PDA

View Full Version : Calm doon

PONGO
16-12-2017, 02:21 PM
There are some right ****ing bell ends on here . Hiding behind there phones and pc's typing absolute ***** . Remember we have just been promoted from the championship. One really bad result ..... Does my head in reading some of this nonsense that people write

S4uzee
16-12-2017, 02:24 PM
You can only keep saying we’ve just been promoted for so long ......

Beefster
16-12-2017, 02:25 PM

True. But we can say it until next season.

Heisenberg
16-12-2017, 02:28 PM

It’s true for this season though, as we have just been promoted. Aberdeen have been and still are the second best team in the country. We were brutal today and they punished us. We are a top six side at most this season.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 02:30 PM
There are some right ****ing bell ends on here . Hiding behind there phones and pc's typing absolute ***** . Remember we have just been promoted from the championship. One really bad result ..... Does my head in reading some of this nonsense that people write

My phone isn’t big enough to hide behind wish it was though!

Col2
16-12-2017, 02:35 PM
We were very poor today but the drama queens need a word with themselves.

We wiped the floor with Rangers in midweek and should have won 4 or 5-2.

We do need some additions in next couple of weeks. But we have 2 games at home and a derby before a much needed break.

All to play for.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 02:37 PM

We do need some additions in next couple of weeks. But we have 2 games at home and a derby before a much needed break.

All to play for.

I still have no idea how The Rangers won that game.

S4uzee
16-12-2017, 02:38 PM
I still have no idea how The Rangers won that game.

They did though. How many points did we get for “battering Rangers”?

HoboHarry
16-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Well said Pongo. It's been said many times before but there is without doubt a number of posters on here who seem to be almost waiting for us to get beaten so they can spew their nonsense.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 02:39 PM

That was down to poor finishing and bad defending in a stupid 5 min spell. But Hibs did play very well I’m not going to be hard on them for being unlucky.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2017, 02:40 PM
We have 1 win in 6 games. Regardless of opponents or what we 'should' have done that's a poor return. It includes 2 defeats at home and a doing of an Aberdeen team (who had also played midweek btw) that we are supposed to be challenging.

I've consistently said we aren't near the level some suggest and that goes back to before the season even started. The OTT stuff about how we 'have the beating of Celtic' and are definitely 'going to pump Rangers' are a huge part of the fuel to the fire of the negative reactions when things go wrong.

We are a decent side on our day but that's it really. We don't keep clean sheets and we don't take chances to kill teams off. Aberdeen consistently grind out points against teams below them which is why they are 9 points above us now and will probably end the season somewhere between that and 15 points ahead of us.

Baader
16-12-2017, 02:41 PM
A bad day. We need to cut out the mistakes and be a bit more clinical which is my main concern.

Jim44
16-12-2017, 02:44 PM
There’s a load of wind and pi$$ coming from diehards and dieeasies alike but that’s just a natural reaction to taking a thumping. At the end of the day it’s the effect it has on the players and how they react in the next match.

Michael
16-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Folk getting so emotional. We're not going to win every week.

kevo1875
16-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm disappointed because I really believed we had moved on from performances like this.. Hopefully the boys will get back on track against Ross County

Deejk107
16-12-2017, 02:48 PM

Mate what are you talking about "hiding behind phones" lol shouldn't be so aggressive to your fellow Hibs fans. People are allowed to have an opinion and I think the people on here constantly saying "calm doon" as you have are the ones who talk a load of nonsense, I don't think that this result ends the season but I also think that we could be 2nd in the league right now if it weren't for the fact we've made key mistakes constantly throughout the first half of the season, we've given ourselves a mountain to climb in key games time and time again and we've dominated pretty much every team in this league at some point in the season and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

We haven't been good enough, simple as that. People keep saying "we just got promoted" constantly like it actually makes a difference, we're Hibernian FC ffs. That name means something in Scottish football, we're better than the majority of the teams in the country and we're a much bigger club than the majority of the other teams in the country, fed up of seeing people using us being promoted last season as an excuse for not winning games we definitely should have won and I'm fed up of people starting arguments with each other over something so trivial. This is my first post on this site after being a member for quite a long time and I don't think Hibs fans should be arguing with each other over something so daft.

