PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

Zazu62
20-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Why hasn’t he been given more of a chance? Thought he was meant to be the next decent youthy to come through

bingo70
20-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Why hasn’t he been given more of a chance? Thought he was meant to be the next decent youthy to come through

I know it’s not a popular opinion but with the exception of Porteous, imo the youngsters I’ve seen need to bulk up.

This isn’t about wanting a team of 6ft cloggers but there is an element of power needed to impose yourself on the game, likes of Shaw and Murray won’t make it unless they develop physically imo.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2017, 09:13 PM
I know it’s not a popular opinion but with the exception of Porteous, imo the youngsters I’ve seen need to bulk up.

This isn’t about wanting a team of 6ft cloggers but there is an element of power needed to impose yourself on the game, likes of Shaw and Murray won’t make it unless they develop physically imo.

I think we’ll see a big improvement in that regard with the next bunch of youngsters coming through. A lot of these guys were wasted for years because of managerial and infrastructure deficiencies and the groundwork wasn’t done. Hibs have had the current batch of 15/16 year olds underthe current regime for 3 and a bit Years now so we’ll see the benefit in a year or 2.

I’ve argued for a while that if there are any youngsters at Hibs, or anywhere in Scotland for that matter, who are destined for really big things then they have to be playing 1st team football for us or clubs likes us by no later than 17 or 18. A player still kicking about the fringes at 21 or 22 isn’t going to go much further. I’m aware there are 1 or 2 exceptions but they prove the rule.

Nicho87
20-12-2017, 09:23 PM
He came on at Dundee away and he looks promising but far too lightweight for me still. Same with Shaw. Shaw needs strength and overall toughened up.

horseflesh
20-12-2017, 09:59 PM
I thought Shaws first touch against Celtic was dreadful, that needs to improve first before anything else. Haven't seen a great deal of him though and this may not always be the case

horseflesh
20-12-2017, 10:08 PM
I thought Shaws first touch against Celtic was dreadful, that needs to improve first before anything else. Haven't seen a great deal of him though and this may not always be the case

GreenCastle
20-12-2017, 10:12 PM
We have some good youngsters at the club and I’m sure their time will come.

Murray is better than Cochrane.
Shaw will score goals
Porteous is Hanlon part 2

Add in a few other Dev players we have who are technically very good. It’s only a matter of time before they get more game time.

The Modfather
20-12-2017, 10:12 PM

I get what you’re saying, but not sure Fraser Murray is all that dissimilar from Swanson in terms of size and strength.

Mainstandman
20-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I've seen him in a few games, he isn't big but will go flying in with no fear.

Michael
20-12-2017, 11:35 PM
If he was going to make it with Hibs he'd be playing every week by now.

But you never know. I never thought Cummings would be any good, so what do I know?

The_Horde
20-12-2017, 11:36 PM

But you never know. I never thought Cummings would be any good, so what do I know?

The lads 18. Chill

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 11:44 PM

I’ll put it on record here, Fraser is a better player than Harry Cochrane

The_Horde
21-12-2017, 12:12 AM

Yep. If Fraser had the presence of Harry he'd be a starter for us by now too.

snooky
21-12-2017, 12:15 AM

How big and strong is the 16 year old Cochrane that plays for the Jams?

The Pointer
21-12-2017, 12:39 AM
I never understand why the youngsters appear so lightweight as there seem to be fantastic gym facilities at EM.

If some of the local lads here can bulk up with the crap facilities we've got, I would have thought every young Hibs player could be similarly equipped. Works for 19 year old rugby players.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2017, 12:42 AM

pleasing

monktonharp
21-12-2017, 12:49 AM
I think it very unfair, to compare young players we have against the legendary Danny Swanson who has yet to score for Hibernian, was dropped because his mind was not with it during a terrible time in his life and added to the fact that he has been injured for months now. don't compare.

