals, Murray is our top scorer yet you are singling him out individually as the problem. How does anyone know if Lennon is taking steps to move him on. Pure speculation.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Hasn't kicked a ball in 2 months, behave yourself, there are one or two others who could fall into that category using your measurements.There are...still doesn't change my opinion he hasn't performed so well lately

Lago
10-01-2018, 12:06 PM

We don't create enough chances from the midfield area, therein lies the real problem.

Spot on, but not if you believe some of nonsense that passes for footballing insite on here.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Just what is it your trying to say? you point out the team is not scoring enough goals, Murray is our top scorer yet you are singling him out individually as the problem. How does anyone know if Lennon is taking steps to move him on. Pure speculation.You really do enjoy jumping on every post of mine don't you - do you think 6 premier league goals is a good enough return at this stage?? With the amount of chances we create as a team?? And yes I agree with you there are other culprits too such as Stokes and the general lack of goals from our entire midfield. I wasn't singling Murray out but he's is the one that all the rumours are about at the moment

Stevie Reid
10-01-2018, 12:11 PM
The issue is we are dominating games and not scoring enough goals as a team. Many on here have moaned for weeks about this issue.

Turning draws into wins is our biggest problem. Look at Aberdeen - lost as many games as us, and have only scored two more goals than us, whilst conceding three fewer, don't have a player who has scored more than 6 goals for them - yet they are 8 points ahead of us due to winning four more and drawing four less than us. That shows that we are not doing much wrong, they are just more streetwise than us, which is to be expected given that they've been the second best team in Scotland for several years now, and start every season in a position of strength.

The same will come for us too - we have a very good squad with an excellent manager, and we are on the right track. Neither Murray nor anyone else should be singled out as the root of our problems. We will improve collectively.

Lago
10-01-2018, 12:13 PM
You really do enjoy jumping on every post of mine don't you - do you think 6 premier league goals is a good enough return at this stage?? With the amount of chances we create as a team?? And yes I agree with you there are other culprits too such as Stokes and the general lack of goals from our entire midfield. I wasn't singling Murray out but he's is the one that all the rumours are about at the moment

No I don't, but as myjo pointed out he has scored 1less league goal than Stokes yet you seem to be going out of your way to hammer the boys achievements to date. Thats unfair in my opinion and I am happy to contest your assessment of his abilities.

shetlandhibee
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
:top marks:top marks
Turning draws into wins is our biggest problem. Look at Aberdeen - lost as many games as us, and have only scored two more goals than us, whilst conceding three fewer, don't have a player who has scored more than 6 goals for them - yet they are 8 points ahead of us due to winning four more and drawing four less than us. That shows that we are not doing much wrong, they are just more streetwise than us, which is to be expected given that they've been the second best team in Scotland for several years now, and start every season in a position of strength.

The same will come for us too - we have a very good squad with an excellent manager, and we are on the right track. Neither Murray nor anyone else should be singled out as the root of our problems. We will improve collectively.

Lago
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM

This

Ronniekirk
10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
You really do enjoy jumping on every post of mine don't you - do you think 6 premier league goals is a good enough return at this stage?? With the amount of chances we create as a team?? And yes I agree with you there are other culprits too such as Stokes and the general lack of goals from our entire midfield. I wasn't singling Murray out but he's is the one that all the rumours are about at the moment

I think its fair to say his form dipped and then recently he hasn't been getting much game time The Patrick Thistle game away springs to mind Plenty of running and giving his all but very little coming off for him But Stokes had a poor game too that day too
He cant yet consistently produce the form of Rangers away and Hearts at home and if he was Bids would be coming in for him
We still haven't got a partnership up front irrespective of lack of chances created sometimes So Lennon needs to do what he thinks is right to address that
Time will tell if that means sacrificing Murray and then Lennon will be judged on what happens next
But i would still be happy to see him stay and offload Big Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seveno
10-01-2018, 12:26 PM
If Hibs are touting him then they must have a better replacement lined up. Maclaren is only here for six months unless there is a secret option negotiated.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 12:36 PM

The same will come for us too - we have a very good squad with an excellent manager, and we are on the right track. Neither Murray nor anyone else should be singled out as the root of our problems. We will improve collectively.Good post mate pretty much sums up everything to date and like you say turning a few more draws into wins will help

CMurdoch
10-01-2018, 12:38 PM
If Hibs are touting him then they must have a better replacement lined up. Maclaren is only here for six months unless there is a secret option negotiated.

Summer is another transfer window so another striker would be purchased to replace MacLaren

Hibbyradge
10-01-2018, 12:41 PM

There's tons of smoke without fire when it comes to football transfer rumours.

Edit: In fact, it's almost all smoke without fire.

NZ Green
10-01-2018, 12:54 PM
....and start every season in a position of strength.
That's only because Aberdeen begins with an 'A'

NAE NOOKIE
10-01-2018, 02:00 PM
They don't count apparently......same with Stokes.....only his goals from open play count.

If Hibs were linked with a striker with 10 goals this season and over half of them were from the penalty spot would you take that as a barometer of how good a striker he was? Would you think it was good judgment on Hibs part to sign a striker based on the fact that he can take a good penalty? ... I sure as hell wouldn't.

I expect any forward worth his salt to score 4 out of every 5 penalties he takes ... you can only judge a strikers true worth by how many he scores from open play and to a lesser extent how many assists he provides.

MyJo
10-01-2018, 02:43 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/3eb4baa6d3347941ffa6b9ee1ec2bd68/tenor.gif

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Its taken Aberdeen quite a while to get to this position, we are in our first season back after 3 years playing the dross of this country.

We need to walk before we can run, we have the right people at the helm now to achieve this, but we can't expect to be best of the rest overnight.