Hulk1875
16-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Mate what are you talking about "hiding behind phones" lol shouldn't be so aggressive to your fellow Hibs fans. People are allowed to have an opinion and I think the people on here constantly saying "calm doon" as you have are the ones who talk a load of nonsense, I don't think that this result ends the season but I also think that we could be 2nd in the league right now if it weren't for the fact we've made key mistakes constantly throughout the first half of the season, we've given ourselves a mountain to climb in key games time and time again and we've dominated pretty much every team in this league at some point in the season and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

We haven't been good enough, simple as that. People keep saying "we just got promoted" constantly like it actually makes a difference, we're Hibernian FC ffs. That name means something in Scottish football, we're better than the majority of the teams in the country and we're a much bigger club than the majority of the other teams in the country, fed up of seeing people using us being promoted last season as an excuse for not winning games we definitely should have won and I'm fed up of people starting arguments with each other over something so trivial. This is my first post on this site after being a member for quite a long time and I don't think Hibs fans should be arguing with each other over something so daft.

Well said mate people put up opinions and posts for any fellow player to jump down there throat or get abusive is not on

Smartie
16-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Every now and again even the best teams put in an uncharacteristically poor performance.

We were awful today. We haven't been awful for a very long time.

I don't think we're far off being a very good side, but at the moment I don't think we are quite yet a very good side.

Players who were poor today will play well and win us important points over the next few weeks and over the course of this season.

This is where Lennon earns his corn. We can turn this into a full-blown crisis or we can dust ourselves down and win next week.

Aberdeen looked to be in crisis when they lost a couple of games to Rangers and looked to be losing their manager. Since then they've won three games.

Today was terrible but we need to put it behind us quickly. We've played some nice stuff in our previous couple of games for little reward.

As the thread title says - a lot of people need to calm doon.

Johnny_Leith
16-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Try and not be so emotive before posting. It was a very poor first half and the second half was a non event as a game. We need to be better and everyone at the club will know that, fans are passionate and will be disappointed at the result.

Although that doesn't excuse some of the fantasists bringing up players from bygone eras, how the team should have been set up and all the other hilarious, mad, knee jerk posts that come up after a defeat.

Looking for a big reaction for our next game.

neil7908
16-12-2017, 02:52 PM
We're sitting exactly where we should be if you look at budgets.

Anything above 4th would be great, anything below and I'd be disappointed.

calumhibee1
16-12-2017, 02:53 PM

We’re not just any other team coming up from the Championship. That excuse is an absolute load of pish and totally irrelevant. We’ve won 1 in our last 6. Dress it up whatever way you want, tell yourself we’re just promoted and it’s fine. It’s not.

weecounty hibby
16-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Bad day at the office today. Where are we as a team? Probably where the league shows us to be. Our expectations have been raised due to the way we have played but we do lack a cutting edge and our defence looks dodgy at times. To be honest we are a Louis Moult away from being at the very least as good as Aberdeen. I'm sure that in January, and the summer, Neil will strengthen the team and we will improve again. No need for panic and we just need to keep the heid and keep on supporting the team

CMurdoch
16-12-2017, 03:03 PM
We're sitting exactly where we should be if you look at budgets.

Anything above 4th would be great, anything below and I'd be disappointed.

Correcto.
We have the 4th best squad.
The top 5 teams are all in the correct positions based on the combination of wealth and squad strength.

We lack a predative striker and lethal free kick taker.
A team like Hibs never has all the pieces.

Vini1875
16-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Wake up call again, as was the game we lost to Hamilton at home. We have some very good attributes as a team and some real weaknesses as a team. When we are poor and aberdeen are good we are very likely to get thumped. They are a good side and we have to be able to match them in effort which we did not do today.

All today really tells us, is that if we have aspiration of qualifying for Europe we have to strengthen the squad.

Lago
16-12-2017, 03:16 PM

All to play for.

Your right, how the same players can go from drawing aginst Cetic unlucky against Rangers, where we played them off the park to that display baffles me, getting beat is one thing but that looked as if they gave up. Strange.

cleanyman
16-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Aberdeen are a cut above Hibs at the moment. It's going to take time and some new recruits to even get close

The Spaceman
16-12-2017, 03:20 PM
The most brutal round of fixtures a team could get - Celtic, The Rangers and Aberdeen in mid-December within 7 days. We drew against Celtic and wiped the floor with Rangers. Today was a shocking result and performance, but no need for us to wet the bed just yet. Tough round of fixtures and will only get easier now. Dust ourselves down and move on.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 03:24 PM
By the way credit to the Dons some of their play today was fantastic and that’s why they are clearly the second best side in the country.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Hiding behind their computers? That is how a message board works mate. I'll happily give my thoughts in public if they are asked for, positive or negative, it isn't a big deal either way.

