PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Logan

15-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Bit of a random thread but simply following on a discussion I was having last night. What an incrediable story this guy is. Every individual who was involved in 21.05.16 has their own personal story but this one really is pretty special. 16 months out of football, first game back becomes a semi final hero then goes on to be the first keeper in 114 years to lift the SC with hibs. Fairytale stuff.

Has anyone ever made so much impact with us in such little time?! With us 5 months and wrote himself into the history books in the most fantastic way possible. Immortalised as a hibs legend.

Mr White
15-12-2017, 05:03 PM
In answer to your question no probably not. As an aside though all of our last 3 cup winning goalkeepers have only played a handful of games for us before lifting a trophy.

Conrad's story really is something special.

Famous Fiver
15-12-2017, 05:33 PM
The Ballad of Conrad Logan.

Compulsive viewing!!!

Scottie
15-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Never forget the feeling I had when I saw him coming out for the Semi Final against Dundee Utd. (Bit like watching Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent.)

Never have I been so pleased to be proved wrong. The guy was immense in every way shape and form. :cup:

SouthMoroccoStu
16-12-2017, 04:04 AM
Never forget the feeling I had when I saw him coming out for the Semi Final against Dundee Utd. (Bit like watching Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent.)

Never have I been so pleased to be proved wrong. The guy was immense in every way shape and form. :cup:
Fully agreed

Colr
16-12-2017, 05:45 AM
In answer to your question no probably not. As an aside though all of our last 3 cup winning goalkeepers have only played a handful of games for us before lifting a trophy.

Conrad's story really is something special.

The other two being Budgie and ???

SouthMoroccoStu
16-12-2017, 05:55 AM

Andy McNeil

Don’t think he’d played too many games before the 2007 league cup final

Mr White
16-12-2017, 06:33 AM

Andy McNeil

Don’t think he’d played too many games before the 2007 league cup final

Skol cup final was Budgies 18th appearance, CIS cup final was McNeil's 12th and the 21st may 2016 was Conrad's 8th and of course final match for us.

All three of them won a trophy within 3 months of making their hibs debut. A quirky but meaningless and ultimately irrelevant stat :greengrin

eastcoasthibby
16-12-2017, 07:19 AM
I will never forget the sight of Conrad coming out for the warm up at the cup semi final, I remember actually laughing in a stupid way at his shape ie belly ! The laugh was really a shocked wtf !!! but wow did he produce the goods 😁

Dalianwanda
16-12-2017, 07:34 AM
The semi final match thread was something to behold. The amount of abuse he was getting on here about his weight (obviously had a point but it was ott)..written off by so many...We all know what happened from there

Pretty Boy
16-12-2017, 08:31 AM
I remember being genuinely stunned at the size of him. Injury or not he was huge. However watching the end of his warm up I started to relax about him. Alan Combe hit about 15 half volleys at full pace from about 20 yards and Conrad got down quickly and held every single one.

It's quite amazing that a guy who I, and probably Alan Stubbs, thought was being brought in to give a bit experienced cover on the bench for one game has gone on to be one of the all time great Scottish Cup stories.

wpj
16-12-2017, 08:53 AM
https://youtu.be/7by4HbKrETg

Love him

Not In The Know
16-12-2017, 09:03 AM
He cost us promotion tho.

Firestarter
16-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Not sure how you draw that conclusion but I wouldn't swap it with the cup for the world.

Jones28
16-12-2017, 09:47 AM

Clearly. And our inability to defend a throw in?

IGRIGI
16-12-2017, 10:48 AM

That's the equivalent of saying Amadou Konte was responsible for getting us to Europe under Mowbray with his goal against Motherwell.