PDA

View Full Version : When do Hibs travel to Aberdeen for an early kick-off?

G B Young
17-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the team travelled up on Friday night for yesterday's game or was it an early Saturday morning departure?

I guess it shouldn't make THAT much difference to supposedly fighting fit pro footballers, but there appeared to me to be a real leg weary lethargy about the whole team from the moment the first goal went it and a collective lack of desire to retrieve the situation. As Lennon said, they seemed desperately weak both mentally and physically. If they made the bus journey on the morning of the game rather than spending the night in a hotel I don't imagine that helped them to shake off the apparent weariness.

Frazerbob
17-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Friday

Smartie
17-12-2017, 12:11 PM
I thought we were doing really well until we lost the goal.

The goal at ER was significant and Aberdeen defended their narrow lead very effectively there, so as soon as we lost the first goal I thought we faced an uphill task.

I didn't expect it to deflate the players quite so much though.

Jamesie
17-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Noticed that after the game Stokes did not travel with the squad and left with an unknown older guy before the team bus departed. We thought he might be rushing to catch a flight to Dublin to see family for the rest of the weekend but there was nothing departing to there from Aberdeen for the rest of the day. Was this a one off or does Stokes normally travel on his own?

nonshinyfinish
17-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Friday

Yep, Hibs TV commentators mentioned that the team stayed overnight.

silverhibee
17-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Noticed that after the game Stokes did not travel with the squad and left with an unknown older guy before the team bus departed. We thought he might be rushing to catch a flight to Dublin to see family for the rest of the weekend but there was nothing departing to there from Aberdeen for the rest of the day. Was this a one off or does Stokes normally travel on his own?

Coming home after games players can sometimes travel back with family & friends, normally though after a heavy defeat it's a sort of punishment that they all travel back on the bus.