PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

stantonhibby
07-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Curious about why you suggest this?

I thought Jason conducted himself well whilst with Hibs. He committed to helping get us promoted, signed a new contract to ensure Hibs were compensated upon his departure, helped us get promoted and then left on good terms having also been part of the SC winning team.

Indeed.....I asked this a few posts ago but no response.

Kato
07-01-2018, 02:08 PM
I've never seen him play either, but based on what I've read he scores most of his goals from penalties & free kicks, not open play. He runs all day, so does Murray, so does Boyle. Up until yesterday everything I read indicated Hibs were after a target man, someone to hold up play bring midfielders in to attack etc etc

.....and the lesson here is "don't believe everything you read."

McD
07-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Curious about why you suggest this?

I thought Jason conducted himself well whilst with Hibs. He committed to helping get us promoted, signed a new contract to ensure Hibs were compensated upon his departure, helped us get promoted and then left on good terms having also been part of the SC winning team.

:agree:

No new contract, and he’d have left in the summer and Hibs would have got nowt. By signing that deal he committed himself to helping us get promoted, and getting Hibs a fee for him when he did go.

Souter96Mac
07-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Heard there also may be some interest in getting a young Newcastle striker on loan

Wouldn't mind that Adam Armstrong! He'd be quality

Lago
07-01-2018, 02:15 PM
.....and the lesson here is "don't believe everything you read."

You make my point perfectly, thank you.

The Sundance Kid
07-01-2018, 02:16 PM
I've never seen him play either, but based on what I've read he scores most of his goals from penalties & free kicks, not open play. He runs all day, so does Murray, so does Boyle. Up until yesterday everything I read indicated Hibs were after a target man, someone to hold up play bring midfielders in to attack etc etc

Think you may have been given some poor information there regarding where his goals come from. You can find all 43 of his Brisbane Roar goals over the last 2 seasons on Youtube, only 5 penalties, no free kicks and not that many of his goals appear to come from corners or free kicks either.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Love the post that says we are only signing McLaren to get back at them for pinching Lavatory from us.

Ozyhibby
07-01-2018, 02:17 PM

You can watch all his goals on YouTube if you like. You’ll then see that what you read about most of his goals being pens and free kicks to be nonsense. In fact I don’t remember a single free kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davhibby
07-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Think you may have been given some poor information there regarding where his goals come from. You can find all 43 of his Brisbane Roar goals over the last 2 seasons on Youtube, only 5 penalties, no free kicks and not that many of his goals appear to come from corners or free kicks either.

Yep, most of his goals seem to come from him being in the right place when the ball breaks in the box. We don't have anyone that does that now

Stuart93
07-01-2018, 02:21 PM

That's the name I've heard

bingo70
07-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Yep, most of his goals seem to come from him being in the right place when the ball breaks in the box. We don't have anyone that does that now

Oli Shaw maybe but it’s very early days for him and certainly not someone we should be relying on to be our main goal threat.

Kato
07-01-2018, 02:24 PM
You make my point perfectly, thank you.

I don't believe that.

SonOfDavidFrancey
07-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Exactly. If proof were needed that the huns are either unable or unwilling to shell out up front big money transfer fees then this is it. A reported near enough done 3 year deal transpires instead as a 6 month loan deal.

It could be Brighton just didn't trust the huns would or could pay any longer term installment plan and a loan deal was the only deal on offer to the huns.

The Brighton Argus says the fee is agreed at 1m but the BBC says it’s a loan. Someone at Rangers says a ‘fixed fee’ in the summer - presumably the 1m mentioned. Can the Rangers pay that?

stantonhibby
07-01-2018, 02:28 PM
The Brighton Argus says the fee is agreed at 1m but the BBC says it’s a loan. Someone at Rangers says a ‘fixed fee’ in the summer - presumably the 1m mentioned. Can the Rangers pay that?

Assume they can once they get season ticket money in.

Tornadoes70
07-01-2018, 02:29 PM

No new contract, and he’d have left in the summer and Hibs would have got nowt. By signing that deal he committed himself to helping us get promoted, and getting Hibs a fee for him when he did go.

:top marks

No question young Cumdog was hugely successful for us and did us proud by ensuring we obtained decent money for his transfer. He's also enshrined as one of the 2016 Heroes no matter what he does in the future.

fife hfc
07-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Have to wait and see, not sure he is any better than whats already at Hibs to be honest, pissing of jambos doesn't strike me as sound recruiting policy.

Do you really think Hibs would sign a player to piss of Hearts? Be serious. Both clubs are in the same market and agents will offer their players to many clubs of our size. Probably thinks coming to Britain is a good idea if he wants to get to the Wotld Cup as many Aussies have done well in British football.

Unseen work
07-01-2018, 02:37 PM
No chance we are getting Adam Armstrong.

Think he is set to join Mowbray at Blackburn.

Lago
07-01-2018, 02:41 PM

My bad, picked up post re Ross McCormick and confused it with Mclaren. Sorry

Lago
07-01-2018, 02:44 PM
You can watch all his goals on YouTube if you like. You’ll then see that what you read about most of his goals being pens and free kicks to be nonsense. In fact I don’t remember a single free kick.

Yip already made my mea culpa

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Have to wait and see, not sure he is any better than whats already at Hibs to be honest, pissing of jambos doesn't strike me as sound recruiting policy.And how do you know he's not any better than what we have?? Seen him play much have you??
Honestly give the guy a bl#$dy chance before u start writing him off

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
07-01-2018, 02:58 PM
All of Maclaren’s 7 appearances this season for Darmstadt have been as a substitute, so not had much of a chance.

brog
07-01-2018, 03:27 PM
You'd imagine whatever manager comes in would like to have a look at his full squad instead of summer signings being loaned out?

I said this earlier. I can't imagine any incoming manager would be happy with players being allowed to go on loan before he can assess them. Personally I think this is just usual old Traynor spin & I'm surprised so many continue to bite.

Tug Wilson
07-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Never been convinced by the apparent need for a target man. Most of Hibs long balls are hit into the space behind the opposition fullbacks to allow our pacey wide players to get on the ball. They then look to get down the line and knock the ball back across the goal.

Shaw's "goal" against Hearts being a prime example.

Knocking the ball up to a target man would require Hibs to change their whole setup. It seems to me that the problem arises from a lack of players in the box the capitalise on the opportunities created. Either the penalty box poacher or a midfielder getting in there.

From the footage I have looked at, Jamie MacLaren seems to be the sort of player that will look to be in there when the ball comes in and importantly then have the wherewithal to get a shot on target. Often when he had no right to do so. Eye for a goal they would call it.

Personally I have always felt that Stokes is more of an inside left type player not a poacher. Simon Murray is a bit the same but at inside right. Oli Shaw is the only out and out striker we have and we cannot heap that sort of pressure on his young shoulders.

Whether Jamie is the answer or not then time will tell. However, we have to trust the processes that we have in place to identify potential transfer targets and then get them in. It has worked pretty well recently.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Could be a good signing, time will tell. Only a week in but the rumours so far have been a bit disappointing. Would be amazing to get a Steve Archibald type signing again. That was sensational back in the day, signing someone from Barcelona that Liverpool wanted as well. One of the best players I've seen at ER, total class

Stuart93
07-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Could be a good signing, time will tell. Only a week in but the rumours so far have been a bit disappointing. Would be amazing to get a Steve Archibald type signing again. That was sensational back in the day, signing someone from Barcelona that Liverpool wanted as well. One of the best players I've seen at ER, total class

Afraid they days are well passed

Tug Wilson
07-01-2018, 03:47 PM

I think that the lack of rumours is testament to the present stability at the club especially in the squad.

Pre relegation we would be going into a January window with a new manager looking to overhaul a poor and unbalanced squad. Bit like our neighbours are!

We only need to bring in 1 or 2 new players, 3 at a push, to boost the current squad and provide different options.

A marquee signing is unlikely at this time of year but if the opportunity arises I think that we are in a good position to act and get it through.

angus hibby
07-01-2018, 03:50 PM

I’d heard we do have an interest in Armstrong. Blackburn also keen and maybe the potential signing of MacLaren means we haven’t got Armstrong.

Unseen work
07-01-2018, 03:57 PM
I find it funny how people presume that if someone says they want a target man it means we are going to start hoofing the ball

A target man is a vocal point of the attack, someone that can hold the ball in and allow the team to get up the park to start an attack.

The amount of times we play it into our strikers and there first touch isn’t good enough or they’re trying to turn on it in tight spaces is poor.

A target man allows guys like Mcgeouch, Swanson, Mcginn to play 1-2s and get beyond the strikers.

Mcgeouchs goal against Aberdeen last season emphasises how important a big strong target man can be.

SRHibs
07-01-2018, 04:00 PM
I find it funny how people presume that if someone says they want a target man it means we are going to start hoofing the ball

A target man is a vocal point of the attack, someone that can hold the ball in and allow the team to get up the park to start an attack.

The amount of times we play it into our strikers and there first touch isn’t good enough or they’re trying to turn on it in tight spaces is poor.

A target man allows guys like Mcgeouch, Swanson, Mcginn to play 1-2s and get beyond the strikers.

Mcgeouchs goal against Aberdeen last season emphasises how important a big strong target man can be.

To be fair when we played with Holt in the team there was a lot of hoofing, so on past experience it wouldn’t be a stretch to assume we’d set up similarly again.

MWHIBBIES
07-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Could be a good signing, time will tell. Only a week in but the rumours so far have been a bit disappointing. Would be amazing to get a Steve Archibald type signing again. That was sensational back in the day, signing someone from Barcelona that Liverpool wanted as well. One of the best players I've seen at ER, total classIf you are expecting that you are supporting the wrong club.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 04:06 PM
If you are expecting that you are supporting the wrong club.

Yep, definitely what I'm expecting. If not then my ST goes back!! The reason I used words like amazing and sensational is because that's what it was back then, now it would be beyond belief. I used it as an extreme example to outline the point that there hasn't been any real decent rumours so far this January.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2018, 04:13 PM
I think that the lack of rumours is testament to the present stability at the club especially in the squad.

I take your point, but there isn't really a lack of rumours. There are still plenty folk on here, Twatter and Facebook who have heard from "good sources" that we're signing XY or Z. e.g. Griffith's is on his way to us again, apparently, and there are any number of combinations involving SJM, Henderson and just about any other Celtic player. :rolleyes:

What there is a lack of, is decent information from the genuine ITKers. And that's because Hibs have tightened up after the loose talk that cost us a signing in the summer.

Lago
07-01-2018, 04:40 PM
And how do you know he's not any better than what we have?? Seen him play much have you??
Honestly give the guy a bl#$dy chance before u start writing him off

Already apologized, see previous post.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Could be a good signing, time will tell. Only a week in but the rumours so far have been a bit disappointing. Would be amazing to get a Steve Archibald type signing again. That was sensational back in the day, signing someone from Barcelona that Liverpool wanted as well. One of the best players I've seen at ER, total classThink you need to wake up and smell the coffee mate...those days are long gone

bingo70
07-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee mate...those days are long gone

Not really. I think he’s just talking about high profile exciting signings.

Unlikely to get that in January but not outwith the question in the summer.

Paisley Hibby
07-01-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm in Australia at the moment, few of my mates here are die hard Melbourne victory fans. One of them on McLaren:

"Top scorer in the A-League two years back, a god poacher and a true fighter.

He isn't the most gifted but will hound defenders and chase all day long and can hit a ball. "

Regular in the Aussie squad, seems a good player. Hopefully we can take him on board.
Sounds like Simon Murray.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee mate...those days are long gone

Jesus wept. Maybe it's me or maybe it's just the written word on forums but you are the second one I've had to explain this to. I was talking about the lack of rumours, especially good ones, never mind big signings and used Archibald as an example. I didn't expect him to sign back then and don't expect us to sign anyone of that level now either

bingo70
07-01-2018, 04:51 PM

I would assume Australia would be of a similar quality to the Scotland team?

Even assuming We are better than them, Murray is miles off the national team where as Maclaren is in the Australia squad.

There may be similarities but Maclaren has a far better pedigree imo.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Jesus wept. Maybe it's me or maybe it's just the written word on forums but you are the second one I've had to explain this to. I was talking about the lack of rumours, especially good ones, never mind big signings and used Archibald as an example. I didn't expect him to sign back then and don't expect us to sign anyone of that level now eitherOr maybe it's because our squad is already in a healthy state and we are 4th in premier league so no major signings needed. To me your expectations are a bit off mate

Michael
07-01-2018, 04:53 PM

Even assuming We are better than them, Murray is miles off the national team where as Maclaren is in the Australia squad.

Scotland squad is much harder to get in. But still, he mustn't be too bad.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Or maybe it's because our squad is already in a healthy state and we are 4th in premier league so no major signings needed. To me your expectations are a bit off mate

What do you think my expectations are based on my last three posts on this thread? It certainly isn't anArchibald type signing!

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2018, 04:57 PM
What do you think my expectations are based on my last three posts on this thread? It certainly isn't anArchibald type signing!But the whole point is our squad doesn't need major work just a couple of tweaks/additions. That's a good thing mate but your making it out to be a negative

Lago
07-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Or maybe it's because our squad is already in a healthy state and we are 4th in premier league so no major signings needed. To me your expectations are a bit off mate

Think he's explained quite clearly what his expectations are.

California-Hibs
07-01-2018, 04:58 PM

The Australia squad is not even close to the quality of Scotland’s. Standards of leagues player for player are playing in, valuations etc. Anyway, that’s not to say he can’t come in and do really well and be a top player.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 05:01 PM
But the whole point is our squad doesn't need major work just a couple of tweaks/additions. That's a good thing mate but your making it out to be a negative

FFS. This is probably the best Hibs team I can actually remember watching. We are progressing steadily and I think we will continue to make small incremental improvements with signings getting betters nd better through time. As I have already said I DO NOT expect a huge signing like Steve Archibald.

Blaster
07-01-2018, 05:02 PM
FFS. This is probably the best Hibs team I can actually remember watching. We are progressing steadily and I think we will continue to make small incremental improvements with signings getting betters nd better through time. As I have already said I DO NOT expect a huge signing like Steve Archibald.

Archibald too old these days.... 😉

Northernhibee
07-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Archibald too old these days.... 😉

Let's get Deek back then :hyper

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2018, 05:05 PM
FFS. This is probably the best Hibs team I can actually remember watching. We are progressing steadily and I think we will continue to make small incremental improvements with signings getting betters nd better through time. As I have already said I DO NOT expect a huge signing like Steve Archibald.Ok maybe I misunderstood your 1st post mate...to be fair the Mallan rumour is quite an exciting/interesting one...though I think may only happen if SJM goes in this window

weecounty hibby
07-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Ok maybe I misunderstood your 1st post mate...to be fair the Mallan rumour is quite an exciting/interesting one...though I think may only happen if SJM goes in this window

Cool. Only problem with Mallan is that it does probably mean we'll lose SJM. Anyway, onwards and upwards for us anyway. If we can replace John with a decent player and improve other areas of the team as well that will be good

hibbyfraelibby
07-01-2018, 05:24 PM
What there is a lack of, is decent information from the genuine ITKers. And that's because Hibs have tightened up after the loose talk that cost us a signing in the summer.

The only genuine ITKer is George Craig and he wont post on here.

Haymaker
07-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Let's get Deek back then :hyper

He's a free agent AFAIK

AlbertK86
07-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Cool. Only problem with Mallan is that it does probably mean we'll lose SJM. Anyway, onwards and upwards for us anyway. If we can replace John with a decent player and improve other areas of the team as well that will be good

Do we still have the money from the Cummings sale that we could use to fund Mallan?

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Do we still have the money from the Cummings sale that we could use to fund Mallan?

Should do

Unless it went to wages for Whittaker and Stokes

overdrive
07-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Correct. Going by the logic of target man = HOOF, the late Mowbray, early Collins era team was a hoof ball team as it was centred around Chris Killen (who admittedly had goals in him as well as being an out and out target man).

Captain Trips
07-01-2018, 06:41 PM
As far as attacking options go we have created a raft of chances this season and do not have the amount of goals we really should have, as much as I like our forwards a change isnt going to harm us.

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Do you really think Hibs would sign a player to piss of Hearts? Be serious. Both clubs are in the same market and agents will offer their players to many clubs of our size. Probably thinks coming to Britain is a good idea if he wants to get to the Wotld Cup as many Aussies have done well in British football.

Yup. And we can't help that he chose Hibs over Hearts. To be fair, the lad obviously wants to play in a better team, in a better stadium infront of bigger crowds. Hibs over Hearts every time. If that's pissed off Hearts then they better get used to it sharpish.

supermcginn
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Maclaren deal done according to stv.

Forza Fred
07-01-2018, 07:40 PM
The Australia squad is not even close to the quality of Scotland’s. Standards of leagues player for player are playing in, valuations etc. Anyway, that’s not to say he can’t come in and do really well and be a top player.

