PDA

View Full Version : Striker needed

Ozyhibby
13-12-2017, 09:14 PM
We had nobody to lead the line today at all. That was a fantastic performance but we need to be scoring more goals.
Barker excellent 2nd half.
But need to sign a striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basildon Hibs
13-12-2017, 09:17 PM
We had nobody to lead the line today at all. That was a fantastic performance but we need to be scoring more goals.
Barker excellent 2nd half.
But need to sign a striker.

I've been saying we need two 'proven' strikers for a long time. A right good poacher being one of them .

hibbydog
13-12-2017, 09:18 PM
As someone said on another thread, Big Davy must be honking for Lennon to prefer Hanlon up front.

OxoHibby
13-12-2017, 09:19 PM
As someone said on another thread, Big Davy must be honking for Lennon to prefer Hanlon up front.

The same big Davy Lennon signed

bingo70
13-12-2017, 09:25 PM
The same big Davy Lennon signed

With the budget we’re working at a lot of signings won’t work out unfortunately.

I think Lennon will know that so interesting to see who we go for in January.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2017, 09:34 PM
I think we have problems at the other end of the park as well.

As much as we dominate games and don't take our chances, we let teams score too freely despite them having very little of the game.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2017, 09:36 PM
I can see a loan deal for a striker until the end of the season but I think Lennon will wait until the summer for a permanent signing. There will be a good few out and 4-5 in. We certainly need to strengthen up front. As for Big Dave, very strange he didn’t come on for the last 10 minutes.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Steven Dobbie would have came cheap in the summer. Maybe could have allowed us to stretch the budget for Moult

Green forever
13-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I can see a loan deal for a striker until the end of the season but I think Lennon will wait until the summer for a permanent signing. There will be a good few out and 4-5 in. We certainly need to strengthen up front. As for Big Dave, very strange he didn’t come on for the last 10 minutes.

He wasn't on the bench so couldn't come on.

Heisenberg
13-12-2017, 09:40 PM
I think we have problems at the other end of the park as well.

As much as we dominate games and don't take our chances, we let teams score too freely despite them having very little of the game.

That was always the case in the Championship as well. Marciano is very inconsistent and all of our defenders tend to have their moments.

Roxyhibee
13-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Been saying it for months. We have plenty attacking type players - but distinctly lack a poacher, poker, someone who throws his head at a ball, roughs up defenders. It's glaring now and it would vastly improve us probably more than any other SPL team because of the amount of possession we enjoy in many games.

If we don't get a suitable one, we'll lose games like this we totally dominate. We might even lose to The Yams.! It's that critical.!

Ilovehibs
13-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Been saying it for months. We have plenty attacking type players - but distinctly lack a poacher, poker, someone who throws his head at a ball, roughs up defenders. It's glaring now and it would vastly improve us probably more than any other SPL team because of the amount of possession we enjoy in many games.

If we don't get a suitable one, we'll lose games like this we totally dominate. We might even lose to The Yams.! It's that critical.!

100%

Ozyhibby
13-12-2017, 10:08 PM
That was always the case in the Championship as well. Marciano is very inconsistent and all of our defenders tend to have their moments.

Our defence is on par with Sevco but we have scored 10 less goals than them. We have a cracking side just now that’s not getting what we deserve.

MONKEY'S ERSE
13-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Yep have to agree here. If we finish 4th in our first season back up I'll not moan; BUT the frustrating thing is we all know we should be sitting well clear in second with the amount of draws / defeats ( Aberdeen, that pishy gobby mob tonight) where we've dominated games and just don't bury teams and thus they get back in the game with 1 or 2 chances. So, yes we DO need a poacher. Finding one is another question-every team in the country is looking for that nugget. What I like about Neil Lennon is that very often he is watching the same game as us fans and I'm sure he will be pursuing that that same objective. I'd (as we all would) love us to go to Celtic and say "Give us Leigh on loan" as he's now 4th or 5th choice there. Split the wage,whatever. If you don't ask......
ps I'm not convinced about Marciano.....can be brilliant,can be poor...

Mibbes Aye
13-12-2017, 10:13 PM
As with last season's 'need for width on the left', having a 'lead the line' striker or a poacher means changing things and obviously someone currently starting, dropping down, otherwise what's the point?