JohnM1875
21-12-2017, 12:50 AM
I think it very unfair, to compare young players we have against the legendary Danny Swanson who has yet to score for Hibernian, was dropped because his mind was not with it during a terrible time in his life and added to the fact that he has been injured for months now. don't compare.

Danny scored against Livingston.

houstonhibbee
21-12-2017, 12:57 AM
I never understand why the youngsters appear so lightweight as there seem to be fantastic gym facilities at EM.

If some of the local lads here can bulk up with the crap facilities we've got, I would have thought every young Hibs player could be similarly equipped. Works for 19 year old rugby players.

There was nothing wrong with the way alex cropley tackled

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2017, 01:35 AM
Fraser Murray didn't look like he had a problem coping with the physical side of the game in the times I've seen him play, the kid also looked to me like he has a brain which can compensate for a lack of muscle ... he also looks like he has a goal or two in him and I have to admit to being surprise that he hasn't had more of a chance.

I seem to remember a young midfielder a few years back who looked like a mild breeze would blow him out of the stadium and up Easter Road ... Collins I think his name was.

monktonharp
21-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Danny scored against Livingston.oh did he? what competition was that in then?

JohnM1875
21-12-2017, 01:43 AM
oh did he? what competition was that in then?

Quarter final of the league cup.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2017, 02:15 AM
oh did he? what competition was that in then?The league cup ?

calumhibee1
21-12-2017, 07:20 AM
I think we’ll see a big improvement in that regard with the next bunch of youngsters coming through. A lot of these guys were wasted for years because of managerial and infrastructure deficiencies and the groundwork wasn’t done. Hibs have had the current batch of 15/16 year olds underthe current regime for 3 and a bit Years now so we’ll see the benefit in a year or 2.

I’ve argued for a while that if there are any youngsters at Hibs, or anywhere in Scotland for that matter, who are destined for really big things then they have to be playing 1st team football for us or clubs likes us by no later than 17 or 18. A player still kicking about the fringes at 21 or 22 isn’t going to go much further. I’m aware there are 1 or 2 exceptions but they prove the rule.

I agree with your last paragraph in the main. I’d say if you’re not a first team regular by the time you’re out your teens you won’t make it at Hibs. It’s why I can never understand why we had Harris, Stanton, Handling and Forster for so long (although I realise we may not have been able to get rid).

Unseen work
21-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Although Fraser Murray is very slim, in all the games I have seen him play I have never thought it has been an issue or that he got bullied.

In fact, on every occasion I thought he has been one of our best performers in the game and could glide past players for fun

theonlywayisup
21-12-2017, 07:41 AM
So Shaw's first touch is dreadful and Fraser Murray is too lightweight.

Pretty harsh in my opinion.

green day
21-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Shaw needs to bulk up, but has a good strikers instinct.

Murray has looked excellent every time I've seen him, all action and not afraid to mix it.

If Bartley needs work on his shoulder injury, I would have no qualms about parachuting Murray in for a short while.

Hibs are protecting youngsters, Hearts have no option but to drop them in. It does not mean theirs are necessarily better.

JimBHibees
21-12-2017, 07:54 AM
So Shaw's first touch is dreadful and Fraser Murray is too lightweight.

Pretty harsh in my opinion.

Agree Shaws first touch is one of his strengths as is his calm finishing, In saying that no doubt a few yam trolls stirring things up before the derby.

Smartie
21-12-2017, 08:06 AM
I don't always understand the craving for young players to "bulk up".

If we're going to knock endless high balls up to Shaw then he needs to bulk up. I don't think he has it in him to bulk up to an extent that he'd become effective at that style of play.

We should play to players' strengths, and lithe, quick players can lose what makes them great when they bulk up.

All his career Riordan had folk trying to get him to bulk up. He still managed to score a good few, in spite of never managing to put that weight on. I see Shaw as being very similar to Riordan. Stick him up front with a hairy-arsed target man who has done his bulking up and he'd get rewards.