He was only on the fringes of the Oz squad, but the Socceroos do desperately need a striker,and with a new coach coming in, he's certainly now been given the opportunity to impress.

Let's wish him all the best and people then can judge whether he's 'great' or çrap'... (only seems two buttons on this forum) over the next few months.

He's apparently on big money with his German club, so I would doubt we'd have him any longer than 6 months whatever button is eventually pushed by the majority, but you never know.

Fingers crossed for him.

Col2
07-01-2018, 07:41 PM
This little gem from the bitter mob over the road. must MUST be a Hibernian the wind surely?!

“Seems this lad has caused quite the rammy.

If offered a straight choice between Hearts and Hibs, he's chosen the latter then he's not the kind of person you'd want at the club anyway. There is no doubting the superiority of Hearts in every single regard. To deliberately choose a smaller, less successful club with markedly poorer facilities would suggest the decision making isn't up there.

It seems more likely to me that we just weren't that fussed about him. I'll predict he'll be about as good as that world beater from Juventus they got that was the best player on the planet for about 6 minutes, and that'll be that.”

Col2
07-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Ryan McGowan on twitter

“Similar to Cummings....penalty box striker with good movement, runs in behind well, clever link up play! Given service would imagine he will score goals!! Will be driven to preform well with WC coming up!! Hope he has a stinker on debut and sad to have lost a mate 😉😂”

Greencore
07-01-2018, 07:48 PM
73 rating on fifa

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2018, 07:48 PM
This little gem from the bitter mob over the road. must MUST be a Hibernian the wind surely?!

If offered a straight choice between Hearts and Hibs, he's chosen the latter then he's not the kind of person you'd want at the club anyway. There is no doubting the superiority of Hearts in every single regard. To deliberately choose a smaller, less successful club with markedly poorer facilities would suggest the decision making isn't up there.

It seems more likely to me that we just weren't that fussed about him. I'll predict he'll be about as good as that world beater from Juventus they got that was the best player on the planet for about 6 minutes, and that'll be that.”

Superiority of Hearts?
Smaller?
Less Successful (other people's money)
Poorer Facilities?
Weren't that fussed about him?

The bitterness is stunning

DavidDavidGray
07-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Would be gutted if Cummings went to Rangers. He’d score loads for them and it would be painful seeing him in that shirt. Might be unrealistic but I feel We should put in a loan bid, he’s the exact type of player we need.

DavidDavidGray
07-01-2018, 07:52 PM
73 rating on fifa

Our current highest is Stokes who is 66. So, by Fifa’s Logic, we’ve got a class striker in

leither17
07-01-2018, 07:58 PM

Maybe Simon Murray will be moving on?

Michael
07-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Would be highly surprised at that. Been out of the team a few weeks, but will be invaluable for the reminder of the season.

Lago
07-01-2018, 08:06 PM

Sincerely hope not, has a lot to offer.

neil7908
07-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Sincerely hope not, has a lot to offer.

I go back and forth about him. Wouldn't be looking to shift him right now but I don't see him as any more than a squad player. Still think he has a lot to learn before he's ready for playing a full season at this level.

His work rate and pace will always be a useful asset though.

Lago
07-01-2018, 08:59 PM
I go back and forth about him. Wouldn't be looking to shift him right now but I don't see him as any more than a squad player. Still think he has a lot to learn before he's ready for playing a full season at this level.

His work rate and pace will always be a useful asset though.

Strikes me as the kind of boy who wants to learn and willing to work to achieve his goals.

my left peg
07-01-2018, 09:00 PM

His work rate and pace will always be a useful asset though.Reminds me so much of his dad....everyone wanted Gary to succeed for his work rate honesty and commitment,but he was limited by his technique,hope Simon can kick on....but he will always have his derby winner,even if he does nothing else in his hibs career. ...and for that he will always be a favourite.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
07-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Perhaps NL was happy with him in squad but an offer is pending and NL in discussion with Leanne thinks we could with the fee improve our squad.

FWIW I like Simon.

hibees 7062
07-01-2018, 09:04 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26730679_482298622164649_5502882677709162811_n.jpg ?oh=9b4899aa0ac2e24383bff8cd17f05ffc&oe=5AF6D8DF

Deansy
07-01-2018, 09:13 PM

For any Muppets looking in - we're definitely NOT smaller - either in support and definitley NOT ground-capacity !. Also definitely NOT 'less successful' - it's just that when it comes to 'Success' we prefer to win/earn it rather than buy it but that's just Hibs for you. As for 'markedly poorer facilities' - I'll take ANY facilties over NO facilities any day !

P.s Just saw this on their 'Jamie Murphy' thread - (in bright-red too)

' This topic is now closed to further replies.

Probably good idea as this news seems to have tipped quite a few of them over the edge - wonder how Potter's taking it :faf:

Heisenberg
07-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Already getting a few Jambos saying they withdrew their offer and didn’t actually end up wanting to sign Maclaren. He’s also now gone from a potentially good signing to definitely pish in the space of this weekend. Glorious stuff.

FilipinoHibs
07-01-2018, 09:47 PM

And how many world cup finals have Scotland qualified for compared to Australia in the last 20 years?

Peevemor
07-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Already getting a few Jambos saying they withdrew their offer and didn’t actually end up wanting to sign Maclaren. He’s also now gone from a potentially good signing to definitely pish in the space of this weekend. Glorious stuff.

The thread on knockback about how not fussed they are is now at almost 800 posts.

JimboHibs
07-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Perhaps NL was happy with him in squad but an offer is pending and NL in discussion with Leanne thinks we could with the fee improve our squad.

FWIW I like Simon.

Perhaps not.

Capt Mainwaring
07-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Brilliant “he didn’t want to play for us but we didn’t really want him anyway” 😂😂😂

The Rangers Statement dept has given some great ammunition to the hard of thinking!

Glorious indeed 👍

CorrieHibs
07-01-2018, 09:55 PM
And how many world cup finals have Scotland qualified for compared to Australia in the last 20 years?

That's because Australia have to beat likes of Syria to qualify. Before they played in Asia their toughest opponent was New Zealand. Whilst we get Germany, France or England.

Would be interesting to see how many WC cups they would qualify for if they competed in Europe.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2018, 09:59 PM

Classic football fan, district and deflect

I wanted Hibs to sign Niall McGinn, could have been a great edition to the squad.

Whether we made an offer or not, genuinely not sure on that front, he chose Aberdeen. That doesn’t make him a guff player overnight

yonder1875
07-01-2018, 10:00 PM
The thread on knockback about how not fussed they are is now at almost 800 posts.

They're weird.

Carheenlea
07-01-2018, 10:05 PM

:lolyam:

Northernhibee
07-01-2018, 10:37 PM
He's a free agent AFAIK

Out of Hearts price range then :hyper

Vault Boy
07-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Our current highest is Stokes who is 66. So, by Fifa’s Logic, we’ve got a class striker in

Ambrose and Whittaker are both 70. :wink:

It's a pretty cool bit of info to be fair, FIFA's talent scouting isn't quite as good as FM, but to be so decent in the game he must have something. Checked him out in the game earlier, his physical stats are unreal, didn't look blisteringly quick in the actual clips but who knows! Excited to see what he can do.

FilipinoHibs
07-01-2018, 11:13 PM
That's because Australia have to beat likes of Syria to qualify. Before they played in Asia their toughest opponent was New Zealand. Whilst we get Germany, France or England.

Would be interesting to see how many WC cups they would qualify for if they competed in Europe.
They then have to go to a pmay off. What us theur wirld ranking versus us.

Ryan69
07-01-2018, 11:27 PM

And to avoid a playoff(and qualify automatically)....all they had Todo was beat Thailand by 2 goals at home!

They even failed Todo that!

It was 3-2 I believe...lol

aussie_hibee
07-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Scotland are ranked 32. Australia are ranked 38.

Australia made the last 16 in 2006 WC, losing to the eventual winners in a last minute dodgy decision for a penalty.

In the last 2 years, they have drawn with Germany 2-2, beat Geeece 1-0, and lost 2-1 to England.

To say Australia are nowhere near Scotland is way off the mark IMHO.

I’d say they’d be very close to each other.