I'd much rather we were trying to break into the top 3 from our position, than talking about it from a position much weaker.

stantonsboots
10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
I know a lower league club in Scotland have enquired about taking Murray on loan but Hibs aren’t interested

Raith Rovers?

stantonsboots
10-01-2018, 03:28 PM
I've been told there's a chance he going to Raith on loan?

CapitalGreen
10-01-2018, 03:44 PM

Unless it somehow involves Vaughan coming in the opposite direction I can't see it.

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 03:49 PM

I think Hibs would be better selling him than loaning him imo. If they have another striker lined up that is.

HoboHarry
10-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Why in the world would Simon Murray agree to a loan deal to Raith Rovers?

Ronniekirk
10-01-2018, 03:57 PM

He wouldn't

Deansy
10-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Yup, that one baffles me as well !

Afaic, I think we've still not seen the best of Murray and he strikes me as the type of guy who'll bust a gut to improve himself - hopefully he stays with us !

Real Emerald
10-01-2018, 04:46 PM

Yes, I’m struggling to think of the benefits for either him or Hibs. He’d have been better off staying at Utd and what development will he get to improve his game at Raith? If Hibs get an offer for decent money for him and a move abroad for example would benefit him then fair enough. Going to RR seems just daft, can’t see it.

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2018, 05:07 PM
I think he'll play a big part for Hibs between now and the summer.

brog
10-01-2018, 05:09 PM

I think the whole Murray rumour situation is out of control. The only possible way I can see him moving is there's an outstanding offer both for Simon & Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I think the whole Murray rumour situation is out of control. The only possible way I can see him moving is there's an outstanding offer both for Simon & Hibs.

Yup. Would need to be 500k+ to even consider it

hibbyfraelibby
10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Lets get this straight. Simon Murray is going nowhere. The only people who think they know differently are folk repeating the original unverified unsubstantiate unsettling post by a Yam on Keekback ahead of the Cup Tie.

If you are not genuinely in the know behave yourself and if you are ITK then get back to work... you are not in Portugal for a holiday

stantonsboots
10-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Why in the world would Simon Murray agree to a loan deal to Raith Rovers?I agree but the boy who told me heard from a good source! but personally I hope he's talking mince

HoboHarry
10-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Lets get this straight. Simon Murray is going nowhere. The only people who think they know differently are folk repeating the original unverified unsubstantiate unsettling post by a Yam on Keekback ahead of the Cup Tie.

If you are not genuinely in the know behave yourself and if you are ITK then get back to work... you are not in Portugal for a holiday
You tell 'em tiger - getrightintaethum............ :greengrin

HoboHarry
10-01-2018, 05:26 PM
I agree but the boy who told me heard from a good source! but personally I hope he's talking mince
Well I am going to stick my neck out here and suggest your source is talking nonsense. And if it seems like nonsense you are probably wiser not to repeat it.

davhibby
10-01-2018, 05:28 PM
I agree but the boy who told me heard from a good source! but personally I hope he's talking mince

Our top scorer is not leaving to play in League 1.

Unseen work
10-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Never mind the “why would Simon Murray agree go to Raith?”

Why the hell would we agree for Simon Murray go to Raith!!! He is our top goal scorer and a important player in the team for us.

He has already exceeded all of our expectations both in performance and goal return.

He is worth more to us at the club than a small fee

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 05:32 PM

😂 ok boss!!

G B Young
10-01-2018, 05:42 PM
It seems baffling to me that there would even be talk of Murray moving on after just half a season at Hibs. Lennon was delighted to sign him, he got off to an absolute flyer scoring ten goals in something like seven games and some of his goals, in particular those against Hearts, Rangers and Hamilton have been real crackers. For a while he also looked like he was forming a very promising partnership with Stokes. And yet now we're saying he's surplus to requirements?!

I agree he's a bit unpolished and that at 25 he's maybe not got as much time on his side as a raw teenager when it comes to improving his game, but to jettison him would seem foolhardy in the extreme.

AlbertK86
10-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Nonsense we regularly have 15 + shots per game and numerous balls flashed accross the box with no one there to convert them

Deansy
10-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Aberdeen sign Man City midfielder Chidi Nwakali on loan -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-sign-manchester-city-midfielder-chidi-nwakali-on-loan-1-4657991

Hope this means they've dropped any (supposed) interest in Dylan ??

Heisenberg
10-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Aberdeen sign Man City midfielder Chidi Nwakali on loan -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-sign-manchester-city-midfielder-chidi-nwakali-on-loan-1-4657991

Hope this means they've dropped any (supposed) interest in Dylan ??

Doubt it. Dylan can sign a pre contract, probably a target for next season, especially with McLean leaving at the end of his contract as well.

Lago
10-01-2018, 06:35 PM

I thought I was alone in holding the same beliefs as you, thank goodness for a like mind person. Great post!!

Lago
10-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Well I am going to stick my neck out here and suggest your source is talking nonsense. And if it seems like nonsense you are probably wiser not to repeat it.

The thing that bugs me is the way his goals scored out with the league are dismissed as irrelevant, we might not have had a semi final in the league cup.

Golden Bear
10-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Nonsense we regularly have 15 + shots per game and numerous balls flashed accross the box with no one there to convert them

Still far too much crab football and not enough killer pasees being made. I can't argue on the shots per game as I don't count them, I just go on my gut feelings.

McD
10-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Still far too much crab football and not enough killer pasees being made. I can't argue on the shots per game as I don't count them, I just go on my gut feelings.

We can sometimes go back and forth across the edge of the box, whilst the opposition just sit in tight and don’t allow us to play through. Taking a few more shots from a bit further out would make them have to come out a bit more, therefore making it easier to play through them.

bingo70
10-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Hearts signing young Man Utd full back Dmitri Mitchell.

