PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GreenCastle
30-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Bain will happen.

Laidlaw is injured and we need back up / competition.

He is mates with McGregor and will be announced soon.

Franck Stanton
30-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Spoken about on BBC Sports radio tonight that he was on his way to Easter Road

JimboHibs
30-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Always rated Bain could be a great keeper for us.

jonny
30-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Guys sat in front of me today were saying that McGeough could be away in the window. I didn't catch where they said to - anyone else heard that?

Cat Stanton
30-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Guys sat in front of me today were saying that McGeough could be away in the window. I didn't catch where they said to - anyone else heard that?

Only on here... and that was just a mad rumour that was immediately dismissed as nonsense by The Cat (not me, the one in the know)

erin go bragh
30-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Someone on Twitter,spouting single fish about Dylan signing for Sevco .

greenlex
30-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Who was in the stand today? The long lens cameras were pointing up there prior to kick off.

jonny
30-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Only on here... and that was just a mad rumour that was immediately dismissed as nonsense by The Cat (not me, the one in the know)Thanks, that's reassuring. One of our most valuable assets imo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

andybev1
31-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Surely Mcgeoch is happy at Hibs, the way the club has stood by him with his injurys? Am I being Naive?

Ozyhibby
31-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Surely Mcgeoch is happy at Hibs, the way the club has stood by him with his injurys? Am I being Naive?

He may well be happy but your also being naive. Players will do what they think is best for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
31-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Would be disappointed if Mcgeouch does leave us, especially to another team in the league on a free. The club has given him a chance to play and develop, whilst also standing by him through his injuries. Hope we can arrange a contract extension and keep him at least until the end of the season. If he wants to go, then we can get a fee for him. He's a legend in my eyes for that day in May, hope he stays on.

ancient hibee
31-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Did the club stand by him.Surely what they did was pay him the wage his contract demanded and tried to get him fit.Hibs didn't have any alternative so McGeouch will do what he thinks is best for him and give his injury record that'll mean the best deal financially.

Heisenberg
31-12-2017, 10:52 AM
We need a good presence up front. Someone who will ruffle folk up and also get into the box for the deliveries which will be arriving from out wide. Moult would’ve been absolutely perfect but he was well out of our reach unfortunately.

Michael
31-12-2017, 10:53 AM
I see Real Madrid value Harry Kane at £180million!!

He's probably worth more than that to be honest. Best striker in the world right now.

SirDavidsNapper
31-12-2017, 11:12 AM
He's probably worth more than that to be honest. Best striker in the world right now.

Playing in a poor league compared to spain through

Firestarter
31-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Is he nowt.

tamig
31-12-2017, 01:06 PM

How’s that?

Michael
31-12-2017, 01:09 PM
How’s that?

Because it's not cool to like the English Premier League.

I'm_cabbaged
31-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Hibs official just posted Commons scoring, a wee hint maybe?

Allant1981
31-12-2017, 01:26 PM

hope not, will be nowhere near matchfit, we need a couple of players to come in and hit the ground running

keep the faith
31-12-2017, 01:43 PM

I had a feeling about this. Not the way forward IMO.

stevie-bee
31-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Could he not have signed any time as he left Celtic in the summer ,
Why leave it to now ,

bingo70
31-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Why leave it to now ,

Would be to do with fitness rather than anything to do with the transfer window.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Why leave it to now ,

He had a back operation

wookie70
31-12-2017, 02:10 PM
If Commons is the height of our aspirations then I am very worried about this transfer window. There are other clubs to look at apart from Celtc and if we are looking at them then let's try and pry away some of their young talent like Christie or Henderson rather than giving contracts to injury prone players over 30. How good a player was 4 years ago will not help Hibs next year. The McGinn model is what we should be going for. Pay a bit, share the spoils and allow a prospect to take another step on the ladder whilst still actually playing football.

Commons scored some important goals for us but he looked nowhere near match fit and lacked the legs to be of any use when we never had the ball. We already have Stokes for the bit of magic once in a while role.

Mikey
31-12-2017, 02:22 PM
If Commons is the height of our aspirations.......

Who's saying that?

Green Badger
31-12-2017, 02:22 PM

I think it unlikely. Hibs have tweeted quite a lot of "on this day" in the past few weeks. If you follow that logic we're also re-signing Scott Robertson, Jason Cummings, Liam Craig and Deeks :greengrin

Ozyhibby
31-12-2017, 02:25 PM
If Commons is the height of our aspirations then I am very worried about this transfer window. There are other clubs to look at apart from Celtc and if we are looking at them then let's try and pry away some of their young talent like Christie or Henderson rather than giving contracts to injury prone players over 30. How good a player was 4 years ago will not help Hibs next year. The McGinn model is what we should be going for. Pay a bit, share the spoils and allow a prospect to take another step on the ladder whilst still actually playing football.

Commons scored some important goals for us but he looked nowhere near match fit and lacked the legs to be of any use when we never had the ball. We already have Stokes for the bit of magic once in a while role.

I agree with this. We need to invest properly here and not go for a short term fix which is a gamble anyway. Signing players 30+ has not been successful for us.
We need to do something though in this window to address our lack of goals. 10 points from our last 9 games is nowhere near what we deserve based on our dominance in those games but if we can’t score goals then it likely to continue.

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Did the club stand by him.Surely what they did was pay him the wage his contract demanded and tried to get him fit.Hibs didn't have any alternative so McGeouch will do what he thinks is best for him and give his injury record that'll mean the best deal financially.

Correcto.
Hibs didn't offer him a new contract last season because they were monitoring the injury issue.
Had it not sorted itself out they would have waved him goodbye at the end of this season.
Little sentiment in football. Big money at stake for both parties.

Archie70
31-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I think yesterday highlighted why a fit Commons would be a great addition to the team. Our midfield doesn't score enough goals and we don't look a threat at free kicks. The ball Shaw cut back was screaming for a Commons type player in the box

Brightside
31-12-2017, 02:35 PM
It’s an on this day post. They do it all the time.

