Boyle
Stokes
Barker

Lago
16-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Thought Gray is injured

spudhib
17-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Hopefully Fonts and Swanson get some game time.

eastcoasthibby
17-12-2017, 09:47 AM
I think Porteous might get a shout against County in a back 3 ...Slivka also deserves a game, instead of Bartley, if we play Boyle and Barker they need be given the ball more, as thats.the reason for playing them to create chances and goals. Stokes is the better finisher than Murray though if we are getting Boyle and Barker getting balls.in the box maybe Shaw is the better option as a finisher ??

As an aside I will watch with interest how the boy Naismith plays ...

Unseen work
17-12-2017, 01:01 PM
I think Porteous might get a shout against County in a back 3 ...Slivka also deserves a game, instead of Bartley, if we play Boyle and Barker they need be given the ball more, as thats.the reason for playing them to create chances and goals. Stokes is the better finisher than Murray though if we are getting Boyle and Barker getting balls.in the box maybe Shaw is the better option as a finisher ??

As an aside I will watch with interest how the boy Naismith plays ...

Would love if we signed Naismith. Solid in a tackle and is a fantastic option going forward.

rotherhamrob
17-12-2017, 01:21 PM
After yesterdays performance there should be changes made.
I wouldn't be against porteous and fraser Murray being brought in.

Heisenberg
17-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGinn
McGeough
Swanson
Stevenson

Stokes
Murray

Brightside
17-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Hopefully Fonts and Swanson get some game time.

Fonts isn't fit yet, either is Gray. I think we will see Swanson coming in.

We don't appear to have any fit RBs so we must go with the back 3.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Barker

Stokes

McGreggor doesn’t look fit to me and for all we were wasteful on Wednesday we played far better without Bartley, despite being outnumbered, than we did with him yesterday. Murray seems to have gone off the boil again so hopefully a wee boot up the erse has worked for Stokes. I’d honestly not think twice about dropping either McGeough or McGinn after their last 2 performances but not sure we have anyone fit to come in, likewise with the goalkeeping situation.

danhibees1875
17-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Barker

Stokes

I'd go for that too. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Barker

Stokes

McGreggor doesn’t look fit to me and for all we were wasteful on Wednesday we played far better without Bartley, despite being outnumbered, than we did with him yesterday. Murray seems to have gone off the boil again so hopefully a wee boot up the erse has worked for Stokes. I’d honestly not think twice about dropping either McGeough or McGinn after their last 2 performances but not sure we have anyone fit to come in, likewise with the goalkeeping situation.

Looks like a good shout .. though if Gray was fit I would have him at RB and Ambrose at CH beside Hanlon, I appreciate he isn't.

The big shout here is Slivka for Bartley, who it has to be said was honking at Pittodrie, though considering what he has contributed in the past he is allowed one really bad day, at least none of his team mates could call him out for it considering how they played. But whatever the case its high time Slivka stepped up and made his mark in this team anyway .... he looks miles off putting pressure on McGinn or McGeouch and even Bartley is being preferred to him in games where his particular skill set isn't really required .... for a guy deemed worthy of a contract by Juventus and an established international that's a wee bit disappointing to say the least.

In fact, what's wrong with giving Fraser Murray a shout, the kid has looked like a decent prospect and has shown a willingness to get into the box in the games I have seen him in which is more than you can say for our more established midfield players.

Libby Hibby
17-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Rocky

Porteous
Efe
Hanlon

Stevenson
Slivka
McGinn
Swanson
Boyle

Stokes
Murray

Fuzzywuzzy
17-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Just put of curiosity what's happened to laidlaw?

J-C
17-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Rocky

Porteous
Efe
Hanlon

Stevenson
Slivka
McGinn
Swanson
Boyle

Stokes
Murray

This would be my team but change Murray for Shaw as I feel he deserves another start considering Murray has been really pants recently.

IGRIGI
17-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
Hanlon
McGregor

Boyle
Slivka
Bartley
Mcginn
Barker

Stokes
Murray

theonlywayisup
17-12-2017, 08:16 PM
I feel we need to get a grip of midfield - McGinn and McGeouch need support.

My team would be:

Rocky

Whittaker/Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
McGinn
McGeough

Boyle (free role)
Stokes

S4uzee
17-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Mcgeouch
Swanson

Boyle
Stokes

DarlingtonHibee
17-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Just put of curiosity what's happened to laidlaw?