The only player I think I've ever really watched and thought needed to bulk up was Danny Handling. I thought he was a superb midfielder who had every other part of his game sorted but simply got brushed off the ball too easily.

calumhibee1
21-12-2017, 08:21 AM
I don't always understand the craving for young players to "bulk up".

If we're going to knock endless high balls up to Shaw then he needs to bulk up. I don't think he has it in him to bulk up to an extent that he'd become effective at that style of play.

We should play to players' strengths, and lithe, quick players can lose what makes them great when they bulk up.

All his career Riordan had folk trying to get him to bulk up. He still managed to score a good few, in spite of never managing to put that weight on. I see Shaw as being very similar to Riordan. Stick him up front with a hairy-arsed target man who has done his bulking up and he'd get rewards.

The only player I think I've ever really watched and thought needed to bulk up was Danny Handling. I thought he was a superb midfielder who had every other part of his game sorted but simply got brushed off the ball too easily.

Danny Handling is possibly the most physically inept footballer I’ve seen in my time watching Hibs.

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Sorry dont get the whole thing around they NEED to bulk up. Get stronger yes. We have seen it with Boyle & McGinn, neither are noticeable bigger, but are alot stronger than in previous seasons. Never mind the fact that shaws built like a broom, yet held off Simunovic quite easily to score vs Celtic

Cochrane and McDonald over the road at the jambos are build like the gable end of the fiver in my pocket, yet both have made cracking starts to their careers at 16. 1 scoring and 1 assisting in the past 2 games. Whilst getting massive plaudits. Dont hear anyone saying they need to bulk up?

If you are good enough, it doesnt matter what size you are. Really hope we see some youngsters getting more first team game time.

EVENTUALLY
21-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Although Fraser Murray is very slim, in all the games I have seen him play I have never thought it has been an issue or that he got bullied.

In fact, on every occasion I thought he has been one of our best performers in the game and could glide past players for fun

Fraser looks to be a very classy player with great composure and a sound temperament. He will make it, no doubts. So will Shaw, he is an excellent finisher. Porteous will too, a very confident boy who has taken on good coaching and learns quickly.

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 08:55 AM

Behave, Cochrane is the new Zico, a yam told me it must be true.

Brightside
21-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Fraser Murray should be playing in the first team. Midfield needs a shake tbh

Billy Whizz
21-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Like!

Smartie
21-12-2017, 10:41 AM

The midfield certainly needs some sort of attacking threat injected into it somehow.

Might be Fraser Murray, might be Danny Swanson.

I've been impressed by Murray so far and I am a bit disappointed we've not seen more of him. Porteous and Shaw have both looked up to it when they've had their opportunities.

Of the three, based on their appearances in the League Cup, I thought Shaw looked the furthest from being ready, but he's already got a couple of goals against the best team in the country.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2017, 10:46 AM
I think buling up may be the wrong term but developing core strength is vital in the modern game.

I remember watching Spurs pump Hearts a few years back and Jermaine Defoe who is hardly huge absolutely bullied Zaliukas and Webster. He is about half the height of both but he was so much stronger it was almost unbelievable; he knocked them off the ball, held them off when the tried to challenge him and brushed them aside when running.

Again it's not all about just making it at Hibs. To be a top player you need to be solid and strong.

Michael
21-12-2017, 10:49 AM
I think buling up may be the wrong term but developing core strength is vital in the modern game.

I remember watching Spurs pump Hearts a few years back and Jermaine Defoe who is hardly huge absolutely bullied Zaliukas and Webster. He is about half the height of both but he was so much stronger it was almost unbelievable; he knocked them off the ball, held them off when the tried to challenge him and brushed them aside when running.

Again it's not all about just making it at Hibs. To be a top player you need to be solid and strong.

Same when they played Liverpool. It looked like Adults vs Kids.

GoalsMcGinley
21-12-2017, 10:52 AM

He’s an 18 kid ffs. Behave man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
21-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Interesting post PB and agree with the vast majority of it.