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 02:40 PM
I think yesterday highlighted why a fit Commons would be a great addition to the team. Our midfield doesn't score enough goals and we don't look a threat at free kicks. The ball Shaw cut back was screaming for a Commons type player in the box

34 and barely been fit or played for the last 2 years.
He would be a good shout if you could bring him on to take free kicks and then take him of again.

NAE NOOKIE
31-12-2017, 02:42 PM

I agree ..... In all honesty the prospect of Commons signing doesn't exactly set my heart a flutter. Its a big wide world out there and there has to be a few decent prospects who would love to join Hibs, even if as a stepping stone to if not bigger things then certainly to more money. We get decent crowds, play in a great city, have more than decent training facilities and have a manager who knows what its like to manage in the Champions league ... that's got to be an attractive prospect for many players, especially for foreign guys looking to play in England. Make the first team at Hibs or any other Scottish premiership club for that matter and you are at least in the shop window for EPL and EFL clubs.

Having said that I'm not against us signing a proven auld yin with a decent scoring record along the lines of Adam Rooney for example.

Haymaker
31-12-2017, 02:59 PM
:hyper

Ozyhibby
31-12-2017, 03:16 PM
I agree ..... In all honesty the prospect of Commons signing doesn't exactly set my heart a flutter. Its a big wide world out there and there has to be a few decent prospects who would love to join Hibs, even if as a stepping stone to if not bigger things then certainly to more money. We get decent crowds, play in a great city, have more than decent training facilities and have a manager who knows what its like to manage in the Champions league ... that's got to be an attractive prospect for many players, especially for foreign guys looking to play in England. Make the first team at Hibs or any other Scottish premiership club for that matter and you are at least in the shop window for EPL and EFL clubs.

Having said that I'm not against us signing a proven auld yin with a decent scoring record along the lines of Adam Rooney for example.

No chance Aberdeen are giving us Rooney.

Gmack7
31-12-2017, 03:18 PM
34 and barely been fit or played for the last 2 years.
He would be a good shout if you could bring him on to take free kicks and then take him of again.

A bit like Malaury Martin at hertz. he's brilliant at set pieces dontchano

hibees 7062
31-12-2017, 03:21 PM
A bit like Malaury Martin at hertz. he's brilliant at set pieces dontchano

Nae chance . He was on the bench yesterday

Smartie
31-12-2017, 04:00 PM
If anyone is seriously expecting Kris Commons to make lungbursting runs to get on the end of balls (like the superb one Shaw put across goal yesterday) then they can think again.

If he comes come in (which I wouldn't be dead against) then it would be to compete with Stokes for the "pull of a bit of magic once every five games or so" role, not a role that we can carry too many players playing at any one time.

woodythehibee
31-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Was speaking to Commons' agent a couple of weeks ago and he pretty much confirmed that KC has retired.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
31-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Rumour is Naismith is away to Killie

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Rumour is Naismith is away to Killie

Good for him, where it all started, although not sure where there getting the money to pay him

SanFranHibs
31-12-2017, 07:03 PM
I think it unlikely. Hibs have tweeted quite a lot of "on this day" in the past few weeks. If you follow that logic we're also re-signing Scott Robertson, Jason Cummings, Liam Craig and Deeks :greengrin

At last !!! Someone talking sense and taking this thread seriously

:greengrin

Ronniekirk
31-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Good for him, where it all started, although not sure where there getting the money to pay him

If true they are clearly looking to get into top six

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 07:10 PM
If true they are clearly looking to get into top six

He’s on a huge wage at Norwich, has he agreed a pay off

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Nae chance . He was on the bench yesterday

Impressive, almost in the team.

Ronniekirk
31-12-2017, 07:46 PM
He’s on a huge wage at Norwich, has he agreed a pay off

Thats why i said if true

Haymaker
01-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Deeks is still a free agent as far as I know. We need a goalscorer

eastmainsmsh
01-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Cillian Sheridan 6.5 tall playing in poland would be a decent signing

Ozyhibby
01-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Doesn’t score enough goals.

hhibs
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM

Were we not linked with him a couple of seasons ago ?

Also where is Cifti playing nowadays, could maybe do a job for us

McD
01-01-2018, 02:15 PM

We were, think Sheridan went to st. Johnstone instead

Billy Whizz
01-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Think he played in a friendly for us

Cifti is at Plymouth, season long loan, but can’t get in the squad

hibby6270
01-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Is Jason injured/suspended just now? Not even on the bench for Forest today.
Out of favour now the Breadman has departed?

bingo70
01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
For everyone questioning whether John Mcginn is good enough for the English premiership its worth noting Charlie Adam is starting for Stoke today.

I know who I’d rather have in my team.

Scott Allan Key
01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Money wise and standard wise they are miles apart, anyone that watches both regularly can see that.

Money wise creates the standard IMO. English players are not far better than Scottish ones. As an above poster used analogy of putting Motherwell in EPL, that they’d be pumped regularly. Wrong, they’d have squillions of pounds and could do a Bournemouth like any of the smaller SPL clubs with additions of foreign mercenaries. Sky deliberately ruined SPL with help from our poor administrators after they refused a semi- generous TV deal that led to Setanta disaster, etc.

GlesgaeHibby
01-01-2018, 02:34 PM
For everyone questioning whether John Mcginn is good enough for the English premiership its worth noting Charlie Adam is starting for Stoke today.

I know who I’d rather have in my team.

Charlie Adam? Crying out for a goal scoring midfielder, and is pretty handy with dead balls too :wink::greengrin

Crazyhorse
01-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Charlie Adam? Crying out for a goal scoring midfielder, and is pretty handy with dead balls too :wink::greengrin

I can't now think of Charlie Adam without thinking about the cracking scene in 'I Daniel Blake'.

CMurdoch
01-01-2018, 06:41 PM

Has another season left on his Celtic contract so will be going out on loan again next season if Celtic don't pay him off.
Might be worth a throw of the dice to see if Lennon can light his fire.

Eyrie
01-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Has another season left on his Celtic contract so will be going out on loan again next season if Celtic don't pay him off.
Might be worth a throw of the dice to see if Lennon can light his fire.

Cifti isn't wanted by Adams, so I'd question if he is able to improve our starting eleven. From today's Scotsman (https://www.scotsman.com/news/rumour-mill-simunovic-celtic-exit-steven-naismith-to-kilmarnock-ciftci-to-stay-on-loan-1-4651153)

Nadir Ciftci must sit out loan dealOn loan Celtic striker Nadir Ciftci must stay on loan at Plymouth Argyle despite manager Derek Adams wanting to send him back to Parkhead.Ciftci has struggled at the League One club however his loan deal from Celtic does not include an early termination clause. ( Various)

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/rumour-mill-simunovic-celtic-exit-steven-naismith-to-kilmarnock-ciftci-to-stay-on-loan-1-4651153

hhibs
02-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Money wise creates the standard IMO. English players are not far better than Scottish ones. As an above poster used analogy of putting Motherwell in EPL, that they’d be pumped regularly. Wrong, they’d have squillions of pounds and could do a Bournemouth like any of the smaller SPL clubs with additions of foreign mercenaries. Sky deliberately ruined SPL with help from our poor administrators after they refused a semi- generous TV deal that led to Setanta disaster, etc.

:top marks

pacorosssco
02-01-2018, 02:24 PM

bang on. money ruined game but epl will go way of spl if china or us leagues get it together. uefa and fifa dont care about any club just the current elite. all the money epl means inflated values yet in recent times still behind in champions league. Hibs were paying guys big money in sky years more than a championship club. SFA SPL run by clowns with no interest in game

Hamish
02-01-2018, 02:34 PM
The Rangers after Jamie Murphy but far apart on valuations according to Sky Sports Adverts.

Winston Ingram
02-01-2018, 02:37 PM
The Rangers after Jamie Murphy but far apart on valuations according to Sky Sports Adverts.

Who’d have thought it? £200k over 10 years?

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2018, 03:24 PM

The national teams performance would suggest that English players are far better than Scottish players!

Ringothedog
02-01-2018, 03:49 PM
The national teams performance would suggest that English players are far better than Scottish players!

Population size as a lot to do with it, until Iceland are brought into the equation.

LancsHibs
02-01-2018, 03:51 PM

Very good, that should get a few bites!!

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2018, 03:57 PM

Both ***** just ten times more population so ten times more chance of finding somebody semi-adequate.

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Population size as a lot to do with it, until Iceland are brought into the equation.
Portugal, Sweden, Denmark and Switzerland are pretty small too and have qualified for the World Cup. Bigger than Scotland obviously but way smaller than England......

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Kane isn't even the best English striker in the last 20 years and he is far better than any Scottish player I've ever seen.

Maybe the reason we are behind is because we keep blaming money and population and not actually addressing the pretty clear failings within our own system?

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Not to mention Croatia being smaller than Scotland......

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Very good, that should get a few bites!!

Just stating a fact mate, not looking for bites.

eastcoasthibby
02-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Maybe Steve Clarke is bank rolling some wages ? Does he not have a healthy bank account and income from off field businesses ... just a suggestion ?

bookert
02-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Or Uruguay

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Any chance we can get back to rumours? Really don’t give a **** about how good England are or the strikers!

Greenworld
02-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Any chance we can get back to rumours? Really don’t give a **** about how good England are or the strikers!You first ...[emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
You first ...[emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

😁 If I had any I’d post them!

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 04:47 PM
😁 If I had any I’d post them!
Get yourself down to the bus station and see if Jordi Cryuff is getting on any of them.......

AgentDaleCooper
02-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Both ***** just ten times more population so ten times more chance of finding somebody semi-adequate.

China.

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Get yourself down to the bus station and see if Jordi Cryuff is getting on any of them.......

I’m already here it’s freezing, but seen Griffiths get on one to ER!!

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Yer making stuff up now - any one of his 278 girlfriends would have given LG a lift tae ER........

Smartie
02-01-2018, 05:00 PM

?????????

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Yer making stuff up now - any one of his 278 girlfriends would have given LG a lift tae ER........

😂😂

Hibs90
02-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Jo Inge Berget?

Northernhibee
02-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Jo Inge Berget?

Kula Shakers best song.

bingo70
02-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Jo Inge Berget?

Seems a fairly random shout.

What’s made you mention his name? Recently left Malmo but linked with Orlando.

Hibs90
02-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Seems a fairly random shout.

What’s made you mention his name? Recently left Malmo but linked with Orlando.

Seen he was on a free. I'm sure Lennon signed him for Celtic also.

No idea if he was any good but fits what we are currently looking at. Actually maybe not, looks like he was signed after Lennon left.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Seen he was on a free. I'm sure Lennon signed him for Celtic also.

No idea if he was any good but fits what we are currently looking at.

Think he single handedly, knocked Celtic out a Champions league qualifier, when Ronny was in charge

Stuart93
02-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Jo Inge Berget?

Not a bad shout at all by the way.

bingo70
02-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Not a bad shout at all by the way.

Well it is as this is a rumours thread and there’s not been any rumours about us signing him.

It’s just a made up name based on nothing really.

Apart from that though aye, no a bad shout.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Jamie Maclaren linked with us, Scottish born striker plays for Australia.

bingo70
02-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Where’s he been linked with us about?

Sure Hearts were after him and our name was thrown in with another group of clubs showing an interest.

CMurdoch
02-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Kickback have been linking MacLaren with themselves for some time

Ozyhibby
02-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Link?

Stuart93
02-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Well it is as this is a rumours thread and there’s not been any rumours about us signing him.