Big L
08-01-2018, 12:23 AM

I posted last year before the window that we should go for Simon, at that time he was playing left or right chAnnel. I think he could do a right job for us in these positions and Lennon must think so as well or he never would have brought him in.

ozwoody
08-01-2018, 12:48 AM
The A league is not of a standard of the spfl but there are teams that can compete in the top 4, Sydney FC would easily be in that bracket.Having no relegation is a double edged sword, on one hand there are a lot of meaningless games for teams outside top 4, but it does help by promoting young players to play with no fears.
As for Jamie McLaren, I would say he is a penalty spot to goal line player, makes a lot of runs behind defence and gambles on rebounds.How many times have we said this season that we need a player to attack the ball across the 6 yard line?
In saying that, I have no idea how he will do with us but if we were offered a loan of an international player who has scored 40 goals in 53 appearances for his club and we weren't interested , especially considering we are not turning chances into goals, I would question our recruitment policy.I am looking forward to seeing how he gets on for the rest of the season and he will be busting a gut to get in Australia's world cup squad so theres an even bigger incentive to bang the goals in, which can only be good for us too

Steve-O
08-01-2018, 01:14 AM

They’ve kept qualifying whilst in Asia and they won the last Asian Championship (equivalent of the Euros).

They’re not as good as they were but still a decent side regardless.

Steve-O
08-01-2018, 01:18 AM

MacLaren is not like Simon Murray IMO. Much more of a poacher, capable of the odd spectacular goal too though.

He will need good service though. If he gets it, he’ll score a few I reckon.

poolman
08-01-2018, 02:00 AM

I wanted Hibs to sign Niall McGinn, could have been a great edition to the squad.

Whether we made an offer or not, genuinely not sure on that front, he chose Aberdeen. That doesn’t make him a guff player overnight

That's too sensible a post for Yams way of thinking

Forza Fred
08-01-2018, 02:40 AM
They’ve kept qualifying whilst in Asia and they won the last Asian Championship (equivalent of the Euros).

They’re not as good as they were but still a decent side regardless.

Socceroos are currently managerless, without a coach and even a decent striker...relying on 38 year old Tim Cahill to come on and score.

There ARE good players in the side though...Marty Ryan plays in the EPL and Tommy Rogic is at Celtic, while Aaron May who once played for St Mirren is also doing well in the EPL.

Gems can still be found down under, but the days of a youngster turning up at a British ground for a trial with a pair of boots under one arm and a toy. Kangaroo under the other are long gone.

Most promising players are scouted by European clubs who know they have to probably develop them for a year or so, and can afford to do so, whereas teams like Hibs spend money looking for ‘instant coffee’....

Without resorting to direct comparisons, which is hardly an exact science, I would suggest IMHO that generally speaking the A League is technically more proficient than the game in Scotland but is much slower, and defences can be suspect.

The lifestyle /weather and improved wages means that a ‘European Offer’ is not immediately accepted, and I know of one player in Bobby Williamson’s time at Hibs who was offered a contract with Partick Thistle when they were in the SPL, that was only marginally more than he was on in the old NSL that preceded the A League, and he wasn’t moving to Scotland for next to nothing.

Forza Fred
08-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Socceroos are currently managerless, without a coach and even a decent striker...relying on 38 year old Tim Cahill to come on and score.

There ARE good players in the side though...Marty Ryan plays in the EPL and Tommy Rogic is at Celtic, while Aaron May who once played for St Mirren is also doing well in the EPL.

Gems can still be found down under, but the days of a youngster turning up at a British ground for a trial with a pair of boots under one arm and a toy. Kangaroo under the other are long gone.

Most promising players are scouted by European clubs who know they have to probably develop them for a year or so, and can afford to do so, whereas teams like Hibs spend money looking for ‘instant coffee’....

Without resorting to direct comparisons, which is hardly an exact science, I would suggest IMHO that generally speaking the A League is technically more proficient than the game in Scotland but is much slower, and defences can be suspect.

The lifestyle /weather and improved wages means that a ‘European Offer’ is not immediately accepted, and I know of one player in Bobby Williamson’s time at Hibs who was offered a contract with Partick Thistle when they were in the SPL, that was only marginally more than he was on in the old NSL that preceded the A League, and he wasn’t moving to Scotland for next to nothing.

l know it is Matty Ryan and not Marty and Aaron Moy, but auto correct apparently does not😂

ozwoody
08-01-2018, 04:37 AM
l know it is Matty Ryan and not Marty and Aaron Moy, but auto correct apparently does not😂

Totally agree, as coaches across here are all told to coach to the same syllabus the FFA sends out, all age appropriate. This is why you see so many teams from 16s upwards being more technical than the scottish counterparts.The only thing I have an issue with, and agree with Ernie Merrick ( Newcastle manager) that there is no advancement past 20 year old as there is only the first team and an under 20s league, so if you haven't made the first team you are on the scrapheap.I think there should be u23s instead of 20s.

MB62
08-01-2018, 04:56 AM

I would suggest the standard of opposition over that period would be a contributing factor

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2018, 06:08 AM
That's too sensible a post for Yams way of thinking

Sorry, how foolish of me 😉

stuart-farquhar
08-01-2018, 06:47 AM

How is the lifestyle better than Europe?

Sproule Three
08-01-2018, 07:01 AM
How is the lifestyle better than Europe?

Think Fred means the Aussie lifestyle is better than Europe !

Stuart93
08-01-2018, 07:22 AM

Watch this space. Potential.

Scott Allan Key
08-01-2018, 08:10 AM
And to avoid a playoff(and qualify automatically)....all they had Todo was beat Thailand by 2 goals at home!

They even failed Todo that!

It was 3-2 I believe...lol

Scotland had a genuinely good team in 78. And couldn’t beat Iran. Who are at this years WC too from Asian qualifying. Asian football isn’t that bad. Japan, South Korea would probably beat Scotland now, at least. Given the lack of appearances from Scotland at WC in living memory, most in World now scoff at our football ability. They don’t remember the backbone of the Liverpool side of 70/80’s and why should they? We are the Thailand of European football. But still as good as England of course who have more semi competent players to choose from demographically. And Christian Vieri was an Aussie who chose to play for Italy. Therefore Australian football produces World Class players. Do I win the prize for oversimplification and forgetting a player’s unique transferable qualities?

Ronniekirk
08-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Carlos Pena goes out on loan to Mexican Club Managed by The Rangers former Manager and they are paying his £20,000 weekly wages in full
While Steven Naismith reportedly saying he will play for The Rangers for nothing as Norwich don't want him

Ozyhibby
08-01-2018, 08:11 AM
A lot of rumours going about that Lafferty has had a massive bust up at the yams and may be moved on this window. Anyone heard anything?

Michael
08-01-2018, 08:13 AM
A lot of rumours going about that Lafferty has had a massive bust up at the yams and may be moved on this window. Anyone heard anything?

Just like Stokes a month back. I can't see it.

Ronniekirk
08-01-2018, 08:18 AM

He looked miserable during the Derby and been sent off since then so can imagine words will have been exchanged with Levine

Hibee87
08-01-2018, 08:30 AM

Nothing about being moved on, but i was told way back in november there was problems. Didnt really believe it so never posted it on here but appears to have reared its head again and the hearts fans are the ones saying by all accounts

Humo
08-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Weird of them to pay for his appeal (Laugherty) if he won't even be there for much longer? Could just be appealing in case he stays but I think it would be unlikely he would leave. No ITK knowledge just my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
08-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Hibs twitter just tweeted an emoji of a pen signing..

leither17
08-01-2018, 09:02 AM

I heard the same last night

Hamish
08-01-2018, 09:03 AM
McLaren now official

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327491-Official-Site-MACLAREN-SIGNS-FOR-HIBERNIAN&p=5269871#post5269871

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Think he’ll do well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Where else do we need to strengthen? Whats the script with Fonts btw?

Borderhibbie76
08-01-2018, 09:41 AM
The thread on knockback about how not fussed they are is now at almost 800 posts.It's fine tho coz they are signing Kevin Mirallas on loan till end of season......oh wait

Souter96Mac
08-01-2018, 09:45 AM
2 players in already, changed days. Next targets probably depend on who/if anyone leaves. We've now got 5 strikers and we only tend to play with a maximum of 2 on the pitch so can see 1 leaving, probably Dave. If McGinn goes, would love to get Mallan in on loan, and try and extend Dylans contact. Maybe cover at LB or out wide needed.

Last Minute
08-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Henderson :hmmm:

Bostonhibby
08-01-2018, 10:11 AM
It's fine tho coz they are signing Kevin Mirallas on loan till end of season......oh wait

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkSurprised they snubbed Couthino. Not tall enough presumably. The boy must be gutted.

08-01-2018, 10:14 AM
McLaren now official

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327491-Official-Site-MACLAREN-SIGNS-FOR-HIBERNIAN&p=5269871#post5269871

2 signings done already, great work by the club. Wouldn't like to be scrabbling around for players going into an important cup game.

stokesmessiah
08-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Don’t think we will see much/any more unless someone goes now?

Borderhibbie76
08-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Surprised they snubbed Couthino. Not tall enough presumably. The boy must be gutted.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using TapatalkHad to make do with Barca after his snub from.the Gorgie Galacticos 🤣🤣🤣

bingo70
08-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Hearing something?

snooky
08-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Do you mean a potential replacement coming or just he's potentially leaving :dunno:

jacomo
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM

Seeing as he attended a Hibs game with his agent, I think it's fair to assume we made him an offer.

SteveHFC
08-01-2018, 11:07 AM

:hyper

Albanian Hibs
08-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Do you mean a potential replacement coming or just he's potentially leaving :dunno:

I hope he isn't leaving.

The Leith Dutch
08-01-2018, 11:24 AM

I'd doubt that.
Strikes me that Murray is a good option
if we're trying to hit teams on the break
playing away or against stronger teams.

Doesn't score enough but with his pace
and his work rate he's a great option to
have especially as I suspect he's not on
a big wage.

Stuart93
08-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Pontentially leaving, nothing concrete though.

Lago
08-01-2018, 11:31 AM
I hope he isn't leaving.

Me to, would be really disappointed if he was to go has too much to offer.

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Simon Murray wont be leaving. Big Dave possibly will be.

JDHibs
08-01-2018, 11:40 AM
If the money is right for Hibs and Murray, i can assure anyone, he will be away!

Hes behind Stokes and now Shaw in the pecking order and will want to play football.

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
MacLaren looks like a good signing, but its still open to question how he will do against the robust defending in the Scottish premiership, from the You Tube stuff a lot of the defending he was up against didn't look the best.

The other thing to look at is his present club. Darmstadt currently languish in 16th place in an 18 team league having won 4 games out of 18, clearly with 7 substitute appearances they didn't see Jamie MacLaren as the answer to their woes, though I would say their scoring record is no worse than 90% of the teams in the league. This was what worried me about Stokes when we signed him, with a floundering Blackburn still not willing to give him a game.

The other side of the coin is that he looks like the penalty box striker we have been crying out for with a happy knack of being in the right place at the right time and he is clearly desperate to win a place in the Aussie world cup squad so his motivation will be good. Nippy strikers with good movement tend to do well in Scotland, lets hope he fits the bill.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2018, 12:02 PM
MacLaren looks like a good signing, but its still open to question how he will do against the robust defending in the Scottish premiership, from the You Tube stuff a lot of the defending he was up against didn't look the best.

The other thing to look at is his present club. Darmstadt currently languish in 16th place in an 18 team league having won 4 games out of 18, clearly with 7 substitute appearances they didn't see Jamie MacLaren as the answer to their woes, though I would say their scoring record is no worse than 90% of the teams in the league. This was what worried me about Stokes when we signed him, with a floundering Blackburn still not willing to give him a game.

The other side of the coin is that he looks like the penalty box striker we have been crying out for with a happy knack of being in the right place at the right time and he is clearly desperate to win a place in the Aussie world cup squad so his motivation will be good. Nippy strikers with good movement tend to do well in Scotland, lets hope he fits the bill.

The manager who signed him in Germany was sacked so that probably has a bearing on his fortunes there.

HoboHarry
08-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Yes because Aussies are known for being a bit of a soft touch.........:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2018, 12:29 PM
The manager who signed him in Germany was sacked so that probably has a bearing on his fortunes there.

Possibly, but its a daft manager who doesn't assess what he has at his disposal and keep players he thinks can do a job in his squad. MacLaren was obviously not deemed as good as the others he had up front. I'm not dissing MacLaren though, Bundesliga 2 will clearly be at least up to the level of the Scottish premiership, probably better, and he hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do there by the sound of it.

I have every faith that this lad will be good for us, you don't score 50 odd goals in two seasons at any level if you are rubbish .... my only real concern is how long it might take for him to get up to speed, the Scottish game is far quicker than what he has been used to I would imagine.

BSEJVT
08-01-2018, 12:34 PM
For me he is innocent until proven guilty.

Our manager has signed him based on the recruitment process many of us were lauding last week and we should trust it and him to deliver

I don't think you tube is any great medium for determining a players ability or lack thereof, but one thing I did see that I liked is that he isn't scared to get a shot away

That alone should make him an improvement on Murray, Stokes and big Dave, its too early to say with Oli, but I don't think this is a problem for Oli

JDHibs
08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
TO be fair to MacLaren, yes his current team are 3rd bottom of the league, however, maybe worth considering the following -

- Only 4 teams have scored more goals than them in the league, theyve scored more than the current league leaders by 1.

- But, their defence seems to be a major issue. Only 1 team has conceded more, the team directly above them in the league.

So although hes not been getting a game, their strikeforce would appear to be pretty strong considering the league they are in, its the defence that isnt up to scratch.

Its not all as simple as saying he cant get a game for a team 3rd bottom in their division. Something to think about.

hibs#1
08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Sometimes signings don't work at one team then go onto be successful elsewhere,it's not an exact science.anyway looking forward to seeing what he can do.

lochhibs
08-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Henderson away to Bari for a trial.

GreenArmy1875
08-01-2018, 03:42 PM

Or is it Portugal...😂

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Says who

BarneyHibby
08-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Says whoSky Sports: Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson is training with Serie B side Bari this week ahead of a possible move to Italy.

Henderson has only played once for Brendan Rodgers' side this season, coming on as a substitute in the 1-0 win over Dundee in October.

Sky Sports News understands Celtic would listen to offers for the 21-year-old, who had two successful spells away from the club on loan in previous seasons.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11200507/celtics-liam-henderson-training-with-serie-b-side-bari

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Sky Sports: Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson is training with Serie B side Bari this week ahead of a possible move to Italy.

Henderson has only played once for Brendan Rodgers' side this season, coming on as a substitute in the 1-0 win over Dundee in October.

Sky Sports News understands Celtic would listen to offers for the 21-year-old, who had two successful spells away from the club on loan in previous seasons.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11200507/celtics-liam-henderson-training-with-serie-b-side-bari

Ok thanks
Good spot

Brummie_Hibs
08-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Sky Sports: Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson is training with Serie B side Bari this week ahead of a possible move to Italy.

Cough...cough!!
As revealed here! (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327446-Hearts-Supporters-wanting-Henderson-at-Tynecastle&p=5266973&viewfull=1#post5266973)

Lago
08-01-2018, 04:54 PM
If the money is right for Hibs and Murray, i can assure anyone, he will be away!

Hes behind Stokes and now Shaw in the pecking order and will want to play football.

If the money is right any Hibs player would be away.

ancient hibee
08-01-2018, 04:57 PM
If the money is right any player in Scotland will be away.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 04:58 PM
If the money is right any player in Scotland will be away.

Make that England too😄

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2018, 05:34 PM
One Scottish club has enquired about Murray, the money they were quoted has put them off.

Captain Trips
08-01-2018, 05:49 PM
One Scottish club has enquired about Murray, the money they were quoted has put them off.

Interesting BH, I could only think 3 clubs might have funds. Aberdeen, Celtic and Sevco.

Do we still answer the phone to Sevco?

3pm
08-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Ross County?

Captain Trips
08-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Ross County?

Or them haha

bingo70
08-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Interesting BH, I could only think 3 clubs might have funds. Aberdeen, Celtic and Sevco.

Do we still answer the phone to Sevco?

Would Motherwell not have come into some money after selling Moult?

Wouldnseem a likely destination as they’re looking for a new striker too.

Paloschi
08-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I have a family member that has very close connections with the club and according to what they have heard Aberdeen want Simon Murray and Hibs have rejected a bid. Anyone in the know hear anything?

Stuart93
08-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I have a family member that has very close connections with the club and according to what they have heard Aberdeen want Simon Murray and Hibs have rejected a bid. Anyone in the know hear anything?

Can't see it being Aberdeen

Aldo
08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Can't see it being Aberdeen

I’d swap him for Adam Rooney

Stuart93
08-01-2018, 06:38 PM
I’d swap him for Adam Rooney

Snap

SMAXXA
08-01-2018, 06:39 PM

I don’t think he is down the pecking order to shaw players have dips on form but I would say he will play more games than Shaw between now and the end of the season unless he is having a neuk every week in training

sean04
08-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Jimmy boco has tweeted about Simon Murray going to Turkey

J-C
08-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Murray was a no brainer by Lennon, a free transfer and wages will not be overly high, seen something raw in him and after his initial few games, it looked to be an inspired signing. However since then he hasn't really improved much, runs around like a headless chicken and doesn't seem to understand the principle of the offside law. His game intelligence is pretty poor and you can see the difference when Shaw plays, far more intelligent.

Allant1981
08-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Murray was a no brainer by Lennon, a free transfer and wages will not be overly high, seen something raw in him and after his initial few games, it looked to be an inspired signing. However since then he hasn't really improved much, runs around like a headless chicken and doesn't seem to understand the principle of the offside law. His game intelligence is pretty poor and you can see the difference when Shaw plays, far more intelligent.

what a load of rubbish

Golden Bear
08-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Nah. I can understand if the guy feels that he's not been given a fair crack of the whip especially if it's been at the expense of his illustrious fellow striker (not Shaw)

Aldo
08-01-2018, 07:12 PM

I think it’s clear from your posts JC that you don’t rate SM.

I think, as others have alluded, he was a no risk signing and I think he’s proved a lot of doubters wrong. Good attitude and what 15/16 goals this season. That’s a good return for a player who was written off by many!

His goals against Newco and in particular the Yams at ER shows he has something! Wee meg on Souttar and excellent finish! You cannot tell me you didn’t enjoy that one??

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-01-2018, 07:16 PM

I think, as others have alluded, he was a no risk signing and I think he’s proved a lot of doubters wrong. Good attitude and what 15/16 goals this season. That’s a good return for a player who was written off by many!

His goals against Newco and in particular the Yams at ER shows he has something! Wee meg on Souttar and excellent finish! You cannot tell me you didn’t enjoy that one??

To me its about building a squad - Murray is more mobile than any of our other strikers, so he brings ua something different.

Stokes brings class and guile, shaw is a raw talent and really a bonus, but seems good all round but will dip in and out in all likelihood.

We still lack an aerial / physical threat, but i certainly dont think murray has done badly - i never saw him as our main no.9, but i think he is a valuable player who offers sonething we dont otherwise have.

weecounty hibby
08-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Simon Murray reminds me a bit of Gareth Evans. I think he is a decent squad player and I think that if he wants to stay at Hibs he might just have to accept that he won't play every match

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-01-2018, 07:22 PM

On holiday? will need sun factor 100 then.

HoboHarry
08-01-2018, 07:25 PM
On holiday? will need sun factor 100 then.
He'll need one of thae lead gowns that radiologists use mair like......

hhibs
08-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Simon Murray reminds me a bit of Gareth Evans. I think he is a decent squad player and I think that if he wants to stay at Hibs he might just have to accept that he won't play every match

Interesting comparison amd I can see where you are coming from,though without knowing for sure ,I think Simon Murray scores more goals.

SRHibs
08-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Just been lifted from here.

Lago
08-01-2018, 07:56 PM

Sorry but I think your assessment of Murray is just plain wrong.

JimboHibs
08-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Why would we get rid of Simon Murray been nothing but a success and for a first season in the Prem he's had a more than decent 6 months....

J-C
08-01-2018, 08:09 PM

True I don't really rate him but when he pulls the jersey on he'll get my full support.
Yes he proved a few doubters wrong at first but he seems to have dropped right down the order behind young Shaw, his attitude and willingness to work hard for the team has never been in question, it's the technical and intellectual side of his game I'm questioning, his constant offside runs and not seeing the channels to run into when they're there. These are things you learn, he was and is still very raw and if we were still in the championship, he'd be exactly what we need but we're in the premiership and we can't afford to wait on him getting up to speed to play against the better teams in the league. Great goal against Hearts but 8 of his goals have come against smaller teams in the Betfred. I feel now Maclaren has signed his chances will be even fewer, so maybe a move for him may the best for his career, sometimes a punt is taken and it doesn't always work out.

The Modfather
08-01-2018, 08:10 PM
I’d not be that dissapointed if Murray was to leave, especially if we were to get money for him. He has assets, but don’t see him as much more than a squad player and shouldn’t be too difficult to find replacement squad players. Easier to do in the summer than January though.

Although I wasn’t too fussed about Boyle either, and didn’t think he had the potential to improve anywhere near as much as he has. Maybe Murray will be the same and really kick on.

Brightside
08-01-2018, 08:32 PM

You know it’s not really Jimmy aye?

Aldo
08-01-2018, 08:33 PM
True I don't really rate him but when he pulls the jersey on he'll get my full support.
Yes he proved a few doubters wrong at first but he seems to have dropped right down the order behind young Shaw, his attitude and willingness to work hard for the team has never been in question, it's the technical and intellectual side of his game I'm questioning, his constant offside runs and not seeing the channels to run into when they're there. These are things you learn, he was and is still very raw and if we were still in the championship, he'd be exactly what we need but we're in the premiership and we can't afford to wait on him getting up to speed to play against the better teams in the league. Great goal against Hearts but 8 of his goals have come against smaller teams in the Betfred. I feel now Maclaren has signed his chances will be even fewer, so maybe a move for him may the best for his career, sometimes a punt is taken and it doesn't always work out.

He’s played his part imho but as you’ve mentioned he’s still a bit raw in certain areas but I’ve been more than delighted with his contribution.

I’m of the opinion that a team needs different players in different positions to try and keep things fresh and thus allows the manager to have options. Murray brought loads to the game and his willingness to run and work hard sometimes outweighs other aspects of his game.

I for one think he’s been an excellent signing and if he does move on goes with a very big thank you from moi!

jacomo
08-01-2018, 08:41 PM

Effectively a swap for Keatings.

Ken
08-01-2018, 08:43 PM
I know a lower league club in Scotland have enquired about taking Murray on loan but Hibs aren’t interested

The Spaceman
08-01-2018, 08:44 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we lost our top goalscorer this season :confused:

I like Murray - he's young, driven, fast and has scored some nice goals this season. Would be a big loss to a rival like Aberdeen.

Northernhibee
08-01-2018, 08:51 PM
I know a lower league club in Scotland have enquired about taking Murray on loan but Hibs aren’t interested

Dundee United?

Lmc2105
08-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Two intresting moves in our league according to the sun.
Greg Tansey - Ross County Loan
Nadir Ciftci - Motherwell Loan

Tyler Durden
08-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Why would we get rid of Simon Murray been nothing but a success and for a first season in the Prem he's had a more than decent 6 months....

Because some posters think players are angling for a move or out of Lennons plan as soon as they go 3 games without starting 🙄

Souter96Mac
08-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Two intresting moves in our league according to the sun.
Greg Tansey - Ross County Loan
Nadir Ciftci - Motherwell Loan

Both decent moves.

Mainstandman
08-01-2018, 09:38 PM
I like Murray, he works hard and scores. I think he knows his position in terms of ability wise and is working to improve. I like his attitude when subbed, doesn't sulk, runs straight off knowing he's done his job so the next guy can get on asap.

GreenCastle
08-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Simon Murray is still out top scorer I think..

Really like the guy and his attitude - you could argue he should have played more.

Hope he stays as he will improve - just look at Boyle for example.

tam4hibs
08-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Really like the guy and his attitude - you could argue he should have played more.

Agree and a good comparison.
If we are going to take on raw players like Murray then we have to give them more than 5 months.

Look at Boyles first season. Bit part player, a bit one dimensional- hard to believe he never made it on the pitch in the cup final 18 months ago but now the first name on the team sheet only 18 months later.

Want us to be seen as a place to develop. Let's hope Simon gets that chance...

jacomo
08-01-2018, 11:09 PM
If we are going to take on raw players like Murray then we have to give them more than 5 months.

Look at Boyles first season. Bit part player, a bit one dimensional- hard to believe he never made it on the pitch in the cup final 18 months ago but now the first name on the team sheet only 18 months later.

He's done better than many strikers in his first half season at a new club. He's raw but ever so willing.

The fact that our other strikers aren't scoring doesn't help.

Forza Fred
09-01-2018, 12:11 AM
Hearing Murray’s final destination may not be Turkey..but Uzbekistan, running out of options!

CMurdoch
09-01-2018, 01:08 AM

Murray is a year older than Boyle and will be 26 in 2 months time.
Is he likely to improve? I have my doubts. Is 26 too old to still be raw?
He is certainly working as hard as possible to be a success and we all want him to be a success.
Sadly I see him coming up short and eventually being moved on. I hope I am wrong.

Walter
09-01-2018, 04:48 AM
My opinion isn’t worth a jot but I believe Simon will improve season on season, he is the type of player who other teams always seem to have that are always a bug bear against us and he will score goals , maybe not 30 a season but still a threat

I don’t think anyone could question his attitude either

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Both decent moves.

