PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Morgan

Stuart93
20-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Supposedly Celtic won the race to sign him...hope he's looking forward to sitting on the bench or going out on loan.

Beefster
20-12-2017, 09:59 AM
I’m confused as to why you sound so bitter? Were we in for him too?

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Great move for him. Training with the best, very good wage as well. I’d do the very same in his position.

JimboHibs
20-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Supposedly Celtic won the race to sign him...hope he's looking forward to sitting on the bench or going out on loan.

Such bitterness.

Michael
20-12-2017, 10:08 AM
St. Mirren would have some squad if they could hold onto their players over the past 5 or so years.

Shame he's gone to Celtic though. We'll probably never hear of him again.

CapitalGreen
20-12-2017, 10:13 AM
St. Mirren would have some squad if they could hold onto their players over the past 5 or so years.

Shame he's gone to Celtic though. We'll probably never hear of him again.

Celtic would have some squad if they could hold onto their players over the past 5 or so years.

Steve20
20-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Such bitterness.

If it was Rangers he signed for, people wouldn't be saying that about bitterness. Celtic really come across as ridiculous when they claim of lack of competition in this country and then hoover up all the talent, even though they know he's not getting near their team.

It's true, his bank balance will improve unbelievably but it's not a good move for his career long term.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Football is the laddies job. Its how he will earn his wage so you cannot blame him for taking the Ugly Quick Shilling however he'll learn that sitting on your bum either in the stand or occassionally the bench gives little job satisfaction or long term earning capacity. If he wanted a long prosperous career he should have taken an intermediate move first to gain more in the long run rather than feed his agents greedy wallet

JDHibs
20-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Christ.

Football is a short career, if i had the chance to make really decent money whilst playing & training with the best players as art of the best team in the country, you better believe id take it!

Stop being bitter.

neil7908
20-12-2017, 10:56 AM
I agree with the OP and I'm not sure it's bitterness.

I've nothing against footballers making cash while the can as it's a short career but clubs down in the English Championship were being discussed and they aren't exactly paying pauper wages!

I just think for guys his age there can be a balance between making good money and going to a club where they can get a game.

From what I've seen of him last year (albeit nothing really this season) he's miles from the Celtic first 11.

Since90+2
20-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Good player. I think he might surprise some people with how much of an impact he makes at Celtic.

Souter96Mac
20-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they offer him to us on loan as part of a McGinn deal.

Pete
20-12-2017, 11:12 AM
If it was Rangers he signed for, people wouldn't be saying that about bitterness. Celtic really come across as ridiculous when they claim of lack of competition in this country and then hoover up all the talent, even though they know he's not getting near their team.

It's true, his bank balance will improve unbelievably but it's not a good move for his career long term.

Agree. Nothing to do with being bitter, just watching history repeat itself.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Maybe we’ll be able to get him in a few years when his contract runs out?

Albanian Hibs
20-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Will be sent out to us on loan in the next year

theonlywayisup
20-12-2017, 11:50 AM

Bitter - "feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment"

Don't see any of that in Stuart93 original post! Bit of an over-reaction to call his post "bitter" is it not?

All Stuart93 is pointing out is that Celtic have a track record of purchasing the best young players in Scotland and very few make it onto the bench it at all. There is a very long list of such players.

He's also not saying it's wrong for the player to go to Celtic and earn much much more than what he's getting at St Mirren.

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Bitter - "feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment"

Don't see any of that in Stuart93 original post! Bit of an over-reaction to call his post "bitter" is it not?

All Stuart93 is pointing out is that Celtic have a track record of purchasing the best young players in Scotland and very few make it onto the bench it at all. There is a very long list of such players.

He's also not saying it's wrong for the player to go to Celtic and earn much much more than what he's getting at St Mirren.

baffling why the word is being used :agree:

Stewboy
20-12-2017, 11:56 AM

Not sure Celtic can win here, they sign foreign players and they aren't giving local youth a chance, they sign local youth and are accused of bench warming them.

They have signed a guy they think can develop and given him a chance, if it doesn't work out he will be shipped out.

