PDA

View Full Version : NHC I can do any job in the world

theonlywayisup
19-12-2017, 07:37 AM
Was a bit surprised that David Moyes said he could manage any team in the world, given his recent record at Man United, Sociedad and Sunderland. I would have thought that he would be better concentrating on getting a good run going steering the Hammers clear of relegation trouble before coming out with this type of talk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42405860

David Moyes says he could manage any team in the world and wants to prove it at West Ham.

Since the Scot was appointed Hammers boss last month, the club has moved out of the relegation zone and are unbeaten in their last three games.

Saturday's 3-0 victory at Stoke followed a victory over Chelsea and a draw against Arsenal.

"I think I'm capable of doing the job at any club in the world so I'm sure I can do it at West Ham," he said.

West Ham are now 15th in the Premier League and travel to Arsenal on Tuesday for a Carabao Cup quarter-final.

Moyes, 54, is rebuilding his reputation after unsuccessful spells in charge of Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

"I have to come here and show I can do it," he said. "You have to come and show what you can do. Your reputation doesn't stand for anything.

"You have to come here and try to get up and show you're capable of doing the job."

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 07:47 AM
He's kidding himself, if he really believes that, as the Man United job was too big for him and he looked lost and terrified. Perhaps it's pride talking.

Thecat23
19-12-2017, 08:07 AM
He’s a tit of a man.

HH81
19-12-2017, 08:08 AM
I thought he did a fantastic job at man u.

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 08:08 AM
I can manage the Hadron Collier particle accelerator in France. Doesn't mean I'll be any good at doing it.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 08:09 AM
I can manage the Hadron Collier particle accelerator in France. Doesn't mean I'll be any good at doing it.

Isn't it in Switzerland? :greengrin

jacomo
19-12-2017, 08:16 AM
One thing Moyes doesn't lack is ego.

Alan62
19-12-2017, 08:23 AM

It was until Hibsbollah started managing it.

J-C
19-12-2017, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty sure any manager worth his salt will think he's the best at the job whether they are or not, you have to be confident to succeed, there's no harm in believing you're better than what you are.

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 08:25 AM
It was until Hibsbollah started managing it.

It's in my remit to move the ****ing place wherever I like.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 08:30 AM
It's in my remit to move the ****ing place wherever I like.

Playing the collider out of position. Definitely Moyes class :agree:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2017, 08:46 AM
I feel a bit sorry for Moyes. Anyone following Fergie was set up to fail; there was a huge rebuilding job to be done at United and Fergie knew it and I'm sure that influenced his decision to go when he did. I don't know much about Real Sociedad but 9 managers in 10 years doesn't hint at a straightforward job. As for Sunderland? Total basket case and they have managed 11 permanent managers in 10 years. Some big names in that list as well and no real success beyond avoiding relegation.

Can he do 'any job in the world'? I doubt it but he done a solid job at Everton and had a 2 or 3 really gokd seasons and he's made a decent start at West Ham. In the right environment I think he'll do well again.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-12-2017, 08:56 AM
I feel a bit sorry for Moyes. Anyone following Fergie was set up to fail; there was a huge rebuilding job to be done at United and Fergie knew it and I'm sure that influenced his decision to go when he did. I don't know much about Real Sociedad but 9 managers in 10 years doesn't hint at a straightforward job. As for Sunderland? Total basket case and they have managed 11 permanent managers in 10 years. Some big names in that list as well and no real success beyond avoiding relegation.

Can he do 'any job in the world'? I doubt it but he done a solid job at Everton and had a 2 or 3 really gokd seasons and he's made a decent start at West Ham. In the right environment I think he'll do well again.

Agreed

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Playing the collider out of position. Definitely Moyes class :agree:

A collider worth its salt should be able to play anywhere on the pitch and still contribute to the team. That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Hammers play arsenal tonight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Michael
19-12-2017, 09:52 AM
A collider worth its salt should be able to play anywhere on the pitch and still contribute to the team. That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

To be fair, you'd probably do better than whoever announced that they'd broken the speed of light and all of physics as we know it was broken.

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 10:56 AM
To be fair, you'd probably do better than whoever announced that they'd broken the speed of light and all of physics as we know it was broken.

That was the astro physicist describing Alan O'brien on the left wing :aok: AOBs inability to get a decent cross in during 40+ games turned all normal metaphysical laws to dust.

matty_f
19-12-2017, 10:58 AM

This is exactly what we need. A collider thread.

Has anyone else been prematurely excited?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Has anyone else been prematurely excited?If you use the collider properly it's possible to get excited before you actually experience getting excited[emoji6]

Hibs should make a hadron collider our next big spend,before the yams inevitably saving up for one. Bin the helipad.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2017, 11:14 AM

Has anyone else been prematurely excited?

Isn't this the wrong thread? Isn't the Yams Megastand thread the appropriate one for comparing erections?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Isn't this the wrong thread? Isn't the Yams Megastand thread the appropriate one for comparing erections?Nah. Thats the yams hardon collider thread. When reality finally hits them

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Nah. Thats the yams hardon collider thread. When reality finally hits them

This collider thread is a runaway bandwagon and I'm riding it hard.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 11:30 AM
This collider thread is a runaway bandwagon and I'm riding it hard.It's got to end somewhere.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2017, 07:02 AM

Remote working aka “shirking from home”

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2017, 07:20 AM
That was the astro physicist describing Alan O'brien on the left wing :aok: AOBs inability to get a decent cross in during 40+ games turned all normal metaphysical laws to dust.

Did they not liken it to the Jumbo jet trying to take off at 600mph with W
Massive conveyerbelt going in the opposite direction at 600mph?

RoYO!
20-12-2017, 07:25 AM
This collider thread is a runaway bandwagon and I'm riding it hard.

Ten men couldnae carry, the large hadron collider.