PDA

View Full Version : Clancy: cheat or visually impaired?

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:13 PM
That was an Old Firm refereeing performance if ever I saw one.

How was that not a second yellow for McCrorie at 1-0? If Clancy does his job, we're on easy street.

How did he manage to 'miss' that deliberate handball?

Hun players kicked us from pillar to post all night without consequence. Their keeper was outstanding, whilst Marciano made a mess of that winner at his near post.

Hit the post twice.

We'll be told yet again to stop being paranoid because the 'decisions even out'. It will take until the next age for these decisions to even out.

Disgraceful from Clancy. He was either at it or his eyesight is failing.

SkintHibby
13-12-2017, 11:15 PM
MY eyesight must be failing me cause I thought he did ok.

Absolutely hate boring threads about refs when we get beat. Par for the course on here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't think that he saw the penalty claim through the players. I could see it from the middle of the East in line with it so the penalty decision was really down to the linesman.

Nevi_SOL
13-12-2017, 11:17 PM
100% blatant cheat

hibbydad
13-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Don't agree absolute cheat and totally inconsistent Shaw was clearly fouled in the run up to their 2nd goal never mind the handball for the penalty that should have been given

hibsboy07
13-12-2017, 11:19 PM

Absolutely hate boring threads about refs when we get beat. Par for the course on here.

Clancy couldn't have seen it but linesman did and thought it wasn't a penalty wrongly I must add

tamig
13-12-2017, 11:21 PM
That was an Old Firm refereeing performance if ever I saw one.

How was that not a second yellow for McCrorie at 1-0? If Clancy does his job, we're on easy street.

How did he manage to 'miss' that deliberate handball?

Hun players kicked us from pillar to post all night without consequence. Their keeper was outstanding, whilst Marciano made a mess of that winner at his near post.

Hit the post twice.

We'll be told yet again to stop being paranoid because the 'decisions even out'. It will take until the next age for these decisions to even out.

Disgraceful from Clancy. He was either at it or his eyesight is failing.
I can’t really recall Foderingham making a save. The linesman was to blame for the penalty decision - he was looking right at it. Disgraceful.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:22 PM

You thought he did ok? That was one of the worst refereeing performances I can recall. He missed the incidents that changed the game. Atrocious performance; he should be demoted down the leagues for a few weeks.

hibbydad
13-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Maybee so but look at his other totally inconsistent decisions I would again highlight the foul on Shaw before their 2nd goal

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:24 PM
I can’t really recall Foderingham making a save. The linesman was to blame for the penalty decision - he was looking right at it. Disgraceful.

He must have made five or six. The second one that hit the post was a superb save. It was going in.

CMurdoch
13-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Well said.
We lost because we couldn't turn our pressure and chances into goals not because the referee didn't see a hand ball.
A great game tonight, Hibs totally dominated The Rangers.

mcfly
13-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Eh?? What’s wrong with questioning a clear handball?

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:26 PM
Well said.
We lost because we couldn't turn our pressure and chances into goals not because the referee didn't see a hand ball.
A great game tonight, Hibs totally dominated The Rangers.

And he also didn't see the foul by McCrorie which should have been a second yellow at 1-0. He's a clown.

Nevi_SOL
13-12-2017, 11:26 PM
The fact McCrories only booking off the match was for kicking away the ball tells me everything I need to know about that refereeing performance

CMurdoch
13-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Eh?? What’s wrong with questioning a clear handball?

Until refs get the benefit of video replays there will continue to be blatant missed decision like today.
Nothing to do with cheating or incompetence.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Until refs get the benefit of video replays there will continue to be blatant missed decision like today.

I can't agree with that; it was blatant, not a marginal call, as was the second yellow. They were acting like hatchet men all night.

SkintHibby
13-12-2017, 11:37 PM
You thought he did ok? That was one of the worst refereeing performances I can recall. He missed the incidents that changed the game. Atrocious performance; he should be demoted down the leagues for a few weeks.

I was at the game tonight which is a rarity for me but I never seen anything particularly bad from the ref (but I never had the luxury of a replay).

Hibs have had a few contentious decisions go their way this season so c'est la vie.

The_Sauz
13-12-2017, 11:42 PM
It's the refs who don't want it! It so they continue to cheat the paying public of watching a fair game of football.

The_Sauz
13-12-2017, 11:45 PM
I was at the game tonight which is a rarity for me but I never seen anything particularly bad from the ref (but I never had the luxury of a replay).

Hibs have had a few contentious decisions go their way this season so c'est la vie.
So you don't go to may games then, but you felt the ref was ok.....compared to what?

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:52 PM
So you don't go to may games then, but you felt the ref was ok.....compared to what?

