PDA

View Full Version : Sell McGinn..

drkhibs
16-12-2017, 01:29 PM
And buy Shinnie and McLean from Aberdeen and get two very good players for one very good player...

hibee
16-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Why would they sell to Hibs and why would the players want to come to us?

Heisenberg
16-12-2017, 01:31 PM
And buy Shinnie and McLean from Aberdeen and get two very good players for one very good player...

Yeah, that’s not going to happen.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
😂😂

guthrie01
:hilarious

Op has a point though, we should go after Griffiths too and get 3 for 1 !

murray26
16-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Surely we should sign the Aberdeen keeper aswell.. no point holding back 😂

drkhibs
16-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Why would they sell to Hibs and why would the players want to come to us?

Offer them a higher wage to come to us and of course....

We're from the capital..they're from a sh#tehole

:flag::flag:

Thegreenside
16-12-2017, 01:41 PM
😂😂😂😂

Souter96Mac
16-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Why stop there, if we buy every good player in the league we would probably be alright.

Eaststandee
16-12-2017, 01:42 PM
:doh:

madhatter
16-12-2017, 01:49 PM
I’d sell McGinn to improve the team tbh. Today showed that we have weaknesses and unless whole team is on it we are awful. We have terrible balance in midfield. Really bad balance. Upfront we are woeful. Defensively recently we’ve been a disgrace.

If we get £2.5m + for McGinn and we invest it wisely we can get a strong team on the pitch. I actually think we’ll struggle to finish top six as it is.

neil7908
16-12-2017, 01:56 PM
When McGinn goes I'd like to see us sign a genuinely attacking midfielder who plays much higher up the pitch.

That guy Berry was on the radar over summer and sounds like exactly what we need.

As things stand our 4 CMs (McGinn, McGeough, Bartley and Slivka) all seem to play quite far back.

I'll be gutted when John goes but if we use he funds to get a couple of real quality players in the right positions we could come out as a better side.

That's easier said than done though!

The Leith Dutch
16-12-2017, 02:02 PM
I’d sell McGinn to improve the team tbh. Today showed that we have weaknesses and unless whole team is on it we are awful. We have terrible balance in midfield. Really bad balance. Upfront we are woeful. Defensively recently we’ve been a disgrace.

If we get £2.5m + for McGinn and we invest it wisely we can get a strong team on the pitch. I actually think we’ll struggle to finish top six as it is.

I agree on the point about balance - I think we've got good players but they don't necessarily fit into a good and balanced team.
I feel defensively we look better with 3 Centre Backs but that causes problems if you want to play two wingers.

Despite today's performance I don't think any of the evidence points to us having any difficulty making the top six though.
Celtic are a level above everyone else and Aberdeen and The Rangers (and it pains me to say that) look to be overall stronger than everyone else despite us matching the latter in head-to-head.

I then think we're clearly 4th.
St Johnstone have dropped off, Motherwell have sold Moult and the yams are a basket case.

Unless today's result is the catalyst for a slump of form then I don't see us finishing outside the top six.

hibee92
16-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha wow

AgentDaleCooper
16-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Would be better business to sell laidlaw and bring in messi IMO but everyone's allowed their point of view :dunno:

AgentDaleCooper
16-12-2017, 03:22 PM

In all seriousness, i'd agree with this.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Would be better business to sell laidlaw and bring in messi IMO but everyone's allowed their point of view :dunno:Does Messi come out for crosses? If so it might be worth considering this.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IlDiavola
16-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't get 1M based on todays performance let alone 5M.

OK, he had an off day but it's hardly his first is it?

coldingham hibs
16-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Not sure why anyone would consider selling McGinn, we need to hold on to quality players not flog them off and take a gamble on others. Look what happened the last time we sold our best players Brown, Thomson etc.

Maybe if 8,000 supporters signed up to HSL then we could keep the McGinns of this world and add even more quality.

Unfortunately success has to be paid for.

The Modfather
16-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Not sure why anyone would consider selling McGinn, we need to hold on to quality players not flog them off and take a gamble on others. Look what happened the last time we sold our best players Brown, Thomson etc.

Maybe if 8,000 supporters signed up to HSL then we could keep the McGinns of this world and add even more quality.

Unfortunately success has to be paid for.

The support has paid SPL prices for all of the Championship seasons and are turning up in record numbers. We are more than doing our part in putting our hand in our pockets. It’s over to Hibs to show us they can use that money wisely and address the deficiencies in the squad.

marinello59
16-12-2017, 06:58 PM
The support has paid SPL prices for all of the Championship seasons and are turning up in record numbers. We are more than doing our part in putting our hand in our pockets. It’s over to Hibs to show us they can use that money wisely and address the deficiencies in the squad.

Exactly.

AgentDaleCooper
16-12-2017, 07:00 PM
In 2000 we sold kenny miller and, building on what we had, ended up with a great team. When we sold the golden generation, those funds went to debt servicing and infrastructure. This time, i would imagibe, it will go on the team.