PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster interview

Ozyhibby
20-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Good interview here.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-i-want-success-to-be-in-hibs-dna-1-4643289
Good to here the clubs ambitions for Europe and a recognition in the massive difference in finances we appear to have with Aberdeen despite their lower crowds.
Recruitment hasn’t been as good the last couple of windows which I’m sure is causing some concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
20-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Anyone got a link to the sky interview?

Elephant Stone
20-12-2017, 03:53 PM
From being beaten by the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton to battling it out at the top of the Premiership table, going toe-to-toe with champions Celtic, it’s been some journey for Hibs over the past few years.

Yup, playing a match against Celtic has always been our dream and it's something we've rarely done before. Thank god we've reached the promised land, what a journey. :tee hee:

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2017, 05:39 PM
It's so encouraging and heart-warming knowing that Leeann is overseeing our wonderful club.
Everything she says is upbeat and positive, whilst realistic at the same time.
The best thing to happen off the field to our club in decades.
She is up there with Tom Farmer for her impact.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2017, 07:18 PM
"Look at Aberdeen. Their finances are materially different because of European competition."

I would be very sceptical that the sheep financial advantage over us is down to playing a few Europa League qualifiers.

danhibees1875
20-12-2017, 07:31 PM
"Look at Aberdeen. Their finances are materially different because of European competition."

I would be very sceptical that the sheep financial advantage over us is down to playing a few Europa League qualifiers.

Their accounts show about £1m for Europe. It's their "commercial" line of £4.7m that makes the difference. I'm not sure what's all included into that.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Their accounts show about £1m for Europe. It's their "commercial" line of £4.7m that makes the difference. I'm not sure what's all included into that.

Thanks for the figures, it would be surprising if our CEO wasn't aware of where their funding comes from so a strange statement.

scoopyboy
20-12-2017, 09:00 PM
I don't think that was an interview as such, more David Hardie reporting what she said at the AGM.

ancient hibee
20-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Imagine it was more likely to be David Hardie transcribing what she said on SKY.