PDA

View Full Version : Credit where it's due

Hibernian Verse
17-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Well done Hearts. Thank **** someone's done it. Should have been us last weekend though!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
17-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Well done Hearts. Thank **** someone's done it. Should have been us last weekend though!!

Can't disagree, we should have done it last weekend as you say though

Albanian Hibs
17-12-2017, 02:25 PM
**** the Hearts

SuperAllyMcleod
17-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Deserved their win but that pitch is probably worse than Hamilton’s - we need to be aware of that.

dp00
17-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Hearts played very well if they play like that against us we are in for a good game ... equally Celtic were shocking ... think Celtic might be thankful to get the unbeatable tittle off there back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
Not happy it was Hearts who done it but glad the run has ended, sick of hearing about it.

Hearts were very good today, I’m not a 10 year old schoolboy so can acknowledge when a rival plays well. Can they match that intensity week in, week out? I’m sceptical.

B.H.F.C
F*** giving them credit for anything. Ever.

Fife-Hibee
17-12-2017, 02:32 PM
No way will I ever give these *******s credit!
How bad were Celtic the day ?

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Insufferable club with a prick for a manager who will be even more insufferable after today, they can GTF.
:giruy2:

Scooter
17-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Great for hearts they where excellent. I'm also hoping in will quieten some of our support down. I hate going into derbys all cocky and confident. It's when we normally fall flat on our faces

Jones28
17-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Fair play to hearts, Celtic were poor but Hearts had fight, were brave on the ball and we're very clinical - 4/5 shots they had on target hit the back of the net.

skipster7
They done to Celtic what Aberdeen done to us yesterday. Thats what happens when you stroll up thinking you can blow teams away with silky football at tough away grounds. Got to win the battle first.

coldingham hibs
Not sure what all the hype is about that Hearts performance. I didn’t see anything magical, long ball, crap pitch and Celtic Centre halfs having a shocker. Hearts closed down well but I don’t recall them stringing any passing moves together. The state of the pitch totally suited Hearts long ball not Celtic’s passing game.

ancient hibee
17-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Look forward to the media explaining this one.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Great for the Scottish game, ****ing embarrassing they went that long unbeaten.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Not happy it was Hearts who done it but glad the run has ended, sick of hearing about it.

Hearts were very good today, I’m not a 10 year old schoolboy so can acknowledge when a rival plays well. Can they match that intensity week in, week out? I’m sceptical.

So can I ...... but they can still GTF :aok:

Joe6-2
17-12-2017, 02:36 PM
**** the Hearts

Yep!

murray26
17-12-2017, 02:38 PM
They played well and deserved it.. more concerned about where it leaves our seasons ambitions than getting excited about celtics run ending though.. not a good week.

wookie70

I more worried if they can match that intensity in two games in teh near future. I have no doubt they will and we need to have the same level of intensity that we showed against the Zombies. We definitely have it in our makeup to be a battling all energy in your face team but I have no real idea what our style or identity is at present as it changes almost every week. Lennon has been very good against Hearts so hopefully he can keep that going. Not long to find out and the Derby in 10 days could be an absolute cracker.

Sir David Gray
They played really well today, totally deserved the victory.

They played at a level that I didn't think they were capable of to be honest.

We're going to have to up our game if we're beating them next week.

erin go bragh
17-12-2017, 02:39 PM
They were due a win against them ( first in 19 games )
At least we were the only unbeaten side against them in the league during their run .

Treadstone
17-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Only a few weeks since they had solitary shot on target against Hamilton and Motherwell. Deserved today but as the stats guys say an outlier.

cabbageandribs1875
17-12-2017, 02:41 PM
i can never EVER give a craig LeVain side credit, Never

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2017, 02:43 PM
**** them! :yw:

Bishop Hibee
17-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Didn’t watch it but you don’t fluke a 4-0 win. Levein has them set up a certain way and if you don’t win the battle against them theyll steamroller you. The way Jambos are they’ll be expecting the same against us now. We’ve got players who know how to deal with derbies so I expect us to fight fire with fire where necessary.

greenlex
17-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Aye fair play to them. The pitch played its part. It’s shocking. Bit of a leveller.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Insufferable club with a prick for a manager who will be even more insufferable after today, they can GTF.

This 100%

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Didnt see the game was in the gym. I managed to crash an exercise bike when I saw the score come up on a screen.

Hiber-nation
17-12-2017, 02:46 PM

:agree:

greenlex
17-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Didn’t watch it but you don’t fluke a 4-0 win. Levein has them set up a certain way and if you don’t win the battle against them theyll steamroller you. The way Jambos are they’ll be expecting the same against us now. We’ve got players who know how to deal with derbies so I expect us to fight fire with fire where necessary.
Aye youcan. 1st goal was decent. 2nd Lafferty hit it early almost sclaffed it and it went in off the post. 3rd was a defensive blunder and the 4th a needless pen. Add into the mix that Celtic were as inept as the Delia days and there you have it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Dare I say that if we approach the derby game in the way that Celtc did today we will get the same.

greenlex
17-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Dare I say that if we approach the derby game in the way that Celtc did today we will get the same.

Yes. Can’t play football on that tattie field.

Firestarter
17-12-2017, 02:52 PM
**** the hearts and the deluded trumpets that follow them. Today is a wake up call for us though. Turning up for the will lead to being turned over.

Firestarter
17-12-2017, 02:53 PM

One team played decent football the day and fought for everything.

WeeRussell
17-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Not sure what all the hype is about that Hearts performance. I didn’t see anything magical, long ball, crap pitch and Celtic Centre halfs having a shocker. Hearts closed down well but I don’t recall them stringing any passing moves together. The state of the pitch totally suited Hearts long ball not Celtic’s passing game.

I don’t think anyone seen anything magical. But they did just hammer Celtic 4-0 to end their unbeaten run, and it was completely deserved. I’d rather it wasn’t them enjoying it but I’m certainly not sorry the ****tic run is over.

greenlex
17-12-2017, 02:55 PM
One team played decent football the day and fought for everything.

I’ll give you flight for everything but decent football? Come on it was hardly silky stuff.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Down to three points. We should be well clear of these ****ers

Firestarter
17-12-2017, 02:57 PM
I don’t think anyone seen anything magical. But they did just hammer Celtic 4-0 to end their unbeaten run, and it was completely deserved. I’d rather it wasn’t them enjoying it but I’m certainly not sorry the ****tic run is over.

Who actually cares about Celtics run? Fact is they have momentum now and we are struggling. They also had half their team missing. No more excuses or "oh well wanted Celtic to lose anyway" I don't want Hearts to win a game if tiddlywinks in their library never mind horse the champions 4-0 two weeks before a Derby.

Firestarter
17-12-2017, 02:58 PM
I’ll give you flight for everything but decent football? Come on it was hardly silky stuff.

It was a million times better than we've performed recently. Against Celtic we could have been well down and we couldn't break a *****y hun side down when it mattered. If we won today and that manner it would be heaven.

Smartie
17-12-2017, 02:59 PM

I'd also say though that if we approach the derby game the way Hearts approached that game today then we'll murder them.

Celtic have been given far too much respect for far too long. Fair play to Hearts for showing them none and getting exactly what they deserved.

The Celtic defence is ropey but nobody has had the balls to put them under pressure.

Shame nobody did it sooner.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 02:59 PM

Which gives us a problem, because when you cant play through the midfield you need a big target man to lump the ball up to allowing your forward players to pick up the pieces .... guess who that hands the initiative to.

The Sportsound commentators made big play of the fact that players kept slipping and it was hard to pass and control the ball ..... the first thing Hibs need to do is send a guy round to Sports Direct and buy 16 pairs of boots with the longest studs we can legally get away with, I'm not even kidding.

stoneyburn hibs
17-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Hertz wouldnae get credit at a local newsagents.

greenlex
17-12-2017, 03:02 PM
It was a million times better than we've performed recently. Against Celtic we could have been well down and we couldn't break a *****y hun side down when it mattered. If we won today and that manner it would be heaven.

Point still stands it wasnt decent football and my original point was you would struggle to play decent on that pitch. Winning football is another matter.

erin go bragh
17-12-2017, 03:05 PM
So they stop Celtic getting the magic number 70 . No such luck in a certain new year derby .

Col2
Well done but they are acting like hey have won a cup.

givescotlandfreedom
Wish it had been us last week but Hearts were excellent today. Good we're seeing this before the derby.

AgentDaleCooper
Gutted.

green day
I see nothing wrong in acknowledging a good result - even if it was them.

They will also - as is their usual patter - see themselves as stick on favourites for the derby. Lets hope they stick to that and we sort them out.

