PDA

View Full Version : No penalty?!

SouthMoroccoStu
13-12-2017, 09:01 PM
As Lennon said in his post match interview, you’ll never see a more blatant penalty not given

Would love to see him asking the officials to justify that joke of a decision

Clancy got zero help from the assistant on the east stand side

Incompetent or cheat? This time it’s most certainly the latter

DarlingtonHibee
13-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Cheat

scuttle
13-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Cheat

Both

murray26
13-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Terrible decision but not surprising

givescotlandfreedom
13-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Cheat. As was not giving the hun a second yellow at 1-0 for his assault on McGinn.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2017, 09:04 PM
As Lennon said in his post match interview, you’ll never see a more blatant penalty not given

Sadly for Scottish football, it wasn't good old fashioned incompetence, the linesman took one for the lodge there.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Willie Miller on Sportsound reckoned it was a definite pen apparently. Couldn’t tell from where I was sitting. No luck second half.

Callum_62
13-12-2017, 09:10 PM
The ref you could possibly excuse (altho its that blatant maybe not)

The linesman however was looking right at it

He couldn't fail to have seen it

https://twitter.com/NaCeiltighAbu/status/941055988089720833

18Craig75
13-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Stonewaller, I was right behind the linesman. Terrible performance from all officials tonight. Morales 7 fouls, leaves the pitch celebrating and a ‘get it up ye’ for good measure = no booking.

But having said that, we let the EBT scandal go without a dissenting word against it so do we have any right to feel aggrieved by injustices like we witnessed tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OxoHibby
13-12-2017, 09:17 PM
The ref you could possibly excuse (altho its that blatant maybe not)

The linesman however was looking right at it

He couldn't fail to have seen it
Watch the highlights. Looked on TV like a pen but the ref couldn't see it. Linesman definitely could. Blatant handball but this is where the bias kicks in as well. Sky tried to play it down by saying he 'lent into it". That said hibs should have won easily

13-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Stonewalled, I was right behind the linesman. Terrible performance from all officials tonight. Morales 7 fouls, leaves the pitch celebrating and a ‘get it up ye’ for good measure = no booking.

But having said that, we let the EBT scandal go without a dissenting word against it so do we have any right to feel aggrieved by injustices like we witnessed tonight.

Your second paragraph is tiresome drivel.

hhibs
13-12-2017, 09:26 PM

No it is not,allowing fraud and corruption to go unpunished has just encouraged those responsible continuation of cheating which is systemic in Scottish football.

Pickle
13-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Do EBT's over 10 yrs ago really affect today's result?

Eesti
13-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Its not drivel its another opinion and in my view a valid one....

LaMotta
13-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Willie Miller on Sportsound reckoned it was a definite pen apparently. Couldn’t tell from where I was sitting. No luck second half.

astonishing it wasnt given....most blatant handball ive ever seen in the box.

Yeah it’s hibs fault the officials made a wrong decision. Grow up ffs.

blackpoolhibs
No it is not,allowing fraud and corruption to go unpunished has just encouraged those responsible continuation of cheating which is systemic in Scottish football.

Well said, but apparently we just move on and accept it. That decision by the linesman is ANOTHER piece of cheating to help them get back to their rightful place, there is no other reason he would not raise his flag for a penalty.

Suck it up lads, nothing changes our club voted for this.

hhibs
13-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Yeah it’s hibs fault the officials made a wrong decision. Grow up ffs.

WTF ? context ???

LaMotta
13-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Well said, but apparently we just move on and accept it. That decision by the linesman is ANOTHER piece of cheating to help them get back to their rightful place, there is no other reason he would not raise his flag for a penalty.

linesman told lennon after the game he seen it but didnt think it was a pen. :faf:

Eesti

Suck it up lads, nothing changes our club voted for this.Agreed and anyone who thinks it outlandish that such cheating should happen in the modern game is naive.

Yep, I saw the referees consult the statement by Hibs before waving away the penalty claim. Laughable pish. Just a crap decision by crap officials.

18Craig75
13-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Got to laugh at the ‘just move on brigade’ who continue to pretend that there isn’t a sizeable portion of fans who still feel strongly about this issue - we’ll never know how many exactly because we weren’t asked, but that’s a different matter.

It’s a shame to be thinking about this after what was a great second half performance. But at the end of the day we’ve been clearly cheated, and will continue to be.

Deansy
13-12-2017, 09:43 PM

That's your opinon - it's certainly not mine !

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-12-2017, 09:44 PM
How many red cards have rangers had this season?

Any decision that goes against us vs the old firm always returns the same pish.

The refs in this country are shocking. We've had decisions go for and against us against the old firm this season.

Stonewaller tonight but the "cheating" or "he's a mason" BS is as bad as the stuff that comes from the west coast

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 09:46 PM

He said he did ask the linesman and he told him he saw it but didn’t think it was a penalty...

P45 time.

easty
13-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Got to laugh at the ‘just move on brigade’ who continue to pretend that there isn’t a sizeable portion of fans who still feel strongly about this issue - we’ll never know how many exactly because we weren’t asked, but that’s a different matter.

It’s a shame to be thinking about this after what was a great second half performance. But at the end of the day we’ve been clearly cheated, and will continue to be.

The "just move on brigade"? Either think of a better name for them or don't use a collective name at all.

Are you part of the "we didnae get a pen cos we let them away wi the EBTs brigade"?

neil7908
13-12-2017, 09:49 PM
We need video reviews and a revolution in refereeing in this country.

Sadly our current administrators have zero credibility. As long as they are around change will never occur.

DavidDavidGray
13-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Stonewall penalty however game should’ve been wrapped up long before if we remembered how to finish

18Craig75
13-12-2017, 09:50 PM
The "just move on brigade"? Either think of a better name for them or don't use a collective name at all.

Are you part of the "we didnae get a pen cos we let them away wi the EBTs brigade"?

I’d say probably more ‘we rolled over and accepted cheating of the highest order to go unchallenged and so now we can only stand by, watch and accept whilst the rangers continue to cheat their way back to the top, aided by the corrupt officials and governing bodies of scottish football, brigade’

Stuart93
13-12-2017, 09:55 PM
It's just pure and simple cheating

WeveGotMcginn
13-12-2017, 10:05 PM
That Bates is an absolute bombscare as well, smash and grab if I’ve ever saw one tonight. Dominated the gsme

emerald green
13-12-2017, 10:06 PM
These sort of decisions by referees and linesmen, favouring the Ibrox club in particular, have been happening for decades. It was happening long before EBTs were even invented. Some things never change.

Whatever the reason(s) for these inexplicable decisions, it stinks to high heaven. Sick and tired of hearing it's all down to "incompetence".

capitals_finest
13-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Did anyone get the linesman's name?

How is it possible to miss that? I m interested to follow this guy's career.

ancient hibee
13-12-2017, 10:14 PM
We’ve now had two games in a row when anOF player should have received a second yellow and been sent off.The refusal to administer the rules is depressing but nothing new.

Jones28
13-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Stonewaller, I was right behind the linesman. Terrible performance from all officials tonight. Morales 7 fouls, leaves the pitch celebrating and a ‘get it up ye’ for good measure = no booking.

Drivel.

Argylehibby
13-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Both their goals came from moves started by a foul against us being ignored. The penalty wasn't the only decision that cost us tonight.

Jones28
13-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Lady Luck deserted us tonight. Twice off the post, numerous balls in to the box that our "strikers" were nowhere near, Murray has a fresh air swipe at a tap in and no penalty for hand ball. To cap it all it was against those absolute mutants. I hate watching them celebrate more than the ****ing jambos.

The_Sauz
13-12-2017, 10:27 PM
So if Hibs had either complained or give our super fans a say on the EBT's, then this game would never have happened :confused:
I did not know we had so much sway on Scottish football :rolleyes:
What other club apart from Celtic wanted to pursue the matter?

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 10:28 PM
It was scandalous; the epitome of an Old Firm referee.

The_Sauz
13-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Both their goals came from moves started by a foul against us being ignored. The penalty wasn't the only decision that cost us tonight.
I know the first came from a foul against a Hibs player, but did not see the foul leading to the second one :confused:

The_Sauz
13-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Lady Luck deserted us tonight. Twice off the post, numerous balls in to the box that our "strikers" were nowhere near, Murray has a fresh air swipe at a tap in and no penalty for hand ball. To cap it all it was against those absolute mutants. I hate watching them celebrate more than the ****ing jambos.
Did Boyle not hit the post in first half :confused:

HIGHLANDLEITHER
13-12-2017, 10:42 PM
These sort of decisions by referees and linesmen, favouring the Ibrox club in particular, have been happening for decades. It was happening long before EBTs were even invented. Some things never change.

Whatever the reason(s) for these inexplicable decisions, it stinks to high heaven. Sick and tired of hearing it's all down to "incompetence".
Yes watched it happen for years and when there is factual evidence of their cheating( EBT’s) too many decide to move on.

hibby6270
13-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Did Boyle not hit the post in first half :confused:

Nah. Heard a few folk saying that at halftime but the keeper actually saved it.

Spike Mandela
14-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Do EBT's over 10 yrs ago really affect today's result?

No...BUT.......the authorities reaction to the biggest example of cheating in British football and their reluctance to hold an independent review of their handling of this sitiation tells you all you need to know about them and what they have to hide.

With us and other clubs meekly letting them ‘move on’ do you think they are now going to bother about officials blatantly cheating in individual games?

Our game is corrupt and we can expect a lot more decisions against us against the likes of Rangers and Hearts and frankly, it serves us right.

Argylehibby
14-12-2017, 11:01 AM
I know the first came from a foul against a Hibs player, but did not see the foul leading to the second one :confused:

Defender shoved then ran through Shaw to get to the ball.