PDA

View Full Version : Games against Sevco

Smartie
14-12-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm still trying to work out how we managed to lose that game, but other than the bitterly disappointing result I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night.

There is a lot of bad blood between the 2 sets of fans and at boardroom level there seems to be no love lost between Hibs and Rangers.

But when you strip all of that back, I think it should be acknowledged there have been some absolutely fantastic games of football between these 2 sides over the past few years.

Both sides have favoured an attacking approach, trying to outscore each other and during that first half last night I couldn't believe how open the 2 teams were.

Chuck in the "atmosphere" that surrounds these games (not to everyone's tastes, I know) and I think that many of them have been superb spectacles and a true credit to Scottish football.

Give me this any day of the week over what much of the modern game has become. One man up front, tentative football, well-drilled defences, few goalscoring opportunities, a huge onus to feign injury and win set pieces in order to make a breakthrough.

I'd normally be devastated after a result like that in such a big game, but I have a strange sense of pride that we played as well as we did and that we contributed to such a good game. To yet another really good game.

DarlingtonHibee
14-12-2017, 10:33 AM
The huns a credit to Scottish football in any aspect is a bit hard to believe. They get away with murder, especially their bigoted songs, and general behaviour.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm still trying to work out how we managed to lose that game, but other than the bitterly disappointing result I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night.

There is a lot of bad blood between the 2 sets of fans and at boardroom level there seems to be no love lost between Hibs and Rangers.

But when you strip all of that back, I think it should be acknowledged there have been some absolutely fantastic games of football between these 2 sides over the past few years.

Both sides have favoured an attacking approaching, trying to outscore each other and during that first half last night I couldn't believe how open the 2 teams were.

Chuck in the "atmosphere" that surrounds these games (not to everyone's tastes, I know) and I think that many of them have been superb spectacles and a true credit to Scottish football.

Give me this any day of the week over what much of the modern game has become. One man up front, tentative football, well-drilled defences, few goalscoring opportunities, a huge onus to feign injury and win set pieces in order to make a breakthrough.

I'd normally be devastated after a result like that in such a big game, but I have a strange sense of pride that we played as well as we did and that we contributed to such a good game. To yet another really good game.It was a good game to watch as we played some great stuff at times.I don't give sevco much credit as they were bang average and hanging on. Refereeing influence was far greater than it should have been.

A rare sevco win, we'll absorb it and move on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
14-12-2017, 10:42 AM
The huns a credit to Scottish football in any aspect is a bit hard to believe. They get away with murder, especially their bigoted songs, and general behaviour.

Yep, I agree.

But what I'm saying is that when you strip all of that back to the simple 11 vs 11, we've had some cracking games against them in recent years. They tend to be high scoring, open and hugely entertaining. We've had a few refereeing decisions go our way, they've had a few.

It's a shame that this fact is often buried beneath a whole shower of off-field crap.

hibsbollah
14-12-2017, 10:48 AM
They don't like us, we don't like them and it adds to the atmosphere. If they suddenly stopped the sectarian antics I think we'd secretly miss them being the bad guys in the panto.

surreyhibbie
14-12-2017, 11:09 AM
It was a good game to watch as we played some great stuff at times.I don't give sevco much credit as they were bang average and hanging on. Refereeing influence was far greater than it should have been.

Murty giving us a bit of credit, surprisingly. "Three Fortuitous points" is what he said.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Murty giving us a bit of credit, surprisingly. "Three Fortuitous points" is what he said.He obviously doesn't understand their "tradishuns". They'll be calling for his head after that statement.

Onion
14-12-2017, 11:21 AM
It was a good game to watch as we played some great stuff at times.I don't give sevco much credit as they were bang average and hanging on. Refereeing influence was far greater than it should have been.

Agreed. Half way through the first half, the Huns were all over the place, their imidfield was a shambles and they were there for the taking. 2nd half they were wasting time from first minute. Sevco were very average ad do not look like a top 4 side, Hibs were streets ahead bar the stupid goalkeeping error.

CMurdoch
14-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Both sides have favoured an attacking approaching, trying to outscore each other and during that first half last night I couldn't believe how open the 2 teams were.

I'd normally be devastated after a result like that in such a big game, but I have a strange sense of pride that we played as well as we did and that we contributed to such a good game. To yet another really good game.

I enjoyed it as well, other than that 5 minutes.
We have a great team who worked hard all night and totally dominated The Rangers.
We were lucky to get a draw on Sunday but last night was great.
Our players and supporters will expect to beat Rangers from now on and they will now be a little scared of our team.