A 'lead the line' striker suggests to me someone who plays like Giroud - doesn't just do aerial, but more importantly is big, can hold the ball up and rustles up the defence. That means someone playing off him for his knock-ons, potentially Simon Murray? The problem is, if you then play Barker and Boyle to provide width on both sides, you only have two (SJM and Dylan, I presume) in mid, which leaves us weak. You can't play three at the back because that requires Barker and Boyle to track back and/or leaves the middle exposed if the CHs drift out left or right.

Playing a 'Giroud' with a Stokes and Murray either side sounds sweet, especially with a SJM and Dylan behind them, but you still require Lewis and Whitts/Gray to provide width, leaving a back three exposed.

Playing the 'Giroud' (Kris Boyd in old money, perhaps?) on his own means we have to cover both sides for the counter-attack, but also through the middle if SJM or Dylan are fronting up - Bartley will be exhausted! Plus that's not really the style most fans want.

For me, it's a choice between a back three that allows two up front, or a flatter back four that almost gives us an old-fashioned attacking five - Bartley sitting in front of the defence and any five from Barker, Stokes, McGinn, McGeouch, Murray, Boyle, Shaw and anyone else.

mcfly
13-12-2017, 10:23 PM
I think was clearly obvious tonight is how important Bartley is to our team.

Strength was missed in midfield as mcginn got no time or protection.

Also what does it take to get a decent ref in Scotland?

How clear a penalty was that? Utter disgrace and time for video evidence to be used for big decisions as they clearly
can’t get them right...

Ozyhibby
13-12-2017, 10:27 PM
As with last season's 'need for width on the left', having a 'lead the line' striker or a poacher means changing things and obviously someone currently starting, dropping down, otherwise what's the point?

A 'lead the line' striker suggests to me someone who plays like Giroud - doesn't just do aerial, but more importantly is big, can hold the ball up and rustles up the defence. That means someone playing off him for his knock-ons, potentially Simon Murray? The problem is, if you then play Barker and Boyle to provide width on both sides, you only have two (SJM and Dylan, I presume) in mid, which leaves us weak. You can't play three at the back because that requires Barker and Boyle to track back and/or leaves the middle exposed if the CHs drift out left or right.

Playing a 'Giroud' with a Stokes and Murray either side sounds sweet, especially with a SJM and Dylan behind them, but you still require Lewis and Whitts/Gray to provide width, leaving a back three exposed.

Playing the 'Giroud' (Kris Boyd in old money, perhaps?) on his own means we have to cover both sides for the counter-attack, but also through the middle if SJM or Dylan are fronting up - Bartley will be exhausted! Plus that's not really the style most fans want.

For me, it's a choice between a back three that allows two up front, or a flatter back four that almost gives us an old-fashioned attacking five - Bartley sitting in front of the defence and any five from Barker, Stokes, McGinn, McGeouch, Murray, Boyle, Shaw and anyone else.

Flexibility is the key. Problem is I think Lennon expected to use matulivicuos to lead the line but he has proven to be not good enough. Holt done that job last year but we needed a younger model. Lennon likes that type of forward and I’m sure we plan to bring one in.

Wheat Hound
13-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Kris Doolan. Impressive premier league scoring record with a usually struggling side. Not a world beater but would be affordable and is proven at our level.

Stuart93
13-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Think we need to everything we can to bring in a striker who's always there at the right time similar to how Cummings was. The amount of good deliveries put right across the face of goal tonight and no hibs player took a chance to go for it.

RossScott1991
13-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Stokes was honking tonight. Shaw ineffective. Murray poor.

Tonight’s striking department summed up!

-Jonesy-
13-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Cole Stockton is a pretty hefty guy...

coldingham hibs
13-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Stokes was honking tonight. Shaw ineffective. Murray poor.

Tonight’s striking department summed up!

Have to agree with this, it’s really disappointing as we played so well but I thought Shaw looked like a fish out of water tonight and Murray just didn’t get enough of the ball. Stokes did some good & bad but looks a yard short of pace. I have to say Boyle put in a few cracking balls tonight which is a huge positive as his final ball was always a weakness.

