PDA

View Full Version : Cameron House Hotel

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Sad to see such a tragic fire at the hotel this morning, a lucky place for us being the hotel we used the day before the 2016 cup final ... good luck to them getting back to normal, with any luck we will need the place again soon.

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Yes terrible to hear that people lost their lives. Having previously been a Safety and Security Manager at a large iconic hotel for many years this type of tragedy really hits home to me.

Jim44
18-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I was astounded to hear them say that the main part of the hotel was extensively damaged and that it would be two or three days till they could welcome new guests. I’m surprised that they are allowed to operate after such a major fire and loss of life.

-Jonesy-
18-12-2017, 10:48 PM
I was astounded to hear them say that the main part of the hotel was extensively damaged and that it would be two or three days till they could welcome new guests. I’m surprised that they are allowed to operate after such a major fire and loss of life.

Statement I heard was "at least 48 hours"

I'd be surprised if they open again this year

The Modfather
18-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Sad to hear that. I stayed there the night before my wedding in June this year.

BSEJVT
19-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Yes terrible to hear that people lost their lives. Having previously been a Safety and Security Manager at a large iconic hotel for many years this type of tragedy really hits home to me.

Awful news

A lovely Hotel to stay in

Thoughts are with families of those involved and staff, many of whom will be traumatised by events and who will likely be laid off as damage looks extensive.

My wife used to work in a Hotel and had horror stories to tell of previous hotel fires across the world they were briefed on as part of their training.

Seems that Hotel's are very susceptible to fires once they take hold and are an ever present nightmare waiting to happen for people in your old position

Jones28
19-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Father in law has a wee boat at the marina there - a lovely place and horrible to hear people haven't survived this. RIP

Allant1981
19-12-2017, 08:49 AM

i was speaking about this yesterday, i worked for the security dept at The Gleneagles Hotel and everytime there was a fire alarm you hoped it was a false alarm as fires can spread so easy in these buildings, shame for the people who have died

Aldo
19-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Statement I heard was "at least 48 hours" I'd be surprised if they open again this year

Agreed

It will be treated as a crime scene until they prove otherwise. The structure will also have to be made safe before anyone enters so not sure how long this will take.

Bristolhibby
19-12-2017, 07:33 PM
I have stayed there once, a fabulous hotel. I’d go so far to say it was the best I’ve stayed in.

Such a shame, and sorry for those who have lost friends and loved ones.

J

lyonhibs
19-12-2017, 09:41 PM
I work with them closely in my job during the tourist "high" season. Devastated to see this, principally because of the terrible loss of life but it's also a great hotel.