PDA

View Full Version : Sink or Swim

Hulk1875
16-12-2017, 02:00 PM
A horrible defeat we are going to see here after this and rangers game are we going to self destruct leading up to hearts games or will it give the players and management kick up the backside. Hopefully the later and get our act togother

wilkie_1
16-12-2017, 02:08 PM
A horrible defeat we are going to see here after this and rangers game are we going to self destruct leading up to hearts games or will it give the players and management kick up the backside. Hopefully the later and get our act togother

looks like same old same old hibs. Good start to the season then hit Xmas and its a struggle for the rest of the season :rolleyes: .

horseflesh
16-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Only 1 bad game mate, settle doon a bit

rcarter1
16-12-2017, 02:21 PM
looks like same old same old hibs. Good start to the season then hit Xmas and its a struggle for the rest of the season :rolleyes: .

Well we wont go into the next game complacent.

tamig
16-12-2017, 02:22 PM

Keep the faith.

Souter96Mac
16-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Wake up call today. Done well against Celtic to get the point, probably shouldve won it in the end, played very well midweek and shouldve had another 3 points Imo. Very poor today though.

Beefster
16-12-2017, 02:24 PM

One bad game and you’ve written off the remainder of the season?

Col2
16-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Our worst display of the season. Well beaten. Other than home game versus Hamilton we have played well in just about every game this season.

We have a couple of home games and a derby against the mutants so should be looking at racking up maximum points before break. Then add a couple of additions, have a rest and we will be more than fine.

The_Horde
16-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Sink.

Hulk1875
16-12-2017, 02:34 PM

Haha not posted much on here but love when it someone jumps down people's throats if you look at all the other sensible replys, all I'm getting at is that a big defeat and performance like that will hopefully be the catalyst of the team getting some better results. Yeah we're probably in a position that's better than what we should be aiming for after 3 seasons away but cause we have been good we're all expecting us to win big games. I just hope we don't go on to a losing streak with hearts coming up

Roxyhibee
16-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Striker. Striker. Striker. We need at least one or this will happen more and more this season.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2017, 02:43 PM

1 win in 6 and 2 home defeats in that run isn't one bad game.

Hulk1875
16-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Start of the season I said I'd be happy with top 6 but honestly we've got a team capable of so much more only half way through the season. Well smash it after winter break 😁

Hulk1875
16-12-2017, 02:47 PM

👍🏻

horseflesh
16-12-2017, 02:50 PM

It's 2 bad games at most in the last 6 and even at that I didn't think we were that bad against St Johnstone

Pretty Boy
16-12-2017, 02:54 PM
It's 2 bad games at most in the last 6 and even at that I didn't think we were that bad against St Johnstone

It’s a results business. You don’t get any points for not bad performances or nearly beating Rangers.

horseflesh
16-12-2017, 03:17 PM
It’s a results business. You don’t get any points for not bad performances or nearly beating Rangers.

Agreed, really enjoying watching the football this season though. It's a results and entertainment business

cleanyman
16-12-2017, 03:18 PM
December was always going to be tough and that's when I said we could judge the team

We will finish no higher than 4th and that's where I expect us to be at this moment in time

Aberdeen are clearly a cut above

C Feeney-Seale
18-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Start of the season I said I'd be happy with top 6 but honestly we've got a team capable of so much more only half way through the season. Well smash it after winter break 😁

Totally agree - I’m still feeling optimistic for the rest of the season!

hhibs
18-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Sink.

Sunk,and this time even before Christmas,

I am off to see my therapist,again!

Forza Fred
18-12-2017, 10:41 PM
This thread has things moving in it.......

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2017, 11:27 PM

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2017, 11:31 PM

When the going gets tough the likes of Stubbs and Lennon get to work.
Cant imagine Lennon but Stubbs kept his head and streadied the ship when others were shall we say anxious. “If” personified he was.

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 02:22 AM
December was always going to be tough and that's when I said we could judge the team

We will finish no higher than 4th and that's where I expect us to be at this moment in time

Aberdeen are clearly a cut above

by the same logic, are Hearts a cut above Celtic?
are St. Johnstone a cut above Sevco?

SRHibs
19-12-2017, 02:38 AM

I think you’re inferring a logical deduction which doesn’t exist. Aberdeen are 6 points ahead of us and have done us twice. They are better.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2017, 02:38 AM

No, Aberdeen are actually better than us, beat us home and away and 6 points ahead.

-Jonesy-
19-12-2017, 02:47 AM
I think you’re inferring a logical deduction which doesn’t exist. Aberdeen are 6 points ahead of us and have done us twice. They are better.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/013/034/yeahsciencebitch.jpg

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 06:02 PM
No, Aberdeen are actually better than us, beat us home and away and 6 points ahead.

Aberdeen got lucky at Easter Road. That game could have gone either way, and got even luckier still at Pittodrie when our entire team did not turn up. They really could not have asked for an easier game.
Reverse those two results and we would be sitting level with them. This is how fine the margins are between success and failure and separating our two teams.
Man for man I really do believe that Hibs at least match the Dons.
Yes, yes, I know "but we didn't beat them" but the point of fine margins still stands.

