PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Aberdeen

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2017, 04:27 PM
This is based on the TV so I will obviously bow to the greater knowledge of anybody who was actually there .... its gonna be harsh :dummytit:

Marciano ..... 4 ..... Never got near anything, should have done better at their second and never came for a single ball into the box.

Ambrose ..... 5 ..... Apart from his calamitous mistake he was one of the few who still contributed something after we went two behind. But he still wants shooting for a schoolboy error in allowing the ball to be stolen from him.

Hanlon ..... 4 ..... Part of a defence who utterly capitulated and did little or nothing with the ball apart from one good through ball to Shaw.

McGregor .... 4 ..... Chasing shadows half the time and caught under the ball at times too, distribution as bad as Hanlon's.

Stevenson .... 4 .... Absolutely roasted by their front line and out of position far too often.

Bartley .... 3 .... The game absolutely passed him by, possibly his worst performance in a Hibs shirt.

McGeouch .... 4 ..... Caught in possession far too often, playing 3 yard passes to McGinn and Bartley with 4 players around them lost us the ball time and again.

McGinn .... 5 .... Absolutely nothing came off for him, he played one great crossfield ball to Boyle who wasted it and had a terrific shot which on another day would have been a goal, as guilty as McGeouch of playing 3 yard passes to surrounded players leading to us losing the ball .. not a 4 because he contributed 2 of the only 3 bits of quality we came up with.

Boyle ..... 5 .... Marked out of the game and made nothing happen, the one time he could have got free he made a mess of controlling the ball, won a few corners which is why he isn't another one on a 4.

Barker .... 5 ..... Had one very good run and tried to make things happen, but another one guilty of running into traffic and giving the ball away far too often.

Murray .... 3 ..... For all the threat he was I might as well have been at centre forward.

SUBS:

Shaw ..... 4 ..... Made practically the only intelligent run by a Hibs forward all afternoon onto Hanlon's pass, shame it was just a wee bit too far in front of him.

Whittaker .... 3 .... Proved once again that he cant defend.

Stokes .... 4 ..... Managed a shot, which is more than any Hibs forward player, though he wont get a goal for it coz it was an OG in the end.

On Wednesday we had a few key guys who didn't play well, but we overcame that with a good attitude and a good team performance ... today we had even more key guys off their game and the team played poorly as a unit with a rank attitude, second to every ball and terrible or no intelligent movement all over the park and a defence who at times were a shambles.

Aberdeen were good though .... but before they gloat too much they have to ask their players why they can play like that against teams like Hibs and absolutely **** it against the Ugly sisters, especially Sevco.

Allant1981
16-12-2017, 04:31 PM
marciano - 5
Ambrose - 4
Mcgregor - 4
Hanlon - 5
Stevenson - 6
Bartley - 4
Mcginn - 5
Mcgeouch - 6
Barker - 7
Boyle - 4
Murray - 4

Stokes - 4
Whittaker - 4
Shaw - 4

Bostonhibby
16-12-2017, 04:36 PM
This is based on the TV so I will obviously bow to the greater knowledge of anybody who was actually there .... its gonna be harsh :dummytit:

Marciano ..... 4 ..... Never got near anything, should have done better at their second and never came for a single ball into the box.

Ambrose ..... 5 ..... Apart from his calamitous mistake he was one of the few who still contributed something after we went two behind. But he still wants shooting for a schoolboy error in allowing the ball to be stolen from him.

Hanlon ..... 4 ..... Part of a defence who utterly capitulated and did little or nothing with the ball apart from one good through ball to Shaw.

McGregor .... 4 ..... Chasing shadows half the time and caught under the ball at times too, distribution as bad as Hanlon's.

Stevenson .... 4 .... Absolutely roasted by GMS and out of position far too often.

Bartley .... 3 .... The game absolutely passed him by, possibly his worst performance in a Hibs shirt.

McGeouch .... 4 ..... Caught in possession far too often, playing 3 yard passes to McGinn and Bartley with 4 players around them lost us the ball time and again.

McGinn .... 5 .... Absolutely nothing came off for him, he played one great crossfield ball to Boyle who wasted it and had a terrific shot which on another day would have been a goal, as guilty as McGeouch of playing 3 yard passes to surrounded players leading to us losing the ball .. not a 4 because he contributed 2 of the only 3 bits of quality we came up with.

Boyle ..... 5 .... Marked out of the game and made nothing happen, the one time he could have got free he made a mess of controlling the ball, won a few corners which is why he isn't another one on a 4.

Barker .... 5 ..... Had one very good run and tried to make things happen, but another one guilty of running into traffic and giving the ball away far too often.

Murray .... 3 ..... For all the threat he was I might as well have been at centre forward.

SUBS:

Shaw ..... 4 ..... Made practically the only intelligent run by a Hibs forward all afternoon onto Hanlon's pass, shame it was just a wee bit too far in front of him.

Stokes .... 4 ..... Managed a shot, which is more than any Hibs forward player, though he wont get a goal for it coz it was an OG in the end.

On Wednesday we had a few key guys who didn't play well, but we overcame that with a good attitude and a good team performance ... today we had even more key guys off their game and the team played poorly as a unit with a rank attitude, second to every ball and terrible or no intelligent movement all over the park and a defence who at times were a shambles.

Aberdeen were good though .... but before they gloat too much they have to ask their players why they can play like that against teams like Hibs and absolutely **** it against the Ugly sisters, especially Sevco.You must have been watching on the same telly as me[emoji6]

Only 3 comments I'd add. Rocky- for such a big keeper he simply doesn't command the box.

Boyle, love the guy but today he met his match, or was completely off form. Totally ineffective. I hate number rating but a 1 today.

Ambrose. Gifted footballer and did a few good things today but he has to realise he's not able to do the Beckenbauer efforts at the times he does, not good enough and not in the positions he does as the opposition are waiting to profit from it.

That's me finished until jonnyboy posts.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

ekhibee
16-12-2017, 04:38 PM

Stevenson .... 4 .... Absolutely roasted by GMS and out of position far too often.

SUBS:

Aberdeen were good though .... but before they gloat too much they have to ask their players why they can play like that against teams like Hibs and absolutely **** it against the Ugly sisters, especially Sevco.
Totally agree with all of that. Aberdeen were efficient, but we really were so poor that they looked a lot better than they actually are.

Blaster
16-12-2017, 04:39 PM

SUBS:

Agree with all the ratings but GMS played on the opposite side of the pitch to Stevenson

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Agree with all the ratings but GMS played on the opposite side of the pitch to Stevenson

Yeh, just realised that, I did him a disservice there letting my annoyance get the better of me .... he was poor though, but then so was everybody so I'm not just picking on him for the sake of it.

I'll delete that bit from my comments so I don't look any dafter :greengrin

Allant1981
16-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Yeh, just realised that, I did him a disservice there letting my annoyance get the better of me .... he was poor though, but then so was everybody so I'm not just picking on him for the sake of it.

I'll delete that bit from my comments so I don't look any dafter :greengrin

i actually thought stevenson had a decemt game, was telling that every attack came down our right as they knew they would have more luck out that side

hibsbollah
16-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Ratings generally fair but generous to Marciano. Hes clearly badly out of form, calamitous against the huns and although no massive clangers today but he needs to make more of an effort at at least two of those goals. Positioning really suspect again.

wookie70
16-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Marciano ..... 3 ..... Looked poor at the second but I was a long way away, generally had a game where he didn't look like he was going to save a single shot

Ambrose ..... 4 ..... Schoolboy stuff that he does every single week but got caught out this time. His positioning was suspect at their first too from what I could see.

