PDA

View Full Version : damaged seats in the away end

monktonharp
14-12-2017, 11:21 PM
I spoke to someone today, who was working for HFC albeit on a lower level, ground clearance/minor maintenance etc but he tells me that they identified over 140 damaged seats in the lower level.This, before they had fully checked upstairs! . he also says that the club are now considering Legal action on this issue which may not be true. Nevertheless, if those figures are roughly true, it surely needs the SPFL should be involved.

CMurdoch
14-12-2017, 11:38 PM
I spoke to someone today, who was working for HFC albeit on a lower level, ground clearance/minor maintenance etc but he tells me that they identified over 140 damaged seats in the lower level.This, before they had fully checked upstairs! . he also says that the club are now considering Legal action on this issue which may not be true. Nevertheless, if those figures are roughly true, it surely needs the SPFL should be involved.

Hibs will send the bill to Rangers
Apparently Celtic fans caused a lot of damage as well.

I remember seeing Hibs fans trying to damage seats at Tincastle.
Had to explain to the erses that Hibs would get the bill.
Dense *******s

monktonharp
14-12-2017, 11:42 PM
they may indeed send the bill, but he refered to Hibs actually involving lawyers in this situation. maybe they have never paid before?

KWJ
15-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Bloke behind me was going mental at his own seat in the east.

silverhibee
15-12-2017, 12:05 AM
they may indeed send the bill, but he refered to Hibs actually involving lawyers in this situation. maybe they have never paid before?

When was the last time we played them before Wednesday ?

southern hibby
15-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Bloke behind me was going mental at his own seat in the east.

Guy to the right off me was kicking ten bells of **** out of his seat. Some guys told him to calm the f@@k down and all he kept saying was I don’t give a f@@k. Just shows there’s idiots in all supports.

GGTTH

truehibernian
15-12-2017, 01:57 AM

The only thing your source was wrong about is the number of seats - it’s considerably more than 140 seats. Hibs security filmed the damage post game in presence of The Rangers security and the match delegate. But your man is bang on.

H18 SFR
15-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Guy to the right off me was kicking ten bells of **** out of his seat. Some guys told him to calm the f@@k down and all he kept saying was I don’t give a f@@k. Just shows there’s idiots in all supports.

GGTTH

Same happened at the Aberdeen game, some guy in the FF damaged his own seat and kicked off at the next game when it wasn't fixed.

lapsedhibee
15-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Don't believe a word of the OP. If there had been damage at a football stadium in Scotland it would have been reported by national news media and quickly followed by a year-long police investigation.

JimBHibees
15-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Don't believe a word of the OP. If there had been damage at a football stadium in Scotland it would have been reported by national news media and quickly followed by a year-long police investigation.

Agree I refuse to believe it until Keith Jackson has told me it happened and there is a double pager full of froth and disgust.

Kojock
15-12-2017, 06:06 AM
The only thing your source was wrong about is the number of seats - it’s considerably more than 140 seats. Hibs security filmed the damage post game in presence of The Rangers security and the match delegate. But your man is bang on.

If that's the damage caused when they win maybe just as well they didn't get beat. 😤

HFCdeb
15-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Saw bits of seat being thrown onto the pitch after their equaliser. Dirtbags.

Iggy Pope
15-12-2017, 06:13 AM
When was the last time we played them before Wednesday ?

They were at Easter Rd six times 2014-2016. A fairly common occurrence.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-12-2017, 06:25 AM
Hibs will send the bill to Rangers
Apparently Celtic fans caused a lot of damage as well.

I remember seeing Hibs fans trying to damage seats at Tincastle.
Had to explain to the erses that Hibs would get the bill.
Dense *******sIs that actually true though?

I was told Hibs and Hearts have an arrangement to pay for any damage themselves.I don't know about other visiting teams right enough.

eastcoasthibby
15-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Is that actually true though?

I was told Hibs and Hearts have an arrangement to pay for any damage themselves.I don't know about other visiting teams right enough.

This would seem like a mad way of dealing with it, suryit has to be on a game by game basis, for example of as receny we have got results at the.midden ..the damage would beess than if we lost and likewise if as recently if they lose at ER they will damage.more.seats.than if they get a result ...in every instance it needs.to be pay as you go after games.
The.other.thing is are the seats not allocated to named individuals so clubs should bill the individuals and no paying.if the cost ban them, remove ST's ...for me its a petty childish reaction that needs sorted in a tough way !!

bod
15-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Don’t know why hibs haven’t released the pictures to the press like Motherwell did after Celtic damaged fir Park

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-12-2017, 07:31 AM
This would seem like a mad way of dealing with it, suryit has to be on a game by game basis, for example of as receny we have got results at the.midden ..the damage would beess than if we lost and likewise if as recently if they lose at ER they will damage.more.seats.than if they get a result ...in every instance it needs.to be pay as you go after games.
The.other.thing is are the seats not allocated to named individuals so clubs should bill the individuals and no paying.if the cost ban them, remove ST's ...for me its a petty childish reaction that needs sorted in a tough way !!I don’t know the details but was told by an official at Hibs that for the derby at least the home team pays for any damage. It sounds daft but i’d Imagine claims and counter claims might be more hassle and expensive but I don’t know if that’s the reason.

Mikey
15-12-2017, 07:34 AM

That's my understanding too.

WeeRussell
15-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Saw bits of seat being thrown onto the pitch after their equaliser. Dirtbags.

Yep think it was their second I seen one flying through the air above their own fans.

itslegaltender
15-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Add to that the bottle of buckfast thrown at us from them. Police actually refused to look round at it when challenged.

Carheenlea
15-12-2017, 08:06 AM
I always thought that the visiting team would make good any damage themselves - use their own contractors and what not rather than getting a bill from host club that could be disputed and argued over. Maybe picked it up wrong, but I always thought this sounded a fair arrangement.

DarlingtonHibee
15-12-2017, 08:18 AM
I always thought that the visiting team would make good any damage themselves - use their own contractors and what not rather than getting a bill from host club that could be disputed and argued over. Maybe picked it up wrong, but I always thought this sounded a fair arrangement.
Pretty sure we just bill them.

grunt
15-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Same happened at the Aberdeen game, some guy in the FF damaged his own seat and kicked off at the next game when it wasn't fixed.
LOL. #BrexitBritain

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2017, 10:03 AM
anyone that feels a need to kick/break seats maybe needs some therapeutic help in their lives, pity the seats can't hit back

JeMeSouviens
15-12-2017, 10:41 AM
They were just protecting themselves against the provocative greenness of the seats. Could you all just move on please? :rolleyes:

son of haggart
15-12-2017, 10:59 AM
The.other.thing is are the seats not allocated to named individuals so clubs should bill the individuals and no paying.if the cost ban them, remove ST's ...for me its a petty childish reaction that needs sorted in a tough way !!

If it’s a regular occurrence at both grounds they may simply get an agreed neutral assessment of costs and settle the difference once a year. Would save endless arguments and legal costs.

Whatever way they account for it damaging the other sides ground only hurts your own club and is senseless

andybev1
15-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Talk about kicking seats, during the aberdeen game some 7-8 yr olds were kicking my and especially my partner's seat, when I had a word with the person who I thought was their dad he said 'I am not their dad - he obviously was in charge of them - every week we have to listen to his absolute drivel, from racism to things that make no sense to what is happening on the park'. If the kids end up behind us again, doing the same, we are just going to stand throughout the game so the little ****ers cannot see.

WeeRussell
15-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't be difficult to find the details of the people who purchased tickets for said seats (Home or Away). Ask them to explain how the seats ended up in that nick and ban those responsible.

There's one option.

CMurdoch
15-12-2017, 01:41 PM

The whole point is to dissuade away fans from damaging their opponents stadiums given they are costing their own club money.

CMurdoch
15-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Think I would have been noting the seat number and giving the club a call to say the baw bag complaining about his seat being broken, broke it himself. Good to flag up our own piss taking A-holes.

JeMeSouviens
15-12-2017, 01:49 PM
This is what the SPFL rules say (my bold):

Damage to Stadia
H40
In the event that any damage shall be caused to the fabric of the ground, including
any fixtures and fittings at the ground, of a Home Club by the supporters of the
Visiting Club, on the occasion of an Official Match then the Visiting Club shall be
obliged to indemnify the Home Club in the costs reasonably incurred by the Home
Club in repairing and making good such damage.

H41
If any dispute or difference shall arise between a Home Club and a Visiting Club as
regards any claim by a Home Club for indemnity against a Visiting Club under and in
terms of Rule H40 the Board, or if the Board so decides, a Commission, shall, upon
application to the Board made by either Club, consider and adjudicate upon the
matter. The determination of such dispute or difference and any determination
made by the Board, or as the case may be Commission, shall, subject to any appeal
to the Judicial Panel in terms of Section J of these Rules, be binding on each of the
Clubs concerned.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

CMurdoch
15-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Wouldn't be difficult to find the details of the people who purchased tickets for said seats (Home or Away). Ask them to explain how the seats ended up in that nick and ban those responsible.

There's one option.

Answer, it was okay when I left it.
Think broken seat combined with viewing CCTV footage would be the answer.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-12-2017, 02:00 PM
The whole point is to dissuade away fans from damaging their opponents stadiums given they are costing their own club money.I’m not disagreeing with your sentiments but on a visit to the stadium I asked the question and that was the answer I got.

CMurdoch
15-12-2017, 02:04 PM
I’m not disagreeing with your sentiments but on a visit to the stadium I asked the question and that was the answer I got.

:aok:Something for someone to ask the supporters rep about