PDA

View Full Version : Development game v St Mirren

Billy Whizz
14-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Last game of the season is this coming Tuesday (19th December)
It’s a 6pm KO at the Paisley 2021 stadium
Maybe a chance for our West of Scotland fans to get along to see the young lads

Just found that the Youth Cup tie due this Sunday at Inverness has been postponed. Been re arranged for January 2018

erin go bragh
14-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Last game of the season is this coming Tuesday (19th December)
It’s a 6pm KO at the Paisley 2021 stadium
Maybe a chance for our West of Scotland fans to get along to see the young lads

Just found that the Youth Cup tie due this Sunday at Inverness has been postponed. Been re arranged for January 2018

How's the League table looking Billy . Sure I read we were top a few weeks ago .

Billy Whizz
18-12-2017, 11:29 AM
How's the League table looking Billy . Sure I read we were top a few weeks ago .

Still top

Wonder if Swanson will get a wee run out tomorrow?

https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

erin go bragh
18-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Still top

Wonder if Swanson will get a wee run out tomorrow?

https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Cheers . Hope Swanson get a run out . We could do with his creativity.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Cheers . Hope Swanson get a run out . We could do with his creativity.

And his set plays

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Swanson and Shaw in square
Just waiting on team lines

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Martin
Porteous
Waugh
Fontaine

Innes Murray
Stirling
Donaldson
Crane

F Murray
Shaw
Swanson

Jonnyboy
19-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Martin
Porteous
Waugh
Fontaine

Innes Murray
Stirling
Donaldson
Crane

F Murray
Shaw
Swanson

Will be interested in how Fontaine gets on Billy and your views on Danny and Fraser 👍

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 05:15 PM
1-0 Hibs

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 05:30 PM
2-0 Hibs
Great ball in from Innes Murray, and tap in for Oli Shaw

berwickhibee
19-12-2017, 05:34 PM
2-0 Hibs

Who got the 1st billy??

Golden Bear
19-12-2017, 05:34 PM
2-0 Hibs

👍

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Who got the 1st billy??

Shaw

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Swanson and Fontaine off, Watson and Mackie on
Good 60 mins or so for the 2 of them

Ronniekirk
19-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Loaded with the cold and cough or would of ventured down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 06:46 PM
3-0 Hibs

Bayern Bru
19-12-2017, 06:56 PM
3-0 Hibs

Oli hat-trick?

Brightside
19-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Didn't expect Fonts back so early. Hopefully that will be Swanson sorted out for Saturdays game.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Oli hat-trick?

Innes Murray

3-0 FT

AlanRuff
19-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Cheers for the updates Billy 👍🏻

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Just home. Good solid performance and deserved win, should have added a few more before the end. St Mirren had 2 1st team players playing plus new signing Danny Mullen
Hibs played 343, very attacking. Some nice touchs from Swanson, but he had a great chance to score in the 1st half. Fonts got 60 mins, and looks injury free , so hopefully both ready if required from the bench

Thought some of the young lads put in a solid performance, young Innes Murray had 2 assists, and thought Fraser Murray was back to his best

I sometimes wonder how some clubs function. Phoned St Mirren in advance to ask if they had any catering on, as I was coming straight from work, they said yes. Me and a few others were in their main stand, but could see a few fans in the stand opposite us. Met someone after the game, and they had hot food in the stand opposite me, with around 15 people max in it. Who opens 2 stands for a development game!
Rant over😄

3pm
19-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Just home. Good solid performance and deserved win, should have added a few more before the end. St Mirren had 2 1st team players playing plus new signing Danny Mullen
Hibs played 343, very attacking. Some nice touchs from Swanson, but he had a great chance to score in the 1st half. Fonts got 60 mins, and looks injury free , so hopefully both ready if required from the bench

Thought some of the young lads put in a solid performance, young Innes Murray had 2 assists, and thought Fraser Murray was back to his best

I sometimes wonder how some clubs function. Phoned St Mirren in advance to ask if they had any catering on, as I was coming straight from work, they said yes. Me and a few others were in their main stand, but could see a few fans in the stand opposite us. Met someone after the game, and they had hot food in the stand opposite me, with around 15 people max in it. Who opens 2 stands for a development game!
Rant over😄

Scouting Billy?! :o)

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Scouting Billy?! :o)

I’ve already told you 3pm, I don’t scout, I’ve no coaching badges. I’m just a fan who likes watching live football, and even more if it’s Hibs😎

We’ve got a good unit at this level just now

3pm
19-12-2017, 09:06 PM
How did Ben Stirling play?