Mibbes Aye
13-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Flexibility is the key. Problem is I think Lennon expected to use matulivicuos to lead the line but he has proven to be not good enough. Holt done that job last year but we needed a younger model. Lennon likes that type of forward and I’m sure we plan to bring one in.

Certainly agree about flexibility - we've seen already how different the opposition can be, and if we push on, as I expect we will, then their tactics will also alter to reflect that, requiring us to adapt.

That's an interesting thought about Big Dave, because if it's true it's clearly not worked out. It gives Lennon a problem though, because to get the level of success we want, it's hard to fit a Holt/Giroud-style player in the same side as a SJM and a Dylan, but also a Stokes. The numbers don't add up, so something has to give.

I think I agree with you, if you're suggesting it's possible to go 'horses for courses', but that to me also suggests a need for additional players - someone who can compete with Bartley and show as an equal replacement when required, plus probably cover on the flanks that provide something approaching the traditional 'wing-back' capacity.

We will be doing well to find all those, but then again, SJM and almost certainly DMcG are going to be attracting a lot of attention, so we will need to change in set-up at some point. Hibs have generally been good at getting players to stay until the right moment for all concerned and I'm hoping that's the case with these two and we have them both, at least until the summer.

All things said, I would have taken where we are tonight, at the start of this season, but only on the expectation that we were always going to do better after New Year. There's also already room for flexibility - Efe showed up reasonably well at RB and I think Whittaker, when fully fit, could provide a back-up for Bartley (though I think I'm in a very small minority there :greengrin).

Perhaps the important point is that we have a pretty good squad and if we can enhance it then we force other teams to find a way of dealing with us, rather than the other way round. We're a good way there already, which is a great feeling.

HibsNutter
13-12-2017, 11:29 PM
We need a poacher and if Cummings was still here we could be comfortably second.

J-C
13-12-2017, 11:42 PM
It was clear at the start of the season that we were not good enough up front. Murray is unproven at this level and is still very raw at times, Shaw is a young talent but not ready to start and Stokes is starting to look a very jaded player compared to the one a few years ago.
We're also missing the guile of someone like Swanson, someone who can pick out that one pass and put it on a sixpence.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 11:45 PM
We need a poacher and if Cummings was still here we could be comfortably second.

We do need a poacher; someone to capitalise on all the good play, but they don't come cheap.

davhibby
13-12-2017, 11:47 PM
The number of balls we played across the 6 yard box and there was nobody anywhere near them is terrible. A good poacher would have had a hattrick tonight. We'd be clear in second if we had a good poacher

basehibby
14-12-2017, 12:53 AM
I reckon our Davey Vicious was brought in on the off chance he could do a job as a target man with the added bonus of maybe helping Slivka settle in - as it happens he's not been able to convince Lennon he's worth the pitch time - need to offload him in Jan and get a serious striker in that's going to push for a start - or at least a place off the bench.

Brightside
14-12-2017, 12:57 AM
the final ball is the problem. at least twice we had easy cut back for a finish but it never happened.

Captain Trips
14-12-2017, 01:18 AM
I know it all went sour but Scott Mcdonald IMO would have probably nicked 1 or 2 tonight. That is the type needed.

houstonhibbee
14-12-2017, 01:40 AM
I know it all went sour but Scott Mcdonald IMO would have probably nicked 1 or 2 tonight. That is the type needed.
if we get $4mln for SJM can we not buy Leigh for $1mln and use the other $3mln to pay his salary for the next 4 years?

Brightside
14-12-2017, 01:45 AM
if we get $4mln for SJM can we not buy Leigh for $1mln and use the other $3mln to pay his salary for the next 4 years?

we wont get 2 for SJM. people need to wake up.

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2017, 01:50 AM
We played a number of decent balls between the keeper and the 6 yard line with not a single Hibs player taking a chance to get in that area .. the one time we did Murray missed a sitter.

At this stage its not a striker to play with Stokes or Murray, its a striker capable of relegating either one of them to the bench because their output is getting more and more disappointing as the season progresses, especially Stokes.

Folk going on about Louis Moult or Leigh Griffiths need to get a grip ..... Moult will ( has apparently ) get offers from down south which will make any wages we can offer him peanuts in comparison and IMO Celtic will not let LG go out on loan. Neil Lennon is going to have to think out of the box on this one and so far it has to be said his signings have hardly set the heather on fire.

