PDA

View Full Version : Tribute tonight

Hibby soldier
13-12-2017, 12:39 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/tribute-to-lifelong-hibs-fan-during-rangers-match-tonight-1-4638259

erin go bragh
13-12-2017, 04:28 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/tribute-to-lifelong-hibs-fan-during-rangers-match-tonight-1-4638259

Seen this on my FB . Rip fellow Hibernian . I'll certainly be applauding on the 46th min ( At least none of us will go up to the big guy in the sky without having seen Hibs win that cup )

Gmack7
13-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Seen this on my FB . Rip fellow Hibernian . I'll certainly be applauding on the 46th min ( At least none of us will go up to the big guy in the sky without having seen Hibs win that cup )

Gary was a great guy and followed HIBS right up to the end .his family and friends would really appreciate this

Arch Stanton
13-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Am a bit confused by this quote - "“We are trying to organise a minutes applause for the first minute of the second half at the Rangers match on Wednesday night for our much loved mucker Gary Flannigan who sadly passed away last tue morning after a long,hard and courageous 3 year battle with cancer,” reads an online post."

Now, isn't the 46th minute the second minute of the half?

Not that it'll matter - it'll start when the scoreboard says 46 I'd imagine

hibbysam
13-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Am a bit confused by this quote - "“We are trying to organise a minutes applause for the first minute of the second half at the Rangers match on Wednesday night for our much loved mucker Gary Flannigan who sadly passed away last tue morning after a long,hard and courageous 3 year battle with cancer,” reads an online post."

Now, isn't the 46th minute the second minute of the half?

Not that it'll matter - it'll start when the scoreboard says 46 I'd imagine

Not wanting to sound pedantic, but the 46th minute is the 1st minute of the second half.

Arch Stanton
13-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Not wanting to sound pedantic, but the 46th minute is the 1st minute of the second half.

Never! Next you'll be telling me that the millenium started in 2001.:greengrin

That's probably what's confusing me actually - the clock starts off showing "1", doesn't it.

Ilovehibs
13-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Never! Next you'll be telling me that the millenium started in 2001.:greengrin

That's probably what's confusing me actually - the clock starts off showing "1", doesn't it.

To get back on track, RIP Gary. You fought the good fight.

joe breezy
13-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Missed the game on TV tonight as was late back from work.
Hope the tribute went well.
RIP Gary - one of the nicest guys you could ever meet

ehf
13-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Missed the game on TV tonight as was late back from work.
Hope the tribute went well.
RIP Gary - one of the nicest guys you could ever meet

It did go well and, to be fair, most of the away fans joined in.

norhfc
13-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Yes, a well observed round of applause from where I was in the east, only met him once this summer but remember him as a nice guy RIP

Sir David Gray
13-12-2017, 11:50 PM
The applause seemed to take place in the 45th minute but it was certainly well observed.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 11:51 PM
The applause seemed to take place in the 45th minute but it was certainly well observed.

When the scoreboard says 45 that means it’s the 46th minute.

For once it was actually done in the “correct” minute.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2017, 12:10 AM
When the scoreboard says 45 that means it’s the 46th minute.

For once it was actually done in the “correct” minute.

Fair enough, I've just always seen these things done whenever the scoreboard displays the minute that relates to the person's age.

What you said makes sense although I always thought it was done so that the person's age was displayed on the scoreboard rather than to mark the actual minute (the minute before).

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2017, 07:16 AM
Fair enough, I've just always seen these things done whenever the scoreboard displays the minute that relates to the person's age.

What you said makes sense although I always thought it was done so that the person's age was displayed on the scoreboard rather than to mark the actual minute (the minute before).

Same here mate - not sure how/why it was done “early” this time.