Thing that disappointed me was comments made by Eddie May at the AGM. He gave a run down of the under age teams and he said the under 16 team was very poor.

Two things struck me, one was that although he was being truthful I'm hoping there was nobody present that had their son in the 16s and secondly if they were that poor why are we persisting with them. If they've been there for years they should have been moved on and you would expect new 16yo to arrive for next years u17 team.

easty
21-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Interesting post PB and agree with the vast majority of it.

Thing that disappointed me was comments made by Eddie May at the AGM. He gave a run down of the under age teams and he said the under 16 team was very poor.

Two things struck me, one was that although he was being truthful I'm hoping there was nobody present that had their son in the 16s and secondly if they were that poor why are we persisting with them. If they've been there for years they should have been moved on and you would expect new 16yo to arrive for next years u17 team.

That's a ***** state of affairs, when Eddie May is publicly saying that, nae need.

He'd actually fit in quite well on Hibs.net with that kind of chat :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
21-12-2017, 11:21 AM

100%

Mainstandman
21-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Don't confuse size with being lightweight. It's strength and conditioning you need,power to weight. if you just bulk when your young you'll be as flexible as dining room table and end up injured all the time. Forster is a good exampl unfortunately

Michael
21-12-2017, 01:56 PM
He’s an 18 kid ffs. Behave man!

I actually never realised that, thought he was 20ish.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Don't confuse size with being lightweight. It's strength and conditioning you need,power to weight. if you just bulk when your young you'll be as flexible as dining room table and end up injured all the time. Forster is a good exampl unfortunatelyCrane was told to bulk up last year so he put on 2-3 kg of muscle. Pre season Eddie May told him he was too big . Now how demoralizing must that be to a young footballer trying to make his way in the game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Crane was told to bulk up last year so he put on 2-3 kg of muscle. Pre season Eddie May told him he was too big . Now how demoralizing must that be to a young footballer trying to make his way in the game.

The way Crane has been treated by Hibs behind the scenes is shocking.

easty
21-12-2017, 03:07 PM

whats the story?

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 03:28 PM
whats the story?Nothing much easty just been fed a load of crap . Constantly had the proverbial carrot dangled in front of him . Done as he was told since he was 12. Was told by his old coach he was the best player he'd had since Scott Brown was there. In the 20s at 16yrs old. Done everything by the book.Played a blinder against east Fife in a pre season game when Stubbs took over . Man of the match against Birmingham city in a pre season game when Lennon took over. Not allowed to go out on loan last season despite not getting much if any game time for the 1st team. He's 22 in March and let's face it even if Lewis had his leg cut off crane still wouldn't get a game. But they're offering another years contract but for not much more money. If he decides to leave then hibs can demand a development fee. It's just a way of keeping a player on the cheap . I honestly don't think the playing part of it is totally down to the manager a lot of it is behind the scenes politics in the club. Or maybe I'm wrong maybe he's jus crap..

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 03:33 PM
whats the story?

Nothing much easty just been fed a load of crap . Constantly had the proverbial carrot dangled in front of him . Done as he was told since he was 12. Was told by his old coach he was the best player he'd had since Scott Brown was there. In the 20s at 16yrs old. Done everything by the book.Played a blinder against east Fife in a pre season game when Stubbs took over . Man of the match against Birmingham city in a pre season game when Lennon took over. Not allowed to go out on loan last season despite not getting much if any game time for the 1st team. He's 22 in March and let's face it even if Lewis had his leg cut off crane still wouldn't get a game. But they're offering another years contract but for not much more money. If he decides to leave then hibs can demand a development fee. It's just a way of keeping a player on the cheap . I honestly don't think the playing part of it is totally down to the manager a lot of it is behind the scenes politics in the club. Or maybe I'm wrong maybe he's jus crap..