It’s just a made up name based on nothing really.

Apart from that though aye, no a bad shout.

I mean not a bad shout as in definitely worth a punt if he's a free agent and we could afford him

CMurdoch
02-01-2018, 06:02 PM

Wouldn't have thought any of LG's girlfriends would be the driving sort

WoreTheGreen
02-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Only prams

silverhibee
02-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Wouldn't have thought any of LG's girlfriends would be the driving sort

:confused:

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Jo Inge Berget?

57 goals in 10 years for 7 different clubs, thats poor for a winger/forward!

CorrieHibs
02-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Link?

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_interested_in_darmstadt_98_striker_jamie_macl aren_913781/index.shtml

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 06:29 PM

55 goals in 109 games over 4 years and 3 different clubs in Oz, however whats the standard like over there? Up to speed with the Scottish game?

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 06:31 PM
57 goals in 10 years for 7 different clubs, thats poor for a winger/forward!
Only if you choose to select that stat in isolation. In the last two years he scored 25 in 77 games for Malmo which is close to a 1:3 ratio. That isn't poor by any stretch.......

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 06:31 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_interested_in_darmstadt_98_striker_jamie_macl aren_913781/index.shtml

Did a 12 year old write that article? Some of the mistakes are terrible.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Who runs Hibernianmad?

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Who runs Hibernianmad?

I had absolutely no idea it even existed until that link was posted Billy!

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 06:37 PM
I had absolutely no idea it even existed until that link was posted Billy!

It’s been around for years, it’s an old report though, pre xmas

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 06:40 PM
It’s been around for years, it’s an old report though, pre xmas

Gotcha :aok:.

Joe6-2
02-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Link won’t work

heretoday
02-01-2018, 07:17 PM
What about Scott McDonald of Dundee United? He's still banging them in at 34.

Jim44
02-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Link won’t work

The link’s fine, copy and paste it into your address bar.

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 07:22 PM
What about Scott McDonald of Dundee United? He's still banging them in at 34.

You having a laugh? He’s brutal. He couldn’t cut it in the prem.

jacomo
02-01-2018, 07:36 PM

He's returned all their cars because he can't afford so many PCPs on a Hibs contract FACT.

HoboHarry
02-01-2018, 07:39 PM
He's returned all their cars because he can't afford so many PCPs on a Hibs contract FACT.
Well it's unacceptable that he is being paid so poorly - get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Joe6-2
02-01-2018, 07:41 PM
The link’s fine, copy and paste it into your address bar.

Cheers

Thecat23
02-01-2018, 09:09 PM

?????????

😂 who is that?

greenlex
02-01-2018, 09:12 PM
😂 who is that?

Griffiths.
Actually it’s the perfect Hibs striker.
Deeks Griffiths.

silverhibee
02-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Griffiths.
Deeks Griffiths.

Just bliss, 60+ goals a season from DG :thumbsup:

Colr
02-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Griffiths.
Deeks Griffiths.

He’ll be handy when we Play Away.

J-C
02-01-2018, 10:07 PM
He’ll be handy when we Play Away.

:applause::applause:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Griffiths.
Deeks Griffiths.

Is he available? I know Brian cant sign

Walter
03-01-2018, 06:31 AM
So just to confirm, other than the impending arrival of Deek Griffiths, there are no rumours

Iain G
03-01-2018, 06:50 AM
So just to confirm, other than the impending arrival of Deek Griffiths, there are no rumours

Which is a humpty rumour...

HNA4
03-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Anyone who wants to push their political opinions or discuss current affairs is welcome to use the Holy Ground. Keep it off the main board please.

huggie1875
03-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Anyone who wants to push their political opinions or discuss current affairs is welcome to use the Holy Ground. Keep it off the main board please.

Can we have a section for stupid puns too they are much more annoying

jacomo
03-01-2018, 08:01 AM

:agree:

There is more that unites us than divides us, or something.

Billychaotic182
03-01-2018, 03:24 PM
My celtic supporting mate is convinced that their player Kouassi Eboue is coming to us on loan.

Hibeewilly
03-01-2018, 03:46 PM
My celtic supporting mate is convinced that their player Kouassi Eboue is coming to us on loan.
Thats certainly an interesting one...they allegedly paid three million for him and gave him a four year contract and yet according to his wiki page he has hardly played any professional games. He could be anything though and no doubt NL will know everything about him

Ozyhibby
03-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Isn’t he a holding midfielder? If so, it’s the last thing we need I would think.
Even when Bartley is playing I sometimes think McGinn and McGeogh are trying to play there too.

bingo70
03-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Just had a quick look at Kerrydale St and there’s a thread on there about him and a fair few are talking about him getting sent to us on loan.

Seems to be more of a suggestion than a rumour though as a similar deal worked well with Ajer at Kilmarnock.

The_Horde
03-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Just had a quick look at Kerrydale St and there’s a thread on there about him and a fair few are talking about him getting sent to us on loan.

Seems to be more of a suggestion than a rumour though as a similar deal worked well with Ajer at Kilmarnock.

Rodgers wants to send him out on loan as per an article I read earlier. Could be good if Mcginn goes and we get an attacking mid in too.

mentalhibee
03-01-2018, 04:11 PM

Would be happy with that!

Souter96Mac
03-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Would that be part of Celtic's deal for McGinn? If it's a separate deal, not bad, as I'd rather we sell McGinn to a team IN England.

HoboHarry
03-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Would that be part of Celtic's deal for McGinn? If it's a separate deal, not bad, as I'd rather we sell McGinn to a team IN England.
Celtic are so far ahead of us would it really matter?

Souter96Mac
03-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Celtic are so far ahead of us would it really matter?

Would rather see him develop in England and make a name for himself, than be at Celtic and play against us

Captain Trips
03-01-2018, 05:09 PM
I really cannot see him moving to a club if he doesn't think he will play. I would believe if I was now an international player to join Celtic then going out on loan I would find an insult tbh.

