PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's matches

Pages : 1 [2]

Borderhibbie76
17-12-2017, 01:16 PM
I never thought they would be easy anyway, they are derbies FFS and we all know how Levin would approach them anyway, IE just as he has this game. He has turned the into a battle on what sounds like a rubbish pitch and today its worked.

It sounds like our game yesterday, Celtic haven't turned up and Hearts have put in their best performance of the season .... one swallow doesn't make a summer, Hearts wont put in a performance like that most weeks and Hibs wont be as abject as we were yesterday in 99% of our games either ..... If we are Mr Lennon will be looking at the tin tack :greengrinBut Hearts were never as bad as some painted them to be on here...which is why unlike some I wasn't delighted at drawing them in cup. If we keep drawing them in cup everyyear by the law of averages something is gonna give. Very concerned now for upcoming derbies...Lennon needs to get this sorted and fast. Hearts are tough to breakdown...that's another clean sheet perhaps today...it will NOT be easy and never was going to be

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rotherhamrob
I’d like to know the thoughts of the ones who said we can’t have a go at Celtic because we’d be picked off. This IS how you beat Celtic and Hearts at least showed bottle. We done it for a poor 15 mins because we shat the bed.

100% this.
I've said it many times,if you just sit off them and allow them to do as they wish they will always score,however if you say that all you get is people saying you can't have a go as they will just pick you off.
We blew it at Hampden and at home with those very tactics.

Thecat23
Hearts are streets ahead of us defensively.

Big time.

Tyler Durden
17-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Hearts have been pish all season - in the past week they've had 3 wins and 3 clean sheets. Fair play to them and obviously that propels you up the table.

They're still not a great side, they don't have much quality and we should be confident of going there and winning.

What does seem clear now is that Hearts are getting back to what you'd expect a Levein team to be. Physical, lots of set pieces, work hard - things we need to match.

Heisenberg
17-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Big time.

Playing a right back at centre half and Jamie Brandon at left back too. Levein has sorted them out into a proper Levein side.

Stuart93
17-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Hearts have been pish all season - in the past week they've had 3 wins and 3 clean sheets. Fair play to them and obviously that propels you up the table.

They're still not a great side, they don't have much quality and we should be confident of going there and winning.

What does seem clear now is that Hearts are getting back to what you'd expect a Levein team to be. Physical, lots of set pieces, work hard - things we need to match.

See I keep seeing this "hearts have been pish all season" yet they're only 3 points behind us, which must me we've been pish as well just not slightly as pish

cabbageandribs1875
so, that's what a tattie field looks like

Tyler Durden
Big time.

Based on what?

NZ Green
I stayed up to watch Hearts get pumped, then found myself clapping at the 3rd goal, fair play to them - really looking forward to the Derby now.

sh00byd00
17-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Out of interest, how many proper home games (at the PBS) have they had this season? I suspect not many and that's why they were where they where. They've now got proper home advantage and it's no coincidence they're catching up with the rest of us.

Franck Stanton
If ever there was an opposite to "a carlsberg weekend" then, for me, this is it. Only good point is the manky mob got well and truly gubbed, but even that has a down side as it was them that did it.

The_Horde

Not convinced a Lennon team knows how to do this.

Steve20

We are a shambles and their defensively good. We won’t win there. No chance

Tyler Durden
17-12-2017, 01:21 PM
See I keep seeing this "hearts have been pish all season" yet they're only 3 points behind us, which must me we've been pish as well just not slightly as pish

Up until the past week I said, when they've gained 8 points on us

Thecat23
17-12-2017, 01:21 PM
100% this.
I've said it many times,if you just sit off them and allow them to do as they wish they will always score,however if you say that all you get is people saying you can't have a go as they will just pick you off.
We blew it at Hampden and at home with those very tactics.

Exactly, folk giving it big licks when it was 0-0 saying they were happy. Forrest sitter last week as well Celtic should have been out of sight. Hibs should never be dominated like we were last week. You press Celtic you get your rewards. Hearts did and shock horror look at the score!

Bostonhibby
17-12-2017, 01:22 PM
so, that's what a tattie field looks like

It's a terrible pitch and as they've hardly played on it it's hard not to conclude they keep it in that state deliberately.

Thecat23

Yes we will, but you say this before every derby and never post when we beat them 😂

IGRIGI
I stayed up to watch Hearts get pumped, then found myself clapping at the 3rd goal, fair play to them - really looking forward to the Derby now.

Jesus H Christ, next we'll be organising a rousing rendition of the Hearts song at the next game.

Borderhibbie76
17-12-2017, 01:23 PM
See I keep seeing this "hearts have been pish all season" yet they're only 3 points behind us, which must me we've been pish as well just not slightly as pi****'s nonsense mate they aren't pish at all..Fed up hearing it too. They aren't no crack team either but they ain't as bad as some on here would have you believe neither

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Onion
I’d like to know the thoughts of the ones who said we can’t have a go at Celtic because we’d be picked off. This IS how you beat Celtic and Hearts at least showed bottle. We done it for a poor 15 mins because we shat the bed.

Just as Hibs looked jaded yesterday, Celtic were finally unable to match a team's commitment. Does anyone really think Hearts can play with that kind of intensity for other games - of course not. They were highly motivated, got at Celtic, importantly got the goals / rewards when it mattered which just drove them on even more. This would have been no different to Hibs had we managed to get a 2nd against the Huns, we'd have kicked on. Instead they got 2 easy goals with when they least expected it.

Today changes little other than Hibs will see them coming. Hearts have shown their hand and Hibs need to match up - which I'm sure they will.

Been a horrible week but let's get 3 on Sat and go again.

Tyler Durden

Pathetic as ever from you.

You must be loving this past week

Deansy
Wow - Brendans blinked - literally ! Every time the camera's on him he's blinking furiously !!

Lago
17-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Hearts are streets ahead of us defensively.

Solid

Bostonhibby
Wow - Brendans blinked - literally ! Every time the camera's on him he's blinking furiously !!

Sounds like he actually is melting.

Thecat23
I think we’ll draw the league game and win the cup game against them.

Onion
17-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Jesus H Christ, next we'll be organising a rousing rendition of the Hearts song at the next game.

It's the one song they have left, so why not :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-12-2017, 01:25 PM
So to conclude Hearts have been pish all season but brilliant the last week, Hibs have been brilliant all season but pish the last week. We are definitely going to win, lose or draw the derby. It’s great that Hearts won because Celtic lost but terrible Celtic lost because Hearts won. No one should acknowledge a good Hearts performance because they are Hearts but equally failing to acknowledge Hearts have been good makes you deluded.

I’m off for a lie down.

Wilson
17-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Well done Hearts. Sick of hearing about Celtc's run so this result is hilarious. Who'd have thought THEY would end the run?

With our result yesterday and Celtc today Cowdenbeath would fancy their chances of winning the league!

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2017, 01:26 PM
That was a complete one off and they won't be doing that again in a hurry, we'll put these pink rats back in their cages. You won't see a worse Celtic performance in the SPFL again like that for sure.

Bring it on!!

Ronniekirk
17-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Had to happen some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperAllyMcleod
17-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Prediction - Tynie pitch will be a mess.

Absolutely correct - a disgrace.

HH81
17-12-2017, 01:31 PM

No chance hahahaha.

What score you going for Steven?

cabbageandribs1875
17-12-2017, 01:31 PM
It's the one song they have left, so why not :greengrin

not true, they're back to singing a favourite song their big cousins have started singing again

wookie70
17-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Hibs ground staff are at East Mains putting white lines round a postage stamp and then doing donuts in their tractors to replicate playing conditions. Sound proof walls on three sides will be installed next week so we can replicate that tattie field library effect Hearts that have made their own.

Nameless
17-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Rodgers on the radio, and the first thing out his mouth is "well done Hearts". I don't suppose he can say much else, but glad he isn't making excuses or blaming any external factors.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
17-12-2017, 01:46 PM
1-0 Man Utd. Lukaku.

Hiber-nation
17-12-2017, 01:48 PM
We could do with the likes of big Holty for the derby on that pitch. It was the same last season and Lennon went long ball but we can't really do that this time.

Hibs90
17-12-2017, 01:53 PM
We are actually all they care about.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2017, 01:53 PM
2 0 Man U

Firestarter
17-12-2017, 01:54 PM
I think we’ll draw the league game and win the cup game against them.

Snap your fingers off for that now.

cabbageandribs1875
17-12-2017, 01:56 PM
it's been a strange weekend, st.johnstone win at the bigot dome for the first time in 46 years, hertz beat sellick for the first time in 100+ years

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 01:59 PM
it's been a strange weekend, st.johnstone win at the bigot dome for the first time in 46 years, hertz beat sellick for the first time in 100+ years

I heard its actually the first time hearts have ever beaten a team in green. They will be challenging Edinburgh City next for the Reekie bridesmaid honour.

JimboHibs
17-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Suddenly bricking it for the next 2 derbies

FFS never fear playing the inbred incest champions.

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Sounds like they might have two 16 year olds in midfield. Nae danger of winning.

What does this idiot know? :offski:

Lago
17-12-2017, 02:56 PM
So to conclude Hearts have been pish all season but brilliant the last week, Hibs have been brilliant all season but pish the last week. We are definitely going to win, lose or draw the derby. It’s great that Hearts won because Celtic lost but terrible Celtic lost because Hearts won. No one should acknowledge a good Hearts performance because they are Hearts but equally failing to acknowledge Hearts have been good makes you deluded.

I’m off for a lie down.

Excellent. While your lieing down you may want to consider the fact that Hearts have the 2nd best defensive record in the league after Celtics, 19 goals conceeded.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 02:57 PM
What does this idiot know? :offski:

Thats football for yer mate, makes mugs of all of us from time to time :wink:

-Jonesy-
17-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Excellent. While your lieing down you may want to consider the fact that Hearts have the 2nd best defensive record in the league after Celtics, 19 goals conceeded.

Easy to achieve when you are streets ahead on fouls commited and yellow cards mind

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Thats football for yet mate, makes mugs of all of us from time to time :wink:

I fell asleep and missed the whole thing. What the hell happened, 4-0?

wookie70
17-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Easy to achieve when you are streets ahead on fouls commited and yellow cards mind
Maybe we should be a bit more cynical as we hardly make any fouls compared to who we play against

Billy Whizz
17-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Think that’s Kyles 6th league booking of the season. Think he’ll miss the Derby

S4uzee
17-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Is it not 14 days after?

Mantis Toboggan
17-12-2017, 05:03 PM
That was a complete one off and they won't be doing that again in a hurry, we'll put these pink rats back in their cages. You won't see a worse Celtic performance in the SPFL again like that for sure.

Bring it on!!

Celtic were really naive I thought. Different tactics are always needed at Tiny due to pitch size/quality and the 'robust' approach that they revel in.
I dont think we will fall into the same trap.

andybev1
17-12-2017, 05:05 PM
I know we hate him and it pains me to say it but if we had signed laugherty we would be laughing. (will get my armour on).

hibbysam
17-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Celtic were really naive I thought. Different tactics are always needed at Tiny due to pitch size/quality and the 'robust' approach that they revel in.
I dont think we will fall into the same trap.

They were exactly the same today as rangers were last year in the 4-1 doing. Tried to play usual passing game and got torn to bits as the pitch is murder and doesn’t allow you to do that. We turned up 2 weeks later and battled them, drew 0-0 and then pumped them on a proper football pitch.

Lennon will have us sorted for playing on that mud bath.

Billy Whizz
17-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Is it not 14 days after?

McGinn was suspended 14 days after his booking, but that’s because we didn’t have a game in between

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2017, 05:15 PM
I know we hate him and it pains me to say it but if we had signed laugherty we would be laughing. (will get my armour on).You are spot on, no idea why this place things he is hopeless.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Think it will be Hamilton away on 24th January that he'll miss.

andybev1
17-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Rangers first home defeat from St Johnston in 46 years - it has just been a freak weekend.

ancient hibee
17-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Rangers first home defeat from St Johnston in 46 years - it has just been a freak weekend.
Yes Hibs first away defeat for 9 months in the league or over 3 years in the top league!

calumhibee1
17-12-2017, 08:09 PM
https://twitter.com/davidwilkes2012/status/942415187726004224

But they’re not mini huns, it’s a small minority etc... honest!

celtic1888
17-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Gutted! Knew the run had to end sometime but not them ffs. Although kinda glad it wasn't the full fat variety. We've been off the boil all season & looked like we thought we only had to turn up to get a result. Hopefully this acts as a wake up call

Mr White
17-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Gutted! Knew the run had to end sometime but not them ffs. Although kinda glad it wasn't the full fat variety. We've been off the boil all season & looked like we thought we only had to turn up to get a result. Hopefully this acts as a wake up call

It'd be better if it's just the start of a long devastatingly painful slide tbh.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Hearts have killed celtic as a club.

JimBHibees
18-12-2017, 06:30 AM

That must only be the league as saints won at Ibrox a few years back in the league cup.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2017, 06:33 AM

How can a club only formed in 2012 be beaten at home for the first time in 46?

Albanian Hibs
18-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Hearts have killed celtic as a club.

I thought that only happened at 5-1???

greenpaper55
18-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Hibs, Rangers and Celtic all played each other within seven days and all were beaten at the weekend ending all sorts of runs, coincidence !

eastcoasthibby
18-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Fair play to them, have had the game plan I wanted us to take to Celtic the other week, get in their faces and give them no time.

We dont have enough players that will get in teams faces and work hard to press the game !! Efe, whittaker, Boyle, Barker, Stokes, none of the get tight enough to close players down and challenge them, they run towards players but thats it ...our work ethic at the top end ofthe park isn't great defenders.get an easy time too often with the ball ...not like ours !!!