Injury, shoulder. No timescales yet.

Smartie
17-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Anyone know what's up with David Gray?

We could do with him coming back and putting in a shift.

Funny how there have been rumours about both Whittaker and Gray carrying injuries this year, and that their first team appearances have been a bit short of what we might expect.

DarlingtonHibee
17-12-2017, 08:35 PM
They are both carrying injuries.

RamYer1902
17-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Swanson
Barker

Stokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
17-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Lennon slated Marciano in his interview and he would be dropped if Laidlaw was available I feel.

Would like to see Swanson get a run out as feel he’s not been given much of a chance.

Any win Saturday is important for confidence - the derby will take care of itself but will need width and toughness to win that (Bartley a must for the derby)

shetlandhibee
18-12-2017, 12:18 AM
:agree:
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Mcgeouch
Swanson

Boyle
Stokes
this gets my vote

Nicho87
18-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Marciano

Efe Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Bartley McGinn

Swanson

Boyle Stokes

WeveGotMcginn
18-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Marciano

Efe Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Bartley McGinn

Swanson

Boyle Stokes

Yep [emoji1369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
18-12-2017, 12:49 AM
_______________Marciano

____Ambrose____Mcgregor____Hanlon

_________Bartley________McGinn
Boyle__________Swanson__________Barker

_________Murray_________Stokes

we are hibs
18-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Marciano

Porteous
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

boyle
mcgeouch
mcginn
swanson
barker

stokes

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Lennon slated Marciano in his interview and he would be dropped if Laidlaw was available I feel.

Would like to see Swanson get a run out as feel he’s not been given much of a chance.

Any win Saturday is important for confidence - the derby will take care of itself but will need width and toughness to win that (Bartley a must for the derby)

What concerns me is the way the game passed Bartley by at Pittodrie ..... I'm hoping that was down to the failure of those around him. Hibs failed to control Aberdeen on both wings and that meant the ball wasn't being forced into the middle of the pitch where Barley is so good at breaking up attacks.

JDHibs
18-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Rocky (purely because we dont have anybody else)

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Swanson
McGeouch
McGinn

Barker
Shaw
Boyle

We are shipping goals left right and centre, porteous deserves a shot after the amount of poor errors our so called better players are making.

Bartley should be a bench player at best. McGeouch can do the defensive duties and play a deep playmaker role. Swanson is a good attacking midfielder, he can shoot, score and set up chances.

Shaw deserves a shot. May aswell. No other striker wants to score.

Smartie
18-12-2017, 11:57 AM
I'd be inclined to minimise the changes for this one.

We had a bad day at the office on Saturday. We've had many more good ones this season.

I'd maybe have one eye on Tynecastle, when we're going to need to go and have a fight on a skating rink and will need to have the most suitable players for that fight fit.

I'd play Ambrose, McGeouch and Stokes against County, I might not start any of them at Tynecastle. I might save Bartley for Tynecastle, when we'll absolutely need him.

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch

Stokes
Murray
Boyle

lyonhibs
18-12-2017, 12:01 PM
A surprising number of people wanting Ambrose at right back here. A big no go IMO, although currently preferable to Whittaker obviously.

3-5-2 for me, buggered if I know exactly which players but McGinn needs liberated so he can be much more involved 20 yards higher up the park than he has been recently.

Smartie
18-12-2017, 12:10 PM
A surprising number of people wanting Ambrose at right back here. A big no go IMO, although currently preferable to Whittaker obviously.

3-5-2 for me, buggered if I know exactly which players but McGinn needs liberated so he can be much more involved 20 yards higher up the park than he has been recently.

I don't want Ambrose at right back, but Gray and Whittaker have looked injured and below par when they've played so he's probably the preferable option under the circumstances.

hibbyfraelibby
18-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Slivka must get a start and allow SJM a wee rest on the bench. Big Davie up front because no-one is getting on the end of the balls ito the box.

Brooster
18-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Time for Porteous, Murray and Shaw to get more game time. These lads will only get better whilst 2 or 3 regulars wont get any better Im afraid.

J-C
18-12-2017, 01:28 PM
I'll go for a 3-5-2

Rocky

Ambrose
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson