PDA

View Full Version : Don Cowie: 'we have Hibs in our sights'

andybev1
20-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Was just on the STV news

Well, mate. you better get yourself some binoculars because we will kick on again after the winter break and Hearts will be found out again. :flag: :na na: :hibees

We got Lennon, you have lemons - sucks to be you!

Diclonius
20-12-2017, 05:24 PM
The more pish they slaver in the media the more impetus our players will have to beat them.

emerald green
20-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Who is Don Cowie? Who does he play for?

Mr White
20-12-2017, 05:33 PM
I hope Daz smashes him again.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 05:34 PM
...and so the one win wonders arrogance begins. Keep up the good delusional motivation Donnie Boy

Pretty Boy
20-12-2017, 05:36 PM
I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else. They have had a decent run of late, have cut our lead from 11 points to 3 and play us in the next week.

It’s up to us to put them back in their box.

hibee92
20-12-2017, 05:36 PM
After one (admittedly remarkable) win they're back to being world beaters again. Just like last season when they humped rangers and Motherwell before the derby. Worked out well for them.

murray26
20-12-2017, 05:39 PM
They are probably now favourites for this derby and I don’t mind that one bit.

Deansy
20-12-2017, 05:43 PM
'We have Hibs in our sights'

Translates as : 'We have Hibs on our minds 24/7'

Nothing new or startling.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Glad to see they’re talking themselves up again.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2017, 05:47 PM
They're beneath us and he is probably looking up.

Poor player and now it seems master of stating the bleeding obvious as well. It's okay to aspire Don.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 05:57 PM
They have won 3 matches on the trot having gubbed Celtic. I can't see what he's saying wrong.

bingo70
20-12-2017, 06:00 PM
They have won 3 matches on the trot having gubbed Celtic. I can't see what he's saying wrong.

They play st Johnstone next, not us.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:02 PM

What difference does that make?

Keith_M
20-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with a player being confident.

It's up to Hibs now to show whether we really are the better side.

The Harp
20-12-2017, 06:30 PM

If they do have Hibs in their sights, it would suggest their focus is not 100% on their upcoming game v St. Johnstone.
Saints are well-equipped to get a result against them, especially if their attention is elsewhere. Here's hoping.

Souter96Mac
20-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Hope Cowie plays in the derby, he's gash

BH Hibs
20-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Good for him. Plum.

Tornadoes70
20-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Hope Cowie plays in the derby, he's gash

:top marks

Not only a gash player but also talks gash. How many derbies has this clown been on the winning side?

Mon the Cabbage.

:flag:

Stuart93
20-12-2017, 06:45 PM
I like over confident jambos, none more so than the ones who started doing the "stubbsy stubbsy" whilst we were 2-0 down.

Col2
20-12-2017, 06:47 PM
They are all so super confident now after one decent result.

They are also very reliant on very young players who are usually inconsistent.

They had zero pressure or expectations on them against Celtic.

Let’s see how they handle the pressure of a derby they expect to win.

iwasthere1972
20-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Who is Don Cowie? Who does he play for?

It's the name of the big fat cash cow.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-12-2017, 06:48 PM
He's useless like the rest of them, who cares what he thinks?

Absolutely obsessed.

20-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Sounds like they've forgotten they are playing St Johnstone next who are only 3 points behind them with a game in hand.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-12-2017, 07:02 PM
What happened last time Cowie mouthed off before a derby?

Sioux
20-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Typical of the BS that comes our that ****hole. Their whole existence is measured against Hibs. Night and day, they can't help themselves. Just as well we didnae beat them in 2012. They really would have died.

-Jonesy-
20-12-2017, 07:35 PM
He was great player in FM2012 for some reason

20-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Who?

andybev1
20-12-2017, 07:39 PM

I don't think I said that he said anything wrong did I? Unless it is someone else you are commenting on.

Albanian Hibs
20-12-2017, 07:39 PM
He is pish. Who cares what he has to say.

Borderhibbie76
20-12-2017, 09:04 PM
What difference does that make?Quite a lot actually...they shouldn't even be thinking about the derby until after the weekend. Id be unhappy if our full attention wasn't on Ross Co on Sat...till then the Derby can wait

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Quite a lot actually...they shouldn't even be thinking about the derby until after the weekend. Id be unhappy if our full attention wasn't on Ross Co on Sat...till then the Derby can wait

What? You would be unhappy if one of our players after gubbing Celtic 4 zip came out and said he was looking forward to the Derby at the pink dump?

"Don, have you got Hibs, your main rivals who you play next week and are 3 points ahead of you in your sights?" "Erm no we are looking below us to St Johnstone who are 3 points behind us" paper wants a headline, it gets it.

bingo70
20-12-2017, 09:12 PM
What? You would be unhappy if one of our players after gubbing Celtic 4 zip came out and said he was looking forward to the Derby at the pink dump?

"Don, have you got Hibs, your main rivals who you play next week and are 3 points ahead of you in your sights?" "Erm no we are looking below us to St Johnstone who are 3 points behind us" paper wants a headline, it gets it.