What he said.

easty
21-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Nothing much easty just been fed a load of crap . Constantly had the proverbial carrot dangled in front of him . Done as he was told since he was 12. Was told by his old coach he was the best player he'd had since Scott Brown was there. In the 20s at 16yrs old. Done everything by the book.Played a blinder against east Fife in a pre season game when Stubbs took over . Man of the match against Birmingham city in a pre season game when Lennon took over. Not allowed to go out on loan last season despite not getting much if any game time for the 1st team. He's 22 in March and let's face it even if Lewis had his leg cut off crane still wouldn't get a game. But they're offering another years contract but for not much more money. If he decides to leave then hibs can demand a development fee. It's just a way of keeping a player on the cheap . I honestly don't think the playing part of it is totally down to the manager a lot of it is behind the scenes politics in the club. Or maybe I'm wrong maybe he's jus crap..

What he said.

Any idea what the "behind the scenes politics" involves? If the boys good enough, he should be in the team.

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Any idea what the "behind the scenes politics" involves? If the boys good enough, he should be in the team.

I wouldnt be able to be able to comment on that. I just know what was said above.

Carrot dangling, lad works hard, then needlessly brought back down to earth.

End of the fay, the laddies nearly 22, he just wants to play football and Hibs were hampering that.

easty
21-12-2017, 04:02 PM
What's the story with the other young left back we signed? Mackie was it? How's he doing, anyone know?

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 04:05 PM
What's the story with the other young left back we signed? Mackie was it? How's he doing, anyone know?

Sure Billy Whizz said hes been injured, just come back but looked good when he came on against St Mirren.

There are comments about him on the St Mirren development game thread.

Fergus52
21-12-2017, 04:16 PM
I agree with your last paragraph in the main. I’d say if you’re not a first team regular by the time you’re out your teens you won’t make it at Hibs. It’s why I can never understand why we had Harris, Stanton, Handling and Forster for so long (although I realise we may not have been able to get rid).

They all provided decent cover for the first team and would have been low wages.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 04:38 PM
They all provided decent cover for the first team and would have been low wages.They weren't on low wages. I know that Lennon likes Stanton but has been told by above to get him off the wage bill.

Iggy Pope
21-12-2017, 04:40 PM
They all provided decent cover for the first team and would have been low wages.

Agree.

Sam Stanton was exceptional when he broke through. Not having him on a deal at that time would have been plain daft. And would have led to carnage on here. The only player in Butchers run-in that looked capable of anything and the only one with any real balls.
Alex Harris always looked like a talent, got injured by a career threatening tackle and the club stood by him as long as they could while he got pins in his ankle. So they should. Saved us a doing in a cup semi v Falkirk and gave us Martin Boyle in a roundabout way.
Fraser Forster always looked the part to me. Bad injuries at the wrong times can wreck any career. I reckon they wrecked his. He got them playing for Hibs.
Danny Handling and his injuries speak for themselves. He always looked like breaking through. Got goals, got picked, got the U 21 caps. Evident ability, but who knows? Probably the least fortunate of the 4 of them.

Iggy Pope
21-12-2017, 04:42 PM
They weren't on low wages. I know that Lennon likes Stanton but has been told by above to get him off the wage bill.

Who is above Łennon in that respect?

JDHibs
21-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Agree.

Sam Stanton was exceptional when he broke through. Not having him on a deal at that time would have been plain daft. And would have led to carnage on here. The only player in Butchers run-in that looked capable of anything and the only one with any real balls.
Alex Harris always looked like a talent, got injured by a career threatening tackle and the club stood by him as long as they could while he got pins in his ankle. So they should. Saved us a doing in a cup semi v Falkirk and gave us Martin Boyle in a roundabout way.
Fraser Forster always looked the part to me. Bad injuries at the wrong times can wreck any career. I reckon they wrecked his. He got them playing for Hibs.
Danny Handling and his injuries speak for themselves. He always looked like breaking through. Got goals, got picked, got the U 21 caps. Evident ability, but who knows? Probably the least fortunate of the 4 of them.