Strange one for Tansey given he has just moved to Aberdeen in the summer.

Souter96Mac
09-01-2018, 06:25 AM
Strange one for Tansey given he has just moved to Aberdeen in the summer.

I'm guessing it'd be a loan as I don't think he's played much

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 06:27 AM
I'm guessing it'd be a loan as I don't think he's played much

Played a few games got hooked before half time at Ibrox when he gave away a penalty and had a mare.

lyonhibs
09-01-2018, 07:49 AM
If Murray could master the offside rule and ration his perpetual motion to making fewer but more intelligent runs he'd be first choice. Definitely should stay though, it's a squad game.

Blaster
09-01-2018, 08:31 AM
If Murray could master the offside rule and ration his perpetual motion to making fewer but more intelligent runs he'd be first choice. Definitely should stay though, it's a squad game.

The returning from an offside position with Murray bugs me. It means when we do win the ball back we are a player short as he is out the game.

I can’t remember him doing that as much in the early part of the season when he was much more effective

MyJo
09-01-2018, 08:31 AM

From what has been said i dont think Hibs are actively trying to move Murray on, the exact opposite in fact with us valuing him high enough to put off other scottish clubs and not wanting to send him out on loan.

The club & Lennon know that Murray is a good player to have in the squad and, very much like Boyle, has the raw attributes to become a very decent player at our level in time.

What has been suggested is that there is interest from abroad that would not only secure Hibs a transfer fee but earn Murray himself a decent wedge of cash that both the club and player would find difficult to turn down given the circumstances.

Souter96Mac
09-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Yeah I would keep Murray as he's a decent option to have, but if good money comes in then it'd be difficult not to say no, especially getting him on a free. Not sure what sort of figure we would be talking about to be honest.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 08:44 AM
From what has been said i dont think Hibs are actively trying to move Murray on, the exact opposite in fact with us valuing him high enough to put off other scottish clubs and not wanting to send him out on loan.

The club & Lennon know that Murray is a good player to have in the squad and, very much like Boyle, has the raw attributes to become a very decent player at our level in time.

What has been suggested is that there is interest from abroad that would not only secure Hibs a transfer fee but earn Murray himself a decent wedge of cash that both the club and player would find difficult to turn down given the circumstances.

If McLaren does well Murray is fourth in the pecking order given Shaw s recent form and if Dave moves on and we bring in a replacement that could change again
He wont be happy at Recent lack of game time but its his first Season stepping up so i would think he will be happy to stay and if game time continues to be few and far between he could well look to move in the Summer as at his age restricted game time isn't helping him develop
He hasn't been as effective of late so font think he can have any complaints

Peevemor
09-01-2018, 08:47 AM

We'll see how Jamie MacLaren gets on in that respect. Having watched (but not analysed) the youtube videos showing all his goals, he's either a master at reading the line or Australian linesmen are crap - there are a good few goals that are borderline. One thing that is promising however is that he scores a high proportion of his goals with only one touch.

Just Jimmy
09-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Maybe they are crap, they probably acknowledge goals that are miles over the line though...

jacomo
09-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Murray is a year older than Boyle and will be 26 in 2 months time.
Is he likely to improve? I have my doubts. Is 26 too old to still be raw?
He is certainly working as hard as possible to be a success and we all want him to be a success.
Sadly I see him coming up short and eventually being moved on. I hope I am wrong.

I think Jamie Vardy was still playing non-League football aged 25.

Some players are late developers - especially if they don't come through an academy system.

SirDavidsNapper
09-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Stokes
Maclaren
Shaw
Murray
Big Dave

Four good options with Big Dave moving on I'd have thought.

erin go bragh
09-01-2018, 09:12 AM
I think Jamie Vardy was still playing non-League football aged 25.

Some players are late developers - especially if they don't come through an academy system.
Yes . Rob Jones being another.

ancient hibee
09-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Maybe they are crap, they probably acknowledge goals that are miles over the line though...

Interesting comment however back to the thread:greengrin

Personally I think the rumours about Murray are a load of nonsense.There’s surely no way Hibs will move him on when they know he can score goals at this level in order to make room for a guy who may not be up to it.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2018, 09:25 AM

I was wrong, the club did not enquire about Murray, we have offered him to an SPFL club, but at a price.

The offer was declined for whatever reason, but it does appear we are trying to offload him.

Perhaps Lennon needs him out to get someone in?

Big L
09-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Interesting comment however back to the thread:greengrin

Personally I think the rumours about Murray are a load of nonsense.There’s surely no way Hibs will move him on when they know he can score goals at this level in order to make room for a guy who may not be up to it.

I would be sad to see Murray leave, every fan loves a trier, especially when he can score goals. I can only think that Lennon wants to bring in a target man and wants to make space.

Zazu62
09-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Maybe Simon Murray wants to leave? He hasn’t been playing much has he

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Yes . Rob Jones being another.

Theres loads of them. Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Miroslav Klose was a brickie in 1999, in 2002 he'd won the Golden Boot at the World Cup in Korea! Hope for us all :greengrin

Forza Fred
09-01-2018, 10:05 AM
I was wrong, the club did not enquire about Murray, we have offered him to an SPFL club, but at a price.

The offer was declined for whatever reason, but it does appear we are trying to offload him.

I dunno the exact amount, but Imdo know that MacLaren was on a very good wage in Germany......much more than you would think for a second division side.

It may be that he can’t see MacLaren and Murray in the same side and is punting him to offset the loan costs.

Forza Fred
09-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Theres loads of them. Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Miroslav Klose was a brickie in 1999, in 2002 he'd won the Golden Boot at the World Cup in Korea! Hope for us all :greengrin

I think I lived in a Klose that he built.......

ozwoody
09-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Would Hibs want to move Murray on in this window? If Dave is leaving and 1 or 2 of stokes,Shaw and macclaren get injured/suspended,we would be very short of options.
As both Shaw and McClaren are penalty box players whereas Murray and Stokes drop deeper to receive the ball to drive at defences,I would say it’s a great option to have on the bench (Murray replacing Stokes and Shaw/McClaren interchangeable)
With Boyle and Barker attacking either flank it also means the opposition would not get a breather as the tempo should be consistent for 90 mins

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Would Hibs want to move Murray on in this window? If Dave is leaving and 1 or 2 of stokes,Shaw and macclaren get injured/suspended,we would be very short of options.
As both Shaw and McClaren are penalty box players whereas Murray and Stokes drop deeper to receive the ball to drive at defences,I would say it’s a great option to have on the bench (Murray replacing Stokes and Shaw/McClaren interchangeable)
With Boyle and Barker attacking either flank it also means the opposition would not get a breather as the tempo should be consistent for 90 mins

Dave wont just walk out the door thoughHe has a contract so a Club needs to want him and he needs to think its the right move Then he might want a pay off
He might also decide he likes living in Edinburgh so will wait till the Summer
He cant be happy with the way things have not worked out so assume if something could ben sorted out that suits him then he would go

ozwoody
09-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Dave wont just walk out the door thoughHe has a contract so a Club needs to want him and he needs to think its the right move Then he might want a pay off
He might also decide he likes living in Edinburgh so will wait till the Summer
He cant be happy with the way things have not worked out so assume if something could ben sorted out that suits him then he would go

Agree.But as he is now 5th choice and a very slim chance to even be on the bench,you would think he would have instructed his agent to be looking around,especially as he will want to still be in national managers thoughts.Obviously he can sit tight and see out contract and I am sure Hibs bean counters will have taking that into consideration.I guess it’s just a wait and see

Hi Heid Yin
09-01-2018, 11:41 AM
I would be sad to see Murray go. He was phenomenal earlier in the season and scored goals for fun. His all-action style is entertaining and no one can accuse him of lack of effort.
His game time, however, has been limited - and this in itself has impacted his game. There is no natural flow or momentum or instinctive understanding with his team mates.
I still feel that he has a lot to offer us, but maybe Lennon has seen enough to know that, despite his duracell bunny performances, he does not offer that something extra to unlock stuffy SPL defences.
The recent dynamic of Shaw being picked ahead of him is a confidence-denter and this, I feel, will only add desperation to his game, where, ironically, he might try too hard to please and overcook things and maybe lose the coolness of mind needed to put the ball in the back of the net. Now, with the addition of our new Australian striker, he is faced with further competition and, perhaps, might want to try his luck elsewhere.

My_Wife_Camille
09-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Back to Dundee United?

