PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller

Firestarter
19-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Been told tonight his football career is over an has been advised to retire. Shame for him, total pro, got us a pretty penny and showed decency when we won the cup. Maybe the cat can clear it up as he knows better than me.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 11:30 PM
It's probably for the best; he's been playing twenty years now. I remember him breaking through at Hibs, in what feels like a lifetime ago! I don't have a problem with Kenneth, even though he's been a Hun for so long.

Cardinal G
19-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Gutted for him, does seem like an age watching him break through at Hibs , agree about respect from him on 21st may 16 was appreciated. I have to say I was a tad dissapointed at some fellow fans in the west cheering when he went down injured last week , everyone could see it didn't look good. Not Hibs class doing that I have to say.

Diclonius
20-12-2017, 12:10 AM
I said at the time I reckon he could be finished after he went down last week. It's a shame that's proven to be correct.

I clapped him off as did many others. A model professional.

Billychaotic182
20-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Gutted for him, does seem like an age watching him break through at Hibs , agree about respect from him on 21st may 16 was appreciated. I have to say I was a tad dissapointed at some fellow fans in the west cheering when he went down injured last week , everyone could see it didn't look good. Not Hibs class doing that I have to say.

Flip side a lot of fans in the West applauded him off.

Cardinal G
20-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Yep should have added that apologises, many stood around me to join in applause, just at the time it didn't feel it was a good reaction to cheer the initial injury.

hibby6270
20-12-2017, 01:46 AM
Yep should have added that apologises, many stood around me to join in applause, just at the time it didn't feel it was a good reaction to cheer the initial injury.

Its a kind of natural reaction to “cheer” an opposition player who goes down injured, no matter who the player is. However, in Kenny’s case it became more or less immediately obvious he had suffered a bad one. Whilst his connection with the OF always felt bitter, there was still something in me that had a bit of respect for him given he started his career with us and did pretty well for us.

On realising his injury was serious, he never moved an inch after going down and that’s not like him, I had no problem giving him a clap (in a manner of respect) as they stretchered him away.

truehibernian
20-12-2017, 01:56 AM

As did people behind the scenes in the tunnel and dressing room when he was on the stretcher :aok: he's a great lad and deserves everything he's gained from the game - top pro :agree: hope he comes back to Hibs as a coach.

green day
20-12-2017, 05:48 AM
I have to say I was a tad dissapointed at some fellow fans in the west cheering when he went down injured last week , everyone could see it didn't look good

Afraid to say I cheered, couldn't see past the strip and their disgusting fans at the time, but you are right of course.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2017, 06:24 AM
Tam McManus said on Twitter yesterday that he had the same injury and it effectively finished him and he still feels the injury now. Miller is a lot older than McManus was when he got it.

007 Mickey Weir
20-12-2017, 06:25 AM
That’s sad news. A model pro. Did well for us and loved that goal in the millennium derby. Also the respect he shows in the cup final is real class.

weecounty hibby
20-12-2017, 06:28 AM
I cheered when he went down, he was playing for the Hun and Dylan had just skinned him. Natural reaction. I also applauded him off, I remember him breaking through at Hibs and his goal in the millennium derby was a thing of beauty. Pity he became so Hunnish on the park but a very very good pro and apparently a gent of it. Remember he came I to the Hibs dressing room after 21/05/16 to say well done. Sad way to end his career

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2017, 06:40 AM
When you take the hun pound, you take everything that comes with it, be it cheers or abuse.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:42 AM
Sadly for Kenny it isn’t looking good. I’d be very surprised if he comes back from this. He’s gutted to say the least but nice to see some comments on here about him. Doesn’t matter who he played for wouldn’t wish injury on anyone. Kenny has had a great career and always been a fantastic pro on and off the pitch.

Golden Bear
20-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Sadly for Kenny it isn’t looking good. I’d be very surprised if he comes back from this. He’s gutted to say the least but nice to see some comments on here about him. Doesn’t matter who he played for wouldn’t wish injury on anyone. Kenny has had a great career and always been a fantastic pro on and off the pitch.