AlbertK86
10-01-2018, 07:59 PM
They’re also recalling Zanetta from his loan at Raith..... replacement for Walker ....Tick Tock

Ronniekirk
10-01-2018, 08:00 PM

So they offload Walker Know Lafferty is suspended and prioritise a Full Back when defence hasn't conceded in six ( Ollie s Ghost Goal ,that was , excepted )

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Didn’t they sign a let back from City in the summer on loan? What happened to him?

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Didn’t they sign a let back from City in the summer on loan? What happened to him?According to EEN going back to city as constantly injured ...must be all the hoofing

HoboHarry
10-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Didn’t they sign a let back from City in the summer on loan? What happened to him?
Ashley Smith Brown - think he is still there. What's with all the players with double barreled names by the way? Shouldn't they be playing cricket or polo?

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 08:11 PM
According to EEN going back to city as constantly injured ...must be all the hoofing

Clearly fed up launching it and thought I’m away 😁

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Ashley Smith Brown - think he is still there. What's with all the players with double barreled names by the way? Shouldn't they be playing cricket or polo?

I’m surprised as it will cost the club more money to print their names on the back of the tops!!

Jonnyboy
10-01-2018, 08:17 PM
They’re also recalling Zanetta from his loan at Raith..... replacement for Walker ....Tick Tock

I was at the Rovers game last Saturday and thought the lad showed flashes of good play but made poor decisions at critical times. He's pacy and plays wide which might be seen by Potter as the answer to hisw lack of width on the pitch.

Northernhibee
10-01-2018, 08:23 PM
I was at the Rovers game last Saturday and thought the lad showed flashes of good play but made poor decisions at critical times. He's pacy and plays wide which might be seen by Potter as the answer to hisw lack of width on the pitch.

Aye, but can he do two footed studs up tackles from behind?

Jonnyboy
10-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Aye, but can he do two footed studs up tackles from behind?

Never tackled anybody in the game but I'm guessing that's why Potter has recalled him now so that the hacking training can begin :greengrin

Spike Mandela
10-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Resident Sevco delusional at my work told me today that Notts Forest hadn’t paid a bean for Jason Cummings so he was moving to Rangers and they in return were giving us O’Halloran as the makeweight in the deal.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Resident Sevco delusional at my work told me today that Notts Forest hadn’t paid a bean for Jason Cummings so he was moving to Rangers and they in return were giving us O’Halloran as the makeweight in the deal.And Scotland is about to become a Protestant unionist homeland with Dave King as de facto monarch.[emoji6]

You heard it here first.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

coldingham hibs
10-01-2018, 09:00 PM

A strange signing considering they are very weak in the leftback position (according to Keekback anyway). A young lad who has not played at a serious competitive level ever (only played youth/reserve football) apart from an end of season kickabout in the first team.

Maybe the lad has potential but surely they should be looking at a seasoned pro in that position.

I’m sure Boyle & Barker will be looking forward to that confrontation 🤔

Springbank
10-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Resident Sevco delusional at my work told me today that Notts Forest hadn’t paid a bean for Jason Cummings so he was moving to Rangers and they in return were giving us O’Halloran as the makeweight in the deal.

Tbf i think hibs would be in clover if that scénario played out, the best deal since we swapped Alex Harris for Martin Boyle

Juice-Terry
10-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Tbf i think hibs would be in clover if that scénario played out, the best deal since we swapped Alex Harris for Martin Boyle

I think I cautiously agree with that... :tin hat:

HibsFife
10-01-2018, 09:31 PM
#bringbackhendo

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 09:34 PM
https://t.co/FyR8mdOwhu

DavidDavidGray
10-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Hope he doesn’t leave. Still our top scorer this season and offers a lot to the team imo.

we are hibs
10-01-2018, 09:42 PM
What's the chances of a story about McGinn coming out next week right before a big game for hibs? That would be a first.

Stuart93
10-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Watch this space. Potential.

Big rejected it appears

Stuart93
10-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Big rejected it appears

Cheers for letting me know

MyJo
10-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Big rejected it appears

Bid rejected with no interest in letting him go from Lennon himself.

Certainly doesn't sound like we are trying to get rid of him or he is going out on loan anywhere.

Stuart93
10-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Bid rejected with no interest in letting him go from Lennon himself.

Certainly doesn't sound like we are trying to get rid of him or he is going out on loan anywhere.

Maybe trying to get more cash out of them

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 09:52 PM
I very much doubt there will be a loan deal anywhere. But I still think he’s going in this window. Press clearly got wind of this after seeing it on here and twitter etc. Hibs make usual statement it’s rejected, then another bid “to good to turn down” comes in and that’s that.

Brightside
10-01-2018, 09:55 PM

A bit different from people saying we wanted rid.

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 09:58 PM

I honestly have no idea if Lennon wants rid but both would sit down and say money for both parties is to good to turn down.

keep the faith
10-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Chat in the article of an enquiry for Fonts. Think that sadly he will leave in January.

Iceman1875
10-01-2018, 10:11 PM
I hope murray stays. I love his honesty, workrate and his genuine enthusiasm for the game and Hibs.

If he goes and he and the Club get a good deal, I’ll certainly wish him all the best.

leither17
10-01-2018, 10:14 PM

Exactly the story I heard on Sunday night when I said maybe Murray would be leaving. I hope he stays though still has more to offer I think

wookie70
10-01-2018, 10:15 PM
A bit different from people saying we wanted rid. Enjoyed reading that and hats off to Lennon and anyone else involved for the signing of Simon Murray. He has been one of the few signings that have shined and I really hope he continues to improve.

CL0762
10-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Chat in the article of an enquiry for Fonts. Think that sadly he will leave in January.

When all the defenders are fit, sadly I don’t see a place for Fonts. Think Porteous has moved ahead of him in the pecking order making it even more difficult for him to get gametime.

Hibbyradge
10-01-2018, 10:40 PM
What's the chances of a story about McGinn coming out next week right before a big game for hibs? That would be a first.