Cracking goalkeeper, should still be at Hibs...

To be fair to Jordon, when he broke through, he had to fight with the likes of Hanlon, McGregor, Fonts and now Ambrose. All good experienced pros.

He always looked solid and dependable when called upon.

All 4 youve named showed promise. Maybe not worthy of their large contracts but its always a risk with youngsters. None of them were on "low" wages by any standards either, thats why we couldnt get rid of Handling and Harris, & still have Stanton on the books. Nobody will pay the wages they are on.

Iggy Pope
21-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Cracking goalkeeper, should still be at Hibs...

To be fair to Jordon, when he broke through, he had to fight with the likes of Hanlon, McGregor, Fonts and now Ambrose. All good experienced pros.

He always looked solid and dependable when called upon.

All 4 youve named showed promise. Maybe not worthy of their large contracts but its always a risk with youngsters. None of them were on "low" wages by any standards either, thats why we couldnt get rid of Handling and Harris, & still have Stanton on the books. Nobody will pay the wages they are on.

He is a better goalie than my fingers are at typing or my heid is at thinking.....

The 4 were quoted rather than named by the way and I've no idea what money they were on. And Jordon was fighting before McGregor, Fontaine and Ambrose arrived.

HoboHarry
21-12-2017, 04:56 PM
They weren't on low wages. I know that Lennon likes Stanton but has been told by above to get him off the wage bill.

Someone is dictating to NL who he can keep? Aye right you are.........

MKHIBEE
21-12-2017, 05:08 PM
There was nothing wrong with the way alex cropley tackled
That brought back some memories

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Someone is dictating to NL who he can keep? Aye right you are.........If a player is earning "big " money and has a chance to play over a kid earning "sweeties" then he will be shoe horned into the team. I mean come on Whittaker is no way fit and shouldn't have played last week same goes for McGregor yet rather than play Porteous they'll persevere with semi fit big money earners. It's called justifying the wages.

Hi Heid Yin
21-12-2017, 07:33 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous to read some of the posts in this thread.
If I was to believe half of them, then I'd have to believe in conspiracy theories and sinister agendas behind the scenes at Easter Road - that our club is sabotaging young players careers and paying them wages to never make the first team.
The bottom line is that if a player is good enough to make the first team then he will be given every opportunity to do so.
It's in our clubs interests to nurture and develop and to give every player every opportunity to make that first team - the financial implications alone ( think Scott Brown, Garry O'Connor, Whitty, Thomson, Fletcher) render talk of ulterior motives obsolete.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 07:43 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous to read some of the posts in this thread.
If I was to believe half of them, then I'd have to believe in conspiracy theories and sinister agendas behind the scenes at Easter Road - that our club is sabotaging young players careers and paying them wages to never make the first team.
The bottom line is that if a player is good enough to make the first team then he will be given every opportunity to do so.
It's in our clubs interests to nurture and develop and to give every player every opportunity to make that first team - the financial implications alone ( think Scott Brown, Garry O'Connor, Whitty, Thomson, Fletcher) render talk of ulterior motives obsolete.So your telling me that after the last couple of weeks Porteous was not to play and an unfit Whittaker was. Now that's nonsense.

RIP
21-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Spoony bulked up at Hibs. Slowed him right down.

When he joined Saints he was made to lose 15lbs. A better player now in a lighter frame.

Michael
21-12-2017, 11:33 PM

When he joined Saints he was made to lose 15lbs. A better player now in a lighter frame.

Top sprinters are usually very muscular though?

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2017, 12:33 AM
So your telling me that after the last couple of weeks Porteous was not to play and an unfit Whittaker was. Now that's nonsense.

Your post makes absolutely no sense. Please re-read my post.
Cheers

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2017, 01:11 AM

first thing i noticed when he came on against sevco last week was how much weight he had put on :confused:

truehibernian
22-12-2017, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;5253903]Interesting post PB and agree with the vast majority of it.