Hanlon ..... 4 ..... Didn't look as calamitous as Ambrose or Daz but he wasn't much better to be honest

McGregor .... 3 ..... Coming back from injury and took a kick to the head but one of his worst games in a Hibs Jersey. I don't think there was a breath of wind up there and he misjudged quite a few headers.

Stevenson .... 5 .... He never had too much to do compared to the rest as GMS was having a field day on our right. Not much wrong not too many positives either though. One of the few who broke sweat.

Bartley .... 2 .... Absolutely honking and didn't look fit

McGeouch .... 3 ..... Caught in possession multiple times, slow, can't remember a really good pass and lost us another goal because he can't be bothered to track back.

McGinn .... 4 .... Probably his worst game in a Hibs jersey. He did put in a decent shift but his touch let him down time and time again, he was dreadful at set pieces again and 5 attempts at a pass from a centre kick resulted in lost possessions 5 times. If this is Lennon's instructions for centre please just ignore them and keep possession.

Boyle ..... 3 .... Completely outplayed by his marker and not really involved. Didn't defend as much as usual either and boy did our right back area need another Hibs shirt helping

Barker .... 4 ..... One good run and did have a small amount of life in his performance but very poor

Murray .... 3 ..... Dreadful but the service he got was appalling. Outplayed by his opponent time and time again and looks like his head is down a bit after some poor performances and probably never knowing whether he will get a game or not

SUBS:

Shaw ..... 4 ..... Looks like he knows ho to make a run in behind a defense, worked hard enough but not too involved

Whittaker .... 3 .... If he is injured then he should not be playing. If he isn't we have pissed three years of money away that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Stokes .... 4 ..... Hit the shot that led to the goal. The shot looked to be going miles wide but at least he actually had a shot. Some nice touches but he lost the ball a few times and didn't look that bothered about getting it back.

Lennon - 3 Set up the team and was out-thought by McInnes. Changed the wide men far too late and never nullified GMS with any tactical switch as he ran riot time and time again. Yet again in a big game the starting formation and line up are changed and personnel swapped but this time we never got any better. Surely once in a while the starting line up will work out against the opponents tactics. To be fair the players just didn't play for the jersey. He could have put out any formation and they would have been pumped with that attitude. On the other hand he is meant to be able to motivate them, I'm not his biggest fan but I can't think of any other game since he took over where team attitude and commitment wasn't decent. It was appalling today and he has to take some of the blame for that with his stupid comments about being the 2nd best team to watch. IMO still has no idea what his best team and formation.

Aberdeen were better in every position on the park today. Shinnie was head and shoulders above our much heralded midfield and GMS looked like he was going past training dummies not Internationally Capped players. We got very lucky they took the foot off the gas and the game felt a bit like a horrible day at Hampden 5 years ago.

brianmc
16-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Hard to disagree with much from the OP... Though I'd maybe say the marks were a bit high - yes I'm still that scunnered(and I only watched it on the tele!).

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Everyone a 3 for me.

HibernianJK
16-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Personally thought Barker was our best player. Didn’t walkways work for him but had a go time and time again.

Im a big Simon Murray fan but he wasn’t great today but how isolated did he look up there? Every time the ball went near him it was 3 bodies around him before he’d got it under control. Needs help.

Cod Boy
16-12-2017, 07:13 PM
What I couldn't understand today was Lennon took off Murray on Wednesday night and put Hanlon up front in his place. And today starts Murray as lone striker.

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2017, 07:16 PM
The team failed collectively and I feel hard pushed to give any one player a higher mark than another,
It was an abject, insipid performance deserving of a collective 1 out of 10.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Everyone had an off day today. Keeping a perspective though, that's only the second time that we have been outplayed this season , IMO , with Hamilton being the other game. We were expected to be at the top end of the squad performance three times in a week. That was too much of a reach for us just now.

lucky
16-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Poor performance around but in the ***** stakes Bartley, McGregor and Rocky were especially poor