He was shocking, Sauz. As bad a performance as any at ER.

LaMotta
13-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Unbelievable you are still on here pretending to be a Hibs fan :yawn:

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2017, 11:56 PM
clancy wouldn't have saw the hand ball, but the ******* cheat of a linesman on the east stand side SHOULD have :agree: having specsavers sponsoring the officials is indeed very apt, but then again he DID see it but just didn't want to give it...****

CMurdoch
13-12-2017, 11:57 PM
It's the refs who don't want it! It so they continue to cheat the paying public of watching a fair game of football.

I suspect the main issue is the cost.
Rugby and Tennis have it so why not top level football

Callum_62
13-12-2017, 11:58 PM
clancy wouldn't have saw the hand ball, but the ******* cheat of a linesman on the east stand side SHOULD have :agree: having specsavers sponsoring the officials is indeed very apt, but then again he DID see it but just didn't want to give it...****

apparently confirmed to Lennon he did see it - didnt think it was a pen

:rolleyes:

LaMotta
13-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Well said.

You know it is possible that both those things have cost us?

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2017, 12:01 AM

sake :( even richard gordon and willie miller said it was, quote "disgraceful/incredible" that it wasn't given :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
14-12-2017, 12:02 AM

Whit??? Please tell me you're joking, before I explode.

SkintHibby
14-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Unbelievable you are still on here pretending to be a Hibs fan :yawn:

1600 posts and im a closet hun/jambo. Id STFU if I was you.:agree:

Callum_62
14-12-2017, 12:09 AM
just paraphrasing what someone else said on match day thread I think - assumed they heard Lennon confirm that

The kicker, if he did see it and didnt think it was pen is, for once in his summarising days, Andy Walker actually disagreed with the ref

When it reaches that level, you know you are being well shafted

Stuart93
14-12-2017, 12:14 AM

I won't accuse u of being a jambo but I disagree with the c'est la vie part massively, it was far too blatant.

SkintHibby
14-12-2017, 12:19 AM
I won't accuse u of being a jambo but I disagree with the c'est la vie part massively, it was far too blatant.

Im not talking about tonight. Some decisions go for your team some dont. That is life. Refs make decisions whether good or bad. They are not biased tho.

Hibernia&Alba
14-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Im not talking about tonight. Some decisions go for your team some dont. That is life. Refs make decisions whether good or bad. They are not biased tho.

They are afraid to make big decisions against the Old Firm because of the stink caused by those two clubs and the media. That hasn't changed. Failing that, he's incompetent. If he indeed did see the handball but said he didn't think it was a penalty, the man shouldn't be refereeing.

Stuart93
14-12-2017, 12:27 AM

They are most certainly biased

kaimendhibs
14-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Im bored with people defending the indefensible. These officials are cheats, nothing less. Magnanimous for the sake of it does my nut in

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-12-2017, 05:21 AM

I hope that isn't true.

Tyler Durden
14-12-2017, 06:42 AM
Definitely a penalty, but it wasn't a foul on Shaw for the 2nd goal. He went down too easily rather than wait for Alves to hit him.

And I don't think McCrorie had a foul worthy of a second yellow either.

The ref booked five of them. I think he did ok apart from the penalty. And also missing the left back tripping Boyle - both the linesman should have helped with

We need to look at our set pieces which again were poor

Bankie
14-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Wasn't it the first goal where Alves pushes Shaw with enough force to knock him off hiis feet? It was a very interesting decision because any time a Rangers player was knocked over Clancy gave it. Then at the second the ball was played on by a Rangers player who could only have used an arm to do so. The whole ground saw the penalty so how could he not? Clancy is awkward with Hibs, to say the least, at least since his red card for John McGinn was rescinded.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2017, 07:05 AM
I hope that isn't true.

Lennon said it in his bbc radio interview.

number9dream
14-12-2017, 07:09 AM
Definitely a penalty, but it wasn't a foul on Shaw for the 2nd goal. He went down too easily rather than wait for Alves to hit him.

And I don't think McCrorie had a foul worthy of a second yellow either.

The ref booked five of them. I think he did ok apart from the penalty. And also missing the left back tripping Boyle - both the linesman should have helped with

We need to look at our set pieces which again were poor

Agreed... However, the linesman HAS to pipe up for the penalty, he's got the perfect view. So many of these guys appear terrified to get involved with anything more than offside.

Ray_
14-12-2017, 07:18 AM

He had several, for me the pick was Barker's first effort which he touched on to the post, although we didn't get the corner, but I know what you are saying, we badly need an experienced clinical striker.

He was also named MOM on SKY.

Too right with the lineman,

Callum_62
14-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Whit??? Please tell me you're joking, before I explode.

Lennon confirmed on BBC interview

“Just been into see him and he said he didnt think it was a penalty”

Unbelievable- well, not really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
14-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Soon find out what the bods views are on the matter if clancys punted down the leagues for a few weeks.

ACLeith
14-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Watched the game back checking many of the decisions. Trying to be as unbiased as I can I counted 8 decisions that went wrongly in their favour, a couple I thought af the time he got wrong that were actually right and one that we got that was wrong.

And that's not counting the penalty. Clear as day to the linesman.

I thought Murty was fair with his comments though easy when you've got away with it.

SeanWilson
14-12-2017, 07:59 AM
I don't think that he saw the penalty claim through the players. I could see it from the middle of the East in line with it so the penalty decision was really down to the linesman.

That's all very well but his linesman was parallel to it and couldn't have had a clearer view.

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 08:04 AM

How do you know?

Just watched the pen again the guy moves his arm towards the ball as clear a pen as you will get. Linesman cheated clear as day.

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Wasn't it the first goal where Alves pushes Shaw with enough force to knock him off hiis feet? It was a very interesting decision because any time a Rangers player was knocked over Clancy gave it. Then at the second the ball was played on by a Rangers player who could only have used an arm to do so. The whole ground saw the penalty so how could he not? Clancy is awkward with Hibs, to say the least, at least since his red card for John McGinn was rescinded.

Agree thought it was a foul on Shaw.

Callum_62
14-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Agree thought it was a foul on Shaw.

Im not sure it was- but it was one of them that was given to the rangers midfield over and over again

Geo_1875
14-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Agreed... However, the linesman HAS to pipe up for the penalty, he's got the perfect view. So many of these guys appear terrified to get involved with anything more than offside.

The West stand linesman was pathetic. Once again signalling nothing but offside and raising his flag to agree with the referee when he awarded a throw-in. The entire first half The Rangers defenders didn't win a header without a 2 handed push in the back. Absolutley pathetic, again.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 12:40 PM
It should ace been a pen but the ref did not give it. We just need to move on.

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 12:56 PM

Absolutely hate boring threads about refs when we get beat. Par for the course on here.If you think he did ok your eyes must be painted on. No penalty, no foul on Shaw before their 2nd to name but a few. He did is job alright.

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 01:09 PM
How do you know?

Just watched the pen again the guy moves his arm towards the ball as clear a pen as you will get. Linesman cheated clear as day.

He didn't cheat at all

Why are you so biased?

Ringothedog
14-12-2017, 01:13 PM
He didn't cheat at all

Why are you so biased?

Why do you think he never gave the penalty when it was blatantly obvious that the player handled it?

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Why do you think he never gave the penalty when it was blatantly obvious that the player handled it?

Because he thought it wasn't a penalty?

There have been too many threads this season calling out referees for cheating. I just don't see it that way. Aye, they may be rubbish at what they do but in no way do they cheat. That's just Old Firm chat.

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 01:24 PM
He didn't cheat at all

Why are you so biased?

No one on seeing that clearly could have come to any other decision it was so blatant. He moved towards the ball and played it with his arm the ball wasnt blasted at him.

I assume you dont watch much football because if you think all teams are treated the same then you must still believe in the Tooth fairy.

Tornadoes70
14-12-2017, 01:24 PM
How do you know?

Very true.

There are some real ostriches on here who want us all to pretend the officials aren't biased or cheat. Its our duty to highlight officials who cheat clubs and its supporters out of watching games being played out in a fair manner.

No one wants the game to be rigged so we should be getting rid of those officials such as the linesman last night who when failing in his duty to alert the referee he had seen the rangers defender clearly using his arm to block the ball.

The club should put in an official protest against these types of officials who look the other way when it comes to game changing decisions that almost always fall for clubs like the rangers.

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 01:27 PM
No one on seeing that clearly could have come to any other decision it was so blatant. He moved towards the ball and played it with his arm the ball wasnt blasted at him.

I assume you dont watch much football because if you think all teams are treated the same then you must still believe in the Tooth fairy.

See when Beaton had a nightmare at Ibrox was that cheating as well?

Its just nonsense

Thecat23
14-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Makes me laugh when I see all the folk who think refs are 100% honest. Sure a couple are the rest no, they are cheats to raise their own profiles.

Linesman admitted he seen it but just didn’t think it’s a pen. Any honest official gives that simple as that.

Tornadoes70
14-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Makes me laugh when I see all the folk who think refs are 100% honest. Sure a couple are the rest no, they are chests to raise their own profiles.

Linesman admitted he seen it but just didn’t think it’s a pen. Any honest official gives that simple as that.

Absolutely.

They're like the flat earthers who have a desire to believe rather than scrutinise the reality.

GGTTH

Ringothedog
14-12-2017, 01:33 PM
See when Beaton had a nightmare at Ibrox was that cheating as well?

Its just nonsense

If they are not cheating then they are incompetent, if they continue to make incorrect decisions then they should be sacked.

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Because he thought it wasn't a penalty?

There have been too many threads this season calling out referees for cheating. I just don't see it that way. Aye, they may be rubbish at what they do but in no way do they cheat. That's just Old Firm chat.Just a coincidence when playing the OF they're very rarely rubbish they other way eh.

It was a penalty all day long, he (the linesman) admitted he saw it and didn't give it, that's not rubbish refereeing because nobody seeing that would think it wasn't a penalty. If he thought that wasn't a penalty and he's not a cheat then he shouldn't be officiating another game ever.

Funny the ref never seen the foul before their 2nd goal either

Deansy
14-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Even Andy Walker couldn't believe the penalty WASN'T awarded - and we're not exactly his favourite team !

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Just a coincidence when playing the OF they're very rarely rubbish they other way eh.

It was a penalty all day long, he (the linesman) admitted he saw it and didn't give it, that's not rubbish refereeing because nobody seeing that would think it wasn't a penalty. If he thought that wasn't a penalty and he's not a cheat then he shouldn't be officiating another game ever.

Funny the ref never seen the foul before their 2nd goal either

I'm not doubting it was a penalty

As I said look at Ibrox. We got the rub of the green that day due to a woeful refereeing performance. It didn't go our way last night due to some poor officiating but to say it was cheating is something entirely different

Tornadoes70
14-12-2017, 01:48 PM
The linesman saw it and failed to alert the referee that it was a stone wall penalty.

That makes him a cheat.

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 01:51 PM
The linesman saw it and failed to alert the referee that it was a stone wall penalty.

That makes him a cheat.Nail, hammer, head

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Very true.

There are some real ostriches on here who want us all to pretend the officials aren't biased or cheat. Its our duty to highlight officials who cheat clubs and its supporters out of watching games being played out in a fair manner.

No one wants the game to be rigged so we should be getting rid of those officials such as the linesman last night who when failing in his duty to alert the referee he had seen the rangers defender clearly using his arm to block the ball.

The club should put in an official protest against these types of officials who look the other way when it comes to game changing decisions that almost always fall for clubs like the rangers.

that will simply never happen whilst petrie is at hibs and the SFA, but i can name two clubs that would instruct journalists to print injustices if it happened to them, indeed one of them would probably issue a press statement

Ringothedog
14-12-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm not doubting it was a penalty

As I said look at Ibrox. We got the rub of the green that day due to a woeful refereeing performance. It didn't go our way last night due to some poor officiating but to say it was cheating is something entirely different

I look at each game in isolation , what happened in the game at ibrox has nothing to do with the incompetent officiating last night no matter how often you use it to justify your position.

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 01:57 PM
I look at each game in isolation , what happened in the game at ibrox has nothing to do with the incompetent officiating last night no matter how often you use it to justify your position.

The point is that do referees cheat and did the ref cheat last night. The answer is no. Yes, they might be mince at what they do but using Ibrox as an example they are consistently poor.

Your argument is just nonsense.

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 02:00 PM
The point is that do referees cheat and did the ref cheat last night. The answer is no. Yes, they might be mince at what they do but using Ibrox as an example they are consistently poor.

Your argument is just nonsense.

Your opinion not a fact. It was the linesman that cheated last night not the ref.
Do you think all teams are treated the same?

cleanyman
14-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Your opinion not a fact. It was the linesman that cheated last night not the ref.
Do you think all teams are treated the same?

That is correct but you are saying the linesman has cheated. You don't know this either.

What does Douglas Potter gain by not giving that decision ?

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 02:05 PM
That is correct but you are saying the linesman has cheated. You don't know this either.

What does Douglas Potter gain by not giving that decision ?3 points for his team? :wink:

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 02:06 PM

What does Douglas Potter gain by not giving that decision ?

I find it hard to quantify he could have had a perfect view and not give it. What does he gain who knows an easier life than if he had given it, maybe he supports a team that were playing and couldnt help himself?

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Very true.

No chance Hibs will say anything. We are very much in the ‘nothing to see here camp’ when it comes to cheating in Scottish football. We let them run a dual contract scheme for ten years and then just told or fans to move on. Sporting integrity is not valued at Hibs.