:agree:

keep the faith
20-12-2017, 06:57 AM
When you take the hun pound, you take everything that comes with it, be it cheers or abuse.

Right time for that comment Blackpool?

bod
20-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Been told tonight his football career is over an has been advised to retire. Shame for him, total pro, got us a pretty penny and showed decency when we won the cup. Maybe the cat can clear it up as he knows better than me.

How much did he go for ?

Edinburgh Green
20-12-2017, 07:08 AM
How much did he go for ?

£2m I think?

Smartie
20-12-2017, 07:09 AM
I liked him for Scotland. Wholehearted player who ran his socks off and was great at the "high press". I remember he was playing the best football of his career when Levein opted for his 4-6-0 in a game that was made for him.

I actually had a bit more respect for the fact that he celebrated goals against us wildly. I'm sure he is grateful for the role we played in his development but he was being paid to play and score goals for other teams - why pretend not to enjoy it?

Huge respect to him also for the cup final when he found some class deep within himself at a time when Sevco had collapsed into a seething, bitter mess. It took balls.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2017, 07:11 AM

I think it's a fair obs. He's a footballer and a Hun icon. Universal love doesn't really apply to this situation.

Decent player who had a long and varied career. Enjoyed ramming it right up us at any opportunity and why not. If that's him finished then he can say he went out at the top and at the place where his career started.

JimBHibees
20-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Very good professional whose attitude earned him an excellent career and made the very most of his talents unlike some others who came through the club.

LancsHibs
20-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Shame for him, every transfer window for past couple of years we have had KM rumours. Would liked to have seen him in Hibs green again before he finished.

Northernhibee
20-12-2017, 07:28 AM

Classy.

hibsbollah
20-12-2017, 07:29 AM
I remember watching him from the old West (maybe '99 or thereabouts?) under the lights tear the hun defence a new one in a 2-2 draw. He looked about nine stone like a gust of wind would blow him over. Seems a lifetime ago!

Heisenberg
20-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Well, it looks like he was able to finish his career at Easter Road after all. He’s a good pro who liked to get it up us whenever he scored, particularly at ER, which doesn’t overly bother me. He’s also the only hun who showed any sort of class and dignity after the cup final, even to the point of getting his Mrs to confirm he wasn’t assaulted on the pitch when Keith Jackson was going into overdrive with his “11 players were attacked” patter.

Good luck to the guy.

Gregor
20-12-2017, 07:36 AM
One of the good guys IMO. A great player regardless of the shirt he's wearing. Can't recall him at any time behaving improperly, or acting up.

During an inaugural Erin Trust meeting, the late and great Lawrie Reilly described a young Kenny Miller as the most naturally gifted and important Scottish striker of his generation. Takes one to know one :)

It's strange - I always had a feeling that Kenny would end his career at Easter Road. Just not this way. Hope this is not the case.

staunchhibby
20-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Sad ending to a great career.

Onion
20-12-2017, 07:46 AM

:agree: We were some of those who cheered when he went down injured, but quickly shut up when we realised it was serious. We applauded him off the field. Will always remember him breaking through at Hibs, seemed to always score against the OF and of course will always be remembered for his goal in the Millennium Derby. Comes across as a really good guy, with a sensible head on his shoulders and true pro always giving 100% to his team and Scotland.

He's been very lucky to have such a long career.

BSEJVT
20-12-2017, 07:56 AM
Classy.

Any less classy that folks continuous hounding of Stokes who is a current Hibs player and bona fide cup winning legend?

SeanWilson
20-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Always time for sanctimony though, eh? 🙄

Northernhibee
20-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Any less classy that folks continuous hounding of Stokes who is a current Hibs player and bona fide cup winning legend?

Yes, a lot less.