I’d expect and want a hibs player to say “we’re not thinking about Hearts just now, every game is important so all we’re thinking about is the Ross County game”

Borderhibbie76
20-12-2017, 09:13 PM

"Don, have you got Hibs, your main rivals who you play next week and are 3 points ahead of you in your sights?" "Erm no we are looking below us to St Johnstone who are 3 points behind us" paper wants a headline, it gets it.Yes coz they should be concentrating on their next game only...U clearly enjoy going against the grain on here tho so I shall leave u 2nget on with it dude

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 09:13 PM
I’d expect and want a hibs player to say “we’re not thinking about Hearts just now, every game is important so all we’re thinking about is the Ross County game”

Probably. But would you seriously be unhappy if they said what cowrie said? Can't understand the seethe on this one.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Yes coz they should be concentrating on their next game only...U clearly enjoy going against the grain on here tho so I shall leave u 2nget on with it dude

I do? Because I'm not taking a rage at some average Hearts player saying very little wrong? Fair enough.

Borderhibbie76
20-12-2017, 09:18 PM
I do? Because I'm not taking a rage at some average Hearts player saying very little wrong? Fair enough.Nobody is raging?? It's just the usual Jambo bluster pre derby...they do it all the time. Hopefully we do our talking on the pitch once again as we have done the last 8

bingo70
20-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Probably. But would you seriously be unhappy if they said what cowrie said? Can't understand the seethe on this one.

I never took seethe as being the tone of this thread tbh, maybe it’s me that’s picked it up wrong though.

Tbh if a hibs player had said that I’d probably shake my head and think they’d jinxed us, in my experience bugging yourself up into the media tends to leave you with egg on your face.

For the same reason I worry about Bartleys twitter comments after the last derby coming back to haunt us.

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Are our players that thick that they can only think about one game in advance?

What does it even mean when folk say they should be totally focused on the next match only? That this is all that should be on their mind and nowt else?

It’s another crappy football cliché.

Pete
20-12-2017, 09:26 PM
*cliché alert*

We will, as always, do our talking ON the pitch instead of mouthing off then bottling it.

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2017, 09:29 PM
:grr:

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Fair dos guys. **** them.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2017, 01:05 AM

So they have and on paper that's a good run of results in anybody's book ... but when you look at the circumstances of those wins how impressive it is begins to fade a bit.

Win #1 ...... Against a Motherwell team with three key players missing, including Moult, who were coming off the back of 3 games in 10 days against Celtic, including a cup final.

Win #2 ...... Against a Dundee team who have been up and down all season ( mostly down ) and prior to that game had won once in the league away from home all season and whose manager after the game laid into his team for their inept performance.

Win #3 ...... I listened to the whole game on the radio and from what I heard Celtic were well below par, found it difficult to play on the slippy pitch and misfired in front of goal despite making plenty of chances. Also, and I'm quoting from the radio, Hearts got about all the breaks going, including 4 out of 5 shots on target going in and capitalising on some pretty shoddy defending ..... It would be churlish to say the way Hearts played didn't contribute to their win because it clearly did, but at the same time it wasn't purely down to them being 'brilliant'

Chuck into the mix that all of these wins have been at home ... as have all the points made up on us since the last derby and all of a sudden their 'impressive run' isn't quite as indicative of them being a team to be feared as it might seem at first glance.

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2017, 05:48 AM
Is Cowie still at Inverness?

18Hibee75
21-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Is Cowie still at Inverness?Thought he was still at Dundee United.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
21-12-2017, 08:55 AM
They've talked up the Derby and what they are going to do etc for a couple years now. Past 8 derbies prove who really does the talking on the pitch.

They do that as they now know we are the big team. We've won the Scottish Cup and they can't take it, we're unbeaten against them past 8 derbies and they can't take it, we arguably have the second best manager in the league and they can't take it. The tables have turned, all they can do now is talk, OFF the pitch. Absolutely buzzing to shut these pretenders up on the 27th. **** them.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

McSwanky
21-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Player talks up his own team.... shocker. Nothing to see here, move along.

Let's see what he's saying on the 28th.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 09:03 AM
So they have and on paper that's a good run of results in anybody's book ... but when you look at the circumstances of those wins how impressive it is begins to fade a bit.

Win #1 ...... Against a Motherwell team with three key players missing, including Moult, who were coming off the back of 3 games in 10 days against Celtic, including a cup final.

Win #2 ...... Against a Dundee team who have been up and down all season ( mostly down ) and prior to that game had won once in the league away from home all season and whose manager after the game laid into his team for their inept performance.

Win #3 ...... I listened to the whole game on the radio and from what I heard Celtic were well below par, found it difficult to play on the slippy pitch and misfired in front of goal despite making plenty of chances. Also, and I'm quoting from the radio, Hearts got about all the breaks going, including 4 out of 5 shots on target going in and capitalising on some pretty shoddy defending ..... It would be churlish to say the way Hearts played didn't contribute to their win because it clearly did, but at the same time it wasn't purely down to them being 'brilliant'

Chuck into the mix that all of these wins have been at home ... as have all the points made up on us since the last derby and all of a sudden their 'impressive run' isn't quite as indicative of them being a team to be feared as it might seem at first glance.