Big L
04-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Isn’t he a holding midfielder? If so, it’s the last thing we need I would think.
Even when Bartley is playing I sometimes think McGinn and McGeogh are trying to play there too.

Have to agree, love to see Dylan playing further forward, making the chances. He's certainly got it in his locker.You only have to remember the goal he scored in the semi against Aberdeen.

bingo70
04-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Have to agree, love to see Dylan playing further forward, making the chances. He's certainly got it in his locker.You only have to remember the goal he scored in the semi against Aberdeen.

He played in a more advanced role in a game at Easter Road earlier this season but he was terrible.

Can’t remember who it was against but remember it as I’d been advocating him playing in that position for a while so was disappointed it never worked.

Stuart93
04-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Pretty important for the midfielder who's playing in behind the attack to have a shot now and again...mcgeouch barely ever tries a shot, ever.

The Modfather
04-01-2018, 05:16 PM
He played in a more advanced role in a game at Easter Road earlier this season but he was terrible.

Can’t remember who it was against but remember it as I’d been advocating him playing in that position for a while so was disappointed it never worked.

He played more advanced, or certainly got forward a lot more than usual, in the Simon Murray derby earlier this season. He was awesome in that game.

Would be dissapointed to see him and/or McGinn leave, but tough decisions need made if we are to address our problems of the last 3 or 4 years and become a better team.

wallpaperman
04-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Apparently Hearts have 'ended their interest' in Wigan player Jack Byrne.

Can't believe he didn't jump at the chance to join the famous. What was that young fool thinking of?? :wink:

PatHead
04-01-2018, 06:01 PM
The BBC saying Jamie Murphy is having a medical at the new club.

Sioux
04-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Apparently Hearts have 'ended their interest' in Wigan player Jack Byrne.

Can't believe he didn't jump at the chance to join the famous. What was that young fool thinking of?? :wink:

No need to worry about them. They'll get between 5 and 7.5 million for Souttar!! Trumpets.

Stuart93
04-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Doing business and bringing in a very good player at this level who'll most likely score goals...hope we've got something lined up.

Tynie01011973
04-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Muppets on JKB suggesting that a "reliable source in the club" saying very close to loan deal for Kevin Miralles with view to permanent move in summer!

😂😂😂

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2018, 06:51 PM
He played more advanced, or certainly got forward a lot more than usual, in the Simon Murray derby earlier this season. He was awesome in that game.

Would be dissapointed to see him and/or McGinn leave, but tough decisions need made if we are to address our problems of the last 3 or 4 years and become a better team.True mate I actually think one of them needs to move on so we can address the lack of creativity/goalscoring from the midfield. They are both great players but perhaps a bit too similar...we really need a box to box midfielder imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aldo
04-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Muppets on JKB suggesting that a "reliable source in the club" saying very close to loan deal for Kevin Miralles with view to permanent move in summer!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

🤣🤣

SSN transfer Centre may disagree as he’s potentially off to Olympiacos!!

hibbyfraelibby
04-01-2018, 07:06 PM

😂😂😂

Ok so his pregnant wife has voices in her head...

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2018, 07:42 PM

Any idea who he’s off to?

Would welcome him at Hibs

Hermit Crab
04-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Any idea who he’s off to?

Would welcome him at Hibs

Der Hun!

Hermit Crab
04-01-2018, 07:48 PM

😂😂😂

Eh? He just signed a new 3 year deal in May, he's there at Everton until 2020 unless someone comes in with big money. Hearts couldn't afford his Gardener never mind his wage!

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Der Hun!

Boooooo

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2018, 08:25 PM
The Painter signs for Tranent Juniors

Souter96Mac
04-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Didn't realise they're doing up their clubhouse

WoreTheGreen
04-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Roller on contract?

HoboHarry
04-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Roller on contract?
Stop brushing over the facts.......

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2018, 09:18 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]JKB Meltdown is a spoof Twitter account

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Did he no say he could play in any league outside the premiership in England?

🤣🤣🤣

Saturday Boy
04-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Did he no say he could play in any league outside the premiership in England?

🤣🤣🤣

East Region Juniors is a league outside the premiership in England. He called it 100% right

Stuart93
04-01-2018, 09:37 PM
JKB Meltdown is a spoof Twitter account

Sure it lifts posts directly from JKB and tweets them

HoboHarry
04-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Somebody gonnae give us a rumour? Something at least mildly credible that we can argue aboot and call each other names over? Really don't want to hear about thae bams fae Gorgie.......

jacomo
04-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Sure it lifts posts directly from JKB and tweets them

:agree:

Saves us the bother of looking in.

snooky
04-01-2018, 10:07 PM

Saw his dad playing for the Belters years ago. He was a good player.

04-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Somebody gonnae give us a rumour? Something at least mildly credible that we can argue aboot and call each other names over? Really don't want to hear about thae bams fae Gorgie.......

Don't know how credible it is but we've been linked with Hendo (as per usual), along with 3 other clubs. Sorry, doesn't exactly give you something new to discuss but I'm doing my best to change the subject for you. :wink:

If it was purely down to wages I'm not sure where we'd sit it comparison to the other 3 though would guess definitely behind PNE. On the plus side, he knows us and knows how popular he already is here. I expect he'd fancy his chances getting a good amount of game time here.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/899822/Celtic-transfer-news-Liam-Henderson-Ostersunds-Brendan-Rodgers-Premiership

Wee Effen Bee
04-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Stop brushing over the facts.......

He’ll be overcome with emulsion playing for the same team as his dad.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Don't know how credible it is but we've been linked with Hendo (as per usual), along with 3 other clubs. Sorry, doesn't exactly give you something new to discuss but I'm doing my best to change the subject for you. :wink:

If it was purely down to wages I'm not sure where we'd sit it comparison to the other 3 though would guess definitely behind PNE. On the plus side, he knows us and knows how popular he already is here. I expect he'd fancy his chances getting a good amount of game time here.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/899822/Celtic-transfer-news-Liam-Henderson-Ostersunds-Brendan-Rodgers-Premiership

If ostersunds are seriously interested then that's a fantastic story to be part of.