Mind you, we need a confidence booster at the County match on saturday first.......

Smartie
17-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Which gives us a problem, because when you cant play through the midfield you need a big target man to lump the ball up to allowing your forward players to pick up the pieces .... guess who that hands the initiative to.

The Sportsound commentators made big play of the fact that players kept slipping and it was hard to pass and control the ball ..... the first thing Hibs need to do is send a guy round to Sports Direct and buy 16 pairs of boots with the longest studs we can legally get away with, I'm not even kidding.

Grant Holt had his best games for us against them last year, probably not a coincidence.

I do think it might be the kind of game for Simon Murray and Martin Boyle. Knock the ball over the top of them and have them turn. Murray and Boyle will have their defence having kittens in possession.

Bartley and McGinn have more than enough about them to dominate that midfield.

And I'd have Ambrose nowhere near this game. He can gtf if he thinks he's getting a chance to get up to his tricks on that pitch against that mob. McGregor and Hanlon can play at the back, if we need 3 CBs then Porteous can come in. Hearts have shown than young players can step up in big games if needed.

Am I the only one that isn't worried about the derby? We've had a bad week, they've had a big result, we still have a far stronger squad and better manager.

where'stheslope
17-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Noticed the slipping players mostly wore green?

You would think in the warm up they would have noticed that they needed long studs!

But the main criteria for the pitch is the same for both teams, so hardly can be used as an excuse????

Holmesdale Hibs
17-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Great for the Scottish game, ****ing embarrassing they went that long unbeaten.

That’s the way I see it as well, although like most on here I’d rather they lost and chose to play poorly against someone else. Celtic deserve credit as well for going that long unbeaten, it’s an achievement even with the huge advantage in finances.

I thought hearts played well in a very Hearts way. They pressed well, played long ball and bullied Celtic (not easy) rather than playing silky football. Fair play, it worked and they have limited options.

First time in ages I’ve had concerns going in to a derby, although if we turn up I think we’ll beat them.

sleeping giant
17-12-2017, 03:11 PM
They shouldn't get any credit from anybody ever again.

Mr White
17-12-2017, 03:12 PM
They shouldn't get any credit from anybody ever again.

:agree:

It's a risky business giving those debt-dodging *******s credit :cb

SideBurns
17-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Hearts were by far the better team and fully deserved their win. Yes, the pitch is a tattie field but it was the same last season when we drew with them in the cup so I'm no sure why that's a surprise. With a couple of notable exceptions in my lifetime (7-0 & 3-0) we've always found it hard to win at Tynie, regardless of which team is in the ascendancy, so the boundless optimism that some Hibbies seemed to possess for the 27th was difficult to understand. We could still win - equally so could they. That would've been the case regardless of this weekend's results. Now, however, they have the burden of expectation. We need to concentrate on besting Ross County, and then the derby will take care of itself. Lennon will have the team upfurrit.

Waxy
17-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Match was a lucky dip due to the surface. Anything could have happened and did.

hibsbollah
17-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I never watched the game but lets be honest; anything which catapults Levein and his way of playing football into some sort of pedestal is bad for the game in this country. The collective Sportsound masturbation over Levein the Sudden Tactical Genius is totally predictable because he's part of the clique. He's a dinosaur, one amazing result changes nothing.

Pete
17-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Losing to hearts?

Sorry, I don’t understand this concept. It’s just not something we do any more.

neil7908
17-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Hopefully that will stop some of the talk on here about us beating them by 3-4 goals.

They are now 3 points behind us. We're playing them at Tynecastle and as much as I hate Levein, he's made them hard to beat.

We have nothing to fear but cannot expect to get away with anything other than a top performance.

First goal will be crucial. If we fall behind then it'll be very hard to turn things around.

HibbyAndy
17-12-2017, 03:50 PM
lol

The day i give they cheating ****s an ounce of credit i'l call it a day

Credit where its due , Meh

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Wait a minute here ...... all of a sudden a fantastic fightback from 2 - 0 down to a Celtic team nobody had overturned a 2 goal deficit against in who knows how long and what was a very very good performance against the Huns, irrespective of the score at full time, become irrelevant because we have a totally out of character ( even Hamilton at home wasn't as bad ) meltdown at Pittodrie, a ground where Hibs points are as rare as hen's teeth and because Hearts have managed a result which flies in the face of their bang average season up until now. Chuck in the fact that we have won at Ibrox and drawn at Parkhead with as far as I can see more or less the same players as we had at Pittodrie as well

Now because of the events of one weekend we are suddenly a **** team and no match for the Gorgie Galacticos ...... Nobody is pretending that if the Yams performance today and Hibs performance yesterday gets replicated at Tynecastle we wont get our arse handed to us, but FFS I would need to see the same performances from both clubs replicated at Easter Road and McDiarmid Park next weekend before I start chucking the towel in before we even kick off against the Yams.