Sylar
20-12-2017, 08:12 AM
I've no idea what Kenny's aspirations were when he finished his playing career, but he's very knowledgable about the game and seems a very personable individual indeed. I reckon he'd make a great manager/coach and hope it's maybe something he's thinking about should his playing days indeed be done.

He's carried a poor Rangers side for a couple of seasons now, and after all the nonsense he endured under Caixinha, it'll be a shame if it's injury rather than his own decision that brings down the curtain.

BSEJVT
20-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Yes, a lot less.

Matter of opinion

On the one hand we have an ex player of over 15 years ago, who has taken great delight in sticking it up us over these years

On the other a current player, cup winning final legend, who probably realises that his best days are behind him struggling to live up to fans expectations of him and being roundly criticised by folk who call themselves supporters of the team he plays for.

I know who is more deserving of our support.

For the record I didn't cheer when Miller went down but certainly didn't applaud him as he went off, although I would do to most other injured players.

I couldn't give a hoot whether he ever plays again, if you are not for us you are against us.

Miller has most certainly been against us for most of his playing career

Pretty Boy
20-12-2017, 08:36 AM
I think the cheers when he went down were a bit of a natural reaction to the fact he had just been skinned and it initially looked like he had just fell on his erse. When he didn't move after a few seconds it became clear it was a serious one. A lot, I'd say the majority, of people around me applauded him when he was stretchered off.

Guy was a very good player for us even of we didn't get his best years. He is a model pro who combines his natural talent with determination and work rate and has made a more than decent career for himself. There's plenty young players who could learn from him. I wish him well.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Kenny probably instinctively went where the money was during his career, its a short earning time and you have to live as best you can after it ends.

He was something special when he burst on the scene at Hibs, I always thought he was a great pro, I never looked forward to him playing against us and his conduct after we beat the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers in the cup final tells me a bit about the man. I wish him well.

wookie70
20-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Matter of opinion

On the one hand we have an ex player of over 15 years ago, who has taken great delight in sticking it up us over these years

On the other a current player, cup winning final legend, who probably realises that his best days are behind him struggling to live up to fans expectations of him and being roundly criticised by folk who call themselves supporters of the team he plays for.

For the record I didn't cheer when Miller went down but certainly didn't applaud him as he went off, although I would do to most other injured players.

I couldn't give a hoot whether he ever plays again, if you are not for us you are against us.

I'm similar didn't cheer or applaud. Lots to like about Kenny Miller but he has been a Hun most of his career and seems to enjoy it very much. I've watch him dive for free kicks against us and clatter into unwinnable challenges. He hasn't looked very classy when he has scored against us very often. I'll give him the class he showed at the Cup Final but as someone who is usually quite appreciative of ex players efforts there is something about Miller that really gets on my goat. That being said his professionalism is to be admired and I wouldn't want to see any worker lose their career through injury.

eastmainsmsh
20-12-2017, 09:06 AM
sorry to hear he has had a great career

brog
20-12-2017, 10:06 AM
The DR today is saying he'll be back in the new year. We'll see.

heretoday
20-12-2017, 10:36 AM
He was very fast but I always felt he should have scored more goals than he did.
He missed some howlers.

lyonhibs
20-12-2017, 11:25 AM
I remember watching him from the old West (maybe '99 or thereabouts?) under the lights tear the hun defence a new one in a 2-2 draw. He looked about nine stone like a gust of wind would blow him over. Seems a lifetime ago!

Remember it well. I'm pretty sure their CB (Amorouso and Moore?) swapped sides at half time because he was giving one of them such a roasting in the first half.

Lago
20-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Doing his couching badges and some under 21 coaching at Ibrox so think thats where he'll be focusing from now on.

HibbyKeith
20-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Doing his couching badges and some under 21 coaching at Ibrox so think thats where he'll be focusing from now on.

I wondered what he was doing in DFS the other day. :greengrin

Biggie
20-12-2017, 11:41 AM
He lived the dream.......shame it seems an injury will be the end of him. Always looked a player, athletic, busy, never gave defenders peace.....could score goals too.
All the best son.....

