PDA

View Full Version : Yams

stoneyburn hibs
19-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Just been given £4.5m by an anonymous benefactor.
Lucky gits

3pm
19-12-2017, 01:08 PM
The Hibs boy who backed them on Sunday.

green day
19-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Lucky gits

From the JKB AGM thread

"Another £1,5m from our Benefactor"

They clearly have someone with more money than sense supporting them.

Pete
19-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Hibs: the people’s club.

Hearts: The club of the establishment, snobbery, inherited wealth, dodgy debts and Panama papers.

Geo_1875
19-12-2017, 01:20 PM
So now they can afford to finish off their stand.

Or if we beat them next week Potter will buy 6 or 7 players to make sure they don't lose to us in the cup.

My_Wife_Camille
19-12-2017, 01:23 PM
tory ****s

sleeping giant
19-12-2017, 01:28 PM
I hope it gets nicked

Scottie
19-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Lucky gits
Maybe they could pay it back to all the people they screwed over. :no way::no way:

snooky
19-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Maybe it's not actually been "given" but it's a 'sub' from someone with a former connection to the club. :wink:

The_Horde
19-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Vlad.

MyJo
19-12-2017, 01:37 PM
How do "anonymous donations" fit with the financial fair play rules that are meant to be in place nowadays?

FifeHibs
19-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Anne Budge is the mystery benefactor.

KdyHby
19-12-2017, 01:47 PM
main stand to reach £15 million Hearts chairwoman Ann Budge and manager Craig Levein arrive at Tynecastle for today's agm. Pic: Greg Macvean BARRY ANDERSON Email Published: 12:58 Tuesday 19 December 2017 0 HAVE YOUR SAY Hearts owner Ann Budge has revealed that the final cost of Tynecastle Park’s new main stand will reach £15 million. Budge told shareholders at Tuesday’s annual general meeting that anonymous benefactors have agreed to provide an extra £1.5m to help with the project. The initial cost to rebuild the stand was to be £12m, a figure revised to £14m earlier this year. Budge confirmed that stadium redevelopment is now expected to total £15m. Benefactors were initially giving £3m towards the cost but will now contribute £4.5m in total by the time work is finished at Tynecastle in summer 2018. “I thought we were looking at £14m, I’m now telling you I think we are looking at £15m,” Budge explained to shareholders at the 111th Hearts AGM inside the stadium’s Gorgie Suite. Budge predicted that the new stand will earn Hearts around an extra £1m income per year. She added that the board have the use of a £1.75m loan facility to help with costs and are intending to use at least some of those funds over the winter months. There are no plans at the moment to rename the new stand through sponsorship but this has not been ruled for the future. Hearts still hope to replace the Tynecastle pitch next summer with a hybrid surface similar to that at Murrayfield. Budge explained that the price for this will be between £850,000 and £1m. Manager Craig Levein also addressed the AGM and said he expects another six or eight youth academy players to sign professional contracts with the Edinburgh club next summer. That follows the recent progress of 16-year-olds Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald into the first team this season. Levein also insisted Hearts’ recruitment must improve after six out of nine players signed in January this year were released during the summer. “I think the recruitment was better in the summer than it was in January. We got a real fright in January, when mistakes were made,” said Levein, who was director of football at that time with Ian Cathro head coach. “We are trying to limit mistakes but I don’t think we’ll ever get to a point where we don’t make any. “I’m glad I decided to go back into the dugout (in September). At least I go home on a Saturday night exhausted from shouting rather than sitting in the stand frustrated.” A question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”. The Easter Road side have not lost any of the last eight meetings between the clubs since August 2014. “Nobody has sat in that stand feeling sick more than me,” replied Levein. “We’ve been poor in derby matches in the last couple of years and we will be ready for the next one. I can’t guarantee we’ll win but we won’t be bullied, that’s for sure.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agm-final-cost-of-main-stand-to-reach-15-million-1-4643058

Not In The Know
19-12-2017, 01:51 PM
that outfit of hers could probably do with a dry clean by now.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2017, 01:53 PM

of course she is :agree:

Ozyhibby
19-12-2017, 01:53 PM
How do "anonymous donations" fit with the financial fair play rules that are meant to be in place nowadays?

Hibs have no interest in FFP. I asked a fans rep and didn’t even get a reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Hibs have no interest in FFP. I asked a fans rep and didn’t even get a reply.

That's simply untrue Ozy

Not In The Know
19-12-2017, 01:54 PM
A question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”.

LOL.

greenlex
19-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Ive no problem with any club getting help for things like infrastructure. It should however not be a mystery one. The person or company should be made clear. Why the need for secrecy if there is nothing underhand going on?

FifeHibs
19-12-2017, 02:00 PM
of course she is :agree:

She has also paid for a majority of the stand.

Velma Dinkley
19-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Did any Hearts fans ask if the mystery person wants anything in return...like all their money back plus 6% interest?

Fife-Hibee
19-12-2017, 02:04 PM
A question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”.

LOL.

Hee hee ! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Alan62
19-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Not sure she is but I do know for a fact there are others from Edinburgh's establishment who have donated to the cause.

theonlywayisup
19-12-2017, 02:13 PM

LOL.

Having attended the recent AGM, it's interesting that there was virtually no reference to Hertz at all. No questions and very little in the way of a dig at Hertz, especially considering all the problems they've had at Tiny. It was as if they didn't exist.

However, at the Hertz AGM, there's a question from the floor about how can they stop being bullied by the 'wee' team. Big team, my derrière.

Benny Brazil
19-12-2017, 02:13 PM
question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”. The Easter Road side have not lost any of the last eight meetings between the clubs since August 2014. “Nobody has sat in that stand feeling sick more than me,” replied Levein. “We’ve been poor in derby matches in the last couple of years and we will be ready for the next one. I can’t guarantee we’ll win but we won’t be bullied, that’s for sure.”

It will be a typical Levein type performance then - kick anything that moves.
Am sure Lennon will have the boys prepared.

easty
19-12-2017, 02:14 PM
If some hearts fan wants to gift them a load of their own money, then good for them.

I'd not turn my nose up at a Hibs fan offering us a load of cash.

Stokesy's on fire
19-12-2017, 02:29 PM
I wonder of that impacts their CVA?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Did any Hearts fans ask if the mystery person wants anything in return...like all their money back plus 6% interest?

They really, really don't care where it comes from or how its acquired - look at Romanovs "untold wealth" how they soaked it up and who the victims were.

Pete
19-12-2017, 02:51 PM
question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”. The Easter Road side have not lost any of the last eight meetings between the clubs since August 2014. “Nobody has sat in that stand feeling sick more than me,” replied Levein. “We’ve been poor in derby matches in the last couple of years and we will be ready for the next one. I can’t guarantee we’ll win but we won’t be bullied, that’s for sure.”

It will be a typical Levein type performance then - kick anything that moves.
Am sure Lennon will have the boys prepared.

What's he on about? He’s basically been in charge for these games, interfering on a regular basis.

Like you say, telling them “kick them harder” will be about all he can do to stop us.

Ozyhibby
19-12-2017, 02:53 PM
That's simply untrue Ozy

Which bit?

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Which bit?

That Hibs have no interest in FFP.

It was mentioned by LD (at Sevco Tax decision meeting in HSA), that the Club was in dialogue with other Clubs, Association etc, with a view to getting something formally agreed

DH1875
19-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Who cares. As soon as I win the £118 million on tonight's Euro lottery I'm giving Hibs £20 million from it :flag::thumbsup::flag:

Ozyhibby
19-12-2017, 03:05 PM
That Hibs have no interest in FFP.

It was mentioned by LD (at Sevco Tax decision meeting in HSA), that the Club was in dialogue with other Clubs, Association etc, with a view to getting something formally agreed

In other words nothing will happen. This has been an issue for 10 years now and nothing has happened. Maybe it’s time the club took a different approach and went public with some proposals?
That’s sounds like whoever asked was fobbed off with an answer.

marinello59
19-12-2017, 03:09 PM
In other words nothing will happen. This has been an issue for 10 years now and nothing has happened. Maybe it’s time the club took a different approach and went public with some proposals?

You want another public statement? Really? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2017, 03:49 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Whatever happens it was slighlty disengenious to say Hibs have no interest in FFP

SQHib
19-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Infrastructure costs are exempt from
FFP and the owner or a related party can make a donation of upto 30m euros which is exempt - ffp rules are pointless imo

jacomo
19-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Infrastructure costs are exempt from
FFP and the owner or a related party can make a donation of upto 30m euros which is exempt - ffp rules are pointless imo

Man City and PSG have proved they are pointless.

Ozyhibby
19-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Man City and PSG have proved they are pointless.

Poorly enforced FFP rules are pointless. There is nothing to stop us having a proper system with appropriate transparency and enforcement.

BonnieFitbaTeam
19-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Who cares. As soon as I win the £118 million on tonight's Euro lottery I'm giving Hibs £20 million from it :flag::thumbsup::flag:

Tight-ar$e!

G B Young
19-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Correct.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Correct.

If she were, the first donation would have been disclosed in their recent accounts. So I'd doubt it.

G B Young
19-12-2017, 05:48 PM
If she were, the first donation would have been disclosed in their recent accounts. So I'd doubt it.

Who was the first donation attributed to in the recent accounts?

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Who was the first donation attributed to in the recent accounts?

It was described as "a donation of £2.5m".

Had that been from AB, she would have been named, as a Related Party.

greenginger
19-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Also, it would be cheaper to drop the interest charges on her loan completely , instead of an interest holiday.

The taxman will get his share of her income from the interest ( maybe even 46% ).

Taking interest income then giving back annonomously don't make sense.

DH1875
19-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Tight-ar$e!

I've got a big family :wink:

As for FFP, don't get the clamour for it and if anything, would only make Celtic even stronger than everyone else.

FifeHibs
19-12-2017, 05:58 PM

This was only information I had from the son of a former Director at Hearts, that she is the mystery benefactor.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Also, it would be cheaper to drop the interest charges on her loan completely , instead of an interest holiday.

The taxman will get his share of her income from the interest ( maybe even 46% ).

Taking interest income then giving back annonomously don't make sense.

She's not taking any interest. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 06:02 PM
This was only information I had from the son of a former Director at Hearts, that she is the mystery benefactor.

Has he told the auditors? :greengrin

HFCdeb
19-12-2017, 06:56 PM
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/943179372902666241

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Will they ever give it all up and play by the rules?

Your right....NEVER!

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Your right....NEVER!If they can fail to hand over and spend cash belonging to the Macraes Battalion Trust, the lady Haig Poppy Fund and Big Hearts charity without a backward glance they're always going to be up to something that they feel they have to hide.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2017, 08:48 PM

Only if it is repayable. Then the deatils must be given as per Companies Act. If its a donation it is not an investment or loan and therefore not a charge on the company balance sheet.

It would therefore seem plausible it is Budge as no-one else is stupid enough, even the Roseberry family, without getting something out of the deal.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Only if it is repayable. Then the deatils must be given as per Companies Act. If its a donation it is not an investment or loan and therefore not a charge on the company balance sheet.

It would therefore seem plausible it is Budge as no-one else is stupid enough, even the Roseberry family, without getting something out of the deal.It's a transfer of resources. IAS 24 (?) has that as one of the definitions of Related Party Transactions.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 09:46 PM
It's a transfer of resources. IAS 24 (?) has that as one of the definitions of Related Party Transactions.

She said on TV today, it wasn’t from her

greenpaper55
19-12-2017, 09:55 PM
If someone is crackers enough to give that lot a serious wedge then they need their head examined, a stand so badly designed the punters get soaked in the rain, a stand so steep you need to rope yourselves together to go for a Lillian Gish !

O'Rourke3
19-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Just read the BBC report. Quote "She said that the new stand should generate an extra £1m on match days." The new stand can generate an additional 1 million pounds on match day? Seriously? How much are they charging for the chips and who can afford them?

stantonhibby
19-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Just read the BBC report. Quote "She said that the new stand should generate an extra £1m on match days." The new stand can generate an additional 1 million pounds on match day? Seriously? How much are they charging for the chips and who can afford them?

£1m per year

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2017, 10:04 PM
It's a transfer of resources. IAS 24 (?) has that as one of the definitions of Related Party Transactions.

I think you'll find personal donations are not covered under IAS24.11 and 24.18-19.

Might be interesting though if questions were asked of City of London Police regarding money laundering as some Yams are claiming its two benefactoes working in financial services for a firm located in EAST Edinburgh. Now that would be reportable under the Anti Money Laundering regulation as its in one of the 7 supervised categories.

O'Rourke3
19-12-2017, 10:10 PM
£1m per year

I agree but that's not the quote. It says match days not over a season. Hearts and finance. Should be a laugh.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 10:12 PM
I think you'll find personal donations are not covered under IAS24.11 and 24.18-19.It probably wouldn't be a personal donation, though. As with the loan, the chances are that it would be from Bidco or another one of her companies.

Thinking this through, though, AB mentioned donors, plural. In the accounts to June, there was 1 donor, singular. That suggests that there has been at least 1 new donor since June. So it is possible that "she" (or Bidco etc) is one of the newer donors.

However, as Billy says, she seemed to refute that at the AGM.

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2017, 10:25 PM
It probably wouldn't be a personal donation, though. As with the loan, the chances are that it would be from Bidco or another one of her companies.

Dr She is on record as saying the individuals do not want publicity or named tonight at their AGM. Not companies but individual benefactors. In those circumstances my statement stands. Transactions of this nature are automatically flagged up by the banks to the regulator on pain of them getting a hefty fine if they dont.

The reason they extra £1.5m is needed is they overspent £3m on their new Tram Stop. They are still short of £1.75m but they are ok as they will owe that to themselves and can spend it on players in January anyway.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Dr She is on record as saying the individuals do not want publicity or named tonight at their AGM. Not companies but individual benefactors. In those circumstances my statement stands. Transactions of this nature are automatically flagged up by the banks to the regulator on pain of them getting a hefty fine if they dont.

The reason they extra £1.5m is needed is they overspent £3m on their new Tram Stop. They are still short of £1.75m but they are ok as they will owe that to themselves and can spend it on players in January anyway.

But she, personal or corporate, is a related party, yeah?

A related party is a person or entity that is related to the entity that is preparing its financial
statements (in this Standard referred to as the ‘reporting entity’).
(a) A person or a close member of that person’s family is related to a reporting entity if that
person:
(i) has control or joint control over the reporting entity;
(ii) has significant influence over the reporting entity; or
(iii) is a member of the key management personnel of the reporting entity or of a
parent of the reporting entity.

And:-

A related party transaction is a transfer of resources, services or obligations between a reporting entity
and a related party, regardless of whether a price is charged.

I'm struggling to see why a donation would be exempt.

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Are there no rules on disclosure for football clubs? Any dodgy individual or organisation could be funnelling money in there. How does anyone know whether such 'donations' are from the proceeds of crime, to take an extreme example? I'm not suggesting this is the case with Hearts, but what oversight is in place?

Ozyhibby
20-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Unless it’s a loan surely they have to pay tax on the money?

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2017, 12:57 AM

Hearts FC paying tax?? :faf:

green day
20-12-2017, 06:40 AM
If Hearts and their fans think that running the club using donations from FoH and mystery benefactors is the way to go, then that's their call as long as it doesn't breach rules.

Much like the Aberdeen situation (small crowds but large donations) it's not got anything to do with us - however the begging bowl approach will only work for so long.

I used to have a school mate who constantly tapped his parents for cash - it was no way to run a household budget, let alone a multi million pound turnover operation.

Its worth remembering about the great work we are doing, and am 100% sure that our cash through the business will be significantly up this season.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Are there no rules on disclosure for football clubs? Any dodgy individual or organisation could be funnelling money in there. How does anyone know whether such 'donations' are from the proceeds of crime, to take an extreme example? I'm not suggesting this is the case with Hearts, but what oversight is in place?Anti Money Laundering laws. If auditors, lawyers, banks etc suspect that someone has benefitted from the proceeds of crime, they have to report it.

The bar is quite low. It doesn't need to be "proof", just "suspicion".

Trainor
20-12-2017, 08:30 AM
If some hearts fan wants to gift them a load of their own money, then good for them.

I'd not turn my nose up at a Hibs fan offering us a load of cash.

Exactly!

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes and no :)

It's a contribution to a capital project, so the donation would reduce the base cost of the stand for Capital Gains Tax purposes. CGT would therefore be payable, but only when they come to sell the stand.

BSEJVT
20-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Exactly!

Hibs fans could do that in smaller amounts by supporting HSL better!

Tornadoes70
20-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Anti Money Laundering laws. If auditors, lawyers, banks etc suspect that someone has benefitted from the proceeds of crime, they have to report it.

The bar is quite low. It doesn't need to be "proof", just "suspicion".

In light of the 'financial meltdown' the concomitant outcome of using dubious tax arrangements by the Rangers wouldn't it be wise of the sfa/spfl to introduce a rule allowing themselves to be informed of individuals who make large donations to its member clubs?

The benefactor could remain anonymous to the public however at least the footballing authorities would have a note of the people involved who may or may not have made their money honestly or otherwise whereby allowing them to quietly investigate any potential conflicts of interest.

Money Laundering is a different entity as opposed to a person of dubious reputation free gratis gifting money.

Personally I'd favour a rule of clubs having to declare the people involved to the footballing authorities as its incumbent upon them to ensure their members are above board so to speak.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 09:28 AM
In light of the 'financial meltdown' the concomitant outcome of using dubious tax arrangements by the Rangers wouldn't it be wise of the sfa/spfl to introduce a rule allowing themselves to be informed of individuals who make large donations to its member clubs?

The benefactor could remain anonymous to the public however at least the footballing authorities would have a note of the people involved who may or may not have made their money honestly or otherwise whereby allowing them to quietly investigate any potential conflicts of interest.

Money Laundering is a different entity as opposed to a person of dubious reputation free gratis gifting money.

Personally I'd favour a rule of clubs having to declare the people involved to the footballing authorities as its incumbent upon them to ensure their members are above board so to speak.

Like the Fit and Proper regulations? :greengrin

Tornadoes70
20-12-2017, 09:32 AM

The chocolate fireguard scenario. Good point. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
20-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Dodgy Dave gives everyone a pretty good idea of how high the Scottish Football authorities set the bar.

I often wonder if pleading guilty to 63 tax frauds makes you good enough to be involved in the Scottish game, but maybe 64 is their cut off point?

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Given Heart's previous financial......ahem..... 'issues', one would hope the ears of the relevant authorities have pricked up and they are asking some questions. Let's have some transparency, after the disgrace of their recent history.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Given Heart's previous financial......ahem..... 'issues', one would hope the ears of the relevant authorities have pricked up and they are asking some questions. Let's have some transparency, after the disgrace of their recent history.If there are any issues, they will have been reported to the National Crime Agency by anyone who has suspicions. Not to do so is a crime in itself.

Sadly, the NCA don't have the resources to be overly proactive. They rely, in the main, on regulated people making reports.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 10:44 AM
But she, personal or corporate, is a related party, yeah?

A related party is a person or entity that is related to the entity that is preparing its financial
statements (in this Standard referred to as the ‘reporting entity’).
(a) A person or a close member of that person’s family is related to a reporting entity if that
person:
(i) has control or joint control over the reporting entity;
(ii) has significant influence over the reporting entity; or
(iii) is a member of the key management personnel of the reporting entity or of a
parent of the reporting entity.

And:-

A related party transaction is a transfer of resources, services or obligations between a reporting entity
and a related party, regardless of whether a price is charged.

I'm struggling to see why a donation would be exempt.

Because it is not from her which is why the donation excludes it from related prerson transaction rules. As I said above she is on record now as stating yhere are two benifactors (yams claiming they work in financial services indicate that neither of them are directors or family)

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Because it is not from her which is why the donation excldes it from related prerson transaction rules. As I said above she is on record now as statingvthere are two benifactors (yams claiming they work in financial services indicate that neither of them are directors or family)But that's what I'm saying. The first donation won't be from her, because ( had it been so) it would have been disclosed in the accounts.

We don't have any more info about the later ones, other than her claiming it wasn't her.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Remind me of when their financial reporting due date was? If the donation was made susequent to that date it wont be in this current reporting rounds account but the next one.

Like I've implied it would be much more fun if the Anti Money Laundering regs are being anused and the money from these alleged financial services guys came from individuals with previous links to UKIO Bankas

Alan62
20-12-2017, 11:09 AM
The mystery isn’t much of a mystery. There aren’t many people who can afford to donate millions to the Jambo cause. You don’t have to think too hard about the possible options just scour the hints above. The cash isn’t the proceeds of anything illegal though you could question the morality of a system that creates wealth for individuals on this scale. If Hibernian was offered a similar donation we would be delighted.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 11:34 AM
If there are any issues, they will have been reported to the National Crime Agency by anyone who has suspicions. Not to do so is a crime in itself.

Sadly, the NCA don't have the resources to be overly proactive. They rely, in the main, on regulated people making reports.

Indeed and I have no doubt these transactions will already have been flagged up. The banks are hugely exposed to risk of prosecution due to the nature of the legislation which is why all have developed software that automatically trawls all transaction and reports by electronic file daily to the NCA who similarly process those files for dubious transactions whether made by organised crime or terrorist related individuals utilusing the computing capability of GCHQ.

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2017, 11:39 AM
The mystery isn’t much of a mystery. There aren’t many people who can afford to donate millions to the Jambo cause. You don’t have to think too hard about the possible options just scour the hints above. The cash isn’t the proceeds of anything illegal though you could question the morality of a system that creates wealth for individuals on this scale. If Hibernian was offered a similar donation we would be delighted.

Well we can cross wee Ronnie Corbett off the list. Stephen Hendry, the spotty gimp?

Deansy
20-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Playing by the rules has resulted in the 'Level Playing-field' that they loathe and despise so the chances of them playing 'Honest' are anorexic-slim to ****-all !

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Remind me of when their financial reporting due date was? If the donation was made susequent to that date it wont be in this current reporting rounds account but the next one.

Like I've implied it would be much more fun if the Anti Money Laundering regs are being anused and the money from these alleged financial services guys came from individuals with previous links to UKIO BankasThe first one was made before the 30th June. It's in their accounts.

We have no knowledge of when the subsequent one(s) were made

broondog
20-12-2017, 01:06 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. There´s no way this can be seen as above board in any respect. It´s another example of cheating from the cheats. somehow, and I presume it is because they are the establishment club and have a mountain of councillors, MPs, Lawyers etc. as supporters, they will get away with this again. they are the luckiest club in existence and shouldn´t be allowed to get away with it as they have done time and time again.Funny how they preach about balancing their books now. clearly with this revelation they are the same lying, cheating, ****bad club they´ve always been who don´t give a **** about individuals and businesses that lose out unfairly along the way, as long as they benefit.

****ing ****bags

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. There´s no way this can be seen as above board in any respect. It´s another example of cheating from the cheats. somehow, and I presume it is because they are the establishment club and have a mountain of councillors, MPs, Lawyers etc. as supporters, they will get away with this again. they are the luckiest club in existence and shouldn´t be allowed to get away with it as they have done time and time again.Funny how they preach about balancing their books now. clearly with this revelation they are the same lying, cheating, ****bad club they´ve always been who don´t give a **** about individuals and businesses that lose out unfairly along the way, as long as they benefit.

****ing ****bags

In what way is it cheating?

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2017, 01:14 PM
If I donate £1m to Hibs are Hibs cheats for accepting it?

Guess I’ll just keep it and avoid the hassle it would cause. Shame really, could have used it to bring Leigh home!!

-Jonesy-
20-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Regardless of who the mysterious benefactors are, we should be pissing ourselves laughing that they've spent it on such a hulking pile of keech

Geo_1875
20-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Regardless of who the mysterious benefactors are, we should be pissing ourselves laughing that they've spent it on such a hulking pile of keech

I thought Kyle Lafferty was a free transfer?

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 01:58 PM
I thought Kyle Lafferty was a free transfer?

He’s on a huge wage, miles ahead of anyone else at Hearts.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 02:07 PM
The first one was made before the 30th June. It's in their accounts.

We have no knowledge of when the subsequent one(s) were made

In that case you have to assume the Roseberry Family rumour is a goer (especially as she is wearing that LRT Tartan Bus Cover jacket designed by the House of Roseberry) or the auditors who signed of the report have been misled or were negligent which personally I doubt.

Alan62
20-12-2017, 02:10 PM

****ing ****bags

Accepting a donation from a rich fan isn't cheating. It would be a different matter if they were channeling stolen money like the Vlad years but legally gotten gains from wealthy punters can't be described as cheating.

Of course, there's a sense of injustice. The entity accepting the donation is the same one that shafted the Lithuanian pensioners, their own charity and nicked the poppy tin but those were different times ...

As for the cash itself, well, you could get all uppity about where that comes from and how it's spent but you'd be howling at the moon because the unfairness in society ain't changing anytime soon. These are folks who already have everything they could possibly need. It's a toss up between being a hero behind the scenes at Hearts or owning another thing that they never use.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2017, 02:11 PM

Exactly £3m they could have spent on players on top of the other £12m the don't actually have but think they do because their £10 monthly dd has raised that amount after all.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Looks like Budgie is taking the financial hit for their farce of a main stand. Fair enough. Modesty isn't her strong point though.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Looks like Budgie is taking the financial hit for their farce of a main stand. Fair enough. Modesty isn't her strong point though.

In what way?

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 02:26 PM
In what way?

My mysteriously benefiting them of £4.5m.

Alan62
20-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Nobody's 'taking a hit'. The stand cost more than it should have. We're all agreed it's a carbuncle unless you're wearing maroon-tinted spectacles. But nobody's taking a hit because they're all willingly ponying up the cash from the £51 pound a monthers to the £1.5 millioners. Happy clapping, delighted with their lot and proud to back auld Annie in her venture.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2017, 02:39 PM
My mysteriously benefiting them of £4.5m.

There is no evidence of that, other than gossip on here and elsewhere.

She didn't give them the first £2.5m. That's already been established.

There are at least 2 donors, so she can't have given them all of the £4.5m.

She denied it being her at the AGM.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 03:08 PM
There is no evidence of that, other than gossip on here and elsewhere.

She didn't give them the first £2.5m. That's already been established.

There are at least 2 donors, so she can't have given them all of the £4.5m.

She denied it being her at the AGM.

Fair do's. I didn't read the AGM notes. :aok:

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Nobody's 'taking a hit'. The stand cost more than it should have. We're all agreed it's a carbuncle unless you're wearing maroon-tinted spectacles. But nobody's taking a hit because they're all willingly ponying up the cash from the £51 pound a monthers to the £1.5 millioners. Happy clapping, delighted with their lot and proud to back auld Annie in her venture.

If Budge decided to build a stand the way it is way over budget and is putting more money in as a benefactor then she's indeed taking a hit.

hibsboy69
20-12-2017, 04:14 PM
He’s on a huge wage, miles ahead of anyone else at Hearts.

I understand the same to be the case for Stokesy i.e on significantly more that the average

I suppose "huge" is relative to whatever the average wage being paid is...........however I'd guess that Lafferty and Stokes will be on similar wages.