And on that note, I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the fact that Hibs have proved they are capable of far far better performances than yesterday and pick holes in two good performances prior to this Saturday just because Celtic have capitulated to a team absolutely everything went right for on a postage stamp pitch its difficult for passing teams to play on ...... not my comments but that of the Sportsound commentators at the match.

We will face the same conditions next week, but no two games are ever alike and even though there is no doubt this weekend will galvanise them and put us on a bit of a downer I'm not convinced we are that bad and they are that good just yet.

kaimendhibs
17-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Check out @footbalIfights’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/942414044799078400?s=09 aye lets give this classless mob credit right enuf

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gillythehibby
17-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Fk Hertz and wouldny give them any credit. I couldny care less about Cellic's record. Been a strange weekend all round in the Spl

-Jonesy-
17-12-2017, 03:55 PM
If everybody gave credit where credit was due, hertz wouldn't have bumped the poppy fund!!

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Check out @footbalIfights’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/942414044799078400?s=09 aye lets give this classless mob credit right enuf

To be fair I've seen our fans do that :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 04:04 PM
As I missed it, I'm confused as to how this happened. 4-0. What a pumping. Anyone know what the odds for that result were before kick off?

kaimendhibs
To be fair I've seen our fans do that :greengrinPossibly but not at every single game. Its like feeding time at the zoo in that place

Lago
Aye youcan. 1st goal was decent. 2nd Lafferty hit it early almost sclaffed it and it went in off the post. 3rd was a defensive blunder and the 4th a needless pen. Add into the mix that Celtic were as inept as the Delia days and there you have it.

So you are in fact saying it was 4 flukes.

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 04:05 PM
As I missed it, I'm confused as to how this happened. 4-0. What a pumping. Anyone know what the odds for that result were before kick off?

250/1 one Skybet Punter had £1 on it.

skipster7
17-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Certainly wouldnt be starting 2 wingers in a tight mudheap pitch. They will try to press us to death as well and that pitch plays into their hands. Id be playing Slivka and pack the midfield. Win the battle first and our better players will tell in the end.

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 04:06 PM
250/1 one Skybet Pinter had £1 on it.

Amazing score.

RossScott1991
17-12-2017, 04:09 PM
after the derby we were 11 points clear of hearts, its now 3. Bloody hell.

HibbyAndy
17-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Certainly wouldnt be starting 2 wingers in a tight mudheap pitch. They will try to press us to death as well and that pitch plays into their hands. Id be playing Slivka and pack the midfield. Win the battle first and our better players will tell in the end.

Spot on

greenlex
17-12-2017, 04:12 PM
So you are in fact saying it was 4 flukes.

No read it again. what I’m saying is 4-0 flattered them. They deserved to win and that post was replying to someone saying nobody flukes a 4-0 win. They did.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 04:23 PM

Since that game Hearts have played 8 games, not a single one of them outside of Edinburgh, we have played 9 with 5 away from home .... not so 'bloody hell' as it might look at first glance.

Gerard
17-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Well done the Hearts
It will be an incentive when we play them at their ground

Vault Boy
17-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Certainly didn't see it coming, but congratulations to them. The derby will be very interesting given how pumped up they'll be now!

Jones28
17-12-2017, 04:32 PM

That paints a picture for me. Levein has stopped them leaking goals and made them hard to beat.

We have leaked 6 stupid goals in 2 games and aren't scoring enough goals. The derby will be tough and it's coming at a **** time for us.

jakedance
17-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Can’t argue with the results. A terrible weekend.

Crazyhorse
17-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Really surprised to say the least. While I don't like to see our city rivals doing well I always find it impossible to back the bigot brothers. Brendan and Celtic were giving me the boke recently so I'm very happy to see them humped even if it is by the yams.

Sets up the derby nicely and will ensure 100% commitment from our team.

17-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Glad that embarrassing run has ended. Just wish it hadn't been that shower that done it but perhaps the cringey media celtic love in will simmer a little for now.

