PDA

View Full Version : Standing

Ardenttwo
18-12-2017, 06:38 AM
Just wondering on our fans views on standing at the match on Saturday. Personally I am not the tallest guy and at Pittodrie the only time I saw any football was when the play was in the area or half of the pitch where we were in the stadium To pay money to look at the backs of fans is not good The Aberdeen game is like a home game for me as I live in the NE but will not be back

Albanian Hibs
18-12-2017, 06:46 AM
I had a wee girl behind me who couldn't see a thing, lucky for me she wasn't interested in watching the football so I didn't feel bad about standing. Pittodrie is a ***** hole of a stadium and you still wouldn't be able to see the whole pitch if you were sitting down anyway.

bingo70
18-12-2017, 06:54 AM
People seemed to manage standing at games up until the 90s.

marinello59
18-12-2017, 07:01 AM

To be fair you had the option of going in to the stand at most away games if terracing wasn’t your thing and standing was a problem. Now you have to rely on the consideration of your fellow fans.

Argylehibby
18-12-2017, 07:03 AM

Yeah but you could chose where you stood which of course you could do again if it was reintroduced. As things stand now though you have a set position to stand (your seat ironically) and its pot luck whether you can see the game or not.

Clerie Green
18-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Standing or sitting,Not seeing that game would have been a bonus !
Even lying down like the players .:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
18-12-2017, 08:19 AM
If people in front of you stand, you have to stand, it's a natural reaction

Moulin Yarns
18-12-2017, 09:16 AM

The reverse domino effect :greengrin

SChibs
18-12-2017, 09:22 AM

And it's usually a ***** view from the front which means the people there stand which starts it all! Can't choose your seats at away games normally either.

To be fair to the fans on saturday it was a crap view regardless, that fence dividing the fans was a nusence

green&left
18-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Just wondering on our fans views on standing at the match on Saturday. Personally I am not the tallest guy and at Pittodrie the only time I saw any football was when the play was in the area or half of the pitch where we were in the stadium To pay money to look at the backs of fans is not good The Aberdeen game is like a home game for me as I live in the NE but will not be back

You could've applied some common sense and took a seat down the front or the end block where you could've sat and saw the match with no bother at all.

seanshow
18-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Not a good situation and it can create a bit of bother especially at Hampden for example, seen a few scuffles because of it.

At Aberdeen at least you had the option to move to another seat or stand on the seat?
No more inconsiderate than those around you.

Jay
18-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Some of us are only five foot tall so neednt bother. :greengrin

When we all stand i spend more time dodging from side to side trying to see between people than actually seeing any football.

JeMeSouviens
18-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Personally, I think you should thank each and every person that blocked your view on Saturday.

wookie70
18-12-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm nearly 6 foot and that is the worst view I have had at a game for a long time. That turned out to be a blessing on Saturday

lucky
18-12-2017, 01:04 PM
It’s a poor view so you have no choice but to stand at Pittodrie but at least you can move to another area if you couldn’t see

Billy Whizz
18-12-2017, 01:14 PM
It’s a poor view so you have no choice but to stand at Pittodrie but at least you can move to another area if you couldn’t see

it was warmer to stand on Saturday, Just as well we were on our feet, would have been really cold sitting!

murray26
18-12-2017, 01:39 PM
There’s always a better atmosphere in my experience especially away games when fans stand.. its pretty much the norm for away fans down south.

BonnieFitbaTeam
18-12-2017, 03:56 PM
You could've applied some common sense and took a seat down the front or the end block where you could've sat and saw the match with no bother at all.

All the common sense in the world wouldn't make a difference at Pittodrie. Must be the only away section in world football where every seat is restricted view. Dreadful ground, no wonder they are desperate to move.

Ardenttwo
18-12-2017, 04:17 PM

There was was quite a few children there with parents The children were balancing precariously on seats. Don’t think there was enough empty seats down the front for everybody who wished to go there And while we are at it what about that catering hatch O me me what a shambles No mince pies only steak and I was first in For a club that is miles ahead of us on the park that stadium is a disgrace

humptiedumptie
18-12-2017, 04:49 PM
And wont be going to Tynecastle because I,m not standing for it.

IGRIGI
18-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Moving to another section seems like a sensible option until you remember we're talking about Pittodrie, one wrong move and you'll be blown by ice cold winds into the 23rd century.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2017, 06:39 PM
The point about atmosphere is a good one but ultimately it is just plain selfishness. If you are small a child or infirm unable to stand for long periods you have paid for a seat but can't see. And those who can see don't give a monkeys.

murray26
18-12-2017, 06:46 PM
The point about atmosphere is a good one but ultimately it is just plain selfishness. If you are small a child or infirm unable to stand for long periods you have paid for a seat but can't see. And those who can see don't give a monkeys.

I’ve attended away games down south and it’s just expected that you’ll stand even if you have children.. most small children don’t concentrate completely on the game and just prefer the singing etc.. as for the infirm they should be in the disabled area if they are that bad that they can’t stand for any length of time.. I much prefer it when the away support stands and it does undoubtedly help the atmosphere..

Stuart93
18-12-2017, 06:49 PM
It's just an unfortunate thing that seems to happen at most games. Don't really understand the people behind who take issue with person in front who's standing when the person in front of them is also standing. Not much can be done

Sammy7nil
18-12-2017, 06:50 PM
I’ve attended away games down south and it’s just expected that you’ll stand even if you have children.. most small children don’t concentrate completely on the game and just prefer the singing etc.. as for the infirm they should be in the disabled area if they are that bad that they can’t stand for any length of time.. I much prefer it when the away support stands and it does undoubtedly help the atmosphere..