Plus he probably knows of he goes abroad and it doesn't work out he'd be welcomed back at Hibs.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Hibs will have a list of targets lined up and will just have to see who becomes available.

I'd wager McGinn will leave this window and although slivka and Fraser Murray could be seen as replacements we'll look to bring in another midfield....jay Fulton was in and around the Swansea team last season but hasn't seen much action this season and is out of contract. Could be viable.

Unseen work
04-01-2018, 11:06 PM
If I was Henderson I would be sceptical about coming back to us. He is held in such high regard here, with legendary status it might be too much pressure for him.

Saying that it would be a fantastic environment for him to learn his trade, knows the club well and everyone loves him.

Would love us to get the next good crop of youngsters at our club

Hendo
Mallan
Docherty
Cadden
Greg Taylor

Unseen work
04-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Hibs will have a list of targets lined up and will just have to see who becomes available.

I'd wager McGinn will leave this window and although slivka and Fraser Murray could be seen as replacements we'll look to bring in another midfield....jay Fulton was in and around the Swansea team last season but hasn't seen much action this season and is out of contract. Could be viable.

Can’t see us being able to pull that one off, delighted if we could though.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Can’t see us being able to pull that one off, delighted if we could though.

Agreed, if there's interest from down south I'd be very surprised if we could get him. If he's willing to compromise wages for more first team opportunities with being able to come back up to Scotland, then maybe.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2018, 11:14 PM
If we're talking McGinn replacements then Potentially docherty from Hamilton or kamara from Dundee. If he wasn't injured I'd love to see Fyvie back.

Callum_62
04-01-2018, 11:17 PM
If we're talking McGinn replacements then Potentially docherty from Hamilton or kamara from Dundee. If he wasn't injured I'd love to see Fyvie back.

I like Kamara but isnt he more a holding midfielder?

Crawford from Hamilton would be another shout, or could we get Cadden from Motherwell

Or dare I say Jamie Walker.....

neil7908
04-01-2018, 11:32 PM
I like Kamara but isnt he more a holding midfielder?

Crawford from Hamilton would be another shout, or could we get Cadden from Motherwell

Or dare I say Jamie Walker.....

I've been really impressed with Kamara when I've seen him (albeit only a handful of times and most of those against us) but he's definitely a defensive player and as you say, not sure we need another one of those in midfield. Crawford would be great but as with the likes of Moult, Morgan etc, I think bigger fish than us will be in for him.

Nicho87
04-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Crawford is available for pre-contract. Saw it on list of out of contract spl players

Cletus
05-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Ryan Gauld.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2018, 05:36 AM
JKB Meltdown is a spoof Twitter account

I think JKB Meltdown II is a spoof, JKB Meltdown just lifts off JKB.

Ronniekirk
05-01-2018, 06:58 AM
Ollie Shaws Contract runs out summer 2019 so now he has established himself as first team player might be good piece of Business tying him up on a longer contract
I know its early in the window but with the signing of Bain due to Laidlaws injury Lennon has really only hinted at bringing in an attacking minded player and assume if Big Dave cant be offloaded we might not do much business this Window unless we get Big Money for McGinn

Peevemor
05-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Ollie Shaws Contract runs out summer 2019 so now he has established himself as fist team player might be good piece of Business tying him up on a longer contract

:cool2:

thebausburst
05-01-2018, 07:30 AM
Ollie Shaws Contract runs out summer 2019 so now he has established himself as first team player might be good piece of Business tying him up on a longer contract I know its early in the window but with the signing of Bain due to Laidlaws injury Lennon has really only hinted at bringing in an attacking minded player and assume if Big Dave cant be offloaded we might not do much business this Window unless we get Big Money for McGinn

I wouldn’t rush into this, we’ve made far too many rush decisions on promising youngsters then ended up loaning them out for the duration of their contract!

MacGruber
05-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Charlie Mulgrew?
..hunch

Don't think he's what we need though

mjhibby
05-01-2018, 07:40 AM
The lack of transfer rumours in comparison to previous seasons shows there isn't much he money in the game anymore. The press will try and get dembele to and mcginn sold but apart from that very little. I'm sure nl isn't looking to sell sjm but will have a plan B if it transpires. One striker in is my guess. Oh and Ryan gauld.

Souter96Mac
05-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Charlie Mulgrew?
..hunch

Can't see this happening, he's captain at rovers, probably on a fair wage.

easty
05-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Charlie Mulgrew?
..hunch

Playing every week for Blackburn so think that's unlikely

stokesmessiah
05-01-2018, 07:50 AM
Why does Ryan Gauld keep getting mentioned?

marinello59
05-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Why does Ryan Gauld keep getting mentioned?

Because he appears to have dropped off the radar in Portugal so the assumption is he will be returning to Scotland soon? I can’t see that happening.
We can dream though. :greengrin

Michael
05-01-2018, 08:04 AM
Because he appears to have dropped off the radar in Portugal so the assumption is he will be returning to Scotland soon? I can’t see that happening.
We can dream though. :greengrin

Already on loan to another Portuguese team.

angus hibby
05-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Heard we are interested in Newcastle
striker Adam Armstrong.

cloudy
05-01-2018, 08:20 AM
striker Adam Armstrong.

I believe he's off to Blackburn

JimBHibees
05-01-2018, 08:24 AM
striker Adam Armstrong.

Sounds a possibility just finished a loan with Bolton. Quite small 5'8 but quick skilful and good finisher. Wonder if we are considering 2 strikers not just a taller more physical one.

Wilson
05-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Already on loan to another Portuguese team.

Making regular substitute appearances for Aves. No indication at all that he wants to leave Portugal.