Lago
09-01-2018, 12:00 PM
6 months down the line MacLaren will be gone as will Big Dave, Oli Shaw great prospect but unlikely to maintain current level of form so we will again be left short of strikers if Murray has left. I don't believe he'll go, he has a lot to offer and will come onto his top game again, there appears to be a certain segment of the support who think him to be not up to the required standand with unsubstantiated rumors being put forward as facts by people who can't possibly be in the know.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Where has this Murray going stuff came from anyway? It wl most likely be Dave off I’d have thought.

HoboHarry
09-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Where has this Murray going stuff came from anyway? It wl most likely be Dave off I’d have thought.
Made up .net nonsense, by Thursday it will be a FACT that he has asked for a transfer........

The_Horde
09-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Made up .net nonsense, by Thursday it will be a FACT that he has asked for a transfer........

Someone ITK said there's bids in for him and that was about it. The story has grown arms and legs since..

CMurdoch
09-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Given a choice I would keep Murray and lose Big Dave.
The problem is finding a team that would want Big Dave.

Lago
09-01-2018, 01:08 PM

From those that want to be thought of as in the know, but aren't !!

My_Wife_Camille
09-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Was posted on HFC Transfer Rumours

skyehibee
09-01-2018, 01:18 PM

Waiting for TheCat to give us his insight on it all. He always seems spot on with his info.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Waiting for TheCat to give us his insight on it all. He always seems spot on with his info.

He is away checking out the Stevie Mallon Rumour

chrisski33
09-01-2018, 01:25 PM

Wake up! Scotland arent that good! No better than Australia and this kinda arrogance and belief is pish.

hibeenicol
09-01-2018, 02:04 PM

No one's told Simon then.

bingo70
09-01-2018, 02:06 PM
No one's told Simon then.

Or he’s not telling you?

I’ve no idea either way btw.

Unseen work
09-01-2018, 02:16 PM
I can’t believe people are even suggesting losing Murray

He is top goal scorer and impressed this season.

brog
09-01-2018, 03:09 PM

I honestly believe many of the offsides are not Murray's fault. He makes some great runs but by the time our player delivering the ball has taken an extra touch he's offside & then looks daft. The timing needs to be spot on both from the striker & the playmaker & I believe the fault is about 50/50 though of course the focus is on the striker.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2018, 03:16 PM

He is top goal scorer and impressed this season.Yep, makes no sense to me either. I like the guy and thought lennon saw potential to be developed. Either way he's got a decent goal return and the yams might struggle to contain him again later this month.

calumhibee1
09-01-2018, 03:24 PM

He is top goal scorer and impressed this season.

I'd rather he stayed, but I can see where the attraction would be in selling him. If a Turkish team was to come in with a bid of say £200-300k we'd be looking at making a half decent return on a guy who as it stands is probably our 4th choice striker. Would give us a little bit of money to play with for players elsewhere or even a different style of forward to replace big Dave. On paper MacLaren should be better than Murray. If we could get a couple of hundred grand for him we'd be in a position where our squad was stronger and we'd made a wee bit of money aswell.

I would rather we kept him though.

leither17
09-01-2018, 04:34 PM
I heard the Murray to Turkey story as well

Gmack7
09-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Ross county If he leaves

JohnMcM
09-01-2018, 04:55 PM
I honestly believe many of the offsides are not Murray's fault. He makes some great runs but by the time our player delivering the ball has taken an extra touch he's offside & then looks daft. The timing needs to be spot on both from the striker & the playmaker & I believe the fault is about 50/50 though of course the focus is on the striker.

Swanson is one player who can deliver the ball to him at the right time.

ancient hibee
09-01-2018, 05:17 PM

This is right.In my view it's always the passers fault.The striker has to set off to get the run on the defender.If he goes too early the passer shouldn't make the pass.Murray makes plenty of good runs across defences to stretch them but the delivery is often abysmally slow.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 05:21 PM
I heard the Murray to Turkey story as well

You hearing lots about Simon Murray?

hibbyfraelibby
09-01-2018, 05:22 PM

Given the chance I would keep both...our squad gets very thin if a player gets injured. Two front men on the pitch and two on the bench tequired.

jacomo
09-01-2018, 05:36 PM

Levein will be salivating at the prospect of signing a tall player from Hibs and making a success of it.

Ozyhibby
09-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Perry Kitchen just signed for LA galaxy. Must have a good agent.

HoboHarry
09-01-2018, 06:18 PM
Perry Kitchen just signed for LA galaxy. Must have a good agent.

Philippe Senderos was playing for Houston in the season just ended and they got into the last 4 - no idea what they saw in him either.....

Mikey09
09-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Simon Murray is not leaving Hibs any time soon.

Thecat23
09-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Simon Murray is not leaving Hibs any time soon.

I wouldn’t be betting on that. More than a couple of folk who have been bang on have now said he’ll be off. Of course until deals are done its rumours but I think he’s gone myself it won’t be long now either.

Tornadoes70
09-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Given the chance I would keep both...our squad gets very thin if a player gets injured. Two front men on the pitch and two on the bench tequired.

I'd certainly like to keep Simon Murray as he's obviously got goals in him. Big Dave has been okay what limited game time he's actually had. Like you I'd prefer to keep both but definitely hope Murray's here for the long term.

Captain Trips
09-01-2018, 10:55 PM
I wouldn’t be betting on that. More than a couple of folk who have been bang on have now said he’ll be off. Of course until desks are done its rumours but I think he’s gone myself it won’t be long now either.

Your info is never far off, if so that's a real pity as I was excited about him developing however there is an opportunity to finish high up in the league we definitely need somebody who has developed more up there.

If every player had SM attitude and desire we would be 2nd just now.

Thecat23
09-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Your info is never far off, if so that's a real pity as I was excited about him developing however there is an opportunity to finish high up in the league we definitely need somebody who has developed more up there.

If every player had SM attitude and desire we would be 2nd just now.

I also like Murray, I’d still like him to stay but if Lennon can get what he thinks is better we can only put our trust in him. Works his socks off, just needs to compose himself more and watch the line.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2018, 11:29 PM
I see absolutely no reason to get rid of Murray honestly, would be a mistake, especially to another Scottish club.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-01-2018, 06:09 AM
I wouldn’t be betting on that. More than a couple of folk who have been bang on have now said he’ll be off. Of course until deals are done its rumours but I think he’s gone myself it won’t be long now either.

Oh no!!

Not what I wanted to read

IGRIGI
10-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Don't see the point in getting rid of Murray unless he wants to go or we have a very decent replacement in the wings.

frazeHFC
10-01-2018, 06:14 AM
Don't think we'd let Murray go unless we had some better lined up (maybe Maclaren's that). Like Simon and would be a shame to see him go though.

SonOfDavidFrancey
10-01-2018, 07:19 AM
I like Murray. An honest lad, it seems, up by the bootstraps, All that. Ginger too. But having seen the film about the recruitment department I’m happy to have faith that if he goes it will be because the club feels there is a marginal gain in terms of tactical flexibility etc. Above all it will feel like it’s the club making the decision and not the player deciding for himself.

J-C
10-01-2018, 07:30 AM

We don't really have time to develop at the moment, when we were in the championship it was a good opportunity to develop players like Boyle and Murray but now we're back in the SPL and are pressing for a top 4 finish, players like Murray will be left behind so to speak as we aim higher. Boyle as has been given the chance to develop and has turned into a key player for us gaining an extra 2 year deal, if we had got Murray 2 years ago I'm sure he'd be an important player for us now.

Michael
10-01-2018, 07:38 AM
We don't really have time to develop at the moment, when we were in the championship it was a good opportunity to develop players like Boyle and Murray but now we're back in the SPL and are pressing for a top 4 finish, players like Murray will be left behind so to speak as we aim higher. Boyle as has been given the chance to develop and has turned into a key player for us gaining an extra 2 year deal, if we had got Murray 2 years ago I'm sure he'd be an important player for us now.

Look at how much the Man City players have developed under Guardiola.

J-C
10-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Look at how much the Man City players have developed under Guardiola.

They weren't raw like Murray though, he's taken a very good group of players and turned then into a wonderful Barcaesque team, last season they were 15 points behind Chelsea in 3rd place and now look at them.

I don't doubt Murray will improve but can he improve quick enough for what we need, remember this is all rumour and conjecture about Murray and as such we're all just surmising why he may go if indeed he does.

Plus Lennon is no Guardiola.

hibeenicol
10-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Or he’s not telling you?

I’ve no idea either way btw.

Maybe but I have no reason not to believe him.