PDA

View Full Version : Cant be arsed working.

Not In The Know
19-12-2017, 11:42 AM
3 days to go until knock off time for Xmas and New Year and Im spending more time on hibs.net than I am working. :greengrin

Is it just me?

Hibeewilly
19-12-2017, 11:46 AM
3 days to go until knock off time for Xmas and New Year and Im spending more time on hibs.net than I am working. :greengrin

Is it just me?
Me too mate........wishing it was Saturday and get last weeks performance out of my system!!:aok:

Eaststand
19-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Is it just me?

OK, I give in, which one of our players are you mate ?

:-))

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
19-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Same for me. We have been mental since early November after a crazy festival period so glad we are past the worst. All targets met and exceeded so just counting down the hours until Friday. I'm off until the 10th January so 2 and a bit weeks of family, beer, football, food and horses is just around the corner.

Ronniekirk
19-12-2017, 11:57 AM

Is it just me?

You either have a sympathetic employer/supervisor or if self employed have great staff working for you

Or your good at skiving and not getting caught

Am not long Retired so none of the above applicable [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
19-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a standard day at work for me :greengrin

Pete
19-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Is it just me?

I’ve just got an image of Mr. Petrie in his office playing with his Newton’s cradle.

Is that you Rod?

-Jonesy-
19-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Spare a thought for chefs, waiting staff and kitchen porters who will be busting their erse all month for yous to enjoy yourselves

Not me though, I'll be smashing back vodkas and cabbage in Poland for two weeks this year :D

FifeHibs
19-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Before Internet and smart phones did everyone really manage to work a full day.
I'd spend a few hours a day on the internet or coffee machine. :0

Not In The Know
19-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Before Internet and smart phones did everyone really manage to work a full day.
I'd spend a few hours a day on the internet or coffee machine. :0

20 min ciggie breaks instead!

H18 SFR
19-12-2017, 12:39 PM

Is it just me?

Right Rod [Petrie], back to work please.

mutley
19-12-2017, 12:41 PM
I took all of December off, and can’t be arsed going back in January but I suppose I better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MyJo
19-12-2017, 12:43 PM
working until 9.30pm tonight and thats me until 1st Jan..............:smug:

Dalianwanda
19-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Just landed back home in Musselburgh yesterday & not back to work till the 4th! (on the downside I’m self employed and don’t get paid)..

greenlex
19-12-2017, 12:59 PM
I feel your pain. Im finishing up on Thursday not just for Christmas but for good. (I think) I being made redundant and the plan is to retire (until I get bored out ma noggin.)

green day
19-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I feel your pain. Im finishing up on Thursday not just for Christmas but for good. (I think) I being made redundant and the plan is to retire (until I get bored out ma noggin.)

I had the same redundo / should I retire(ish) thing at the end of June....... I am not bored yet :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
19-12-2017, 01:20 PM
I am at work in body only!! My boss is on holiday and not back til Friday, everything is quiet apart from internet orders. Everyone in the industry seems to be closing on Thursday this year so I would imagine Friday is going to be a drag, hopefully get a halfie, paid and I can finally go see Star Wars. Looking forward to a week and a half off and 3 games to take in.

tetley
19-12-2017, 01:22 PM
I’ve been off all December and not back till the 5th Jan......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sleeping giant
19-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I'm off now . Back on the 2nd though :-(
Just done my Christmas shopping in Livingston centre and it was heaving.

Just need to finish off my flooring tomorrow that I started about 2 months ago and then my arse will be on the couch for the foreseeable :greengrin

FranckSuzy
19-12-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm working 0730-2000 on 24/25/26th of December :violin::xsmilesign :tee hee: but I'm off at New Year :rudolph :tree :thumbsup:

greenlex
19-12-2017, 01:38 PM
I had the same redundo / should I retire(ish) thing at the end of June....... I am not bored yet :greengrin This is good news.:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
19-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a standard day at work for me :greengrin

Was thinking that myself. I thought that’s what everyone done every day? Is the general rule not 3 hours of skiving for every hour of work?

Lago
19-12-2017, 02:16 PM
How times have changed, in my young days we worked up to Christmas Eve then off for Christmas & Boxing Day. Back to work untill New Years Eve couple of days off, back to work. Now holiday shut down seems to be getting longer and longer. Bah humbug.

Hulk1875
19-12-2017, 02:34 PM
working up till friday this week off for four, back in 27th 28th 29th then off for four again.
could be a tad rough the 28th but we should be quiet.

HoboHarry
19-12-2017, 02:40 PM
How times have changed, in my young days we worked up to Christmas Eve then off for Christmas & Boxing Day. Back to work untill New Years Eve couple of days off, back to work. Now holiday shut down seems to be getting longer and longer. Bah humbug.
Bet you are really glad you don't have to climb up inside chimneys holding yon big brush any more though......