WeeRussell
20-12-2017, 12:03 PM
I think the cheers when he went down were a bit of a natural reaction to the fact he had just been skinned and it initially looked like he had just fell on his erse. When he didn't move after a few seconds it became clear it was a serious one. A lot, I'd say the majority, of people around me applauded him when he was stretchered off.

Guy was a very good player for us even of we didn't get his best years. He is a model pro who combines his natural talent with determination and work rate and has made a more than decent career for himself. There's plenty young players who could learn from him. I wish him well.

:agree: The cheers were for McGeough (I think) managing to put him on his erse without touching him, from where I was standing. Then okay a bit of a raised cheer in the moment when he pulled up.. not because Hibs fans thought he was going to be out for any length of time.

I didn't applaud myself but certainly a number of people did. I remember being quite surprised at the time how much of an applause he got (albeit I didn't have any notion of it being a serious injury from my view up the line)

snooky
20-12-2017, 12:39 PM
When Kenny broke through as a youngster he was the most exciting player I'd seen for ages in a Hibs' shirt. Like most, I was disappointed when he went West however many before and after have gone that route. As a player he deserves credit for his lengthy career and unbelievable fitness. His dressing room visit after the cup final gained him a lot of respect from me.
I for one hope his career isn't over because of this recent injury.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Matter of opinion

Couldnt have put it better myself.:top marks

basehibby
20-12-2017, 02:32 PM
I'm sad to hear that and applaud KM for what has been a fantastic career for him.

I remember him breaking through at Hibs and was bitterly disappointed when he left to join the Huns. However - KM had signed a long extension with Hibs shortly before his departure, apparently with one eye fixed on securing a fee for the club - and the funds realised from his release contributed to one of the best and most entertaining Hibs sides seen in years - so my bitterness dissipated pretty soon thereafter once I put things into perspective.

He's been a model pro over the years which extended his career into his mid 30s and he was a stalwart for Scotland. Also - far from being the uber-hun depicted by the those of the slavering at the mouth persuasion on here, I've never noticed him being anything other than a gent on AND off the pitch. He's always shown respect for his former clubs - especially Hibs - expressing this at the end of the famous 2016 cup win by coming into the Hibs dressing room to congratulate the players.

He more than once expressed a desire to finish his playing days at Hibs - which proved bizzarely prescient although definately not in the way that he would have hoped or expected. So - Kenny Miller I salute you as one of footballs nice guys and as a model pro. Who knows - if he ends up in coaching or management we may yet see a renewal of his Hibs association in future - I for one would welcome it!

Smartie
20-12-2017, 02:44 PM
It takes all sorts of different attributes to make it as a footballer.

You'd sometimes hold a player up as an example of having a standout characteristic - a first touch, a burst of pace, a dangerous set piece delivery, a cool finish.

Has there been a player with a better attitude than Kenny Miller? Hard-working, positive, energetic, looked after himself, a nuisance of a player until a very good age, committed to both club and country, never gave up in any game.

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Kenny Miller has my utmost respect and gratitude for his time with us.
He showed humility and dignity in congratulating us after the cup final - this alone singles him out from the usual arrogant and sore-loser Hun.
I'm sure he has a bright future ahead in the game in whatever capacity - coaching/management, maybe punditry.
Who knows, he might end up a future manager at our beloved club.
All the best Kenny.
I wish you a healthy recovery.

emerald green
20-12-2017, 05:28 PM
if you are not for us you are against us.

Miller always showed great delight whenever he scored for der Hun against Hibs, especially at ER.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Miller always showed great delight whenever he scored for der Hun against Hibs, especially at ER.

After he left them he was a regular in the west when he wasn't playing for Wolves. He showed great delight scoring against Huns for Celtic too.

emerald green
20-12-2017, 06:02 PM
After he left them he was a regular in the west when he wasn't playing for Wolves. He showed great delight scoring against Huns for Celtic too.

So he loves Hibs, Celtic, and the Rangers?

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:04 PM

No, he just loves football and scoring goals. He loved being at Hibs and I'm shocked he didn't come back tbh. I don't think he supports a side as far as I'm aware.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:06 PM

I mind we sat in the West for the derby when De La Cruz scored 2. When coming out couple fans walked up and one spat on him. That was it after that, I couldn’t believe anyone would stoop so low. Kenny has no issues with fans not liking him but when it comes to folk spitting and wanting to fight then it’s not worth the hassle. Thankfully these guys are few and far between and most would come up and shake his hand rather than abuse him.

Nakedmanoncrack

I remember Paul Kane taking great delight when scoring against us at Easter Rd for Aberdeen, and unlike Miller Hibs were always his team.

Iggy Pope

No idea about the man's allegiance but I got a good look at him celebrating in the pundit box on one of the recent occasions that we ****ed Hertz out the cup. And he wasn't caring who seen him.

emerald green
20-12-2017, 06:09 PM
I mind we sat in the West for the derby when De La Cruz scored 2. When coming out couple fans walked up and one spat on him. That was it after that, I couldn’t believe anyone would stoop so low. Kenny has no issues with fans not liking him but when it comes to folk spitting and wanting to fight then it’s not worth the hassle. Thankfully these guys are few and far between and most would come up and shake his hand rather than abuse him.

Are you saying it was Hibs fans who were doing the spitting? Appalling if true.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:16 PM

That actually rings a bell Cat. I don't think he was back after that. He was happy to sit in with the fans although Tambo would offer tickets, sign autographs Autographs etc. I've not got a bad thing to say about him. Even more respect after his actions after the final and his missus reply to reports of him being attacked on twitter.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Are you saying it was Hibs fans who were doing the spitting?

Yes.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Are you saying it was Hibs fans who were doing the spitting?

Yes, they walked out behind us in the West. Both wearing Hibs scarfs!

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:19 PM
No idea about the man's allegiance but I got a good look at him celebrating in the pundit box on one of the recent occasions that we ****ed Hertz out the cup. And he wasn't caring who seen him.

He takes great delight in seeing us beat that mob. He hates them 👍🏼

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:21 PM
That actually rings a bell Cat. I don't think he was back after that. He was happy to sit in with the fans although Tambo would offer tickets, sign autographs Autographs etc. I've not got a bad thing to say about him. Even more respect after his actions after the final and his missus reply to reports of him being attacked on twitter.

That really annoyed him mate after what the press printed. Laura at least put them right though and I think it was appreciated as everyone else kept their mouths shut when they could easily have cleared it up.

jacomo
20-12-2017, 06:22 PM

You have the inside track on this but I'd imagine it's too early to know how serious this injury is. Hibs.net has a tendency towards the hysterical.

"He'll never play again!" ala Stokes a few weeks ago.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:24 PM
That really annoyed him mate after what the press printed. Laura at least put them right though and I think it was appreciated as everyone else kept their mouths shut when they could easily have cleared it up.

👍 Thinking back to that hertz match it was utterly pissing down and he stuck out with his fake tan that him and another boy you probably know used to get ripped to bits about 😂 He's more of a Hibee than AAA mind 😉

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:25 PM
You have the inside track on this but I'd imagine it's too early to know how serious this injury is. Hibs.net has a tendency towards the hysterical.

He hasn’t been told it’s over but it’s a very serious injury that even a young fit player could find hard to fully recover. Still early doors but it looks a bad one.

Firestarter

I was told by family who know him personally which has been confirmed by cat it's not looking good so hardly hysterical. As confirmed above.

All the luck in the world to him by the way.

emerald green
Yes.

Yes, they walked out behind us in the West. Both wearing Hibs scarfs!

There's just no excuse for that. Low and disgusting.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:26 PM
👍 Thinking back to that hertz match it was utterly pissing down and he stuck out with his fake tan that him and another boy you probably know used to get ripped to bits about 😂 He's more of a Hibee than AAA mind 😉

Haha I think I do know who you mean 😁

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Haha I think I do know who you mean 😁

😂 Good Man.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Honest I couldn’t believe it, but fair play to the hibs fans that seen it they were going mental at them and went over to Kenny to apologise. Always get idiots in the support shame we ran into these ones that day.

Brooster
20-12-2017, 06:30 PM
The game is 1 headless chicken less if he retires.

emerald green
20-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Honest I couldn’t believe it, but fair play to the hibs fans that seen it they were going mental at them and went over to Kenny to apologise. Always get idiots in the support shame we ran into these ones that day.

It's a pity those two couldn't be identified.

Lago
20-12-2017, 06:44 PM

You can't legislate for some of the balloons that attach themselves to football clubs, unfortunately Hibs have a fair few.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:44 PM
It's a pity those two couldn't be identified.

I know, i’d remember them but never seen then again since.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 06:46 PM
You can't legislate for some of the balloons that attach themselves to football clubs, unfortunately Hibs have a fair few.

That’s it every club has them, every work place has them these folk are wired differently and have no social boundaries at all. Think it’s funny or hard, thing is they looked like they couldn’t fight there way out a wet paper bag and quickly took off.

Lago
20-12-2017, 06:49 PM
That’s it every club has them, every work place has them these folk are wired differently and have no social boundaries at all. Think it’s funny or hard, thing is they looked like they couldn’t fight there way out a wet paper bag and quickly took off.

Well that description perfectly describes cowards.

lapsedhibee
20-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Are you saying it was Hibs fans who were doing the spitting? Appalling if true.

:agree: Low and disgusting if it had been Hearts fans, too.

monktonharp
21-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Kenny probably instinctively went where the money was during his career, its a short earning time and you have to live as best you can after it ends.

He was something special when he burst on the scene at Hibs, I always thought he was a great pro, I never looked forward to him playing against us and his conduct after we beat the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers in the cup final tells me a bit about the man. I wish him well.you could say its a short term, in earnings terms but let's be honest. he broke into the first team in the millennium, at ER. scored the third goal, at tynie while playing alongside Sauzee, and finished (probably0 his playing career last week at ER. No a bad kick at the Ba' imho. consider young Cathro, having to turn to management so early and try make a fist of things:greengrin. I have heard stuff over the years that he really wanted to finish his career at ER. Well, he got it. he was a THE Rangrs man, so that's it . I did applaud him off the park, as I would do so with any player that needs to leave on a stretcher. Not to the same extent as applauding John Brownlie mind you.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Like most folk I cheered when Miller went down in the game a few days back, but I also applauded him off when it became clear it was more than just a run of the mill injury ... I don't see any contradiction in that because then it became a matter of showing respect to an honest pro who had put in a decent shift for Hibs when he was here and for Scotland over the years. I wouldn't wish serious injury on any player, no matter how much I might hate them or the team they play for.

The thing that has set me ( and most Hibs fans I would guess ) against Miller over the years is the obvious joy he always seemed to get when he scored against us .... sorry, but any player who gleefully chucks himself into the Hun hordes after scoring against Hibs isn't going to make it to the top of my Christmas card list and I found it especially annoying knowing that very same player was given his break in professional football by Hibs.
I always found his over the top celebrations disrespectful .... not so much to us as fans even if it did piss me off, because hey if you dish it out you should be able to take it, but disrespectful to Hibs as a club which IMO was bang out of order ... its not like he was a Jason Cummings who was binned by his club and was getting sweet revenge.

If it is the end of his playing career then I wish him all the best personally as an honest hardworking pro who had more than a little talent .... If his future is as a coach with The Rangers 2012 then I hope he fails miserably.

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 10:06 AM

I don't have a problem with him looking delighted when he scores, why should he? Its getting to the stage where these players who don't celebrate against their former club becomes cringey and manufactured. I loved it last weekend when Arnautovic did a virtual GIRUY to the Stoke fans who had been abusing him all game. Going further back it didn't bother me when Ian Murray did it to us or Boruc had his banter with the East Stand either.

HappyAsHellas
21-12-2017, 01:18 PM
I think Kenny looked delighted every time he scored irrespective of which club he played for, someone who loved his job which is good to see. Wish him all the best whatever the outcome.

jacomo
21-12-2017, 01:59 PM
I think Kenny looked delighted every time he scored irrespective of which club he played for, someone who loved his job which is good to see. Wish him all the best whatever the outcome.

:agree:

This is how he managed to represent both of the Glasgow gruesome twosome and not be hated.

My_Wife_Camille
21-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Would be a really ***** way to end what has been a good career. Hopefully he can get a couple of games in before the end of the season and he can finish in his own terms

ekhibee
21-12-2017, 05:23 PM
One of the best goals I saw him score for us was against Celtic, just after their Russian goalie had been injured and replaced by Jonathan Gould. Great finish by Miller for that one. I can't seem to find it on youtube anywhere, but I'm sure it must be.

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 06:32 PM
One of the best goals I saw him score for us was against Celtic, just after their Russian goalie had been injured and replaced by Jonathan Gould. Great finish by Miller for that one. I can't seem to find it on youtube anywhere, but I'm sure it must be.

Sure he scored winners 2 weeks in a row Sunday's against the old old firm.

dp00
21-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Maybe he can replace Boyd on sky sports as a pundit ... he would surely be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Maybe he can replace Boyd on sky sports as a pundit ... he would surely be better

Boyd isn't actually that bad and knows his stuff. Right now he's trying to make a name for himself but he will settle down imo.

Carheenlea
22-12-2017, 09:01 AM
I sit in the front row of west upper and the incident happened right below me - it was obvious right away he had hurt himself pretty bad. McGeouch's clever feint and turn just left Miller wrong footed and it was quite sickening seeing him crumple. He is as lean now as he was 20 years ago and is as young a 37 as you'll get, and someone who looked like he still had a few years left.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Boyd isn't actually that bad and knows his stuff. Right now he's trying to make a name for himself but he will settle down imo.

Thought it was mental that he was touting his current manager for the vacant seat at ibrokes.

theonlywayisup
22-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Despite the fact he played for The Rangers, I've always liked and respected Kenny Miller.

I think it's amazing that he's still looking so fit at the age he is. I don't know anything about his lifestyle away from football, but he's certainly kept himself fit.

He's had a good career and I wish him nothing but the best for the future.

oldbutdim
22-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Was it not this portly pundit who claimed Super John had 'played his last game for Hibs' some weeks ago or was that a different slavering buffoon?

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Was it not this portly pundit who claimed Super John had 'played his last game for Hibs' some weeks ago or was that a different slavering buffoon?

No that was him, also said 100% Mcinnes would take the Rangers job. Like I said trying to make a name for himself. He should stick to punditry mind.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Thought it was mental that he was touting his current manager for the vacant seat at ibrokes.

Never seen that. Ffs 😂

oldbutdim
22-12-2017, 12:45 PM
No that was him, also said 100% Mcinnes would take the Rangers job. Like I said trying to make a name for himself. He should stick to punditry mind.

If he was trying for ‘Slavering Buffoon’ as the name, I reckon he’s pretty well nailed it.

Firestarter
22-12-2017, 01:40 PM
If he was trying for ‘Slavering Buffoon’ as the name, I reckon he’s pretty well nailed it.

Fair enough I'm probably similar that's why I think he's no bad :greengrin

Craig_HFC
22-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Well, TheCat always said that Kenny Miller would finish his career at Easter Road...

basehibby
22-12-2017, 07:55 PM

So what?!? He's a striker and it's his job to score goals.

RamYer1902
23-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Afraid to say I cheered, couldn't see past the strip and their disgusting fans at the time, but you are right of course.

Nail on head.

Hun injured = cheer.

Simple.