PDA

View Full Version : Kevin De Bruyne

LustForLeith
17-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Watched the City and Spurs game last night and I can’t remeber the last time I saw a performance as good as De Bruyne. Caused Spurs all sorts of problems and despite Alli almost breaking his ankle he kept going.

I’m sure at one point he got to a lose ball and instead of stopping it and looking for a pass hit it first time to the other side of the pitch to land perfectly at the feet of Sane.

Not just the best player in that league but one of the very best in the world just now.

(Wish this had Hibs content!)

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Lucky side :wink:

judas
17-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Watched the City and Spurs game last night and I can’t remeber the last time I saw a performance as good as De Bruyne. Caused Spurs all sorts of problems and despite Alli almost breaking his ankle he kept going.

I’m sure at one point he got to a lose ball and instead of stopping it and looking for a pass hit it first time to the other side of the pitch to land perfectly at the feet of Sane.

Not just the best player in that league but one of the very best in the world just now.

It's a pity, De Bruyne will certainly lose hos place when Barker returns from his loan spell with us.

Bishop Hibee
17-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Lets hope the good form continues into the Workd Cup finals particularly their last group game.

To give this some Hibs content, there are undoubtedly Spurs fans forums with similar threads to the ones on here.

HoboHarry
18-12-2017, 04:18 AM

If De Bruyne isn't player of the year there is no justice, he's been magnificent this season.

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2017, 05:00 AM
If De Bruyne isn't player of the year there is no justice, he's been magnificent this season.

What about Salah at Liverpool? Twenty goals already this season from the wing; outstanding form.

HH81
18-12-2017, 06:07 AM
Is he playing in the best premier league team of all time?

bigwheel
18-12-2017, 08:02 AM

Certainly could be - I guess they will have to go on and actually win a number if things to solidify that claim- but it does look at another level , from even the great Man united teams of the past

IWasThere2016
18-12-2017, 08:51 AM
What about Salah at Liverpool? Twenty goals already this season from the wing; outstanding form.

Definitely been the best signing of the season. As a City fan, KdB has been the an absolute joy.

Was going to take it easy this weekend but reckon I'll end up at the Etihad :cb

Baader
18-12-2017, 09:23 AM
What a team Chelsea could have had!

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2017, 09:26 AM
What a team Chelsea could have had!

Yep, they binned both De Bruyne and Salah. Not the best decisions, with hindsight.

lyonhibs
18-12-2017, 09:29 AM
He's absolute different gravy, as is Sane who they brought in because the other best midfielder in England, David Silva, was out.

Incredible strength in depth and playing some great stuff. Who knows, at some point they may even regularly sell out their stadium 😅

Just Jimmy
18-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Sane is amazing in the flesh. His pace is frightening. De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the league right now. Everything city does is through him. I love watching city in person, the armosphere is naff but for pure football it's sensational.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jgl07
18-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Yep, they binned both De Bruyne and Salah. Not the best decisions, with hindsight.

Did Mourinho give both of them the heave from Chelsea?

Smartie
18-12-2017, 01:07 PM

Not sure they were both binned.

It's not every player who is prepared to sit on the sidelines at a big club patiently waiting for an opportunity that might never come.

De Bruyne wanted to leave Chelsea, he needed to be playing football for the sake of his development so he left in order to get it. I think I read this in an interview with Frank Lampard, who had a lot of respect for De Bruyne's ambition.

Neither of these players would be the players they are now if they'd just stayed put.

jgl07
18-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Not sure they were both binned.

It's not every player who is prepared to sit on the sidelines at a big club patiently waiting for an opportunity that might never come.

De Bruyne wanted to leave Chelsea, he needed to be playing football for the sake of his development so he left in order to get it. I think I read this in an interview with Frank Lampard, who had a lot of respect for De Bruyne's ambition.

Neither of these players would be the players they are now if they'd just stayed put.
They could have gone on loan and be brought back as Chelsea did with Moses.

De Bruyne went on loan for a season to Werder Bremen and returned to Chelsea. He was later sold to Wolfsburg.

Salah had two loan spells with Fiorentina and Roma before signing for the latter.

This all tends to indicate that Mourinho cannot spot an attacking player to save his life.

frazeHFC
18-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Thought De Bruyne was poor for a large part of last season by his standards, but this season he's been frightening. Incredible range of passing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2017, 06:09 PM

I'd be a Salah man too. Hazard 3rd.

Pete
19-12-2017, 02:07 AM
Reminds me of McGinn in the way he’s become a man this season.

Big players for the big teams in their city.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 02:11 AM
Reminds me of McGinn in the way he’s become a man this season.

Big players for the big teams in their city.

:faf:

I love your sky blue thinking, Pete. Always the optimist. The current City team is outstanding; I'll give you that.

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Assuming his 2 1 finger gesture was in relation to the Manc derby the week before. Strange one.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Assuming his 2 1 finger gesture was in relation to the Manc derby the week before. Strange one.

Obsessed with United; always have been. It's just like Yambo doing his 5-1 gesture at every opportunity.

hibbysam
19-12-2017, 06:20 AM

Was to do with Silva, who wears 21, being out due to family reasons.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 06:21 AM
Was to do with Silva, who wears 21, being out due to family reasons.

Nah, Jim's right :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Nah, Jim's right :greengrin

Maybe he was saying the last derby should have been 21 0 :confused: :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Maybe he was saying the last derby should have been 21 0 :confused: :greengrin

Or how many trophies City have won in the last fifty years :wink:

LustForLeith
19-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Definitely been the best signing of the season. As a City fan, KdB has been the an absolute joy.

Was going to take it easy this weekend but reckon I'll end up at the Etihad :cb

Just out of curiosity how easy is it to get tickets for a Man City game?

My son supporters them and was trying go look into it yesterday but I needed Java on my computer!

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 06:50 AM

Boom. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Boom. :greengrin

It's an exaggeration of course. They've done better than that.

Just Jimmy
19-12-2017, 09:37 AM
[Quote]Just out of curiosity how easy is it to get tickets for a Man City game?

My son supporters them and was trying go look into it yesterday but I needed Java on my computer![Quote]

Depends who they are playing. Cat A is hard and you need to have bought by a certain date. Cat B depends on when, and Cat C easy. You can get tickets on the day if you pick the right games. When I moved here the locals side watch Utd and to an extent City on a week night as a lot of travelling fans don't bother for week night games. that's stood me in good stead so far.

If you book in advance you'll get tickets. Give me a shout if you need advice or if I can help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pete
19-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Touché. United definitely have purchased more trophies than city...well, since 1991 or whatever it is.

jacomo
19-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Nah. Guardiola's just a cheque book manager who has been found out in the EPL.

Pete
19-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Nah. Guardiola's just a cheque book manager who has been found out in the EPL.

With respect, that’s nonsense mate.

His Barcelona team were more than a match for a Resl Madrid team who really are a chequebook club. That team are also responsible for some of the best football ever seen using a lot of home grown talent.

As for city, don’t let the non-Mancunian United fans fool you. Chelsea and United have just as much spending power but they simply aren’t cutting it because they haven’t got someone with the vision and style of Mr. Guardiola. Far from being found out, it’s all coming together and they might turn into one of the best ever, like his Barca team was.

Football is the real winner when teams like this are around.

IWasThere2016
19-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Just out of curiosity how easy is it to get tickets for a Man City game?

My son supporters them and was trying go look into it yesterday but I needed Java on my computer!

All home games are up for sale now. Restrictions apply and some games are sold out - eg final day, ManUre etc..

I have a Cityzen membership so can help if need be. It is a great experience at the Etihad - though getting to the ground less so...

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 01:28 PM
With respect, that’s nonsense mate.

His Barcelona team were more than a match for a Resl Madrid team who really are a chequebook club. That team are also responsible for some of the best football ever seen using a lot of home grown talent.

As for city, don’t let the non-Mancunian United fans fool you. Chelsea and United have just as much spending power but they simply aren’t cutting it because they haven’t got someone with the vision and style of Mr. Guardiola. Far from being found out, it’s all coming together and they might turn into one of the best ever, like his Barca team was.

Football is the real winner when teams like this are around.

:agree: Its all about Guardiola. He's just the best manager/tactician around by miles, maybe ever.

Good stat courtesy of James Richardson; Man City have 16 consecutive wins which is the English record, also ties the Spanish record set in 2010-11 by Guardiolas Barca, and 3 short of the German record of 19, set by Bayern in 13-14 managed by, yes you guessed it Guardiola.

LustForLeith
19-12-2017, 04:53 PM
:agree: Its all about Guardiola. He's just the best manager/tactician around by miles, maybe ever.

Good stat courtesy of James Richardson; Man City have 16 consecutive wins which is the English record, also ties the Spanish record set in 2010-11 by Guardiolas Barca, and 3 short of the German record of 19, set by Bayern in 13-14 managed by, yes you guessed it Guardiola.

A!so apparently City train less than any other club in the top flight

Haymaker
19-12-2017, 05:55 PM

It's not about the quantity of training but the quality of it. A lot of coaches forget that.

SChibs
19-12-2017, 06:03 PM

I wonder if that means training as in being out on the pitch and they spend a lot of time on analysis and learning how to play the managers style?

hibsbollah
19-12-2017, 07:22 PM

I'd love to know more about that.

J-C
20-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Once you're fit and at the level needed it should all be about tactics, shape, ball control etc, you don't need all the running about daft stuff during the season.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2017, 01:42 PM
All home games are up for sale now. Restrictions apply and some games are sold out - eg final day, ManUre etc..

I have a Cityzen membership so can help if need be. It is a great experience at the Etihad - though getting to the ground less so...

That's a top post. :top marks

LustForLeith
20-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I'd love to know more about that.

I saw it on Sunday Supplement where I can't remember which team they were talking about but the players didnt like the amount of training they were doing. It was a team under pressure at that point (might have been Pre Sam Everton) and it was then brought up that City do the least training in the Premier.