I don't care if he's gay, but announcing it before a big game like that is a bold move.

Good for him.

Hibby70
10-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Well I'll wear rainbow laces as a sign of support for his bravery in such an environment.

Edit: too slow - we should have a loyalty system to determine who can make a joke first

J-C
10-01-2018, 10:53 PM

I can't remember anyone saying we wanted rid, there were a couple of posters who said a bid from Turkey had came in and thought he might be away, the article suggest we've knocked back a first bid and Lennon states we'll be keeping Simon unless another bid comes in that makes them think, which suggests they'll sell if the money is right.

G B Young
10-01-2018, 11:09 PM
A strange signing considering they are very weak in the leftback position (according to Keekback anyway). A young lad who has not played at a serious competitive level ever (only played youth/reserve football) apart from an end of season kickabout in the first team.

Maybe the lad has potential but surely they should be looking at a seasoned pro in that position.

I’m sure Boyle & Barker will be looking forward to that confrontation 🤔

Allisbarry putting his usual spin on this to convince the yams they've landed a world beater. Seems he was wowed by the rented training facilities at Riccarton:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-in-loan-deal-for-manchester-united-s-demetri-mitchell-1-4658345

The_Horde
10-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Allisbarry putting his usual spin on this to convince the yams they've landed a world beater. Seems he was wowed by the rented training facilities at Riccarton:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-in-loan-deal-for-manchester-united-s-demetri-mitchell-1-4658345

Boy looks a good player going by the old YouTube. Doesn't seem to be a left back only though.. seems to pop up in midfield on both sides.

Johnny_Leith
10-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Highly doubt he's a better left back than Kieran Tierney, who Boyler gives a tough time regularly.

10-01-2018, 11:37 PM

When they get a prospective signing there, they are maybe like the fans are and make out they own the Oriam. Jamie MacLaren having family in Edinburgh probably saw through this straight away. Or maybe they got kicked off a pitch by a woman's hockey team when they were showing him round.

Deansy
11-01-2018, 12:43 AM

Putting lipstick on the latest Jambo-pig has always been 'All-is's job after they saw his CV which apparently includes the line -

'I will gladly dump all & any self-respect, pride & decency in order to please my future Master'

At least he's stuck to his word ..........

Smartie
11-01-2018, 06:55 AM

"I saw the end of a training session where they seemed to be doing lots of running whilst Mr Levein shouted "hoof" a lot.

Then they were booted off the pitch by the women's hockey team.

I got to go for a barry wee game of Badminton with a fit Second year business student from the Philippines.

Then I had a night out with the rugby third team where we all had to dip our genitals in our pints.

To be honest, I'd often wondered what made Aaron Hughes and Kyle Lafferty want to come here, but now I know.

At all our other clubs we just have to train to be professional footballers."

Stuart93
11-01-2018, 07:01 AM

Strange, he must watch the player every week, he seems to know him well

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 07:02 AM
Two left backs on loan? Thats a good signing policy

Onion
11-01-2018, 07:20 AM

Shoring up the left back position makes complete sense for a team that has shipped zero goals in last 6 games, and scored zero goals in last 270 mins of hoofball. Potter doing what he knows best :thumbsup:

neil7908
11-01-2018, 07:34 AM

The Scotsman also saying they're after a forward from Holland. It'll come as no surprise that's he's 6ft 4ins!

GlesgaeHibby
11-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Boy looks a good player going by the old YouTube. Doesn't seem to be a left back only though.. seems to pop up in midfield on both sides.

If Football Manager is anything to go by they're onto a winner. Signed him on loan initially for my Hibs career, consistently good and scored a good few free kicks too. Hopefully the FM statto got this boy wildly wrong!

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 07:36 AM
The Scotsman also saying they're after a forward from Holland. It'll come as no surprise that's he's 6ft 4ins!Shocker...another giraffe to lead the line and get on the end of all those Hooofs

Golden Bear
11-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Now here's a surprise.

"Hearts are in talks with Dutch club Go Ahead Eagles about a potential deal for 6ft 4in striker Leon de Kogel. "

From the beeb gossip site.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Now here's a surprise.

"Hearts are in talks with Dutch club Go Ahead Eagles about a potential deal for 6ft 4in striker Leon de Kogel. "

Shock

Souter96Mac
11-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Scotsman reporting bid for Murray was six figure. This was on their twitter, it had the link to the article but on there I don't think there was any particular mention of the fee.

Scottie
11-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Shocker...another giraffe to lead the line and get on the end of all those Hooofs

I'll give you a bet he'll end up looking like Gladstone Small by the end of the season :wink:

Tornadoes70
11-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Shocker...another giraffe to lead the line and get on the end of all those Hooofs

:top marks

The Harry Potter impressionist's signings are entirely predictable as are how they will set up in their normal hack and hoof style.

jodjam
11-01-2018, 08:37 AM
I'll give you a bet he'll end up looking like Gladstone Small by the end of the season :wink:

Haha a man who could never be accused of having a brass neck

Just Jimmy
11-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Mitchell is a good player and highly rated by Utd and Utd fans who watch the reserves and youth team regularly. However he is very technical so maybe Utd have sent him to them to toughen him up a bit.

I'd have been more than happy for us to have signed him, however he would be unlikely to play as Lewis is hardly ever out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
11-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Now here's a surprise.

The boys lack of height shouldn't be a problem as Potters got a reputation for developing players so he'll be 7ft in no time.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Vary rarely do youngsters on loan from English clubs come up to the Premiership and do well. Brandon Barker is doing reasonably well with us at least.

allezsauzee
11-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Hopefully the lad does as well as the left back they have on loan from Man City

bingo70
11-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Vary rarely do youngsters on loan from English clubs come up to the Premiership and do well. Brandon Barker is doing reasonably well with us at least.