As I said those who can see don't give a monkeys:greengrin
Not everyone can stand for 90 mins and they don't give disabled badges easily and children who are interested in the game so what eh!:wink:

Sammy7nil
18-12-2017, 06:52 PM
It's just an unfortunate thing that seems to happen at most games. Don't really understand the people behind who take issue with person in front who's standing when the person in front of them is also standing. Not much can be done

Perhaps Everyone could politely ask the person in front to sit

murray26
18-12-2017, 07:01 PM
As I said those who can see don't give a monkeys:greengrin
Not everyone can stand for 90 mins and they don't give disabled badges easily and children who are interested in the game so what eh!:wink:

Just need to agree to disagree 👍 as I’ve already said it’s been happening at just about every club down south.. without a problem.. surely there is a way to keep everyone happy.. surely you can’t deny that it’s usually more enjoyable when people are standing..

Sammy7nil
18-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Just need to agree to disagree 👍 as I’ve already said it’s been happening at just about every club down south.. without a problem.. surely there is a way to keep everyone happy.. surely you can’t deny that it’s usually more enjoyable when people are standing..

Just agree to disagree :greengrin

Stuart93
18-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Perhaps Everyone could politely ask the person in front to sit

To which they either reply **** off or "the person in front of me is standing"

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-12-2017, 07:11 PM
The only thing that would have made Saturday more miserable would have been sitting in a freezing cold seat. Brutal stadium and a pathetic home support for a team sitting second in the league as well btw

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2017, 07:22 PM

Your comment about people who can't stand for any length of time is total bollox. Should be in the disabled area! WTF are you on about, do you know anyone elderý, are they all disabled?

lyonhibs
18-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Your comment about people who can't stand for any length of time is total bollox. Should be in the disabled area! WTF are you on about, do you know anyone elderý, are they all disabled?

Anyone over the age of 65 should be made to stand for 90 minutes in a freezing room with a North Sea wind blast effect watching Ryan McGivern's "Passes straight to the opposition" highlights reel on loop before being allowed to pay for a 'normal' season ticket.

Just IMO of course.

murray26
18-12-2017, 07:56 PM

Liverpool fans always stand at away games as you well know.. I take it they are a bunch of selfish ignorant pricks👍

Sammy7nil
18-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Liverpool fans always stand at away games as you well know.. I take it they are a bunch of selfish ignorant pricks👍

Yip :aok:

Carheenlea
18-12-2017, 08:16 PM
I felt sorry for the guy sitting adjacent to me across the aisle in the uncovered area as he wouldn't really have seen much at all. This is a guy who can be seen at every game game too, but I don't imagine Pittodrie will be one of his favourites.

The views are bad enough standing, so sitting can only be worse from this angle

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w22ero.jpg

Obstructive Segregation Fence

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ikqums.jpg

Seats bolted to crumbling terracing

http://i68.tinypic.com/33e7vxe.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/i5og83.jpg

£26 for the privilege of this :aok:

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2017, 08:18 PM

Eh? What has that got to do with you labelling everyone who can't stand for ninety minutes as disabled?

Who called anyone a selfish ignorant prick?

murray26
18-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Eh? What has that got to do with you labelling everyone who can't stand for ninety minutes as disabled?

Who called anyone a selfish ignorant prick?

Poor choice of words on my part but my original point stands.. what’s your opinion on away fans standing..?

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Poor choice of words on my part but my original point stands.. what’s your opinion on away fans standing..?

I hate it when I am accompanying someone who cannot physically stand for ninety minutes and therefore their enjoyment of the occasion is ruined. It's a hard one to control as I appreciate the reverse domino effect so to speak. Wouldn't be so bad if an unwritten rule was for example that no one stands for first ten rows or similar meaning that those who can't stand or with children get a chance to see.

kaimendhibs
18-12-2017, 08:34 PM
In a plane. Folk in row in front recline seat. Do you like it? I dont. Standing ok as long as all doing it, dont be rude and assume

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

murray26
18-12-2017, 08:35 PM
I hate it when I am accompanying someone who cannot physically stand for ninety minutes and therefore their enjoyment of the occasion is ruined. It's a hard one to control as I appreciate the reverse domino effect so to speak. Wouldn't be so bad if an unwritten rule was for example that no one stands for first ten rows or similar meaning that those who can't stand or with children get a chance to see.

I can fully understand that hopefully some sort of compromise can be found.

LancashireHibby
18-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Wouldn't be so bad if an unwritten rule was for example that no one stands for first ten rows or similar meaning that those who can't stand or with children get a chance to see.

I would say it’s only in the last couple of years that that has stopped being the case, Tynecastle apart.

jgl07
19-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Are you joking? There were fights between West Ham Fans at the London Stadium. Some insisted on standing at the front. Hence those behind also had to stand and those with children couldn't see a thing. Poor sightlines in the stadium didn't help.

Typical selfish attitudes.

murray26
19-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Are you joking? There were fights between West Ham Fans at the London Stadium. Some insisted on standing at the front. Hence those behind also had to stand and those with children couldn't see a thing. Poor sightlines in the stadium didn't help.

Sorry I don’t think you read my other posts.. I was talking about away fans.

green&left
19-12-2017, 09:27 AM

Not sure i agree with that. I think at their new stadium you had lads and lassies who have been going for 20/30/40 year and stood every game now being in the same area as someone who has never been to see WHU in their puff but has the chance of a cheapish season ticket. Should their enjoyment off being able to stand at the football be hampered by someone who's only been going to see the hammers for a season or two? Its a tough one. The obvious solution would be to cater for standers. Its hardly rocket science. Corporate fans are catered for, disabled fans are catered for, families and children are catered for, fans that want to sit are catered for - with half empty stadiums up here why not cater for the punters that want to stand?