12-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Interesting stuff

http://celticbynumberscom.ipage.com/the-king-and-the-pretender/

hibbydog
12-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Good read that

Hibs4185
12-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Really interesting stuff and gives you a good insight into the modern data and statistic side of football.

It mentioned a couple of times that SJM’s stats were similar to Ntcham’s. Ntcham cost £5 million so maybe Lennon is right after all in regards to SJM’s value...not that we will get £5 million.

cammy1969
12-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Really interesting stuff and gives you a good insight into the modern data and statistic side of football.

It mentioned a couple of times that SJM’s stats were similar to Ntcham’s. Ntcham cost £5 million so maybe Lennon is right after all in regards to SJM’s value...not that we will get £5 million.

Yeah m8 my thoughts exactly, if we break it down Scotty brown cost £4.5 million 10 years plus service money well spent some may even say a steal John mcginn £5 or £6 million stays as long good deal for both clubs,as to buy that talent out with Scotland would be out there price range imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenlex
12-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Would also bear out my belief that the tactics were spot on.

matty_f
12-12-2017, 09:09 PM
That's an excellent article, very interesting and insightful.

macca70
12-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Very interesting, the McGinn v Brown stats are not really comparable though as Brown appeared to be sitting just in front of their defence and therefore McGinn man marking him meant McGinn was In a much more advanced midfield role.

Brown seemed much deeper than McGinn. I do think McGinn is destined for Celtic though, he seems to play his best games against them too.

houstonhibbee
12-12-2017, 11:34 PM
"Find a striker and play stokes at 10 and we will be second".........

TRC
13-12-2017, 09:23 AM
How in-depth is that article amazing

EastThomasSTboy
13-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Read a few of his previous articles as well....very very good reading.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Ozyhibby
13-12-2017, 09:48 AM
How in-depth is that article amazing

They do it for every Celtic game. The backpass rule blog we’re looking for someone to analyse the data for Hibs games.
This is the kind of data our recruitment team are using now to identify players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Modfather
13-12-2017, 10:51 AM
They do it for every Celtic game. The backpass rule blog we’re looking for someone to analyse the data for Hibs games.
This is the kind of data our recruitment team are using now to identify players.

Scary to think about our recruitment nowcompared to the Fenlon/Butcher days and using Wikipedia! 😱

MacGruber
13-12-2017, 10:59 AM
"Find a striker and play stokes at 10 and we will be second".........

Found him - Simon Murray :)

Baker9
13-12-2017, 11:08 AM
A good read with the following most interesting:

"Most impressively, 23% of McGinn’s passes took out at least 1 Celtic player (packed) for a Pass Impect score of 37. Only Boyata (51) and Ntcham (39) had higher Pass Impect scores but you have to consider they had 109 and 76 completed passes respectively, compared to McGinn’s 22. In addition, McGinn’s Dribble Impect score of 9 was higher than any player on either side."

Pass impact and dribble impact are worth their weight in gold.

bubblesmorrison
14-12-2017, 11:09 AM
How would one go about getting this kind of information? Just re watching the game or is their a tick behind all of this. Something I would love to learn more about.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2017, 09:25 PM
How would one go about getting this kind of information? Just re watching the game or is their a tick behind all of this. Something I would love to learn more about.

Not exactly sure but I think they use a program called wyscout. No idea how it works.

bubblesmorrison
15-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Not exactly sure but I think they use a program called wyscout. No idea how it works.

Been incontact with them today and it is really not an easy process that he uses guys spends about 8 hours per game pitting together his information.

stoneyburn hibs
15-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Good article on what was a fascinating battle between SJM and Brown.