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 02:23 PM
No chance Hibs will say anything. We are very much in the ‘nothing to see here camp’ when it comes to cheating in Scottish football. We let them run a dual contract scheme for ten years and then just told or fans to move on. Sporting integrity is not valued at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou mean you don't believe integrity is beyond purchase? Certainly beyond an SFA blazer, that's for sure.

http://www.idioms4you.com/img1/sweep-under-the-carpet-def.jpg

happiehibbie
14-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Don't agree absolute cheat and totally inconsistent Shaw was clearly fouled in the run up to their 2nd goal never mind the handball for the penalty that should have been given

No way a foul on Shaw IMO just was not strong enough

Onion
14-12-2017, 04:32 PM
The ref was in no position to see the pen or give it. He can only give it if absolutely sure, he cannot guess. It was the linesman who was perfectly placed and apparently (according to a conversation he had with Lennon) he did "not think it was a penalty".

If true, then this linesman should not be allowed to officiate at ANY game until he can demonstrate that he knows the rules of the game. As a minimum, this linesman's performances in future games need to be closely scrutinised. There were 20,000 paying customers at ER who were effectively cheated out of a fair contest due to one man's ignorance of the rules of the game. That's not acceptable.

John_R_Corbett
14-12-2017, 04:35 PM
The ref was in no position to see the pen or give it. He can only give it if absolutely sure, he cannot guess. It was the linesman who was perfectly placed and apparently (according to a conversation he had with Lennon) he did "not think it was a penalty".

If true, then this linesman should not be allowed to officiate at ANY game until he can demonstrate that he knows the rules of the game. As a minimum, this linesman's performances in future games need to be closely scrutinised. There were 20,000 paying customers at ER who were effectively cheated out of a fair contest due to one man's ignorance of the rules of the game. That's not acceptable.Ignorance of the rules? I'm sure he knows the rules perfectly well. Big difference though between knowing them and applying them. You think he wouldn't have 'known the rules' if that had happened the other way round. To admit to seeing that and then not giving it can only be considered cheating, it was a blatant a handball as you're likely to see.

Deansy
14-12-2017, 04:41 PM

However Clancy's very much at ease with the Hun - especially Jason Holt who spent the entire game from kick-off, 'advising' (screaming) at Clancy to book our players at every foul !!. I crazily thought (but only for a second) Clancy would eventually get sick of it and book Holt for trying to upstage him until I remembered - it's the Hun !

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2017, 05:06 PM
The linesman said he saw the incident, he's either blind or a cheat, i know which one i think.

JimBHibees
14-12-2017, 05:07 PM
No way a foul on Shaw IMO just was not strong enough

He came through the back of him the sort of foul he was giving all night.

Thecat23
14-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Linesman cheated what’s so difficult to process? He admitted he seen it, not giving the pen puts his name out there. It’s really that simple! He’s got exactly what he wanted folk talking about him.

IlDiavola
14-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Probably compared to 'not being ok'.

The guy doesn't have had to be at every Hibs game this century to know if a referee is good or bad you know.

Carheenlea
14-12-2017, 09:21 PM
I had a good view of it last night so saw what was as easy a penalty to award as you get. Watching it again tonight for first time since was still sickening. To hear Lennon say the linesman told him he saw it but didn't believe it was a penalty was even more so.

Pete
15-12-2017, 02:24 AM
Since the ref didn't see it, it's basically down to one mans interpretation of an incident after seeing it in real-time from a distance. Maybe he will look back and think he got it wrong but made an honest decision at the time...maybe he was subconsciously swayed by the potential consequences of awarding a penalty ("social unrest" etc...)

Either way it's still unacceptable that games are left to be decided like this. It's really not the officials fault as far too much pressure is being put on them by external forces...the financial beast that our game has become. They simply need help in the form of a video referee!!

An official in the stand would have mulled over that incident for a good 30 seconds (sometimes a bye kick takes longer) and awarded the penalty. We shouldn't really moan that much though, as even though there has been undoubted historic bias in the past, the video ref would have given Rangers a penalty too and probably would have given Stokes a straight red on other occasions. 😆

snooky
15-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Some time ago I recall a valid Rangers goal being disallowed for offside against (I think) Dundee United (or the like). They lost the game. This poor decision was analysed for ages by the media highlighting the injustice of it.
I stress that this was the one and only time I have seen a kosher Rangers goal disallowed and the first time such a poor decision was ever discussed so intensely.

truehibernian
15-12-2017, 03:14 AM
Fourth official definitely saw it - mind he did send off Marvin last season v Ayr, and more importantly Darren after the Morton and Duffy saga - Lenny complained about him both times. Both cards later rescinded..........just saying :cb