Smartie
20-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Not sure Celtic can win here, they sign foreign players and they aren't giving local youth a chance, they sign local youth and are accused of bench warming them.

They have signed a guy they think can develop and given him a chance, if it doesn't work out he will be shipped out.

Celtic have actually done a decent job of giving domestic players a chance.

Ok, it doesn't work out for everyone that they've signed but I don't think that they should be criticised too much for this (unlike themselves and Rangers 15 years or so ago).

Stuart93
20-12-2017, 12:31 PM
100% not being bitter, thought a move like mcginn done from st.mirren to another Scottish side, establish himself & now feature in the national side. Would mcginn be at the point he's at now in career if he'd went straight from st.mirren to Celtic? I'm not sure he would.

ancient hibee
20-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Is there really a very long list?

Hibbyradge
20-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Great move for him. Training with the best, very good wage as well. I’d do the very same in his position.

That's my thinking too. He's probably just signed a contract worth well in excess of £1m and, if he's as good as everyone thinks, he'll be at Celtic for the next decade.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2017, 01:19 PM
100% not being bitter, thought a move like mcginn done from st.mirren to another Scottish side, establish himself & now feature in the national side. Would mcginn be at the point he's at now in career if he'd went straight from st.mirren to Celtic? I'm not sure he would.

He previously turned Celtic down and left Rangers to ensure he got games.

He must feel that he's ready for a bigger club.

He's 21, not 17. That's the same age Scott Brown was when he signed for Celtic and he's not done too badly although I remember predictions of bench warming at the time too.

J-C
20-12-2017, 01:23 PM

St Mirren aren't quite competition for Celtic, the laddie hasn't proved himself on the bigger stage yet, he's a talent with potential and nothing more. All bigger clubs pick the better players from smaller clubs, it's been going on for years.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2017, 01:37 PM
That's my thinking too. He's probably just signed a contract worth well in excess of £1m and, if he's as good as everyone thinks, he'll be at Celtic for the next decade.

I can't understand why he hasn't furthered his career by establishing himself at a really big club. Say someone like, oh I don't know, Nottingham Forest?

Famous Fiver
20-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Seems like an interesting back story.

Perhaps someone can confirm but was either released by, or chose to leave Rangers in 2015. Don't know how long he was with them but somebopdy there must have been happy to let him go.

Joined Saints and has now signed for Celtic in what some may consider an unusual career move. Immediately loaned back to Saints until the end of the seaso, probably to keep the fee lower and to help with their push for promotion. The cynical among us might suggest that they are getting him on the cheap, the carrot of helping Saints up and making a substantial potential financial gain seduced the decision makers there.

When I say unusual career move it might be interesting to have a list of players who have crossed the Glasgow divide and in what direction they moved. Don't know if one exceeds the other.

At any rate not coming to us.

Since90+2
20-12-2017, 02:57 PM
McGeouch was at Celtic then signed for Rangers and went back to Celtic again all as a youth player .

Iggy Pope
20-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Seems like an interesting back story.

Perhaps someone can confirm but was either released by, or chose to leave Rangers in 2015. Don't know how long he was with them but somebopdy there must have been happy to let him go.

Joined Saints and has now signed for Celtic in what some may consider an unusual career move. Immediately loaned back to Saints until the end of the seaso, probably to keep the fee lower and to help with their push for promotion. The cynical among us might suggest that they are getting him on the cheap, the carrot of helping Saints up and making a substantial potential financial gain seduced the decision makers there.

When I say unusual career move it might be interesting to have a list of players who have crossed the Glasgow divide and in what direction they moved. Don't know if one exceeds the other.

At any rate not coming to us.

Kenny Miller seemed to cross it more than once.
Alfie Conn.

ancient hibee
20-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Wee Mo (almost).

HoboHarry
20-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Wee Mo (almost).
Almost?

ancient hibee
20-12-2017, 03:16 PM
As often as Miller.

HoboHarry
20-12-2017, 03:19 PM
As often as Miller.
Ah, fair enough.....

Iggy Pope
20-12-2017, 03:24 PM
As often as Miller.

Miller has played for Celtic once in between playing for Rangers three times. Why 'almost' for Maurice Johnston?
Edit. Actually, never mind.