Hearts played well today and certainly deserved their win but Celtic had an absolute honker, never looked like scoring.

Mr White
I did laugh when I heard them singing "Cheerio" to the tune of "here we go..."

No doubt that would have felt pretty good.

judas
Celtic are mediocre champions and were dire today.

Cowdenbeath would have beat them.

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Like I said, one of those days when even the best team can have a collective non-turn-up and end up well-beaten.
This does not equate to Hearts being better than Celtic or indeed The Sheep being better than us. Reverse the results against The Sheep and we would be sitting 3 points clear of them. These are how fine the margins are between us. So, no need for anguish and pain and an inferiority complex.
Anyhow, The Jambos result sets us up for what will be an even more intense derby at Tynecastle.
Bring it on!
:flag::flag:

Billy Whizz
17-12-2017, 05:57 PM
The day I give them credit, is the day I stop supporting Hibernian

LancashireHibby
17-12-2017, 06:01 PM

And what about Hearts?

emerald green
17-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Celtic's run had to end sometime, but I would rather it was against any other Scottish team than the Yams.

Give those ***** credit. Aye that will be the day. F*** them.

WeeRussell
17-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Possibly but not at every single game. Its like feeding time at the zoo in that place

Do they do that at every single game? Last one I recall from a hibs fan was actually to Darren MacGregor when he was at the Huns.

It’s irrelevant anyway, nobody is trying to say they are a likeable club with classy fans. Only that they skelped Celtic and deserved it today. Best team in the league against what is (in my eyes) it was one of the worst, which makes it all the more surprising!

What I did find strange was there wasn’t much atmosphere or noise going by the tv, considering what Hearts were doing to them? Was all pretty quiet once Hearts took the lead and Celtic stopped singing about joining the ira.

Captain Trips
17-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Excellent result today as it probably guarantees they will lose next few games.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 06:17 PM
And what about Hearts?

:greengrin

kaimendhibs
17-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Do they do that at every single game? Last one I recall from a hibs fan was actually to Darren MacGregor when he was at the Huns.

It’s irrelevant anyway, nobody is trying to say they are a likeable club with classy fans. Only that they skelped Celtic and deserved it today. Best team in the league against what is (in my eyes) it was one of the worst, which makes it all the more surprising!

What I did find strange was there wasn’t much atmosphere or noise going by the tv, considering what Hearts were doing to them? Was all pretty quiet once Hearts took the lead and Celtic stopped singing about joining the ira.Ok, but defo every time we play them there. Plus pitch invasions. Detestible bunch of cretins in my opinion (and i know all teams have them) but they have more than most bar sevco

kaimendhibs
17-12-2017, 06:23 PM

What I did find strange was there wasn’t much atmosphere or noise going by the tv, considering what Hearts were doing to them? Was all pretty quiet once Hearts took the lead and Celtic stopped singing about joining the ira.You are right about the atmosphere 100%

Deansy
17-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Great for hearts they where excellent. I'm also hoping in will quieten some of our support down. I hate going into derbys all cocky and confident. It's when we normally fall flat on our faces

Totally agree - their result today will be great for removing/diluting the 'cockiness' element from our support but at the same time, they'll be back to believing that they only just need to turn up ...................

TelaStella
17-12-2017, 07:52 PM
F*** the hearts always and forever. Someone had to do it sometime but I get no pleasure from the fact it was them. In fact I'd probably prefer it if the huns had ended the run. Anyway in terms of the game I thought Celtic were absolutely stinking and it's the worst I've seen them play since the TM days at least. Sinclair was horrendous up front, Mcgregor was useless in the middle and as for the defence... sheep are only 2 points behind them now I think, crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
17-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Ok, but defo every time we play them there. Plus pitch invasions. Detestible bunch of cretins in my opinion (and i know all teams have them) but they have more than most bar sevco

Haha again, were probably not in a position to talk about pitch invasions :) but I agree with your sentiments.. although I include Celtic in the “bar sevco” part... which is probably why we feel slightly different about today haha!

Let them get above themselves and roll on next week!

WWFTWTG
17-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Close this thread - a despicable institution who fails to pay their own players, have seen off the working people by not paying huge tax bills, left numerous small businesses high and dry and ripped the pish out of the NHS and various charities including the poppy fund deserve no credit.

