PDA

View Full Version : Louis Moult

Firestarter
14-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Joins Preston in January. Decent money for Motherwell but significantly weakens them.

Smartie
14-12-2017, 11:01 AM
They're struggling badly without him.

This is not bad news for us. Motherwell will be weakened and will be much less of a challenger and he hasn't joined a direct opponent like the huns.

easty
14-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Joins Preston in January. Decent money for Motherwell but significantly weakens them.

how much are they getting for him?

Treadstone
14-12-2017, 11:30 AM

Reported £450k

Out of contract in summer.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2017, 11:30 AM

Undisclosed fee say Beeb

CMurdoch
14-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Didn't see a sum mentioned but imagine like most Scottish teams will have been taken advantage off.
They will lose Cadden in the summer and be back to square one.
Sad.

hibsbollah
14-12-2017, 11:36 AM
In the current market 450k is nothing for a player like Moult. I think he'll do well.

Stevie Reid
14-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Well played by Motherwell - didn't sell him to a rival during the summer for less money, and his goals have left them pretty safe in the league, and got them to a LC final. They've got a great fee for the last six months of his contract.

Ich liebe Deek
14-12-2017, 11:41 AM
They're struggling badly without him.

This is not bad news for us. Motherwell will be weakened and will be much less of a challenger and he hasn't joined a direct opponent like the huns.

The only way anyone outside the OF will win the league is when there are 4-5 teams in the league capable of regularly taking points off them.Motherwell would be one of those teams along with us,hearts,dons and at least one other.The chances of that falling into place in one season is slim and stuff like this happening is exactly why.

CMurdoch
14-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Reported £450k

Out of contract in summer.

If they got that much they have done well (no pun intended).
Hopefully they also inserted a sell on clause.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 11:46 AM
The only way anyone outside the OF will win the league is when there are 4-5 teams in the league capable of regularly taking points off them.Motherwell would be one of those teams along with us,hearts,dons and at least one other.The chances of that falling into place in one season is slim and stuff like this happening is exactly why.

Until you bring in something like a salary cap then nobody except Celtic are winning this league for a long time. Their CL money separates them from the rest of us every year. Not even Sevco can get close. And it’s the same all over Europe. There are teams on long title winning streaks in most countries just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
14-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Until you bring in something like a salary cap then nobody except Celtic are winning this league for a long time. Their CL money separates them from the rest of us every year. Not even Sevco can get close. And it’s the same all over Europe. There are teams on long title winning streaks in most countries just now.

Nasty capitalism in action

jgl07
14-12-2017, 01:01 PM

A salary cap will probably strengthen Celtic and Sevco in that spending is usually limited to a percentage of total turnover.

I doubt if you would ever be able to make an 'absolute' salary cap stick due to 'restraint of trade' rules.

heretoday
14-12-2017, 01:25 PM
It's sad when you see a player like that going to a championship club for peanuts.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 01:36 PM
A salary cap will probably strengthen Celtic and Sevco in that spending is usually limited to a percentage of total turnover.

I doubt if you would ever be able to make an 'absolute' salary cap stick due to 'restraint of trade' rules.

Hard salary caps are perfectly legal and are in use in rugby league right now in this country. There are no restraint of trade rules stopping this.

brog
14-12-2017, 01:43 PM
It's sad when you see a player like that going to a championship club for peanuts.

Well picked him up from Wrexham for sweeties, have had 30 months from him & sold him on for a huge profit. He gets a 2nd chance in English leagues at a higher level than before. Win/Win all over really.

Nevi_SOL
14-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Hard salary caps are perfectly legal and are in use in rugby league right now in this country. There are no restraint of trade rules stopping this.

Would make a massive difference in rugby league there have been 9 different winners in 20 years.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Would make a massive difference in rugby league there have been 9 different winners in 20 years.

And a very marketable product where games mean something all year round and title races are close.