Marciano ..... A decent enough keeper, but as he showed tonight pretty hit or miss ... capable of the odd brilliant save it has to be said.

Swanson ..... I know he's had a tough time lately off the field, but its getting to the stage of Danny who?

Whittaker .... No better than David Gray that I can see, in fact Gray is without doubt quicker and a better defender.

Slivka ..... Cant get into the team, nuff said.

Mateluvicious .... I would love NL to explain just what the thinking was that made us sign him and why he cant get a game when he hasn't even been given a chance to show if he can play a full game .... this is a guy with international experience being shoved aside in the pecking order by a 19 year old kid.

Murray .... Has done ok, and if you concede that he was signed to be developed rather than as the finished article then it has to be hoped there is more to come from him.

Stokes .... As manager NL had to look at all the factors before committing a large slice of our budget on him. For me his time at Blackburn should have set alarm bells ringing and lets not pretend he was brilliant during his last loan spell here either, he was ok and saved his best performance for the cup final, something for which we will be forever grateful, but he was far from brilliant overall. To be fair to NL he had to weigh that against the player he had at Celtic and what he thought it was possible to get out of him based on past personal experience.

The question was, am I going to get Celtic Stokes or Blackburn Stokes? That was the risk Lennon took..... unfortunately I think the answer to the question so far isn't the one he, or we, wanted.

So far Neil Lennon's signings have been at best just about delivering what he had hoped for, in some cases a lot less. It does not fill me with a great deal of hope that he can pull a diamond out of the dungheap of poor and average strikers out there within our wage limit.

jacomo
14-12-2017, 02:02 AM

Are we signing Giroud? Barry.

He has his critics but I reckon he'd do well in this league.

Mibbes Aye
14-12-2017, 02:09 AM

It was a comparison, or a metaphor.

If you drop me a line, I’ll make sure I translate any posts I make into ‘literal’ for you :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
14-12-2017, 02:24 AM
I think in the long run, oli shaw is going to be exactly what we're looking for. Maybe try to get a good loan signing in this winter, but i'd be worried about stunting shaw's progress if we signed another long-term striker, unless we offload stokes.

AgentDaleCooper
14-12-2017, 02:26 AM
We played a number of decent balls between the keeper and the 6 yard line with not a single Hibs player taking a chance to get in that area .. the one time we did Murray missed a sitter.

At this stage its not a striker to play with Stokes or Murray, its a striker capable of relegating either one of them to the bench because their output is getting more and more disappointing as the season progresses, especially Stokes.

Folk going on about Louis Moult or Leigh Griffiths need to get a grip ..... Moult will ( has apparently ) get offers from down south which will make any wages we can offer him peanuts in comparison and IMO Celtic will not let LG go out on loan. Neil Lennon is going to have to think out of the box on this one and so far it has to be said his signings have hardly set the heather on fire.

Marciano ..... A decent enough keeper, but as he showed tonight pretty hit or miss ... capable of the odd brilliant save it has to be said.

Swanson ..... I know he's had a tough time lately off the field, but its getting to the stage of Danny who?

Whittaker .... No better than David Gray that I can see, in fact Gray is without doubt quicker and a better defender.

Slivka ..... Cant get into the team, nuff said.

Mateluvicious .... I would love NL to explain just what the thinking was that made us sign him and why he cant get a game when he hasn't even been given a chance to show if he can play a full game .... this is a guy with international experience being shoved aside in the pecking order by a 19 year old kid.

Murray .... Has done ok, and if you concede that he was signed to be developed rather than as the finished article then it has to be hoped there is more to come from him.

Stokes .... As manager NL had to look at all the factors before committing a large slice of our budget on him. For me his time at Blackburn should have set alarm bells ringing and lets not pretend he was brilliant during his last loan spell here either, he was ok and saved his best performance for the cup final, something for which we will be forever grateful, but he was far from brilliant overall. To be fair to NL he had to weigh that against the player he had at Celtic and what he thought it was possible to get out of him based on past personal experience.

The question was, am I going to get Celtic Stokes or Blackburn Stokes? That was the risk Lennon took..... unfortunately I think the answer to the question so far isn't the one he, or we, wanted.