I think the problem with these young guys is the consistency. Wingers and forwards can have a poor game and it’s put down to their age and the fact they’re still learning. If a midfielder or defender has a poor game the chances are the team will lose, or at least concede goals.

snooky
11-01-2018, 10:13 AM
I think the problem with these young guys is the consistency. Wingers and forwards can have a poor game and it’s put down to their age and the fact they’re still learning. If a midfielder or defender has a poor game the chances are the team will lose, or at least concede goals.

We have the same problems with some of our old guys too. :coffee:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Where do we still need to strengthen?

coldingham hibs
11-01-2018, 10:22 AM

Barker has done okay but he had already been loaned out to decent clubs and had a bit game time. This lad hasn’t played anywhere, it doesn’t mean he won’t turn out to be great but it’s a risk.

highland hibbee
11-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Wake up! Scotland arent that good! No better than Australia and this kinda arrogance and belief is pish.

And exactly why Scottish football is where it now is.
Talk about the teams Australia have to beat, you can only beat what’s put in front of you. Some of our International teams recent results leave a lot to be desired.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2018, 10:30 AM

If big dave goes do we need that option of Big Target Man Lack of scoring direct from corners says would be good option to have
We need contingency plan for Mcginn going
Swanson needs to be given opportunity to be our scoring midfielder before we look to bring in Someone else in , as in the Summer we could be looking at Mcginn and Mcgeouch going and Bartley is bound to attract interest if has a good second half to the Season
Unless there are Departures probably only one other addition to Squad

neil7908
11-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Big Dave to go and Big Dave 2.0 (an upgraded version) to come in.

An attacking midfielder with an eye for goal.

If Fontaine goes possibly some cover in defence.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 11:15 AM

Ryan Mcgivern done ok for us until he signed permanently. But my "favourite" all time favourite loan from the Premiership has to be Daniel Boateng. Captain of the Arsenal reserves team. On par with Rowan Vine as the worst player to pull on a Hibs shirt. Then there was the Newcastle striker that never played a single game for us.

Just Jimmy
11-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Ryan Mcgivern done ok for us until he signed permanently. But my "favourite" all time favourite loan from the Premiership has to be Daniel Boateng. Captain of the Arsenal reserves team. On par with Rowan Vine as the worst player to pull on a Hibs shirt. Then there was the Newcastle striker that never played a single game for us.and the dud from chelsea under stubbs.

some work. some don't.

bingo70
11-01-2018, 11:24 AM
and the dud from chelsea under stubbs.

some work. some don't.

That rings a bell but for the life of me I can’t think of who you mean?

Humo
11-01-2018, 11:25 AM
That rings a bell but for the life of me I can’t think of who you mean?Islam feruz

JDHibs
Ryan Mcgivern done ok for us until he signed permanently. But my "favourite" all time favourite loan from the Premiership has to be Daniel Boateng. Captain of the Arsenal reserves team. On par with Rowan Vine as the worst player to pull on a Hibs shirt. Then there was the Newcastle striker that never played a single game for us.

Phil Airey?

Came up with a decent rep, got injured, never seen again.

Boateng was horrific!

MrSmith

some dude who left Celtic in a hurry?

I think the Newcastle player was Phil Air or Airey?

Hibee87

I am sure Ryan McGivern had been out on loan at other teams and had considerable amount of games under his belt. Not sure how old he was though.

But yea, Daniel Boateng was the name that sprung to my mind. Very Highly rated at Arsenal and as you said was a captain of their youth set up, and he was pretty pish.

IAmLee
11-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Ah Boateng, the only centre half I've ever seen duck out the way of the ball!!

.Sean.
11-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Phil Airey? Sure he played once, away at Rugby Park?

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I am sure Ryan McGivern had been out on loan at other teams and had considerable amount of games under his belt. Not sure how old he was though.

But yea, Daniel Boateng was the name that sprung to my mind. Very Highly rated at Arsenal and as you said was a captain of their youth set up, and he was pretty pish.

Boateng was never highly rated at Arsenal, he was never close to the first team. Highly rated Arsenal youngsters go to premier league and championship teams on loan, not Hibs

Mikey

Anderson didn't write that. Someone at Hearts sent it to him and told him to print it.

SirDavidsNapper
Ryan Mcgivern done ok for us until he signed permanently. But my "favourite" all time favourite loan from the Premiership has to be Daniel Boateng. Captain of the Arsenal reserves team. On par with Rowan Vine as the worst player to pull on a Hibs shirt. Then there was the Newcastle striker that never played a single game for us.[emoji23] or that Ngoo at Hearts om loan from Liverpool

.Sean.
Who did we loan Sinclair from? First season under Stubbs. Can't even remember his first name

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Phil Airey? Sure he played once, away at Rugby Park?

That's the one. Apologies, 1 sub appearance :greengrin

stantonhibby
11-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Who did we loan Sinclair from? First season under Stubbs. Can't even remember his first name

Jake......striker from Southampton. Don't recall if he ever played a game for us.

mike1875
11-01-2018, 11:41 AM
and the dud from chelsea under stubbs.

some work. some don't.

You can add Jake Sinclair from Southampton to that list as well.

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2018, 11:41 AM
It can only be good for Simon Murray's confidence if a club as far afield as Turkey is willing to offer a 6 figure sum for him.

I still think Fontaine is well capable of doing a job for us, but if he decides to go back to England we will still have decent cover at CH and he will always be remembered here whatever happens.

That kid the Yams have procured from Man Utd seems on paper to be a decent signing, but as with all of these types of signing the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, kicking about in the English development game is a far cry from an Edinburgh derby and if that's to be his first game its open to question how he will measure up.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Levine saying today they want three players in in time for the derby. They’re panicking.

Haymaker
11-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Levine saying today they want three players in in time for the derby. They’re panicking.