WeveGotMcginn
16-12-2017, 03:33 PM
By the way credit to the Dons some of their play today was fantastic and that’s why they are clearly the second best side in the country.

Aye Mackay Steven was on form the day unfortunately for us, would have wiped the floor with the rangers if they played like that the other week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
16-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Aberdeen are a cut above Hibs at the moment. It's going to take time and some new recruits to even get close

They were today, yet lost to Sevco by the same 3 goal margin 2 weeks ago.
We were awful today, but there are people writing off even a top 4 finish, ridiculous.

allmodcons
16-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Totally agree. Cringing reading some of the crap that's posted after a bad performance. We were very poor today but will bounce back. Team is a work in progress and defo heading in the right direction under Lennon. As always, expectations are way too high.

jacomo
16-12-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm disappointed because I really believed we had moved on from performances like this.. Hopefully the boys will get back on track against Ross County

You might need to start following Man City, or maybe a different sport.

Almost every football team has days when they are just not at the races.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Aye Mackay Steven was on form the day unfortunately for us, would have wiped the floor with the rangers if they played like that the other week

He really was, he’s been fairly poor as well but he can finish and that’s what we lacked during the week as you say.

penihibs
16-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Totally agree. Cringing reading some of the crap that's posted after a bad performance. We were very poor today but will bounce back. Team is a work in progress and defo heading in the right direction under Lennon. As always, expectations are way too high.

Totally agree with you this is Hibs we all supposedly support bad day at the office.
Been there loads of times following us.
Still in Aberdeen the now really crap conditions up here but load's still made the journey.
It's not the end of the world your bang on some really need to get a grip.

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2017, 03:51 PM
If anybody had seen the performance in the second half against Celtic and the way we battered the Huns on Wednesday they would have found it difficult to believe they were watching the same team, there isn't a single player who can take any credit from that game, we were utterly abject all over the park unfortunately against an Aberdeen team who probably played as well as they have all season.

Watching that its hard to see who we need to sign because as Lennon said he could have hooked everybody at half time .... I wouldn't call this a glitch, because as we showed against Hamilton we have it in us to fall apart during a game, but we also have it in us to play very well and win games. Between now and the break we have two home games against teams below us and a derby away to Hearts, its up to the players now to show in these games that are capable of recovering from such a poor effort, anything less than 7 points out of the 9 available will be a bad sign IMO.

Steve20
16-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Call it one result but 1 win in 6.

jacomo
16-12-2017, 04:05 PM

I think the consensus expectation at the start of the season was top 4 and at least one decent cup run.

We're in 4th place and got beat by Celtc in semi-final of league cup.

Doubt I'll be wetting the bed tonight.

greenlex
16-12-2017, 04:07 PM
It’s how we react to this that matters most. I think we are about three or four players away from top 4.

wookie70
16-12-2017, 04:11 PM
We are on a poor run of results and the effort today was unacceptable. Long way to go and if we finish where we are then it will have been a good season. Nearly Christmas and I still don't think Lennon knows his best team.

Onion
16-12-2017, 04:13 PM
What we really need is for Lennon to stop talking the team up and raising everyone's expectations beyond reasonable levels. We are not the 2nd best team in Scotland and will not be competing for 2nd come the end of the season. Aberdeen and Sevco are streets ahead of us, streetwise and have both had to deal with manager moves/speculation.

Our level is probably top 6 but only just. Finishing 4th, above Hearts would be success this season and hopefully we can use some of the money we get for McGinn to strengthen our weakest positions.

Jim44
16-12-2017, 04:13 PM
I think the consensus expectation at the start of the season was top 4 and at least one decent cup run.

We're in 4th place and got beat by Celtc in semi-final of league cup.

Doubt I'll be wetting the bed tonight.

We’ve got a 6 point cushion over the Jambos just now. I hope Celtic are aware of Aberdeen edging closer to them after today’s match. They won’t want to slip up against inferior opposition tomorrow.