So far Neil Lennon's signings have been at best just about delivering what he had hoped for, in some cases a lot less. It does not fill me with a great deal of hope that he can pull a diamond out of the dungheap of poor and average strikers out there within our wage limit.

What about ambrose and barker?

kaimendhibs
14-12-2017, 03:41 AM
Brian Graham?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Johnny_Leith
14-12-2017, 03:46 AM

Off topic I know, but it baffled me that he isn't a regular started for Arsenal.

Smartie
14-12-2017, 03:54 AM
Brian Graham?

Much maligned and under-rated player, whilst I don't think he'd necessarily have been the answer there were times this season when I thought he'd have come in handy.

Smartie
14-12-2017, 04:01 AM
I still think Stokes is key to all of this.

He looks like he needs to improve his fitness or tailor his game so that he doesn't rely as much on his mobility any more.

We haven't really worked out a role for him within the team. He can't play up front on his own, he struggles when he plays too deep, he hasn't ever really formed much of a partnership with anyone.

There is still a cracking player in there who should be playing at his peak.

With the wingers playing the way they were today, Stokes might have made a more suitable point of the attack.

Maybe it is a number 10/ creative point of the diamond that we need?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-12-2017, 04:24 AM
Much maligned and under-rated player, whilst I don't think he'd necessarily have been the answer there were times this season when I thought he'd have come in handy.

His replacement is getting less of an opportunity.

heretoday
14-12-2017, 05:23 AM
What about Big Dave? He's a striker isn't he? What's he doing on the payroll otherwise?

Just Jimmy
14-12-2017, 05:47 AM
we need a 'chris killen' type.

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2017, 06:40 AM
the final ball is the problem. at least twice we had easy cut back for a finish but it never happened.Nowt wrong with the final ball last night...plenty good ballsin across face of goal..yet nobody attacking them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2017, 06:41 AM
we wont get 2 for SJM. people need to wake up.Agreed...anyone watching him last night wont have been impressed. I thought he was very poor and FFS take him off corners and free kicks Lennon!! He overhits everything [emoji85][emoji85]

Ronniekirk
14-12-2017, 06:45 AM
Some of boyles deliveries were wicked and just begging to be slotted into the net
With Murray s pace I thought he would of been the one to profit from that Service

Fergos
14-12-2017, 06:53 AM
The issue we are experiencing is exaggerated by the fact that whilst we have some quality midfielders, they simply do not score enough goals.

GGTTH

Heisenberg
14-12-2017, 06:55 AM
The issue we are experiencing is exaggerated by the fact that whilst we have some quality midfielders, they simply do not score enough goals.

GGTTH

Our Strikers haven’t exactly been banging them in either though. Although you are spot on, we don’t have a single goalscoring midfielder in the team. Couple of key positions need looked at in January.

Jones28
14-12-2017, 07:11 AM
If Simon Murray wasn't getting out of his ****ing bed in an offside position every morning that would help too.

Captain Trips
14-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Stokes pulls wide and does his work running in, Murray wants to work too hard and that's actually an issue for poaching. Like it or not a more lazy type of player would probably been more fitting to be in right place not just last night but from day 1.

We can laugh at the Kris Boyd post and I cannot stand him but I think his type would have likely got on the end of some of those crosses and post hits.

carnoustiehibee
14-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Some of boyles deliveries were wicked and just begging to be slotted into the net
With Murray s pace I thought he would of been the one to profit from that Service

Boyles final ball is terrible, never gets his head up and picks out a man.
Also I dono if it’s lennons instructions but he never looks for the ball in between defenders always comes deep

Pretty Boy
14-12-2017, 07:42 AM
We need a midfielder or 2 who can contribute goals as well. Some of the balls into the box last night, and in countless previous games, are just begging for a late run to run onto a cutback or a player sneaking in untracked.

We don't appear to have a midfielder with the ability or desire to do that and our goal return from midfield in recent seasons has been shocking. Unless we improve our goalscoring throughout the team we will continue to drop points in games we should win because every single goal we concede at the moment is a potential game loser.

Captain Trips
14-12-2017, 08:36 AM
We need a midfielder or 2 who can contribute goals as well. Some of the balls into the box last night, and in countless previous games, are just begging for a late run to run onto a cutback or a player sneaking in untracked.