It's January, it's what they do.

bingo70
11-01-2018, 11:48 AM

He’ll sign as many players as Colqhoun wants him to.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 11:48 AM
You can add Jake Sinclair from Southampton to that list as well.

Matthew Kennedy seems to have done ok, but I think Stubbs' system just didn't suit him.

overdrive
11-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Phil Airey?

Boateng was horrific!

Did it not come out that the injury was a cover story for homesickness with Airey? Homesickness at a club only a couple of hours away from his parent club.

It was lucky that Airey got injured/got homesick. We brought Griffiths in as his replacement.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Phil Airey?

Boateng was horrific!

Phil Airey was apparently homesick :confused: as soon as he signed for us. There was talk of him going back to Newcastle before he made his sole appearance. Was no surprise that his next club was Gateshead. Looks like he's never been at a club outwith 50 miles of Newcastle since Hibs!

Diclonius
11-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Never understood why Calderwood persisted for so long in trying to get Airey. It was very clear that he really didn't want to go to us.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Add Duncan Watmore into the mix

But on this one (and probably in other cases) I want to blame the refereeing in this country

Talented, skillful and quick young player allowed to get hacked to bits by the also ran lumps that populate our leagues

JDHibs
11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Add Duncan Watmore into the mix

But on this one (and probably in other cases) I want to blame the refereeing in this country

Talented, skillful and quick young player allowed to get hacked to bits by the also ran lumps that populate our leagues

Was and has been very unlucky with injuries throughout his career.

Just Jimmy
11-01-2018, 12:05 PM
That rings a bell but for the life of me I can’t think of who you mean?I couldn't remember his name either.

wait! Feruz or something?

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 12:14 PM
:top marks

The Harry Potter impressionist's signings are entirely predictable as are how they will set up in their normal hack and hoof style.As predictable as a Scottish summer mate

Jones28
11-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Islam Feruz - by all accounts a great talent but severe attitude problem.

Who on earth is this Sinclair guy? I can't remember a thing about him.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Ah Boateng, the only centre half I've ever seen duck out the way of the ball!!

I dont really have any memory of him? When was he here?

JIm
11-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Matthew Kennedy seems to have done ok, but I think Stubbs' system just didn't suit him.

I'm not sure it was down to tactics. I just think young players need time and consistency in approach from the manager to be able to develop properly. Short term loans work for some, but clearly not for others.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2018, 12:30 PM

he made mickey weir look like a giant, his shorts came down to the bottom of his shins, in fact..he may even have tripped over his shorts

My_Wife_Camille
11-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Played a few games for us in our first season in the championship. Started with Big Dom up front away to Queen of the South

overdrive
11-01-2018, 12:33 PM

He's Scott Sinclair's less talented, vertically challenged younger brother.

overdrive
11-01-2018, 12:35 PM

He was here under Butcher. He rarely played because he was even worse than what we had. He looked like he had never been on a football pitch in his life.

JDHibs
11-01-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure it was down to tactics. I just think young players need time and consistency in approach from the manager to be able to develop properly. Short term loans work for some, but clearly not for others.

You could see Kennedy was talented, but that point we played with a diamond midfield and only 1 winger so he never really got a shot.

Michael
11-01-2018, 12:48 PM
He was here under Butcher. He rarely played because he was even worse than what we had. He looked like he had never been on a football pitch in his life.

Captain of the Arsenal reserves too. I was expecting him to be insane, but he was absolutely brutal.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Jeez, im really struggling to recall him at all. The Calderwood reign is a bit of a blackspot for me, but butchers wasnt even that long ago.

IAmLee
11-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Jeez, im really struggling to recall him at all. The Calderwood reign is a bit of a blackspot for me, but butchers wasnt even that long ago.

What Overdrive said, think he came in Jan along with Haynes and Watmore. He rarely played for us but I think it was away at St Johnstone when he decided to duck out of the way of balls rather than try and head them away.

Lago
11-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Your not alone can't place him either.

Northernhibee
11-01-2018, 01:18 PM

That's how Maulary Martin ended up with a cushy three and a half year contract mind you :greengrin

stantonsboots
11-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Phil Airey? Sure he played once, away at Rugby Park?he was in the squad and warmed up pre-match that was his entire hibs career though!

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Captain of the Arsenal reserves too. I was expecting him to be insane, but he was absolutely brutal.

Boating

Smartie
11-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Losing Neilson, going for Cathro then their transfer windows of last January and the summer have set that club back years. They were actually emerging from their "troubles" quite well until that point.

One of their biggest mistakes in the whole time I have followed football was to make the changes that they did last January.

Awful signings, disrupted a half decent team, all because they panicked in advance of a derby.

If they do this again, it will be absolutely beautiful.

Edinburgh Green
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Daniel Boatang was at Airdrie last season. Awful player!

CMurdoch
11-01-2018, 01:59 PM
After their loan spells at Hibs:

Daniel Boateng - 3 seasons since he left Hibs. 35 games including 20 last season at Airdrie. Played 8 games in Swedish 2nd tier and 7 in 2nd tier in Poland

Phil Airey - Left Hibs in 2011, left Newcastle in 2012, played non league for Gateshead, Blyth Spartans and Whitley Bay. Appears to have left football after 2013/14 season

Jake Sinclair - left Hibs and parent club Southampton at end of 2014/15 season , since then only a small number of non league games for Froome and Hereford.

Matt Kennedy - left Hibs and parent club Everton at end of 2014/15 season and joined Cardiff where he has played 18 games. Has been loan to Port Vale, Plymouth and this season 3rd tier Portsmouth where for the first time he appears to be getting a regular game.