InchHibby
16-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Had a great final 20 minutes against Celtic last Sunday and could have won it all be it for a goal line clearance, totally hammered the Huns, cheated out of a stonewall penalty, today we weren’t at the races and I’m not even going to say three games in six days was too much for us, we were beaten away from home first time in 9 months, it’s done let’s move on, after all we are still fourth, home next week, tyncastle after that then home again.
GG2TH :flag:

Nakedmanoncrack
16-12-2017, 04:25 PM
It’s how we react to this that matters most. I think we are about three or four players away from top 4.

So assuming Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers above us who is the team you have already written off our chances of finishing above (unless we sign 3 or 4 players)?

Lago
16-12-2017, 04:28 PM
He really was, he’s been fairly poor as well but he can finish and that’s what we lacked during the week as you say.

I wish Boyle would finish the way GMS did today.

WeveGotMcginn
16-12-2017, 04:29 PM
3-1 st j against rangers Just shows anyone can have a bad day at the office, 4th is a good achievement for our first season back

greenlex
16-12-2017, 04:30 PM
So assuming Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers above us who is the team you have already written off our chances of finishing above (unless we sign 3 or 4 players)?

Hearts. St Johnstone. Or any other team that goes on a run. I’m not saying it’s inevitable but thats the form we’re in.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Hearts. St Johnstone. Or any other team that goes on a run. I’m not saying it’s inevitable but thats the form we’re in.

Or us if we go on a run, you won't find a single Hearts or St Johnstone fan who thinks they are guaranteed top 4.

Lago
16-12-2017, 04:33 PM
What we really need is for Lennon to stop talking the team up and raising everyone's expectations beyond reasonable levels. We are not the 2nd best team in Scotland and will not be competing for 2nd come the end of the season. Aberdeen and Sevco are streets ahead of us, streetwise and have both had to deal with manager moves/speculation.

Our level is probably top 6 but only just. Finishing 4th, above Hearts would be success this season and hopefully we can use some of the money we get for McGinn to strengthen our weakest positions.

Not sure I accept Rangers are that far ahead of us based on what St. Johns are doing today.

greenlex
16-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Or us if we go on a run, you won't find a single Hearts or St Johnstone fan who thinks they are guaranteed top 4.

I’m sure but there won’t be many of us saying that either. Anything is possible. I’m justpissed off after that today and finding ourselves where we are after the possibility of going second on Wednesday.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-12-2017, 04:47 PM
It was always going to be a very difficult three games. What I am conscious of is that potters mob have been picking up points and are six points behind now from what was a decent gap. Ok, the odds of them beating celtic are pretty slim but it's going to happen at some point.

If we can recover and take nine from county, hearts and killie I'll be exceptionally happy.

16-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Nobody expects us to be winning every week. Aberdeen were rightly favourites to win today. I think it's the performance folk are most pissed off about, it was totally gutless.

Tyler Durden
16-12-2017, 05:03 PM
We have 1 win in 6 games. Regardless of opponents or what we 'should' have done that's a poor return. It includes 2 defeats at home and a doing of an Aberdeen team (who had also played midweek btw) that we are supposed to be challenging.

I've consistently said we aren't near the level some suggest and that goes back to before the season even started. The OTT stuff about how we 'have the beating of Celtic' and are definitely 'going to pump Rangers' are a huge part of the fuel to the fire of the negative reactions when things go wrong.

We are a decent side on our day but that's it really. We don't keep clean sheets and we don't take chances to kill teams off. Aberdeen consistently grind out points against teams below them which is why they are 9 points above us now and will probably end the season somewhere between that and 15 points ahead of us.

To be fair, Hibs have ground out some good wins on the road this season too.

Aberdeen are above us mainly cos they've beat us twice, other results against rest of the league are quite evenly matched. Still, you're probably right with your prediction.

I still wouldn't see us finishing worse than 4th. People talking about scraping top 6, have they not seen Motherwell, Hearts or St Johnstone? None of them have squads anywhere near us.

IlDiavola
16-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Difficult to calm down after a performance like that.

If we go to Tiny and put on a show like today we will lose.

That would be almost unacceptable in my eyes.