Nothing in this rumour.

GreenCastle
05-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Where have the Huns managed to get £1 million from to sign a player ?!

Lmc2105
05-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Has to be a 24 month payment plan surely!!

Ronniekirk
05-01-2018, 09:22 AM

Borrow it Pay it back later Nobody is bothered about them anymore since the Truce ,so they just continue doing what they always have done They need European slot snd need to progress in tournament They know they need to improve the Team to achieve that ,so no real surprise
Big overhaul of players in Summer planned so Europe is a must

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 09:22 AM

I’m presuming some of Pedro’s signings are being sold, other than that, no idea

easty
05-01-2018, 09:23 AM
I’m presuming some of Pedro’s signings are being sold, other than that, no idea

Sure I read Murty saying the boy Pena could be leaving in January, so maybe him. Dunno who'd take him like.

Betty Boop
05-01-2018, 09:23 AM

An anonymous benefactor ? Well what's good for Hertz.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 09:24 AM
Sure I read Murty saying the boy Pena could be leaving in January, so maybe him. Dunno who'd take him like.

Pedro’s new team after him. Is he their top scorer

lord bunberry
05-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Ian Black has signed for Tranent Juniors. I seem to remember him recently turning down a club because he wasn’t prepared to drop to that level.
Prick.

GreenCastle
05-01-2018, 09:27 AM
An anonymous benefactor ? Well what's good for Hertz.

Scottish Football is so dodgy at times.

You think they would learn from previous yam and Huns financial problems but it seems business as usual.

Drawing with Celtic has given them some hope so next 12 months could be interesting to see what they do to try close the gap with Celtic.

easty
05-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Pedro’s new team after him. Is he their top scorer

Nah Pena is the big chunky baked tattie looking midfielder boy. Top scorer is Morelos, the one that looks like he's just escaped from the Mad Max Thunderdome.

Mikey09
05-01-2018, 09:54 AM
January transfer window is notoriously hard for getting quality players in unless you have loads of cash to burn. In fact I would personally do away with it. You do your transfer business in the summer and that's it.

Michael
05-01-2018, 10:01 AM
January transfer window is notoriously hard for getting quality players in unless you have loads of cash to burn. In fact I would personally do away with it. You do your transfer business in the summer and that's it.

Agreed. I'd maybe have for loans only or something as you may have an injury crisis.

GreenCastle
05-01-2018, 10:04 AM

The problem also is different countries play seasons at different times in the year.

Thier has been a lot of talk about closing the English window before the season starts.

Not sure solution - would removing the window give less power to players/agents ? Or are the high earners still the ones with lots of power.

Stuart93
05-01-2018, 10:06 AM

Can be quite handy if you get injuries...we would've only had one first team GK and a youth GK if it wasn't for this window

Mikey09
05-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Can be quite handy if you get injuries...we would've only had one first team GK and a youth GK if it wasn't for this window

I think there's a rule re signing keepers outwith the window. It's not perfect but could be tweeted to suit.

BoltonHibee
05-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Ian Black has signed for Tranent Juniors. I seem to remember him recently turning down a club because he wasn’t prepared to drop to that level.
Prick.

He’s gone there from Chorley

easty
05-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Ross Barkley signing for Chelsea for £15m, we were probably never in for him, but I think that's a great signing at that price for Chelsea.

Michael
05-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Ross Barkley signing for Chelsea for £15m, we were probably never in for him, but I think that's a great signing at that price for Chelsea.

Chelsea signing a lot of average players recently. Conte was complaining about lack of depth earlier in season though.

danhibees1875
05-01-2018, 10:30 AM

He's out of contract in 6 months I think, which will have lowered the price. And people worry that SJM won't have much value in the summer :wink:

bingo70
05-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Jamie Walker in Wigan to finalise his move.

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, a lot of it justified, he’ll be a big loss to Hearts though IMO.

essexhibee
05-01-2018, 10:58 AM

I know he gets a lot of stick on here, a lot of it justified, he’ll be a big loss to Hearts though IMO.

Agreed. Always looks a dangerous threat in Derbies. Looked most likely to score the other game for them.

Lago
05-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Yip, holding my nose, but can't deny he's a good player.

Borderhibbie76
05-01-2018, 11:38 AM
January transfer window is notoriously hard for getting quality players in unless you have loads of cash to burn. In fact I would personally do away with it. You do your transfer business in the summer and that's it.Agreed mate it should be scrapped and each club maybe permitted 2 emergency loans per season or something like that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Nah Pena is the big chunky baked tattie looking midfielder boy. Top scorer is Morelos, the one that looks like he's just escaped from the Mad Max Thunderdome.

:greengrin:greengrin Your "baked tattie" description of Pena is pure genius :top marks
Need to clean the bacon sannie of the screen now

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Larry Kingston to Hearts. My favorite Jambo bar that Chilean guy. Mind you, shame the with taxpayer took the hit for those follies.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Yip, holding my nose, but can't deny he's a good player.

Hearts fans saying he's *****. They are forgetting Potter wants to still make him the highest paid player at the dump.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Larry Kingston to Hearts. My favorite Jambo bar that Chilean guy. Mind you, shame the with taxpayer took the hit for those follies.

Chilean guy was absolute quality, robbed them blind at the same time. Pumped his. Stop already captains wife and went off on the sick for months. Got released, went to Italy and got sold for millions.

Greencore
05-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Chilean guy was absolute quality, robbed them blind at the same time. Pumped his. Stop already captains wife and went off on the sick for months. Got released, went to Italy and got sold for millions.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mauricio-pinilla/profil/spieler/6160

SirDavidsNapper
05-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Yup. Pinilla was probably their best signing under Mad Vlad. Quality player. Just glad they hardly played him.

Seveno
05-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Prick.

Another club willing to pay more than us! Petrie 😡

CorrieHibs
05-01-2018, 12:50 PM

Hardly kicked a ball, robbed them and they still think he's a hero lol

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 01:23 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mauricio-pinilla/profil/spieler/6160

Good guy imo. I meant he joined them, pumped his national teams captains wife, went off on the sick left them and made millions for others.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Yup. Pinilla was probably their best signing under Mad Vlad. Quality player. Just glad they hardly played him.

He must have taken one step into that ****hole and thought **** that, I'll wait till the new £100m main stand is made.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Hardly kicked a ball, robbed them and they still think he's a hero lol

Sums them up. Strange lot.

Greencore
05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Good guy imo. I meant he joined them, pumped his national teams captains wife, went off on the sick left them and made millions for others.

It's great to see from the url I posted that they spent 800k on him then he leaves them as a free agent, signs for a team and gets picked up for 4 million. beautiful.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 01:57 PM
It's great to see from the url I posted that they spent 800k on him then he leaves them as a free agent, signs for a team and gets picked up for 4 million. beautiful.

That gives me a warm feeling inside tbh 😁

basehibby
05-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Ollie Shaws Contract runs out summer 2019 so now he has established himself as first team player might be good piece of Business tying him up on a longer contract
I know its early in the window but with the signing of Bain due to Laidlaws injury Lennon has really only hinted at bringing in an attacking minded player and assume if Big Dave cant be offloaded we might not do much business this Window unless we get Big Money for McGinn

I expect Lennon to attempt to make at least one signing to boost our goal scoring options - big Dave hasn't cut the mustard and I'd expect someone of similar physique to be signed to give us that big centre forward option. That apart it would just be a matter of making a move if there's any players available that would improve the squad.

Re Shaw - I would fully support an extension being offered but with 18 months to go on his deal that could easily wait til Feb.

ancient hibee
05-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Anyone know what Trouten at Albion Rovers is like?

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Anyone know what Trouten at Albion Rovers is like?

You know that you're going to be inundated with Piscean puns.... :greengrin

ancient hibee
05-01-2018, 02:42 PM
I thought it was a bit fishy that he seems to get a goal every week but I was wondering if he is a big guy.He gets a lot of headers presumably leaps like a salmon.

Deansy
05-01-2018, 02:45 PM

No penalties for the Jambos for the rest of the season !

HoboHarry
05-01-2018, 02:53 PM
I thought it was a bit fishy that he seems to get a goal every week but I was wondering if he is a big guy.He gets a lot of headers presumably leaps like a salmon.
Doing well there but might flounder at the higher level.......

HappyAsHellas
05-01-2018, 03:30 PM
This plaice scunners me at times

Diclonius
05-01-2018, 03:33 PM

Good. He's their best player.

Unfortunately I suspect both of us will go into the cup derby with our best player sold.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 03:36 PM
We are supposedly after a Hamilton midfielder.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 03:41 PM

Where you hearing that mate?

bingo70
05-01-2018, 03:43 PM

There’s two that are very good players.

Ali Crawford is class and there’s another but I forget his name. Docherty maybe?!

Would be delighted with either of them.

Tornadoes70
05-01-2018, 03:48 PM

Ali Crawford is class and there’s another but I forget his name. Docherty maybe?!

Ali Crawford would be very welcome. I like the look of the boy O'Hara at Dundee and Paul McGowan could still do a good job for a few years yet.

Blaster
05-01-2018, 03:49 PM

Templeton?

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Templeton?

Oft! Controversial! Would take him though. :agree:

Ronniekirk
05-01-2018, 03:52 PM
I wouldn’t rush into this, we’ve made far too many rush decisions on promising youngsters then ended up loaning them out for the duration of their contract!

Well Lennon thinks like me and he has just signed a new contract extension Always a risk but at a young age he is finding the net and Lennon earmarked him out earlier in the Season as one to watch
Ollie Shaw is player referred to

bingo70
05-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Ali Crawford would be very welcome. I like the look of the boy O'Hara at Dundee and Paul McGowan could still do a good job for a few years yet.

Think Crawford is out of contract in the summer so wonder if we might target him on a pre-contract and then try to work out a deal with Hamilton.

Tornadoes70
05-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Think Crawford is out of contract in the summer so wonder if we might target him on a pre-contract and then try to work out a deal with Hamilton.

It would be a very good piece of transfer business if this were to happen. He's the type of midfield player that would compliment our brand of trying to play football not hoofball.

Smartie
05-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I've never rated Jamie Walker. He scored a good goal against us from distance once, but that's all I've ever seen.

He's good at inviting challenges, falling over and getting rewarded for it, which in fairness has won his team countless points.

But I always rated their other youngsters higher than him.

worcesterhibby
05-01-2018, 04:14 PM
He's good at inviting challenges, falling over and getting rewarded for it, which in fairness has won his team countless points.

That's his main skill and perhaps why he is injured so often.

Stuart93
05-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Greg Docherty

yonder1875
05-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Greg Docherty

Thought he was going to the Huns.

Gmack7
05-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Greg Docherty

I hope so .he looks an excellent prospect

Unseen work
05-01-2018, 05:06 PM
I really hope it’s Docherty, he would be an incredible signing and it would really get to rangers.

Rangers are after him though and he’s rangers daft so I doubt it will happen.

Templeton I would take.

Crawford? Unsure, he’s not that young and has never done brilliantly imo yet he is a good player.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 05:16 PM
I really hope it’s Docherty, he would be an incredible signing and it would really get to rangers.

Rangers are after him though and he’s rangers daft so I doubt it will happen.

Templeton I would take.

Crawford? Unsure, he’s not that young and has never done brilliantly imo yet he is a good player.

Docherty is under contract under 2020, so will cost a few bob

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Where you hearing that mate?

A couple of mumblings over the last couple of weeks mate. I presumed it was Crawford who used to be at Hearts but it's the another boy.

Firestarter
05-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Docherty is who I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised to see McGinn money invested in him.