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 09:12 PM
How did Ben Stirling play?

Do you want me to go through the whole team

3pm
19-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Do you want me to go through the whole team

Jonnyboy manages!

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Jonnyboy manages!

Jonnyboy gets chauffeur driven round the country, and has time to write down notes

KWJ
19-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Haha cheers for the updates Billy.

How come Celtic have barely played and nae Rangers in the league?

SChibs
19-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Haha cheers for the updates Billy.

How come Celtic have barely played and nae Rangers in the league?

Rangers decided it wasn't worth their time so just play friendlies against other youth teams. Mainly English one's and some European I think

Jonnyboy
19-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Jonnyboy gets chauffeur driven round the country, and has time to write down notes

Now, now Billy I never take notes as you know :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Now, now Billy I never take notes as you know :thumbsup:

Sorry, all upstairs for you

Wheat Hound
19-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Paddy Martin - 1st game in a while, largely untested but solid
Callum Donaldson - played right mid as opposed to his normal rb. Conversely didn't get forward as much,probably due to having no winger to link with. V promising though
Kevin Waugh - played on the left of the back 3 and linked well with the others and was solid
Fonts - looked a wee bit (understandably) rusty but largely strolled it. Talked the youngsters through well.
Ryan Porteous - just an immense talent. The pick of the bunch for me. Strong, composed and with a will to win unsurpassed. Absolutely ready for the first team and a Hibs Captain in the making no doubts
Callum Crane - strong showing at left mid. Bursted forward a number of times and some great interplay.
Innes Murray - 2 assists and a very composed finish. Glides through games
Fraser Murray - best performance for a while. Still a bit lightweight but skill and fast feet make him a great prospect
Danny Swanson - looked fit and showed some great skills. Missed one sitter and hit the bar with another peach of an effort. Looks ready to hit the first team again and will offer us something different from midfield
Oli Shaw - The boy is simply a natural goalscorer. Can fall out of games for spells but always dangerous and such a composed finisher. Will be disappointed not to have got his hat trick but his 2 goals were well taken. I think it's worth persevering with him in the first team and he will get us goals I've no doubt.

brog
20-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Rangers decided it wasn't worth their time so just play friendlies against other youth teams. Mainly English one's and some European I think

The Rangers only have a one year exemption. Celtc are in the Euro league or whatever it's called. I think they play day before the full teams. I don't know if their fixtures are determined by the big team's results. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will explain.

Jones28
20-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Paddy Martin - 1st game in a while, largely untested but solid
Callum Donaldson - played right mid as opposed to his normal rb. Conversely didn't get forward as much,probably due to having no winger to link with. V promising though
Kevin Waugh - played on the left of the back 3 and linked well with the others and was solid
Fonts - looked a wee bit (understandably) rusty but largely strolled it. Talked the youngsters through well.
Ryan Porteous - just an immense talent. The pick of the bunch for me. Strong, composed and with a will to win unsurpassed. Absolutely ready for the first team and a Hibs Captain in the making no doubts
Callum Crane - strong showing at left mid. Bursted forward a number of times and some great interplay.
Innes Murray - 2 assists and a very composed finish. Glides through games
Fraser Murray - best performance for a while. Still a bit lightweight but skill and fast feet make him a great prospect
Danny Swanson - looked fit and showed some great skills. Missed one sitter and hit the bar with another peach of an effort. Looks ready to hit the first team again and will offer us something different from midfield
Oli Shaw - The boy is simply a natural goalscorer. Can fall out of games for spells but always dangerous and such a composed finisher. Will be disappointed not to have got his hat trick but his 2 goals were well taken. I think it's worth persevering with him in the first team and he will get us goals I've no doubt.

Thanks for this 👍

Porteous and Crane are exciting talents for me, other lads for me need to bulk up and spend their winter in the gym but a lot of talent there.

JDHibs
20-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Really hope we start to bring more youngsters through!

Dont like Levein but cant fault him recently giving quite a few youngsters a chance and them performing well!

Both Murrays, Shaw, Porteous and Crane deserve more recognition at first team level.

greenlex
20-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Really hope we start to bring more youngsters through!

Dont like Levein but cant fault him recently giving quite a few youngsters a chance and them performing well!

Both Murrays, Shaw, Porteous and Crane deserve more recognition at first team level.

He like any other manager is only playing them because of injury to players.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Goal highlights from last night now up
3 excellent finishes
Shaw scored 1st and 2nd, what a great finish for the 1st
Innes Murray got the 3rd. Watch Ryan Porteous great and strong challenge on the halfway line for the 2nd goal
https://youtu.be/TfITh_wDtJ4

hibbysam
20-12-2017, 03:05 PM
3 excellent finishes
Innes Murray got the 3rd. Watch Ryan Porteous great and strong challenge on the halfway line for the 2nd goal

Billy, how did Sean Mackie do when he came on? Has he been injured as I noticed he hadn’t been playing for the development side or Edinburgh City. Haven’t caught up with him in a few months so wondered whether it was injury or something else.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Billy, how did Sean Mackie do when he came on? Has he been injured as I noticed he hadn’t been playing for the development side or Edinburgh City. Haven’t caught up with him in a few months so wondered whether it was injury or something else.

He’s been injured. Came on last 30 mins or so last night, and did just fine

hibbysam
20-12-2017, 03:06 PM
He’s been injured. Came on last 30 mins or so last night, and did just fine

Glad to hear that. Big 2018 coming up for him and a lot of the other boys, hopefully start to fulfil some of the early promise.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear that. Big 2018 coming up for him and a lot of the other boys, hopefully start to fulfil some of the early promise.

Not sure if Sean is a better left back or wing back
Quite a few of them have contracts until the summer, so a huge 6 months for them

Iggy Pope
20-12-2017, 03:16 PM
3 excellent finishes

Great stuff, ta.
Not sure how much of the ball big Ryan gets on that challenge though!

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Great stuff, ta.
Not sure how much of the ball big Ryan gets on that challenge though!

Ha ha, gets the ball after the man

hibbysam
20-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Not sure if Sean is a better left back or wing back
Quite a few of them have contracts until the summer, so a huge 6 months for them

Yeah, was looking promising at the end of the season getting on in a first team game and in the squad a couple more, unfortunately injuries seem to have halted that progress but like you say a big few months coming up.

Unseen work
20-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Good to see Crane doing well again but I just can’t see him making it at Hibs. 22 in March and isn’t getting a sniff in the first team and hasn’t since Lennon came in.

Scott Martin is another who I think we will see the end of soon despite promising appearances in the first team and Lennon talking him up.

How is Innes Murray overall? I remember we signed him Fromm Celtic not long after Lennon came in. What type of player is he and will he get a chance?

indiejak1413
20-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Good to see Crane doing well again but I just can’t see him making it at Hibs. 22 in March and isn’t getting a sniff in the first team and hasn’t since Lennon came in.

Scott Martin is another who I think we will see the end of soon despite promising appearances in the first team and Lennon talking him up.

How is Innes Murray overall? I remember we signed him Fromm Celtic not long after Lennon came in. What type of player is he and will he get a chance?I expect Crane will probably leave in the summer. Was told at the start of the season that he hasn't got much chance of 1st team football. Makes you wonder why there is a development squad. Most of these young guys have been told this over the years "be patient " " you're in with a chance" "The gaffer really likes you". Apart from Ryan and maybe Olly very few of these guys will make it. I've said for a while on this forum that more youth players should be given more of a chance to show what they can bring to the team. But semi fit 1st team players will always get the nod over these young players. Let's be realistic if Porteous went to Celtic he would have more chance of getting 1st team game time than he has at hibs. Just look at the player Kieran Tierney has turned in to, I personally think Porteous is as good as if not better than Tierney. I hope we find out .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unseen work
20-12-2017, 06:48 PM
You cannot possibly believe that Porteous is better than Tierney?!

Porteous is a good young defenders but he had only played about 5 games and hasn’t had a string of performances to prove himself.

Tierney has proved for years that he is a brilliant left back in the league, champions league and international stage.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 03:39 AM
You cannot possibly believe that Porteous is better than Tierney?!

Porteous is a good young defenders but he had only played about 5 games and hasn’t had a string of performances to prove himself.

Tierney has proved for years that he is a brilliant left back in the league, champions league and international stage.How are we going to find out if Porteous doesn't get a run of games. Would you play a super fit 19 year old or a semi fit just back from injury 32 year old. I know what one I would pick.

Brooster
21-12-2017, 05:37 AM
How are we going to find out if Porteous doesn't get a run of games. Would you play a super fit 19 year old or a semi fit just back from injury 32 year old. I know what one I would pick.

Abdolutely spot on. Said it before ....Porteous Murray Crane and Shaw will only get better and should be exposed to more game time. Theres at least 4 in the first team who wont get any better and need phased out in my opinion.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Totally agree with you. It makes me wonder about the youth policy the club have. If you look at Sammy Stanton a great wee player, with the right coaching and a lengthy run in the 1st team he could've been a regular by now. When Scott Alan came in he was given loads of time to prove himself and he was crap for the 1st 10 games of the season. All these ladies need is a good coach and a run of games.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Totally agree with you. It makes me wonder about the youth policy the club have. If you look at Sammy Stanton a great wee player, with the right coaching and a lengthy run in the 1st team he could've been a regular by now. When Scott Alan came in he was given loads of time to prove himself and he was crap for the 1st 10 games of the season. All these ladies need is a good coach and a run of games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkLaddies

Unseen work
21-12-2017, 06:28 AM
How are we going to find out if Porteous doesn't get a run of games. Would you play a super fit 19 year old or a semi fit just back from injury 32 year old. I know what one I would pick.

If you’re asking whether I would play Porteous over Whittaker, the answer is yes.

However, saying that Porteous is better than Tierney based upon a couple of games is ridiculous imo.

Tierney is an exceptional left back and is attracting interest from some of the best clubs in the world. He has also captained both club and country and is only 20 years old.

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 08:04 AM
If you’re asking whether I would play Porteous over Whittaker, the answer is yes.

However, saying that Porteous is better than Tierney based upon a couple of games is ridiculous imo.

Tierney is an exceptional left back and is attracting interest from some of the best clubs in the world. He has also captained both club and country and is only 20 years old.I agree 100% about Tierney but how will we ever know about Porteous if he can't get a game . Let's face it if Lewis Stevenson got injured do you think Crane would get a game. I doubt it. Another semi fit 1st team player will be shoe horned into that position. My point is the management team have to have the bottle to play these young guys or what's the point of youth development because they're developing no one.

GreenCastle
21-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Tierney like Celtic is vastly overrated.

Too much hype on the radio etc.

Solid left back in the Scottish League but let’s give it a few years and see how good he is.

I do agree having seen the Hibs young players in action they are good.

Shaw
Porteous
Murray - I said on another thread is better than Cochrane

Etc - they showed some quality in pre-season but we have mostly stuck with experience so far this season.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-12-2017, 08:14 AM
For those that watch how is Josh Campbell progressing? Taught him at Primary school, very competitive in everything he did back then. Certainly had right mindset to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
21-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Tierney like Celtic is vastly overrated.

Too much hype on the radio etc.

Solid left back in the Scottish League but let’s give it a few years and see how good he is.

I do agree having seen the Hibs young players in action they are good.

Shaw
Porteous
Murray - I said on another thread is better than Cochrane

Etc - they showed some quality in pre-season but we have mostly stuck with experience so far this season.

I totally disagree over Tierney. The lad looks the complete football player to me and is the best home based talent we've produced in the last 15-20 years. If only he was a Hibby!

indiejak1413
21-12-2017, 11:18 AM
I totally disagree over Tierney. The lad looks the complete football player to me and is the best home based talent we've produced in the last 15-20 years. If only he was a Hibby!If he was a hibby then he probably wouldn't have got a game over LS.