PDA

View Full Version : Show No Fear.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 04:04 PM
After all the talk about how Hibs should have had a go at Celtic and what was proved right today we must now do this in the derby. We must press the midfield and play high tempo while closing down their players giving them no space to work.

Couple of the young lads look ok but under pressure they’ll feel the heat. If Hibs play to sit in or give Hearts any respect we will lose. Hearts aren’t a great side but they are hard to break down so we must play high tempo for 90 mins and believe it or not it can be done!!!

Lago
17-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Agree with you but watching yesterday's game not sure our midfield can do it. Mc geouch seemed to want forever on the ball & Marv couldn't handle the tempo of the game. Passing from mid to forwards just didn't happen, a little lack of inventiveness at yesterday can't take that forward.

truehibernian
17-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Derbies will take care of themselves TC, personally I can’t wait - even more now that Hearts are finding form. Remember last season when they pumped The Rangers and Motherwell and the Gorgie Galacticos were going to take 7 off us ?

If there’s one type of game Lennon and the lads will be up for it’s a derby game. Unbeaten in 8 remember bud. And in each game they’ve been super confident of winning. Love the derbies and we’ve nothing to fear going into them.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Agree with you but watching yesterday's game not sure our midfield can do it. Mc geouch seemed to want forever on the ball & Marv couldn't handle the tempo of the game. Passing from mid to forwards just didn't happen, a little lack of inventiveness at yesterday can't take that forward.

Yesterday was a bad day, we looked drained as well. Boys will be up for the derby that’s for sure.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Derbies will take care of themselves TC, personally I can’t wait - even more now that Hearts are finding form. Remember last season when they pumped The Rangers and Motherwell and the Gorgie Galacticos were going to take 7 off us ?

If there’s one type of game Lennon and the lads will be up for it’s a derby game. Unbeaten in 8 remember bud. And in each game they’ve been super confident of winning. Love the derbies and we’ve nothing to fear going into them.

I’m the same I don’t think we’ll lose any of them. Draw and a win I’m going for. Hibs aren’t a bad side had a mare yesterday but that won’t happen in a derby game.

ancient hibee
17-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Don’t get bogged down trying to play through midfield.Play the ball quickly wide and burst a gut to get in the box to get on the end of it is the way to go.Forrest had that side of their defence on toast today and was one of the few Celtic players who knew what to do.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Don’t get bogged down trying to play through midfield.Play the ball quickly wide and burst a gut to get in the box to get on the end of it is the way to go.Forrest had that side of their defence on toast today and was one of the few Celtic players who knew what to do.

This 👍🏼

eastcoasthibby
18-12-2017, 10:16 AM

If we play with 2 wingers why not use them, we have played with Barker and Boyle for past 5-6 games but they are not our immediate out ball, we still try and play through themiddle up against big centre halves ...I agree.that playing with wide players is the way to go so lets do it and have a go that way ..

Shrekko
18-12-2017, 12:36 PM
After all the talk about how Hibs should have had a go at Celtic and what was proved right today we must now do this in the derby. We must press the midfield and play high tempo while closing down their players giving them no space to work.

Couple of the young lads look ok but under pressure they’ll feel the heat. If Hibs play to sit in or give Hearts any respect we will lose. Hearts aren’t a great side but they are hard to break down so we must play high tempo for 90 mins and believe it or not it can be done!!!

A freak result proved that all you need to do is ‘have a go’?

We could argue (if you wanted) that we cost ourselves 3 points against Rangers by doing just that.

Is it really always that simple? I’m pretty happy that our manager knows what he’s doing in big games, especially derbies. Sometimes the players just don’t perform as you want them to.

JDHibs
18-12-2017, 12:38 PM
1 thing we knew that would happen is Levein would get them organised and hard to beat.

How do you counter that? Fast tempo. Move the ball side to side and get the wingers running at full backs.

They werent amazing yesterday, they were helped by Celtics horrific defending who gifted them 3 goals.

WeeRussell
18-12-2017, 12:43 PM
A good performance and win against Ross County would be the best starting point in preparing for the derby. Let's get back on track on Saturday and put the recent weekend behind us.

The mood around the club heading into the 27th will be largely determined by how this Saturday goes. Same goes for them.

SChibs
18-12-2017, 12:46 PM
I was speaking to my jambo mate and he says they could get beat on saturday vs St J. Even if we win against county and killie plus draw with hearts and if they lose up in aberdeen the lead will be 9 points. Its not unlikely there could be a decent gap between us and hearts again at the new year

WeeRussell
18-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I was speaking to my jambo mate and he says they could get beat on saturday vs St J. Even if we win against county and killie plus draw with hearts and if they lose up in aberdeen the lead will be 9 points. Its not unlikely there could be a decent gap between us and hearts again at the new year

Spot on. But at the same time it's not impossible they could be ahead of us come New Year. Big couple of weeks coming up and I'm sure the players are looking forward to it as much as we are.

FastEddieFelson
18-12-2017, 12:59 PM
they will kick us off the park no doubt. average foul count for most yam games tends to be 3 to 1 in their favour.

SChibs
18-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Spot on. But at the same time it's not impossible they could be ahead of us come New Year. Big couple of weeks coming up and I'm sure the players are looking forward to it as much as we are.

Yup, I think our last 3 fixtures have skewed slightly our position with hearts in the table. Let's be honest them beating Celtic was a freak result but it's one we'll need to deal with by winning our own games. Starting by converting some of our daft draws into wins