17-12-2017, 08:06 PM

Well we won't be overconfident now but you can safely bet they'll be predicting 4 or 5 nil wins for them like they were for the Scottish Cup in February after they just beaten Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0. We all know how that turned out.

LaMotta
17-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Well we won't be overconfident now but you can safely bet they'll be predicting 4 or 5 nil wins for them like they were for the Scottish Cup in February after they just beaten Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0. We all know how that turned out.

This is my only glimpse of light in an otherwise gloomy weekend.

KeithTheHibby
17-12-2017, 08:31 PM
One things for sure, we seen today exactly how they will play against us. I’m sure Lennon and co will have taken note. The Jambos were excellent today and will be shocked if they match that performance again this season.

percy veer
17-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Was it not just 2? Shows what happens if you win 3 on the bounce

silverhibee
17-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Fluke result.

F*** the hertz.

Libby Hibby
17-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Hearts got all the luck that we didn’t last week but that’s football.

Both results this weekend will change the attitudes that both clubs will be going into the Derby, that’s for sure. Hopefully for the better from a Hibs point of view.

Bring it on.

P.S give Hearts zero credit for anything. They caught Celtic on an off day.

****** the Hearts.

The Harp
18-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Just saw the highlights on Sportscene. Yams got their tactics spot on for the game. Shock results like this one happen now and again, which is what makes football the game it is.
I've every confidence that Neil Lennon will study all aspects of this match and will formulate a game plan to nullify the Yam threat. First of all though, let's concentrate on getting the better of Ross County.

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2017, 01:03 AM
I have no problem acknowledging a terrific result for Hearts. To beaten a team 69 unbeaten 4-0 is a great result; all the more so given their poor form this season. They've improved in recent games, and today's result will fill them with confidence. The derby will be some game.

Johnny_Leith
18-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Didn't see the game but that's a terrific result for Hearts.

18-12-2017, 01:41 AM
Levein says he wants to get rid of several in Jan because they are lacking in quality. This is backed up by the likes of Cowie saying they are playing to stay in a job. Cowie and the rest work twice as hard as normal on the pitch. Dilemma for Levein is now which ones to get rid of. Any he was going to get rid of but now keeps will be sh*te again by 1st Feb.

Deansy
18-12-2017, 02:13 AM
Credit where it's due but let's be honest, it WAS just 'one of those games' - an example being Laughatme's goal, it bounces FOUR times before it eventually trundles over the line ?. Player-for-player we've still got the far better team and this will be shown to be the case when we play them !

Steve20
18-12-2017, 04:58 AM
Credit where it's due but let's be honest, it WAS just 'one of those games' - an example being Laughatme's goal, it bounces FOUR times before it eventually trundles over the line ?. Player-for-player we've still got the far better team and this will be shown to be the case when we play them !

It’s not true though, is it? Our players have been hyped up something huge on here, but have they did enough to show that? I’d say no.

Hearts are organised as well. We are not. There’ll need to be a huge huge improvement from us compared to the past month or so if we are to get anything from the derby.

houstonhibbee
18-12-2017, 05:14 AM
It’s not true though, is it? Our players have been hyped up something huge on here, but have they did enough to show that? I’d say no.

Hearts are organised as well. We are not. There’ll need to be a huge huge improvement from us compared to the past month or so if we are to get anything from the derby.

Huge improvement on saturday I dont think you'll find anyone not agreeing with however not based on what has gone before that game

some games - notably Hearts, Rangers and Celtic - we seem to be right up for and well organized - not so much Aberdeen and the rest

hibsbollah
18-12-2017, 07:16 AM

We'll done, I think I disagreed with every single word of that:aok:

Hiber-nation
18-12-2017, 07:33 AM

Funny how all my jambo mates thought hearts had been dire up to yesterday. You must know better though somehow.

Deansy
18-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Sorry but I honestly wouldn't take one single player from Hearts - Walker at a push but even then he'd be on the bench and only used if it was 0-0 and 20 mins to go so we're guaranteed a penalty !!

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-12-2017, 08:27 PM
The pink rats are gash, period, they only raise their game against teams in green and white...fact.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2017, 08:41 PM

Play like we did against Rangers last week and we'll hump Hearts by at least two goals.

Onion
18-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Yams have played their best game of the season - that's it over. Peaked 10 days too early. Potter lucked out and is incapable to squeezing another performance out of that bunch, they are a poor squad of players.

Potter v Lennon, seriously :hibees