We don't appear to have a midfielder with the ability or desire to do that and our goal return from midfield in recent seasons has been shocking. Unless we improve our goalscoring throughout the team we will continue to drop points in games we should win because every single goal we concede at the moment is a potential game loser.

Agreed PB how many would Pat McGinlay have got on the end of in this team?

ancient hibee
14-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Also I dono if it’s lennons instructions but he never looks for the ball in between defenders always comes deep
When Shaw played him in he had two free in the box,never looked up and shot when the goalie already had the angle covered.Should have been two up and coasting.

Iain G
14-12-2017, 08:53 AM

Boyle put at least one lovely ball in the box which Murray would have scored with if he had swung his left foot at it...

J-C
14-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Swanson was brought in to be that goal scoring midfielder but he's hardly kicked a ball in anger for us, we never signed anyone similar as cover, Fraser Murray is still young but why not give him an opportunity to fill that void, or play Slivka which allows SJM to push further forward. I lost count the number of times I as shouting at them to shoot last night, we just don't do that enough.

carnoustiehibee
14-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Boyle put at least one lovely ball in the box which Murray would have scored with if he had swung his left foot at it...

A player who’s only job is to get to the byline and set up goals for the forwards and you give me one example in 90mins says it all.

Leith Green
14-12-2017, 09:40 AM
A player who’s only job is to get to the byline and set up goals for the forwards and you give me one example in 90mins says it all.

Boyle played wing back for a large part of the game yesterday , so had defensive duties as well surely?

Smartie
14-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Boyle and Barker were skinning their fullbacks for fun yesterday and very often got into promising positions to deliver a cross.

The problem is, I don't know what they're expected to do once they get there. It looked to me like countless good balls were played in tat nobody got onto the end of.

Lewis got into a decent position for cutback to a deeper position but Stokes (??) didn't seem to get into space and anticipate it well enough that he could get a shot away.

The wide players seem an easy target to me. I thought that they did their part, and that it was the fault of other players that we didn't capitalise better on the good work of Boyle and Barker.

(I actually though that this was down to Jason Cummings, but this is a problem that we seem to have continued with since he left).

Captain Trips
14-12-2017, 10:08 AM
When Shaw played him in he had two free in the box,never looked up and shot when the goalie already had the angle covered.Should have been two up and coasting.

Boyle is erratic and this will always happen, next time he will square it probably but yeah that whole incident should of had us 2 up.

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2017, 12:40 PM
What about ambrose and barker?

Ha ha, that's what I get for posting in the middle of the night. Yes I forgot about them, Barker was excellent last night and I thought Efe was too. That tips the balance more in favour of NL when it comes to the success of his signings .... but I'm still struggling to see where he is going to come up with a striker worth the shirt, they are as rare as bloody hen's teeth for clubs with our budget.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Ha ha, that's what I get for posting in the middle of the night. Yes I forgot about them, Barker was excellent last night and I thought Efe was too. That tips the balance more in favour of NL when it comes to the success of his signings .... but I'm still struggling to see where he is going to come up with a striker worth the shirt, they are as rare as bloody hen's teeth for clubs with our budget.

They are available though. Aberdeen have Rooney and May. Motherwell had Moult, Ross County had Boyce. We are bringing ina lot of money to the club just now with crowds higher than they have been in my lifetime. We also know that we are about to receive a large fee for McGinn. It’s time we got ina quality striker to ensure we qualify for Europe next season.

IlDiavola
14-12-2017, 04:40 PM
A striker to replace Stokes is required. Someone that will put in a shift.

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Our Strikers haven’t exactly been banging them in either though. Although you are spot on, we don’t have a single goalscoring midfielder in the team. Couple of key positions need looked at in January.Which is why we will never get 5m for SJM imo

IlDiavola
14-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Which is why we will never get 5m for SJM imo

Bite someones hand off for 1M. 5M is pie in the sky.

14-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Absolutely need another striker and someone to put the chances away. We're creating so much but just not getting the final product.

IlDiavola
14-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Absolutely need another striker and someone to put the chances away. We're creating so much but just not getting the final product.

:aok: Summed up beautifully there.