Fair enough 👍

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-12-2017, 09:16 AM
I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else. They have had a decent run of late, have cut our lead from 11 points to 3 and play us in the next week.

It’s up to us to put them back in their box.

Very much this.

Steve20
21-12-2017, 09:16 AM
It's not just Hearts players. Our players are always shouting off about what we're going to do as well. Last week it was we were going to go to Aberdeen to try and make a statement. And no doubt if we don't win on Saturday, it'll be "we'll try to make it upto the support in the derby". And if that fails it'll be "we'll be back stronger after the break".

All clubs players do it. Hearts should have Hibs in their sights. You should always have the team above you in your thoughts, because that's the team you're aiming to catch next.

green with envy
21-12-2017, 09:40 AM
It's not just Hearts players. Our players are always shouting off about what we're going to do as well. Last week it was we were going to go to Aberdeen to try and make a statement. And no doubt if we don't win on Saturday, it'll be "we'll try to make it upto the support in the derby". And if that fails it'll be "we'll be back stronger after the break".

All clubs players do it. Hearts should have Hibs in their sights. You should always have the team above you in your thoughts, because that's the team you're aiming to catch next.

Maybe that's because we were playing Aberdeen last week - never heard anyone talk up the game against Ross County before we played Aberdeen.

Eaststand
21-12-2017, 10:24 AM
What happened last time Cowie mouthed off before a derby?

Cowie better hope that Darren McGregor doesn't get to hear about him mouthing off before a derby, or he might be in for a sore one ..........again ;-)

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Levien is obsessed with Hibs so it's bound to rub off on his players. I remember when he was last in charge at the pbs all the talk was how they were trying to close the gap to Hibs. Its a tad worrying.

Stuart93
21-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Levien is obsessed with Hibs so it's bound to rub off on his players. I remember when he was last in charge at the pbs all the talk was how they were trying to close the gap to Hibs. Its a tad worrying.

It is worrying but at the same time though he'll be drumming it into them how important the derby is. Something that the hearts players have lacked lately in derbies is fight. I think it'll be a lot harder come the 27th

jacomo
21-12-2017, 11:17 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-locke-hibs-will-face-a-different-hearts-team-in-derby-1-4643847/amp

'Hearts is the third biggest club in Scotland by a mile.'

Aye, Gary, of course it is.

:rolleyes:

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 11:18 AM

I can't remember being ahead of them much when he was there last time.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 11:19 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-locke-hibs-will-face-a-different-hearts-team-in-derby-1-4643847/amp

He doesn't half spout pish pardon the pun.

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2017, 11:30 AM

Wow. Thats the problem with a lot if people connected to Hearts. They actually believe that pish.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Wow. Thats the problem with a lot if people connected to Hearts. They actually believe that pish.

His career has sunk so low he's an ambassador for him. Probably a dream job getting paid to say how big a team they are. 3rd biggest by miles? In terms of what exactly?

lyonhibs
21-12-2017, 11:35 AM
*cliché alert*

We will, as always, do our talking ON the pitch instead of mouthing off then bottling it.

"As always"??? That's quite a short timespan that you've placed on eternity there. Hibs players and managers were until very recently absolutely chronic for blabbing away to the media before abjectly failing to back it up on the pitch.

Anyway, let Cowie chat. After 1 point out of 9 I'm far more concerned about getting a win against Ross County to hopefully start up a decent run again.

McSwanky
21-12-2017, 11:36 AM

:blah::LOL: They're a funny lot, them.

WeeRussell
21-12-2017, 12:03 PM
They do - if asked, I would say the same thing in his position. Up to us to get out their sights again :agree:

green day
21-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Locke, what a fanny.

Iain G
21-12-2017, 12:22 PM
They are all on a different planet over there!

Nanny McPhee has some slightly odd comments from an interview with the BBC...

"I really don't know what the future holds for me, and that's the wonderful thing about football.

"Did I get out the car thinking we would beat Celtic 4-0? No I didn't.

"Did I get up in the morning grab a shirt and pair of jeans in case we did and put them in the car? Yes I did."

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 12:25 PM

"I really don't know what the future holds for me, and that's the wonderful thing about football.

"Did I get up in the morning grab a shirt and pair of jeans in case we did and put them in the car? Yes I did."

He's one seriously odd fellow it has to be said.

McSwanky
21-12-2017, 12:42 PM

He was so happy he shat himself? :dunno:

Iain G
21-12-2017, 12:48 PM
He was so happy he shat himself? :dunno:

I can't work out the relationship between winning a game and putting some clothing into your car? :confused:

GreenLake
21-12-2017, 12:51 PM

He doesn't really think they are bigger than Aberdeen and The Rangers.

Waxy
21-12-2017, 01:02 PM
We have Hibs in our sights.
Translated
Hibs are Edinburghs number one team.

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Im sorry but no trully big club boasts about being the 3rd biggest in the country. Embarrassing statement. Also no trully big club builds a new super stand and ends up with lower gates than Hibs and Aberdeen. Locke should stick to talking about golden showers. We'll do our talking on the park on the 27th as per.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2017, 02:07 PM

:rolleyes:He must be thinking of Midlothian.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk