PDA

View Full Version : Danny Swanson

hibbysam
19-12-2017, 09:46 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/big-interview-danny-swanson-ready-for-hibs-after-dark-days-1-4642539

Really good interview with Danny today. Needs every last bit of support he can get when he gets back on the pitch to see the best out of him and allow him to relax.

Souter96Mac
19-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Definitely, I wasn't at the game but watching the highlights back of that Partick game at the start of the season, he was quality in setting up the 2nd and the penalty.

calumhibee1
19-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Fingers crossed he's available to play soon. Been a horrendous year for him and I don't have any issues whatsoever with his lack of game time so far - some things are more important than football and if he feels he's needed the time off so be it. Well done to Hibs for allowing him it.

wookie70
19-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Very good interview. I still think he will end up an important player for us. Wasn't overly fussed by us signing him but he is exactly the type of player we need.

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Fingers crossed he's available to play soon. Been a horrendous year for him and I don't have any issues whatsoever with his lack of game time so far - some things are more important than football and if he feels he's needed the time off so be it. Well done to Hibs for allowing him it.

Personally would put him right in the team on Saturday.

Green Badger
19-12-2017, 04:11 PM

I would certainly hope he plays some part in the game. Another good option in the final third of the pitch would be very welcome.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2017, 04:27 PM
We've certainly missed his creativity, so much so we are playing Stokes as the creator behind the front man.

I hope all his troubles are over, and he does what he was signed for which was create and score goals.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2017, 04:33 PM
No doubting his quality. Get him fit and give him the support he needs mentally and he'll be a massive player for us.

It's a cliche but come January he'll be like a new signing for us.

Dinkydoo
19-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Really feel for DS. Finally gets a move to the Team he supports and he has to deal with a truely horrendous incident in his personal life.

He always caused us problems when he played against us and from the flashes he's shown thus far, I think he definitely has what it takes to succeed here - even though I thought he was guilty of trying too hard in the first couple of games.

Hope to see him in the first team again soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2017, 06:41 PM
He will be like a new player when he gets back into the side.

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Danny Swanson will be like a new signing once he's back in the team, but only if he rediscovers his St. Johnstone form.
I remain hopeful that we will see the best of him in the 2nd half of the season.

HFCdeb
19-12-2017, 06:59 PM

Same here, for set pieces alone.

Lago
19-12-2017, 07:41 PM
He will be like a new player when he gets back into the side.

And when exactly will that be?

heretoday
19-12-2017, 09:58 PM

I agree. They could do with a shake-up.

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 10:49 PM
And when exactly will that be?

Back n the squad played an hour in development team tonight.

neil7908
20-12-2017, 08:26 AM

Not sure about putting him in from the start given how little he's played. He definitely needs minutes on the pitch over the next 3 games but his comeback should be carefully managed.

JDHibs
20-12-2017, 09:35 AM
What have we been missing?

Creativity
Goals from midfield
Corner/free kick taker

What does an on form Danny bring?

Creativity
Goals from midfield
Excellent at corners & free kicks

No brainer for me. Will be very important player in the 2nd half of the season. Truly hope he pushes on, remains fit and helps the club he loves push for Europe.