Two things struck me, one was that although he was being truthful I'm hoping there was nobody present that had their son in the 16s and secondly if they were that poor why are we persisting with them. If they've been there for years they should have been moved on and you would expect new 16yo to arrive for next years

I'd punt Eddie and replace him with Darren Dods - one of the best young coaches I've seen this last decade in Scotland. Might be seen as a step down (for DD) but I think Hibs would benefit and I think it would give him a really good platform. EM is a very arrogant and poor 'coach'.

indiejak1413
22-12-2017, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;5253903]Interesting post PB and agree with the vast majority of it.

Two things struck me, one was that although he was being truthful I'm hoping there was nobody present that had their son in the 16s and secondly if they were that poor why are we persisting with them. If they've been there for years they should have been moved on and you would expect new 16yo to arrive for next years

I'd punt Eddie and replace him with Darren Dods - one of the best young coaches I've seen this last decade in Scotland. Might be seen as a step down (for DD) but I think Hibs would benefit and I think it would give him a really good platform. EM is a very arrogant and poor 'coach'.Totally agree

GoalsMcGinley
22-12-2017, 07:05 AM

I'd punt Eddie and replace him with Darren Dods - one of the best young coaches I've seen this last decade in Scotland. Might be seen as a step down (for DD) but I think Hibs would benefit and I think it would give him a really good platform. EM is a very arrogant and poor 'coach'.

As someone who knows 3/4 players who have played under DD that would be a disaster!!!

JimBHibees
22-12-2017, 07:17 AM
So your telling me that after the last couple of weeks Porteous was not to play and an unfit Whittaker was. Now that's nonsense.

More about an experienced manager wanting an experienced player to play in that position. Ryan isnt a right back is he.

JimBHibees
22-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Any idea what the "behind the scenes politics" involves? If the boys good enough, he would be in the team.

Changed that for you. :greengrin

overdrive
22-12-2017, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;5254431]

As someone who knows 3/4 players who have played under DD that would be a disaster!!!

Quite a few people said that about May as well when he was rumoured to be joining.

JDHibs
22-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Yes and only cover 100m/200m. 2 or 3 times every couple of weeks at max output.

Not 10-11km potentially every 3 days depending on fixture back logs.

Very hard to be as fit and as agile as you can be the bigger you are.

JimBHibees
22-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Eddie had a pretty good record of bringing players through lets give him a chance to do his job.

Brightside
22-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Crane just isn’t good enough tbh. He was out played and bullied against Selkirk.

Brightside
22-12-2017, 08:46 AM

I smell *****.

indiejak1413
22-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Crane just isn’t good enough tbh. He was out played and bullied against Selkirk.I don't think anyone had their best game that day in what was a fairly makeshift team. I still remember him running at them ,beating 4 or 5 players and getting a decent shot away. But then it's just my opinion.

J-C
22-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Yes and only cover 100m/200m. 2 or 3 times every couple of weeks at max output.

Not 10-11km potentially every 3 days depending on fixture back logs.

Very hard to be as fit and as agile as you can be the bigger you are.

Correct, it's not about bulking up on larger bulkier muscles, it's about getting stronger and a general strength. The players body shape and type also determines the mount of muscle they add, this also has to be looked at, light/medium weights, 10x10 sets, dead lifts, squats and core work should be enough to gain strength without getting massive.

Mainstandman
22-12-2017, 01:33 PM

But like myself they only have to last 10 or 20 seconds. Footballers are really endurance athletes who sprint.

RIP
22-12-2017, 08:18 PM
first thing i noticed when he came on against sevco last week was how much weight he had put on :confused:

Inches. Not pounds. He's 11st 12 at 27. Was over 12 1/2 at Hibs at 22. Reckon McGinn is going the wrong way too, his bahookie this season looks bigger than mine.