Islam Feruz - Idiot 1st class. Left Hibs at the end of 2015/16 season after making 6 appearances, mostly off the bench. Billy Bigtime next went on trial to a Kazakstahn team and lasted exactly 1 DAY in the Turkish warm weather training camp. Thereafter off to a minor league Belgian team for a season. Was returned to Chelsea on the 7th January after 7 underwhelming games. 11th January sent away to complete season at Swindon. Most eventful thing whilst there was being fined £3,000 for driving his £80,000 Porsche whilst disqualified. Played only 4 games for Swindon and was despatched at the end of the season by both Swindon and a no doubt delighted Chelsea. Not seen since.

Speedway
11-01-2018, 02:31 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-send-loanee-jake-sinclair-back-to-southampton-1-3658279

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSV_ABL3Ebo

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Hearts close to singing Naismith if Sky is to be believed. Would be some signing but I still think he’ll end up at the Huns somehow.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Hearts close to singing Naismith if Sky is to be believed. Would be some signing but I still think he’ll end up at the Huns somehow.Just seen that more or less said they have agreed wages for a loan deal

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Just seen that more or less said they have agreed wages for a loan deal

I got the impression they’re buying out his contract for a fee. Either way, good signing.

EDIT: Didn’t realise he was on 40k a week. Probably not buying him if that’s the case.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
I got the impression they’re buying out his contract for a fee. Either way, good signing.Will be for them...I agree with you tho...more likely to end up back at der hun

Fuzzywuzzy
11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Going by kickback we only signed McLaren as revenge for lafferty and the een interview is evidence had rather be there. Also they're close to getting naismith??

Diclonius
11-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Steven Naismith would be an incredible signing for Hearts.

Albanian Hibs
11-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Why would Naismith sign for Hertz? Seriously?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Hearts close to singing Naismith if Sky is to be believed. Would be some signing but I still think he’ll end up at the Huns somehow.

A cracking signing for them if it comes off.

weecounty hibby
If they sign Naismith that will be the best signing of the season. He'll do really well there and is still a quality player. Hope it's BS

Leith's finest
Not going to read 40 pages, but i'm sure I read we were interested in ex hearts player Adam King? He went to Swansea Or maybe I just heard pub talk when a bit drunk

weecounty hibby
11-01-2018, 04:55 PM
How would they pay for that though. Apparently Norwich want anyone taking him to pay at least 10k per week of his wages. Surely way out of their reach??

Gordy M
11-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Naismith is one of the most overrated players ever to pull on a Scotland jersey. The money they will be spending on him, id be gutted if that was us. He is awful. I hope they blow their full budget on him.

Thecat23
11-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Naismith is past it?

we are hibs
11-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Naismith is a nippy wee dirty player. A bit like John Baird but better. He'd make me more nervous than coming up against a dud like lafferty

Gordy M
11-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Nope youre not mate......totally overrated and found out st Norwich. Hope they give him 10k a week.

bingo70
11-01-2018, 04:57 PM
If they sign Naismith that will be the best signing of the season. He'll do really well there and is still a quality player. Hope it's BS

Calm down.

Good player no doubt but let’s not get carried away, he’s a hard worker but nothing special imo.

If he was as good as you say he wouldn’t be getting released by Norwich, better teams than Hearts would want him and he’d start for Scotland more regularly than he does.

Michael
11-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Only 31. He'd be very good in Scotland. If Hearts sign him then it would be some coup.

Thecat23
11-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Nope youre not mate......totally overrated and found out st Norwich. Hope they give him 10k a week.

Exactly, I honestly don’t even think he’d do well up here now. Bit like Whitty for us I think they are both past it. Maybe not be popular but just how I see it.

HibbyAndy
11-01-2018, 04:59 PM

Very decent player in his day but he hasn't kicked a ball for about 4 years.Played very few games

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 05:01 PM

When did he last play

My_Wife_Camille
11-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Calm down.

Good player no doubt but let’s not get carried away, he’s a hard worker but nothing special imo.

If he was as good as you say he wouldn’t be getting released by Norwich, better teams than Hearts would want him and he’d start for Scotland more regularly than he does.
Disagree bingo. I think Naismith would walk into any side in the league apart from Celtic

green day
11-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Only 31. He'd be very good in Scotland. If Hearts sign him then it would be some coup.

You are not wrong - but, this is a guy on £2Million a year with Norwich (allegedly).

I am struggling to see a scenario where Hearts would even pay the loan fee (apparently £10k a week).

If they do, it kinda proves they are still playing the same game as during Romanov era.

Fannies

neil7908
11-01-2018, 05:07 PM

Agree with this. He would be a very good signing for anyone in Scotland bar Celtic.

Mikey
When did he last play

August according to his Wikipedia page.

Bostonhibby
Am I the only one who thinks Naismith is past it?Nope. Norwich definitely do, as do all the other clubs in engerlund that could easily afford him.

bingo70
11-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Disagree bingo. I think Naismith would walk into any side in the league apart from Celtic

I think there’s a difference between recognising that I think he’ll be a good signing and getting carried away and making him sound like he’s a cross between Messi and Sauzee.

I think he’s a good player and will probably do well for Hearts, I don’t think he’s as good as some are making out though and I’m certainly not worried about facing him in the cup. My hope would be that by the time it takes him to get fit the season will be almost finished, but like all those Greek boys last year that looked great on paper.

FWIW I think he’d struggle to get into the Aberdeen side.

xyz23jc
11-01-2018, 05:10 PM
You are not wrong - but, this is a guy on £2Million a year with Norwich (allegedly).

I am struggling to see a scenario where Hearts would even pay the loan fee (apparently £10k a week).

If they do, it kinda proves they are still playing the same game as during Romanov era.

Fannies

Hopefully with an even worse endgame than the last time! :agree::yw:

Thecat23
11-01-2018, 05:11 PM
When did he last play

Good question Billy I’ve no idea!

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 05:15 PM
August according to his Wikipedia page.

Thanks

Bostonhibby
Folk maybe thinking the thieves are linked with the standard of player naismith was when he left the now defuncts?

They might well bust the bank again in an attempt to beat us. Signing the present version is a gamble which tells us how reactionary, short termist and desperate they are.