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2017, 05:55 PM
This week has seen us draw with the runaway champions and unquestionable best team in Scotland, totally dominate and batter one of our main challengers, Sevco, yet contrive to lose through a lapse in concentration for 5 minutes, and deservedly lose to The Dons due to a collective inept performance - a rare occurence and one of those games/days faced by every single team at least once a season.
We are still definite top 4 material and with a few tweaks and additions potential top 2.
Aberdeen were lucky earlier in the season against us at ER - our failings more than their quality dictated the outcome of that encounter, so they are definitely not streets ahead of us, but they have that fraction of consistency more than us. They sneak 1-0 wins by keeping clean sheets! Our back 4 do not have this collective resilience often enough. The margins between us, Sevco and The Dons are marginal.
Neil lennon knows this and has rightly praised our efforts for the majority of this first season back in the SPL. Pundits and the media in general have also recognised a quality and decent side in Hibs and, again, praised us accordingly.
One abysmal performance against The Sheep does not a season make.
Perspective is required as we approach the half way stage of the season.
We have lots of great football and games ahead to look forward to., not least the derbies against a mean-defensive but currently effective Hearts side.

Deansy
16-12-2017, 05:59 PM

Agreed - far too often this season we've been beaten whilst playing the better football - NL's still got lots of work to do get the mentality right !

IlDiavola
16-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Agreed - far too often this season we've been beaten whilst playing the better football - NL's still got lots of work to do get the mentality right !

Yes, and not just this season.

It's great football to watch at times but there has to be an element of clinicality at times too. If NL get's that balance right then things will be fine.

Michael
16-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Nobody expects us to be winning every week. Aberdeen were rightly favourites to win today. I think it's the performance folk are most pissed off about, it was totally gutless.

Which is maybe the first time it's happened this season? In every other game we've lost we played relatively fine. Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen is a very tough run by most standards. Maybe this was just one game too many.

ekhibee
16-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Bad day at the office today. Where are we as a team? Probably where the league shows us to be. Our expectations have been raised due to the way we have played but we do lack a cutting edge and our defence looks dodgy at times. To be honest we are a Louis Moult away from being at the very least as good as Aberdeen. I'm sure that in January, and the summer, Neil will strengthen the team and we will improve again. No need for panic and we just need to keep the heid and keep on supporting the team
Good post, just what I think too.

greenlex
16-12-2017, 06:07 PM

We’ve not been beaten too often land when we have we haven’t played the better footbal Wednesday apart. There’s been a good few draws thatshould have been wins when we’ve been good but few defeats in that. bracket.

greenlex
16-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Which is maybe the first time it's happened this season? In every other game we've lost we played relatively fine. Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen is a very tough run by most standards. Maybe this was just one game too many.

Disagree. We’ve not been great when we’ve lost.

coldingham hibs
16-12-2017, 06:13 PM
2 extremely disappointing results but I for one will be happy to stay in the league this season, top six would be even better. If we can amass another 30 points in the second half of the season I will be delighted. Key is beating the lower clubs not Celtic & Aberdeen, they are next seasons target.

R'Albin
16-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Superb post which sums up how I feel a lot more eloquently than I could put it.

McInnes gets a lot of stick for bottling big games but he's found the formula for beating bottom six sides. They're a side who can play poorly and grind out a result whereas we are entirely the opposite.

EVENTUALLY
16-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Fine Lines.
Celtic-Shaw's shot not cleared by Lustig and we pick up 3 points.
Rangers-Boyle squares to Murray for a very easy chance to put us 2 up/ Barker's two shots go in off the posts and we convert a blatant penalty and we pick up three points.
Aberdeen-Mackay-Stevens two goals didnae go in off the posts (Barkers didnae on Wednesday) Efe mistake avoided, Lewis beaten at full stretch from McGinn, Murray penalty appeal awarded and we MAY have squeaked a draw.

1 point from 9 is disappointing nonetheless.

Greencore
16-12-2017, 06:42 PM

why shouldn't we be aiming to win every week?

hibby6270
16-12-2017, 07:03 PM

You’re right. We should be aiming to win every week. All teams should.

BUT

We are Hibs. 55 years of supporting the club tells me that no matter how optimistic we might be, we won’t win every week. Sadly, it’s a fact of life. We need to be realistic. We do have a level that is very difficult to surpass.

Finishing top six in our first season back will be good. Finishing 3rd or 4th will be great. Beyond that is a pipe dream. We’ve obviously never won the top league in my days on the planet. We’ve only been 2nd twice in that period (2 seasons running during the Turnbull era).

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love us to surprise not only ourselves but the rest of Scottish football by replicating our Scottish Cup success after many, many years by winning the Premiership after many, many years (66years now). It is possible but history just tells us that it’s unlikely to happen.

Firestarter
16-12-2017, 07:36 PM

One in six seems good enough for some.

The worrying thing is today the player didn't play collectively.

Spike Mandela
16-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Had a feeling we would fall flat today. The team gave so much in the last two games that I feared we might just burn out with the schedule of games over 6 days.

No excuse for basic errors but I think we owe it tothis team to forgive them this blip and hopefully it will be onward and upward next week.

Tornadoes70
16-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Had a feeling we would fall flat today. The team gave so much in the last two games that I feared we might just burn out with the schedule of games over 6 days.

No excuse for basic errors but I think we owe it tothis team to forgive them this blip and hopefully it will be onward and upward next week.

Very true.

It's sometimes all too easy to get on the team's back after such a lacklustre performance. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and look for a much improved display next week.

GGTTH

matty_f
16-12-2017, 07:55 PM
My phone isn’t big enough to hide behind wish it was though!

Struggling with this post, to be honest.

Do you wish you were smaller than a phone, or had a phone bigger than a human?

Mainstandman
16-12-2017, 08:11 PM

Whichever it is I want to see that in real life

bookert
16-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Very true.

It's sometimes all too easy to get on the team's back after such a lacklustre performance. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and look for a much improved display next week.
For goodness sake
GGTTHCrivvens it's a fans forum. Apparently it OK for the coach to say Cowdenbeath would have beaten us, but not fans to say we were howling.

Firestarter
16-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Crivvens it's a fans forum. Apparently it OK for the coach to say Cowdenbeath would have beaten us, but not fans to say we were howling.

Great point.

Tornadoes70
16-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Crivvens it's a fans forum. Apparently it OK for the coach to say Cowdenbeath would have beaten us, but not fans to say we were howling.

If you want to say we were howling go ahead mate.

We were absolutely gash today and I doubt there's anyone would state differently but I'm just giving the team the benefit of the doubt after the energy sapping levels used up after the two games against sellick and sevco and I'm looking forward to next week now. We've got a good chance to put this shocker behind us against Ross County next game.

GGTTH

emerald green
16-12-2017, 10:29 PM

It's not just one bad result though, it's more the manner in which our team basically capitulated today. It's completely unacceptable, which is what Lennon said. I'm not buying the flimsy "tired" excuse either. Aberdeen had a difficult away fixture on Wednesday too.

Presumably you think Lennon is a bell end too? Have you heard what he said after the game?

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 11:12 PM

I want a Dom Jolly phone 📞

cabbageandribs1875
16-12-2017, 11:25 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtpaVM2EyF58duo/giphy.gif

Forza Fred
17-12-2017, 12:00 AM
I think we just have to accept that what could go wrong DID go wrong, and that as a team, although we have done very well since coming back up, there is definitely room for improvement.

In the championship we got ourselves in the right frame of mind for games against Premier Division clubs, but never had to effectively face the top three in short succession.

Mental toughness just doesn't come about because we 'want' it to...it has to be partly forged by experience

We took a sore one today that is for sure, but sometimes you have to take a lickin to toughen up.

Hopefully that is the positive we can take form today's hammering...and it was indeed that.

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2017, 05:05 AM
Overall it's been a good season thus far, but yesterday was terrible; there's no denying that. The first half in particular was as bad as I've seen us in a long time.

Nicho87
17-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Easily our most inept performance under Lennon. Not one player looked like they believed they could or would win. 1 win in 6 all of a sudden. Definitely believe it's not alarm bells I do believe its just giving Lennon more ammunition to go to board and say give me some players. Top 4 is manageable but second absolutely no chance. Squad to thin.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Not surprising that we are having trouble finding common ground this morning. Even before a ball was kicked this season there was a huge array of opinions and expectations of what we were going to achieve and why. Those who genuinely thought that second place was the target will be boiling. Top four will be reasonably happy but frustrated with how much better it could be based on ifs and ands. Top six well happy and best of the rest in dreamland.