PDA

View Full Version : Implosion

Hibs90
16-12-2017, 04:45 PM
I just hope we haven't bit the self destruct button and it

Can someone give a fair report of the game today please? Or is the bed wetting justified?

ancient hibee
16-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Think your first sentence has imploded:greengrin

Hibs90
16-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Think your first sentence has imploded:greengrin

Not even had a drink yet :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I just hope we haven't bit the self destruct button and it

Can someone give a fair report of the game today please? Or is the bed wetting justified?

Aberdeen probably had their best display of the season and us our worst, the Hamilton game at ER notwithstanding. But there's no denying it we were absolutely rotten after about the first 10 minutes where we looked like we might play well. Practically every goal was avoidable with the 2nd and 3rd being down to poor defending and criminally slack play. We were second to the ball all over the pitch and our movement was non existent with players on the ball having no out ball, meaning they were caught in possession time and again.

I don't think its possible to overstate just how bad we were in all honesty. The team were rightly praised for a storming fightback against Celtic and deserved the sympathy they got from Hibs fans and neutrals alike for they way they played on Wednesday without getting the reward they deserved. But they owe the fans ( especially the ones who turned up today ) 3 huge performances in the games left between now and the winter break, because that was unacceptable today.

Hibs90
16-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Aberdeen probably had their best display of the season and us our worst, the Hamilton game at ER notwithstanding. But there's no denying it we were absolutely rotten after about the first 10 minutes where we looked like we might play well. Practically every goal was avoidable with the 2nd and 3rd being down to poor defending and criminally slack play. We were second to the ball all over the pitch and our movement was non existent with players on the ball having no out ball, meaning they were caught in possession time and again.

I don't think its possible to overstate just how bad we were in all honesty. The team were rightly praised for a storming fightback against Celtic and deserved the sympathy they got from Hibs fans and neutrals alike for they way they played on Wednesday without getting the reward they deserved. But they owe the fans ( especially the ones who turned up today ) 3 huge performances in the games left between now and the winter break, because that was unacceptable today.

Cheers

WeeRussell
16-12-2017, 10:26 PM
It was brutal today, Lennon probably right in saying it’s as bad a performance as he’s seen since arriving. In that sense the criticism is wholly justified. Even without the individual errors leading to goals, we appeared second to everything and inferior all across the park. In the end we were lucky to get away with 4.

However, the sudden switch from Lennon building something special, this team deserves our support and what a good place we’re in right now to..wanting to sell McGinn, thinking we’ll finish bottom six and get hammered off Hearts isn’t justified based on one terrible performance. (I assume that’s what bed-wetting is?)

Steve20
17-12-2017, 04:25 AM
It was brutal today, Lennon probably right in saying it’s as bad a performance as he’s seen since arriving. In that sense the criticism is wholly justified. Even without the individual errors leading to goals, we appeared second to everything and inferior all across the park. In the end we were lucky to get away with 4.

However, the sudden switch from Lennon building something special, this team deserves our support and what a good place we’re in right now to..wanting to sell McGinn, thinking we’ll finish bottom six and get hammered off Hearts isn’t justified based on one terrible performance. (I assume that’s what bed-wetting is?)

One? We’ve been crap since the beginning of November. 1 win in 6 and that was through an own goal in a game that we were powder puff again.

ajf
17-12-2017, 08:51 AM
The intensity of the last two games took its toll on the hibs players , the guys were out on their feet before the Aberdeen game , hibs and rangers both got beaten on Saturday by teams who had played each other on Wednesday night but there wasn't the same effort and intensity in their game , in our case Aberdeen were right up for a big game having seen us pummel the rangers but we were a spent force and didn't have enough time to recover , hence the poor performance, only my opinion offcourse,

B.H.F.C
17-12-2017, 09:02 AM
The intensity of the last two games took its toll on the hibs players , the guys were out on their feet before the Aberdeen game , hibs and rangers both got beaten on Saturday by teams who had played each other on Wednesday night but there wasn't the same effort and intensity in their game , in our case Aberdeen were right up for a big game having seen us pummel the rangers but we were a spent force and didn't have enough time to recover , hence the poor performance, only my opinion offcourse,

Think the intensity of the last week is too easy an excuse to use.

That isn't the reason nobody bothered to track Shinnie in to the box after 10 minutes. It doesn't explain McGregors attempt to defend at the second or Marciano's attempt to save it. It doesn't explain the comical way we lost the ball for the third.

We made so many basic mistakes it was unreal. The players didn't show anything at all yesterday.

Pete
17-12-2017, 09:15 AM
We’ve been crap since the beginning of November.

Here we go :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
17-12-2017, 09:23 AM
One? We’ve been crap since the beginning of November. 1 win in 6 and that was through an own goal in a game that we were powder puff again.

We’ve won 5 of our last 10, with 2 draws and 3 losses. It could be better but it’s hardly worth you absolutely losing your **** over.

ajf
17-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Think the intensity of the last week is too easy an excuse to use.

That isn't the reason nobody bothered to track Shinnie in to the box after 10 minutes. It doesn't explain McGregors attempt to defend at the second or Marciano's attempt to save it. It doesn't explain the comical way we lost the ball for the third.

We made so many basic mistakes it was unreal. The players didn't show anything at all yesterday.

Shinnie was tracked by Mcgeoch that was the problem , McGregor was aware of the diving little cheat he was trying to take the ball off in the penalty box and was aware he could get sent off if he timed it wrongly and consequently never made a tackle , Marciano I have noticed before has a problem with half hit shots which he tends to let squirm into the net and lastly it was Efe :greengrin

WeeRussell
17-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Yes. It’s taken 1 terrible performance for the above ridiculous statements to come out.

I would ask you if you didn’t think our performance was good on Wednesday night but if I recall correctly, you have form for just persistently being negative about all things Hibs for some bizarre reason. Apologies if I have the wrong person.

lucky
17-12-2017, 10:59 AM
We were poor but I think Celtic and Rangers games took there toll on the players

The Spaceman
17-12-2017, 11:30 AM
If we got the win we completely deserved against Rangers I'd have been happy enough with the 4 points. I know the fact is we didn't, but its not going to get harder than playing the top 3 hardest teams in the space of 7 days in December.

We have much better quality than everyone outside of the top 4...that will show over the rest of the season. Too many bedwetters on here - it was a tired away performance against what is a very good Aberdeen side.

Skol
17-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Not sure if its been discussed here or elsewhere but we just played the top 3 in 6 days with only 2 day breaks between games. The players put in a massive shift on Wednesday night after a tough game on Sunday. Its hardly a surprise that they were a wee bit off the boil.

Famous Fiver
17-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Late entry for Word of the Year?