Smartie
I don't know much about Naismith these days, but I'm happy for Hearts to be linked with him.

If he's any good still, he'll have better offers than them.

If they're the best offer he's got then he's surely finished.

A bit of a step down from the wages he's been earning to what they'll be able to offer.

Unless of course they're paying way over the odds, spending money they don't have. Which wouldn't be a surprise.

Maybe a few more Lithuianian pensioners have agreed to be particularly cold this winter to fund it?

Jim44
11-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Did I not read somewhere recently that he was desperate to go back to Sevco? I doubt if he would be welcome back there.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 05:16 PM
If he wants a return to Scotland then Hearts might be his only choice. Hibs and Aberdeen aren't interested, Rangers fans despise him and Killie couldn't afford him I'd guess.

Stuart93
11-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Think Naismith would be a decent signing at this level...but 10k a week is a massive wage for any Scottish team bar Celtic

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Someone mentioned on Kickback that BBC are reporting we are also interested in Naismith?

Thecat23
11-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Someone mentioned on Kickback that BBC are reporting we are also interested in Naismith?

They are trying to take the piss saying we go for anyone they do.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 05:35 PM

Just as well we're not interested. I'd honestly feel for them if they lost another potential signing to us.

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Ah, I’m a bit slow today!

Diclonius
11-01-2018, 05:41 PM

That's hilarious. Not as funny as when it actually was their signing policy under Romanov.

Broken Gnome
11-01-2018, 05:50 PM
[/COLOR]

That's hilarious. Not as funny as when it actually was their signing policy under Romanov.

Don't be so bitter. Half of Lithuania on the wanted list, along with Chris Hackett, is perfectly believable.

RedHibby
11-01-2018, 05:55 PM
I thought they were signing a 6'4" dutch striker.

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 05:59 PM
I thought they were signing a 6'4" dutch striker.

Singing 3 players before the Derby says Potter

Captain Trips
11-01-2018, 06:00 PM
200 games up here 57 goals, 10k P/W, bring it right on. I,ll just go and dig out my ****ting it pants.

RedHibby
11-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Jambos new striker.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-talks-to-sign-giant-dutch-striker-leon-de-kogel-1-4658356

HoboHarry
11-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Jambos new striker.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-talks-to-sign-giant-dutch-striker-leon-de-kogel-1-4658356
I would have though 6'4" would be the minimum requirement for a Hearts striker. A Patriot Missile System would struggle to catch up with some of their errrrr "long balls" that they shell upfield.........

berwickhibee
11-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Surprising that hes only 6'4. Do they know any other way?? Hoof.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 06:10 PM

Most definitely not and I’m delighted we are not going for him.

GreenLake
11-01-2018, 06:12 PM
It's a Naismyth

theonlywayisup
11-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Jambos new striker.

I see that he plays for Go Ahead Eagles - there's one similarity between Go Ahead Eagles and Hertz

Go Ahead Eagles' biggest rivals are PEC Zwolle. Both clubs are located at the river IJssel, hence the name IJssel-derby. In the early years, Go Ahead was the best club in the region but since the relegation to the Dutch First Division in 1987, Zwolle has won most derbies.

Lago
11-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Will be for them...I agree with you tho...more likely to end up back at der hun

Going to surprise you here, totally agree with you. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Going to surprise you here, totally agree with you. :greengrinHaha there we go...1st time for everything mate [emoji106]

Lago
11-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Haha there we go...1st time for everything mate [emoji106]

Yip all well and good:agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
11-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Someone at my work saying rangers interested in Murray

HoboHarry
11-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Scotsman are saying we turned down a bid for Murray from a Turkish club......

ajf
11-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Could the 6'4" guy not be the wee striker ?

G B Young
11-01-2018, 07:33 PM

He was one of the players I recall being on a list John Collins reportedly gave the Hibs board as being the sort we needed to sign to take the club to the level he wanted them to be at. But that was more than 10 years ago when Naismith was hot property at Killie.

I'd be surprised if Hearts were willing (or indeed able) to meet his wage demands.

Ringothedog
11-01-2018, 07:46 PM
He was one of the players I recall being on a list John Collins reportedly gave the Hibs board as being the sort we needed to sign to take the club to the level he wanted them to be at. But that was more than 10 years ago when Naismith was hot property at Killie.

I'd be surprised if Hearts were willing (or indeed able) to meet his wage demands.

Maybe their anonymous donor will subsidise his wages 😤

Sioux
11-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Allegedly the stumbling block was £800,000!

jacomo
11-01-2018, 08:07 PM

He would have been a marvellous signing back then.

Fife-Hibee
11-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Was it true that we offered Killie £1m for Naismith before he went to Greyskull ?

weecounty hibby
11-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Rumour was we offered 750k, think der Hun eventually paid 1.2m. Could be wrong but that's how I remember it

11-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Maybe got the info from here:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/hibernian-reject-six-figure-bid-should-rangers-increase-offer/

McD
11-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Why would Naismith go to or be wanted by hearts? He’s what, 5 foot 8? Doesn’t really fit with Leveins silky aerial bombardment tactics does he?

bingo70
11-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Why would Naismith go to or be wanted by hearts? He’s what, 5 foot 8? Doesn’t really fit with Leveins silky aerial bombardment tactics does he?

Really enjoys a foul though

GreenLake
11-01-2018, 08:25 PM
I see that he plays for Go Ahead Eagles - there's one similarity between Go Ahead Eagles and Hertz

Go Ahead Eagles' biggest rivals are PEC Zwolle. Both clubs are located at the river IJssel, hence the name IJssel-derby. In the early years, Go Ahead was the best club in the region but since the relegation to the Dutch First Division in 1987, Zwolle has won most derbies.

Or as Hearts fans like to say "We are all Eddie the Eagle."