PDA

View Full Version : trouble getting in

steelendhibs
13-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Guy in front of me didn't push the turnstile correctly after scanning and took my turn. I then scanned my card and wasn't allowed in. Went to the steward and asked pleasantly what could be done. He just said I would have to go to the ticket office to sort it. I said that wasn't good enough as it's the east stand and wasn't my fault. He said I just wasn't getting in then. It's only when I got noisy that a supervisor came over and scanned my ticket again and sorted the problem in no time. The supervisor informed me that he was only doing it because the ticket office wasn't open. I will back off to make sure the guy in front of me makes it through before nicking my go in future, but surely there had to be a better way than getting told to go to the ticket office? I pay my season ticket money and support the club. I think any fan should expect to be treated better and have a better system in place. I get into the ground at least 20 minutes before the game each time, but if it happens again going to the ticket office means I would more than likely miss kick off. Do the fans reps pick up areas for improvement on here does anybody know, or do I have to contact the club?

SChibs
14-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Where else do you expect to go? What you have described is pretty reasonable imo

kaimendhibs
14-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Happened to me for the St. Johnstone game. Went to guy at side and he rescanned my ticket.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
14-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Where else do you expect to go? What you have described is pretty reasonable imoExcept it was shut. Not reasonable at all

SChibs
14-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Except it was shut. Not reasonable at all

I don't understand what the staff have done wrong

kaimendhibs
14-12-2017, 12:22 AM
I don't understand what the staff have done wrongCan be fixed there, no need to head to ticket office

Swedish hibee
14-12-2017, 02:30 AM
The stewards are only there for safety surely. I wouldn't think they can just let anyone in, season ticket or not.

hibbysam
14-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Except it was shut. Not reasonable at all

Unless it was after kick off, the ticket office wouldn’t be closed... they are open for collections and issues like this up until kick off. I passed at 7.35 and they were still open and serving.

Onceinawhile
14-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Why did you scan your ticket before the other boy was through?

Scouse Hibee
14-12-2017, 06:40 AM
Guy in front of me didn't push the turnstile correctly after scanning and took my turn. I then scanned my card and wasn't allowed in. Went to the steward and asked pleasantly what could be done. He just said I would have to go to the ticket office to sort it. I said that wasn't good enough as it's the east stand and wasn't my fault. He said I just wasn't getting in then. It's only when I got noisy that a supervisor came over and scanned my ticket again and sorted the problem in no time. The supervisor informed me that he was only doing it because the ticket office wasn't open. I will back off to make sure the guy in front of me makes it through before nicking my go in future, but surely there had to be a better way than getting told to go to the ticket office? I pay my season ticket money and support the club. I think any fan should expect to be treated better and have a better system in place. I get into the ground at least 20 minutes before the game each time, but if it happens again going to the ticket office means I would more than likely miss kick off. Do the fans reps pick up areas for improvement on here does anybody know, or do I have to contact the club?

Nothing to do with the guy in front, your fault for scanning your ticket too early before the turnstile had completed its rotation.

Geo_1875
14-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Nothing to do with the guy in front, your fault for scanning your ticket too early before the turnstile had completed its rotation.

That's the problem my daughter had on Sunday. Went to TO and got a paper ticket to get in.

However, there was a guy at the TO who couldn't get in and was told his ticket was scanned 20 minutes before he left the pub.

There have been cases where the TO staff have entered the wrong seat numbers when selling tickets and someone ends up in your seat.

steelendhibs
14-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Folk make mistakes. I obviously made one which I won't make again. However, I think there has to be a better system than go to the ticket office. If a human was manning the turnstile there would be no issue.

s.a.m
14-12-2017, 10:11 AM
I made the same mistake once, queued for 20 mins at the ticket office and missed the first 10 mins of the match. I know it was my fault, but it's a simple error, and a fairly easy one to make - in my case, I was distracted by the person behind asking me a question, and I scanned my card before the previous person had cleared the turnstile. I can't believe that there isn't an entrance system available that prevents a card being scanned while another card is in use. Since we don't have one of those, it would be useful to have some humans in place to deal with problems at the turnstiles. While I was queueing to sort mine out, I would say probably more than half the queue were there for the same reason.

andybev1
14-12-2017, 10:50 AM
If you have a ticket that scans I cannot see why they cannot do what he did all the time rather than wasting ppls time. Think he was backing up his colleague by saying he was only doing it due to TO being shut

Iggy Pope
14-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Folk make mistakes. I obviously made one which I won't make again. However, I think there has to be a better system than go to the ticket office. If a human was manning the turnstile there would be no issue.

Maybe the humans using the turnstile need to make less mistakes. Including the human stewards.

Jones28
14-12-2017, 11:10 AM

The human scanning your ticket would tell you the same.

Seveno
14-12-2017, 11:40 AM

I sympathise. It was a simple mistake that can easily happen. The supervisor should have both the authority and ability to easily resolve. It is a simple question of customer care.

s.a.m
14-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Maybe the humans using the turnstile need to make less mistakes. Including the human stewards.

Of course. But people make mistakes, and in a crowd of 16,000 people some people will scan their card before the turnstile stops. I think it's a fairly small mistake, and fixing it is more difficult and time-consuming than it needs to be. As I said already, I don't think it helps that we have a system that takes cards when the person can't be admitted. I'm trying to think of other places I use cards to gain access to, and I can't think of another example like ours. Usually, your card either gets rejected until it's your turn, or there's a light system, or something.