PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster special on Sky Sports

DavieRoy
15-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I see Sky Sports have Leeann Dempster on their show tonight from 6pm on Sky Sports Football.

Baker9
15-12-2017, 12:02 PM
I see Sky Sports have Leeann Dempster on their show tonight from 6pm on Sky Sports Football.

I'm very nervous about this type of exposure to potential employers. I'd like to keep her as our little secret.

DavieRoy
15-12-2017, 01:42 PM
I'm very nervous about this type of exposure to potential employers. I'd like to keep her as our little secret.

Good point. 30 minute show, so it will be interesting to see what she says.

tartanhibee
15-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Let’s hope she talks about distribution of tickets for big games that will put potential suitors off 😜

CMurdoch
15-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Yes, we are in great danger of selling her to alternative employment.

Michael
15-12-2017, 01:56 PM
At least we now know how a football club should be run if a bigger club did go for her. I really couldn't understand why we were so rubbish before she came in.

Smartie
15-12-2017, 02:01 PM
I could see her being in big demand South of the border, and she could earn some big bucks there. I suspect that she is putting herself in the shop window here. I could understand her thinking her work is done here - promotion back to the Premier League, a strong showing upon return and the Scottish Cup in the bag is a good return in 3 and a bit years.

Martin Bain occupies a similar position at Sunderland and earns a fortune. His cv includes leading a previous club to extinction.

LD has been successful everywhere she's been and might understandably fancy a move.

Baker9
15-12-2017, 02:02 PM
At least we now know how a football club should be run if a bigger club did go for her. I really couldn't understand why we were so rubbish before she came in.

Everything good about our club just now stems from her.

The Modfather
15-12-2017, 02:03 PM

Rod Petrie

Billy Whizz
15-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Everything good about our club just now stems from her.

Apart from the abolishment of the loyalty scheme

HoboHarry
15-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Rod Petrie
Who at the very least should be given some credit for seeing that and securing her services.....

heretoday
15-12-2017, 03:07 PM

I never thought of that. I assumed she stays here because we're so wonderful or something.

Oh dear!

jacomo
15-12-2017, 03:11 PM
I could see her being in big demand South of the border, and she could earn some big bucks there. I suspect that she is putting herself in the shop window here. I could understand her thinking her work is done here - promotion back to the Premier League, a strong showing upon return and the Scottish Cup in the bag is a good return in 3 and a bit years.

Martin Bain occupies a similar position at Sunderland and earns a fortune. His cv includes leading a previous club to extinction.

LD has been successful everywhere she's been and might understandably fancy a move.

Can we tie her to a new deal with a hefty release clause?

We've not won the Premiership yet so I would'nt say her work is done.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-12-2017, 03:12 PM

Didn't realise that, looks like he's doing a good job of leading another into the abyss.

HH81
15-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Good interview and cool to learn they went to three English youth set ups and only learnt one thing.

Hibs are heading in the right direction from top to bottom.

Fife-Hibee
15-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Really enjoyed that !

15-12-2017, 05:38 PM
What a signing she has been for us, an absolute hero. What a total shambles the club was when she first walked through the door, she must have wondered where to even begin! She's re-built the club from top to bottom.

Leeann, you may not have been on the pitch (unless you sneaked on with the fans after :greengrin) on 21.05.16 but you are one of the biggest reasons we won that cup. It all started with you.

Not just the football side of things, she's helped re-build so many burn bridges with the fans and made the club far more transparent and open to listening to the fans.

The club is totally different from what it was pre-relegation and so much of that is down to her.

DarlingtonHibee
15-12-2017, 05:42 PM
I know it's early, but anyone got a link?

ManBearPig
15-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Can only find the one min section online can anyone find a link? Please

greenlex
15-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Bookshelf’s a ****ing disgrace. Really stressing me oot

Hibs90
15-12-2017, 06:11 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11171890/dempster-on-spfl-matters

Onion
15-12-2017, 06:32 PM
EVERY single thing the Scottish media do is designed to benefit their Glasgow Twins, so no good can come from heightened exposure of any of our key assets. Like others, would prefer to keep her in a box marked "secret".

Firestarter
15-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Who?

silverhibee
15-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Who?

Doctor :dunno:

Slim Shady
15-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Wonder if BillyWhizz will watch 🤔

hibby6270
15-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Not seen it yet but SPFL Matters programme is repeated at 23:30 tonight on Sky Sports Football channel. It’s also on a couple of times on Saturday morning.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the post above with the link. D’oh!!

Real Emerald
15-12-2017, 07:42 PM

Me too, it looks like Spuds flat in TS2, Petrie 😂

hhibs
15-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Who at the very least should be given some credit for seeing that and securing her services.....

Nope.

Delboy4
15-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Well said Leeann 👏

Ozyhibby
16-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Any link to full interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firestarter
16-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Doctor :dunno:

😂

Bookshelves are at weird angles though. Boyd again seems alright.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Quite enjoyed that. Neil Lennon part of the panel on the show next week looking back at some OF memories, no thanks!

ShinyFantastic
16-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Did she talk about loyalty points?

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Leeann has been fantastic but if we are honest she and the club just got very lucky when we won the cup. Everything changed on 21 May.

high bee
16-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Leeann has been fantastic but if we are honest she and the club just got very lucky when we won the cup. Everything changed on 21 May.

There was no luck involved in the cup win. We were run in a very conservative business fashion before she arrived, she chose to speculate to accumulate, appointing a hungry manager and giving him a great budget which allowed us to field the team we did that season. It’s no coincidence we won the cup so soon after changing our whole approach.

All IMO of course.

matty_f
16-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Lucky? Really?

There was nothing lucky about it, we put together a team good enough to win it - we very nearly won a double that season.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Eh? Did they get lucky building the foundations that has alloweded the club to drive on and compete at the right end of the Prem? Honestly some folk need to seriously have a word, they completely rebuilt Hibs from what was a car crash of a club. Cup win or not Leeann and co deserve so much credit they are the real heroes for me in all this, they saved our club from years of emptiness and drifting in the lower leagues.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-12-2017, 10:16 AM
It’s a good interview and Leeann is very articulate and honest and talks a lot of sense. Great to see communication like this from the club and quite different to anything I can remember before her time.

Nicho87
16-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Very interesting that she said that she wants to see hibs as a high pressing attacking team. I personally love that. Just interesting that before this structure was in place hibs would have dreamt of telling a manager a style they prefer to see. Butcher comes to mind.

Love Leeann, very passionate and it has rubbed of to the management team and us the fans.

DarlingtonHibee
16-12-2017, 10:50 AM

On what basis were we lucky?

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 11:04 AM
On what basis were we lucky?

We had not won the cup for over 100 years, we were two down to our city rivals I think perhaps we had a little luck in winning the cup if you think we didn't fair enough.

Thecat23
16-12-2017, 11:15 AM
We had not won the cup for over 100 years, we were two down to our city rivals I think perhaps we had a little luck in winning the cup if you think we didn't fair enough.

Every club needs luck winning the cup, that’s what it takes to win the thing. Can’t believe you’d throw a comment “they just got lucky” at Leeann and the work she’s done. Are you going to completely ignore the rest of the work she’s done?

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 11:15 AM
Eh? Did they get lucky building the foundations that has alloweded the club to drive on and compete at the right end of the Prem? Honestly some folk need to seriously have a word, they completely rebuilt Hibs from what was a car crash of a club. Cup win or not Leeann and co deserve so much credit they are the real heroes for me in all this, they saved our club from years of emptiness and drifting in the lower leagues.

And some people should be more tolerant of others views it is a forum after all and there will be different opinions. If we had not won the cup a great season would have ended in failure in 3 comps we could have won. I don't think the fans would have turned out in the same numbers the following season and our progress may have stalled a little.

In winning any cup competition you need a bit of luck just look at the Ross County final.

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Every club needs luck winning the cup, that’s what it takes to win the thing. Can’t believe you’d throw a comment “they just got lucky” at Leeann and the work she’s done. Are you going to completely ignore the rest of the work she’s done?

Did you read my post or did you just pick out the four words?

greenlex
16-12-2017, 11:18 AM
And some people should be more tolerant of others views it is a forum after all and there will be different opinions. If we had not won the cup a great season would have ended in failure in 3 comps we could have won. I don't think the fans would have turned out in the same numbers the following season and our progress may have stalled a little.

In winning any cup competition you need a bit of luck just look at the Ross County final.

So unlucky not to win the league cup but lucky to win the Scottish. Half empty if half full? I can’t make my mind up.

Moulin Yarns
16-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Did you read my post or did you just pick out the four words?

If you are honest everything didn't change on 21 May. It changed when Leeann walked through the door at Easter Road.

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 11:20 AM
So unlucky not to win the league cup but lucky to win the Scottish. Half empty if half full? I can’t make my mind up.

I will leave to you to ponder :greengrin but at least we agree you need luck or if you don't believe in luck a few breaks to win a cup.

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 11:24 AM
If you are honest everything didn't change on 21 May. It changed when Leanne walked through the door at Easter Road.

As said Leeanne has been fantastic and of course there was a lot of great work done before the cup win but it is the cup win that has made the huge difference and without it the club would be in a very different position.

Baker9
16-12-2017, 12:22 PM

That was nothing to do with Petrie.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2017, 12:29 PM
The only thing lucky about the cup run was that it was lucky that Leeann had came in and put in place a recruitement system that has seen us sign players with the quality needed to take advantage of the opportunities when they presented themselves.

Sammy7nil
16-12-2017, 01:16 PM
The only thing lucky about the cup run was that it was lucky that Leeann had came in and put in place a recruitement system that has seen us sign players with the quality needed to take advantage of the opportunities when they presented themselves.

So were we lucky then :greengrin