:greengrin

Pete
19-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Interesting. Even about 20 years ago the big factories used to shut down/run skeleton staff during Christmas fortnight and the trade Holidays. I’d say that in today’s neoliberal society, the precarious, casualised nature of our work means employers hold all the aces so it’s work unsociable hours or you’re out. Bogus self-employed people will probably be working too...no holiday pay for them.

Merry Christmas. 😁

Firestarter
19-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Working today and tomorrow off until the 10th. Thank you work especially for the early pay tomorrow.

Hulk1875
19-12-2017, 02:47 PM
I just want top go home and drink every night aswell get in the xmas spirit

HoboHarry
19-12-2017, 02:52 PM
I just want top go home and drink every night aswell get in the xmas spirit
I'm with you on that mate.... kids are coming down to spend Christmas with us and the wine cooler is full of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc :aok:

wookie70
19-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Off on Saturday for 11 gays and it's dragging to get there. Wish they still played football on Christmas Day. I'd love to watch the Hibs rather than sitting bored in the house

TheReg!
19-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Off on Saturday for 11 DAYS and it's dragging to get there. Wish they still played football on Christmas Day. I'd love to watch the Hibs rather than sitting bored in the house

Changed that for you 😊

hibee
19-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Off on Saturday for 11 gays and it's dragging to get there. Wish they still played football on Christmas Day. I'd love to watch the Hibs rather than sitting bored in the house

Brilliant, I’ve had a bad day and that gave me a good laugh!

wookie70
19-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Brilliant, I’ve had a bad day and that gave me a good laugh!

Not planning on being that busy!!!!!!!

My phone has made a fool of me once too many times. Think it is time to turn spell check off.

pollution
19-12-2017, 05:49 PM
I had the same redundo / should I retire(ish) thing at the end of June....... I am not bored yet :greengrin
Ditto for me but seven years ago. Never bored either!

hibby6270
19-12-2017, 05:53 PM

Can highly recommend the retirement option.
At any point after you retire, if you do feel bored at any stage, just think about the alternative. Going to work. Aarrgghh!! You’ll soon snap out of that boredom feeling. Trust me. I’m a retiree!!:greengrin

lyonhibs
19-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Sitting in Bordeaux Airport after the last work meeting of a crazy month. Off until the 8th of January now, to say I'm looking forward to it would be an understatement.

telford hibbee
19-12-2017, 06:42 PM
ah those were the days. real leather footballs as well.
still we cant stop progress

Lago
19-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Bet you are really glad you don't have to climb up inside chimneys holding yon big brush any more though......

Nice one, to be honest at the time you never thought any thing of it, it was standard working practice. Have to say being retired now its nice to not have to get up and go to work just do your own thing. :aok:

Lago
19-12-2017, 07:53 PM
ah those were the days. real leather footballs as well.
still we cant stop progress

Yeah, football boots that went up to your ankles and you dubined every week, heaven. :greengrin

Souter96Mac
19-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Despite last week and the result on the weekend, I'm buzzing for the County game! Think it's the 7th game I'll have managed to get to this season, wouldn't mind a 7-0 win to boot.

McD
19-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Working til Friday, when it’ll be a team meeting (relaxed last day) til early afternoon then an early finish, and off for a fortnight :greengrin

my dept are always very quiet over the Christmas period, so are quite happy for us to burn off some annual leave. Never had less than 12 days off over Christmas and new year since I started nearly 9 years ago.

previous job was working maniacally right up to and including Christmas Eve, back in on Boxing Day, work through until new years day, off that day then back on it again. Family time was swearing as far as that company were concerned, everyone was banned from taking annual leave for the full period of December and first week of January.

Bristolhibby
19-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Finish tomorrow, got a couple of meetings and a few things to square away then done until the 2nd.

Up to Edinburgh on Friday, out with my Dad, bro, uncles and cousins on Friday night.

Up with a full Scottish and down to Easter Road for the match on Saturday, then lift to the airport and last flight back down South.

Brother in law and his family down on Christmas Eve. Dinner and drinks.

Up early Christmas Day with the little ones, presents and then round to the in laws for Christmas Day.

Sister in law down with her tribe on Boxing day.
Round my Mum and Dads on the 28th for a second Christmas with them.
Walks and pub lunches, seeing friends and drinking, eating etc.

My mate and his family are round ours for Hogmanay.

Really looking forward to Christmas this year. It was a bit strange last year as it was the first one without my Nana, felt really sad for my Mum.

J

Hulk1875
19-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Finish tomorrow, got a couple of meetings and a few things to square away then done until the 2nd.

Up to Edinburgh on Friday, out with my Dad, bro, uncles and cousins on Friday night.

Up with a full Scottish and down to Easter Road for the match on Saturday, then lift to the airport and last flight back down South.

Brother in law and his family down on Christmas Eve. Dinner and drinks.

Up early Christmas Day with the little ones, presents and then round to the in laws for Christmas Day.

Sister in law down with her tribe on Boxing day.
Round my Mum and Dads on the 28th for a second Christmas with them.
Walks and pub lunches, seeing friends and drinking, eating etc.

My mate and his family are round ours for Hogmanay.

Really looking forward to Christmas this year. It was a bit strange last year as it was the first one without my Nana, felt really sad for my Mum.

J

Sounds great, proper family time, what Xmas is all about

Codheed
19-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Off from Friday - not back until 3rd Jan - live and work in England , but for a Scottish Company , so cop for that extra Scottish Bank Holiday on the 2nd - Love you lot !! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Allant1981
20-12-2017, 09:15 AM
ive been off since the 6th of december due to new baby so ill be glad to go back tomorrow for a rest! only in 2 days though and then off again until the 8th of January

Just Jimmy
20-12-2017, 10:55 AM
finish on friday. last of 10 days straight. cannot wait to be at ER on Saturday. first time this season and I've missed it so much.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
20-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Finish at 11am on Fri . Off till the 11th of Jan ,with a cheeky wee week in Tenerife 2nd to 9th . Drink eat and repeat, with watching the Hibs a festive bonus :)

hibsbollah
20-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Ive just finished for the year. Wont be back at work till mid January. What a feeling:xwave Got home, and Mrs Bollah has turned into 1950s housewife and has been baking cinnamon buns and mince pies, sat me down, cracked open a beer at 4pm and started stuffing my fat face.
I might be on here a fair bit.

JimBHibees
21-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Ive just finished for the year. Wont be back at work till mid January. What a feeling:xwave Got home, and Mrs Bollah has turned into 1950s housewife and has been baking cinnamon buns and mince pies, sat me down, cracked open a beer at 4pm and started stuffing my fat face.
I might be on here a fair bit.

Is that a euphemism for something else? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
21-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Finish on Friday night then all of us straight down the road to Liverpool for family time. Out with old friends on the night of 23rd then tucked up at my Dads until the 28th when I should be sober enough to drive back 😁

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Is that a euphemism for something else? :greengrin

I don't have the imagination these days to work out what cinnamon buns could be a euphemism for, far less know what to do with them besides eating them :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2017, 09:55 AM
I don't have the imagination these days to work out what cinnamon buns could be a euphemism for, far less know what to do with them besides eating them :greengrin

Been off since last Friday and back to work on 2nd. In Phillipinnes with my woman and the kids in the remote north at our house. Lots if family gatherings, food and San Miguel. We have never lost a derby when we have been here. Hibs TV on Saturday and 27th. C'mon Hibs.

JimBHibees
21-12-2017, 10:21 AM

Are they not round :greengrin

hibee_girl
21-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Finish today until the 9th of January, can’t wait! :greengrin

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Finish today until the 9th of January, can’t wait! :greengrin

Snap! 'Mon the school holidays :greengrin

hibsbollah
21-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Are they not round :greengrin

Aye, I suppose you're right. Mrs Bollah certainly has some great buns.

Jay
21-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Finished up last wed morning and not back until 9th Jan. You'd think I'd be organised eh? :rolleyes:

pontius pilate
21-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Finish up tomorrow @ 12 until the 09th Jan. Thank gir for working in a school

Firestarter
21-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Finish up tomorrow @ 12 until the 09th Jan. Thank gir for working in a school

Glory be to the lord Gir :greengrin

Andy.1875
21-12-2017, 01:29 PM

11 gays, dragging, and being bored in the house!

Sounds like some holiday you are planning.

Peevemor
21-12-2017, 01:30 PM
11 gays, dragging, and being bored in the house!

Sounds like some holiday you are planning.

:tee hee:

Hibrandenburg
21-12-2017, 02:20 PM
No such luck here. We're just opening up a new base with 25 aircraft and 1004 cabin crew and pilots. First flight goes out on the 5th of January so it's all hands on deck here for the next few months and until this thing is up and running.

MKHIBEE
21-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Just done a 20 day stint at work, off tomorrow then back in till next Thursday. Working Hogmanay as well. Thankfully I’m a miserable old git!

snooky
21-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Retired for a while now. Forgotten what a day's work is like. :whistle:
Sorry to twist the knife in all you grafters.

Jack
21-12-2017, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I knocked off four and a half years ago and I'm not due back till ... well I'm not due back!

Retirement is the best job I've ever had!

HoboHarry
21-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't gies yer s***e - you never did know........

Forza Fred
23-12-2017, 08:21 AM

Ditto.

Never been bored one day in the 2 and a bit years since I walked.

Mind you, dinnae have to be stuck indoors in the freezing cauld, so that probably helps..........

McD
23-12-2017, 10:43 AM
... And the countdown finally reached zero :greengrin

16 days of relaxing, family time, feet up

greenlex
23-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Having finished up on Thursday I find myself in a temp job starting Wednesday. Retirement on hold.