Salisbury Hibby
19-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Aberdeen got lucky at Easter Road. That game could have gone either way, and got even luckier still at Pittodrie when our entire team did not turn up. They really could not have asked for an easier game.
Reverse those two results and we would be sitting level with them. This is how fine the margins are between success and failure and separating our two teams.
Yes, yes, I know "but we didn't beat them" but the point of fine margins still stands.Reverse those two results and we'd be 6 points ahead.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

rcarter1
19-12-2017, 06:17 PM
The Hearts result shows that anything can happen, and Aberdeens/Rangers up and down results of late shows that form can come and go quickly. Hibs have built a solid platform in terms of points gained, so really looking forward to seeing the team go for it over the next few games. A run of wins now will keep us in the right end of the table for sure.

Mon the Hibs!!:nlgwa

cleanyman
19-12-2017, 06:19 PM

Ha.

Jim44
19-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Sink? Swim? .......... I’ll settle for ‘float’.:greengrin:

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Yes, yes, I know "but we didn't beat them" but the point of fine margins still stands.They won both games, scored 5 goals with our only goal coming from an own goal. They are better than us, admitting that is the first step to fixing it.

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 06:50 PM
They won both games, scored 5 goals with our only goal coming from an own goal. They are better than us, admitting that is the first step to fixing it.

So, are Hearts better than Celtic? Will the Celtic fans admit this?
Okay, I know, I'm playing devils advocate, but I remain convinced that player for player, we are the equal if not slightly better than Aberdeen.
Believing this is key to our players success and overcoming them. The game is both mental and physical. A negative/inferiority attitude is the first step towards defeat. Think of how many derby defeats we suffered because we were beaten before we stepped onto the park.
Neil Lennon is the right manager to instill this kind of spirit and positive attitude in our players. He knows that Hibs can beat Aberdeen, and not just in cup games as we have done recently. It's up to our players to take this energy onto the field when we next play them.

BoomtownHibees
19-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Okay, I know, I'm playing devils advocate, but I remain convinced that player for player, we are the equal if not slightly better than Aberdeen.
Believing this is key to our players success and overcoming them. The game is both mental and physical. A negative/inferiority attitude is the first step towards defeat. Think of how many derby defeats we suffered because we were beaten before we stepped onto the park.
Neil Lennon is the right manager to instill this kind of spirit and positive attitude in our players. He knows that Hibs can beat Aberdeen, and not just in cup games as we have done recently. It's up to our players to take this energy onto the field when we next play them.

Hearts beat Celtc for the first time in years and are currently 14 points behind them in the league.

Aberdeen have beaten us twice already this season and are 6 points ahead of us in the league.

Not a great comparison really is it?

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Hearts beat Celtc for the first time in years and are currently 14 points behind them in the league.

Aberdeen have beaten us twice already this season and are 6 points ahead of us in the league.

Not a great comparison really is it?

It's a game of opinions and different perspectives.
In my heart of hearts I really don't believe that Aberdeen are better than us - despite the Pittodrie non-show by our players.
A fully commited, mentally and physically up for it Hibs can beat The Dons.
The gap between ourselves and them can be closed between now and the end of the season. I believe this and Neil Lennon gives the impression that he believes this too and he will make every effort to instill this in our players before the next encounter.
I'd wager that we will have no repeat no-show by our boys when we next meet.

BoomtownHibees
19-12-2017, 07:10 PM
It's a game of opinions and different perspectives.
In my heart of hearts I really don't believe that Aberdeen are better than us - despite the Pittodrie non-show by our players.
A fully commited, mentally and physically up for it Hibs can beat The Dons.
The gap between ourselves and them can be closed between now and the end of the season. I believe this and Neil Lennon gives the impression that he believes this too and he will make every effort to instill this in our players before the next encounter.
I'd wager that we will have no repeat no-show by our boys when we next meet.

We didn’t have any “no-shows” in the first game either, we actually played pretty well, but they still beat us. The gap could easily close, but could just as easily get bigger, time will tell.

A fully committed Hibs team could beat anybody but it doesn’t make us a better team than them, just like Hearts not being a better team than Celtc.

They have consistently been the 2nd best team in the league for years now whilst we struggled to get out of the Championship.

I don’t think we are that far away but we are still a bit inconsistent to be able to say we are a better team than them.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Celtic are better than Hearts for the same reasons Aberdeen are better than us. Look at the damn table. They have beat us twice.

If Hibs are better than Aberdeen and can beat them, they aren't showing it. I don't see why its so difficult to admit that a team above us that have beaten us twice and been 2nd in the league for 3 years running are better than us. When was the last time Hibs were anywhere close to finishing 2nd place?

When we beat them and finish above them I'll believe you.

Hi Heid Yin
19-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Celtic are better than Hearts for the same reasons Aberdeen are better than us. Look at the damn table. They have beat us twice.

If Hibs are better than Aberdeen and can beat them, they aren't showing it. I don't see why its so difficult to admit that a team above us that have beaten us twice and been 2nd in the league for 3 years running are better than us. When was the last time Hibs were anywhere close to finishing 2nd place?

When we beat them and finish above them I'll believe you.

Fair do's.
:wink: