PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Rangers pre match thoughts

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Games coming thick and fast, another massive game for Hibs tomorrow, with the visit of Rangers
I wouldn’t expect major changes, but looking at some of the injuries we picked up on Saturday, I’d expect a couple of changes, unless Neil decides to freshen up, as it’s a pretty demanding week we have
Possible starts could include McGregor, Shaw or Murray
We played 352 at Ibrox in August, could play this formation, or put Ambrose at right back?
It’s a massive 3 points if we win

Mikey
12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Would like to see Ambrose at right back and Shaw up front, with Stokes in behind.

The big question is............ Can it be 3-2 yet again?

Captain Trips
12-12-2017, 06:44 PM
I think we really can take them and put another marker down.

3-1 to us, no Jack and no Dormans.

we are hibs
12-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Hopefully the atmosphere is as intimidating as possible. Make those Hun players wish they were anywhere but leith on a cold December night.

SChibs
12-12-2017, 06:52 PM
I honestly think this could go either way and I can't call it. Hopefully a decent win though

Bostonhibby
12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Can see us winning this okay. Boyle stokes and Murray up front please. Let stokes have his fun with tavernier

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
12-12-2017, 06:59 PM
3-2 Hibs, obviously.

ian cruise
12-12-2017, 07:00 PM
3 - 0, they'll be hard pressed to get by Rocky if he's in the form he was on Saturday.

HFCdeb
12-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Pre-match thoughts are that The Rangers are gash and I'm hoping the hatred will keep me warm in very cold weather.

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 07:03 PM
I'll take 1-0, a pitch invasion and 500 damaged seats just hear the whiney west coast media bleat all the way back along the M8.

Jones28
12-12-2017, 07:03 PM
They're pish.

If the team that starts is the same team that finished the game on Sunday then we will win comfortably.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Another game I’m wary of overconfidence.

Rangers have won 3 in a row and will be growing in confidence. We made life difficult for ourselves at Ibrox by starting poorly and then failing to take our chances to kill the game and we ended up hanging on in the last 5 minutes rather than absolutely humping them.

We’ll need to be at close to our best to make sure we get 3 points and we need to take our chances and cut out the daft mistakes.

2-1 Hibs in a tight and tense game,

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 07:06 PM
We should be looking to win this; Rangers are terrible and still don't have a manager. Go for the throat from the off and take the game to them. The support will be right up for this. I think we'll win 2-0 and look comfortable.

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Too tough to call. Could go either way. I’ve a feeling we’ll be the better team but will be undone by appalling refereeing.

Which is seldom a feeling I have against Rangers if seldom means 4-6 times per season.

Mikey
12-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Another game I’m wary of overconfidence.

Rangers have won 3 in a row and will be growing in confidence. We made life difficult for ourselves at Ibrox by starting poorly and then failing to take our chances to kill the game and we ended up hanging on in the last 5 minutes rather than absolutely humping them.

We’ll need to be at close to our best to make sure we get 3 points and we need to take our chances and cut out the daft mistakes.

2-1 Hibs in a tight and tense game,

Yep. They've beaten Aberdeen twice very recently and won't lack confidence.

18Hibee75
12-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Part of me thinks a 4-3-3 with boyle or Barker on the left to give Tavernier a torrid time and, once again, find him out.
Another part of me says a 3-5-2 with Stokes and Murray up front and boyle RWB.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
12-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Hope we don't go easy on them and really go for the hammering. Same intensity as we show in derbys, straight from the off. Hate that vile institution.

JohnMcM
12-12-2017, 07:21 PM
I remarked on the Celtic at home thread, regarding the next team selection.

I stand by my comment, that I now paraphrase ,,,,,,,,,,, " after the substitutions and tactical changes by NL against Celtic, I haven't got a Scooby".

3-2 us, of that I am sure.

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Its going to be a tough game ... its all very well going on about how gash they are, but they have beaten the team 2nd in the league home and away in recent weeks and that's something we would be cock a hoop about if we had done it.

Having said that, they had a bit of a struggle against Ross County last Saturday and from the highlights it was encouraging to see how many decent chances Ross County made, in fact they missed a couple of very decent opportunities ..... If our defence holds firm we will make chances that I'm sure of, but we cant ignore the fact that they are also the leagues 2nd top scorers with 35 goals, 9 more than us and only 3 less than Celtic, though they have played a game more.

It wont be a pumping, I don't know if anybody has noticed but we don't pump teams, what it will be is a tight game and if there is a winner it will be 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 something like that.

Its a game we can win that's for sure, but its not going to be the cakewalk some folk seem to think it'll be.

Johnny_Leith
13-12-2017, 03:16 AM
Put your house on over 2.5 goals.

jax67
13-12-2017, 04:44 AM
My pre match thoughts are that Scotland leaving Hampden, and talk that Hampden could be knocked down, are a smokescreen for The The rangers to come in and save the day, by moving to Hampden because their stadium is crumbling around them. But hey, that’s a whole other thread.😉

Sir David Gray
13-12-2017, 06:27 AM
I think we are more than capable of winning tonight but we're also more than capable of losing.

I think we're two quite evenly matched teams and I'm quite wary of calling them terrible or gash or any other similar adjectives.

They are currently joint second in the league, 3 points ahead of us so if they're so terrible it doesn't say much for us.

They're certainly not the force they once were though and at Easter Road I'm certainly confident we can have the measure of them but I'm under no illusions that tonight is going to be easy.

2-1 to the good guys.

JimBHibees
13-12-2017, 07:03 AM
Too tough to call. Could go either way. I’ve a feeling we’ll be the better team but will be undone by appalling refereeing.

Which is seldom a feeling I have against Rangers if seldom means 4-6 times per season.

:not worth :tee hee::faf:

JimBHibees
13-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Very tough game they have decent players going forward and good energy and pace. Really important we match runners from midfield as we aren't the best at that and in Holt and Windass they have runners. Think it will be a decent open game and time for Stokes to get on the scoresheet. Need to defend better than we did on Sunday.

Godsahibby
13-12-2017, 07:19 AM
No dorrans or Jack and putting all their hopes on a young midfielder who’s carrying a knock they’ve won 3 on the bounce but were very poor against county

2-0 Hibs.

Gatecrasher
13-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Will be a hard game tonight and we'll need to be at our best to get something.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Tight game, one goal in it either way.

douglashibs
13-12-2017, 07:46 AM
I’m just hoping Stokes keeps his head and doesn’t get himself sent off. He was lucky to stay on the pitch at Ibrox.

frazeHFC
13-12-2017, 07:54 AM
I think I'm being too confident for tonight, but it's a good feeling to have. 3-1 Hibs

Hibrandenburg
13-12-2017, 07:55 AM
They won't be as confident as their previous incarnation were. Gone are the days when they expect to win every game and they will be nervous. We've given them reason to respect us in recent clashes so I think they'll sit in and hope to catch us on the break, trouble is I think we will do similar meaning a low scoring draw.

number9dream
13-12-2017, 07:55 AM
I’m just hoping Stokes keeps his head and doesn’t get himself sent off. He was lucky to stay on the pitch at Ibrox.

Yup. We need some controlled devilment from Stokesy. He needs to rattle Tavernier and others without giving the officials a chance to reach for the cards...

If both right-backs are crocked, then it probably has to be a 3-5-2. Stokes and Murray did well at Ibrox but were pretty hopeless together at Thistle. Shaw would be a bit of a gamble in such a big game.

danhibees1875
13-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Bad teams don't beat Aberdeen twice in a week and sit second in the league. However, we certainly have the ability to win this one if we cut out silly mistakes and use our chances well. 1-0 Hibs in a scrappy encounter.

TheGreenMan
13-12-2017, 08:11 AM
What is their team likely to be and what formation? Not sure if they'll stick with a diamond 442 with Jack and McCrorie maybe out too.

Hopefully that McCrorie is out, he looked good in DM both games v The Sheep.

I think we might go 352 with not having a natural RB available and Daz coming in with Boyle on the right. Allows us 2 up which worked at Ibrox and a certain game at Hampden too 😁

Steve20
13-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Far too close to call. Could go either way.

Reckon both teams to score is a certainty.

ian cruise
13-12-2017, 08:27 AM
No dorrans or Jack and putting all their hopes on a young midfielder who’s carrying a knock they’ve won 3 on the bounce but were very poor against county

2-0 Hibs.

This is the first time they've won 3 on the bounce since Warburton left, so I'm not convinced it's the start of an epic run. Hibs win.

Hermit Crab
13-12-2017, 08:57 AM
They might sneak this one, especially if we defend like we did on Sunday for the first 70 minutes. Cant be careless with passing and mark Miller out the game.

Since90+2
13-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Although guys like Jack , Dorrans & McCrorie (who are all likely to be missing) are not world beaters they can compete physically and i'm not sure the Sevco Portugese/Mexican contingent will be the same. If we can get at them I have a feeling we may be able to run over the top of them with pace and power.

I am confident we will win this one.

JimBHibees
13-12-2017, 09:38 AM
What is their team likely to be and what formation? Not sure if they'll stick with a diamond 442 with Jack and McCrorie maybe out too.

Hopefully that McCrorie is out, he looked good in DM both games v The Sheep.

I think we might go 352 with not having a natural RB available and Daz coming in with Boyle on the right. Allows us 2 up which worked at Ibrox and a certain game at Hampden too 😁

They played 442 with a narrow diamond v Ross who had loads of joy out wide in a 4141 formation. Their full backs push on and struggle to get back and we should be able to take advantage. Will be interesting to see how they play tonight and to me we should play 352 as their runners from midfield are a threat and an extra central defender should help. We will create chances of that I have no doubt.

Nevi_SOL
13-12-2017, 10:14 AM
I’m gonna go against the grain here and go 3-0 Hibs rather than our usual 3-2

jacomo
13-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Rocky

Efe Daz PH Lewis

Marv Dylan

SJM

Squirrel Shaw Stokes

This is my team.

chrisski33
13-12-2017, 11:03 AM
too much confidence floating around, however this Hibs team is different and have sense of achieving things and in the past if we have this confidence we fall flat on our faces. this The rangers team since pedro has left have been pulling performances out when it matters ie against Aberdeen twice and can see them doing it tonight but im going for a 2-2 draw tbh

Thecat23
13-12-2017, 11:06 AM
I’ve honestly no idea how we’ll set up. I thought Lennon would at least attack Celtic but seemed to just bend over to them for 75 mins. That cannot happen against this mob. Lennon must go all out attack because this isn’t Celtic this is The Rangers who are very average at best.

3-5-2 for me.

G B Young
13-12-2017, 11:36 AM
too much confidence floating around, however this Hibs team is different and have sense of achieving things and in the past if we have this confidence we fall flat on our faces. this The rangers team since pedro has left have been pulling performances out when it matters ie against Aberdeen twice and can see them doing it tonight but im going for a 2-2 draw tbh

No reason not to be confident. We're unquestionably capable of winning. However, that's not to say it won't be a very tough game and I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw.

rotherhamrob
13-12-2017, 12:15 PM
If we can get 4 points from the next 2 games we'll have had a good week.
If I had the choice a win tonight and a draw on Saturday.
As for tonight we need to stop tav crosses into our box,we can Slag him off defensively but I wish we had someone who can put a ball in like he does.

Nicho87
13-12-2017, 12:24 PM
My Jambo Pal of topic sending me a pic that their still 3rd highest average attendance. I pointed out give us a few games at murrayfield to boost ours further. Asked him how many times has tynecastle been sold out, didn't answer. He asked me where were you all at Hampden. They really are a deluded bunch.

Anyway Mon the hibees tonight. Love night games

JDHibs
13-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Be very surprised is we dont line up 3-5-2.

They are dodgy at the back, Murray and Stokes will worry them.

They have injuries and suspensions in midfield, so that formation gives McGeouch Bartley and Mcginn and excellent chance of dominating the midfield, where this game will be won or lost.

With Gray and Whitty injury doubts, means we wont play a 4 at the back unless Efe moves to RB which i cant see.

hibbysam
13-12-2017, 12:38 PM
We will definitely have our 3 in the middle of the park, McGinn McGeough and Bartley, it’s just a question of whether it is a 4-5-1/4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

The answer to that all depends on whether Lennon wants to take Ambrose out of Centre half where he has been excellent to fill him in at right back.

SirDavidsNapper
13-12-2017, 12:42 PM
I had a feeling we'd beat Celtic, we came a goal line clearance away from doing so. I'm convinced we'll beat Sevco. Boyle and McGinn should have a field day running at them.

renato
13-12-2017, 12:47 PM
My Jambo Pal of topic sending me a pic that their still 3rd highest average attendance. I pointed out give us a few games at murrayfield to boost ours further. Asked him how many times has tynecastle been sold out, didn't answer. He asked me where were you all at Hampden. They really are a deluded bunch.

Anyway Mon the hibees tonight. Love night games

Ask him how many they took to their semi with Celtc, when Craig “can’t afford his wages” Beattie scored to send them through (and they inexplicably didn’t concede a stonewall penalty too, IIRC). 11k. And that was a SC semi, not the wee cup either.

Or when they couldn’t fill ER against ICT, in an actual LC semi...

adhibs
13-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Lennon will have us all over them from the first minute. Cant wait, 2-0 hibs.

Lago
13-12-2017, 01:42 PM
I’ve honestly no idea how we’ll set up. I thought Lennon would at least attack Celtic but seemed to just bend over to them for 75 mins. That cannot happen against this mob. Lennon must go all out attack because this isn’t Celtic this is The Rangers who are very average at best.

3-5-2 for me.

No dressing room leaks from Ibrox:greengrin

andybev1
13-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I think Murray will be in the team and will be raring to go, just like the last time he was left out of a couple or so games - he came out (was it the hearts game?) and scored.

ballengeich
13-12-2017, 01:55 PM
There's been a few games (Sunday and at Ibrox for example) when we've got off to a slow start and had to come from behind later. I hope we get at them from the first whistle like we did against Hearts.

KeithTheHibby
13-12-2017, 01:57 PM
I don't rate the Huns one bit. They don't have any players that could possibly intimidate us. They have players who I have never heard of.
In saying that we will need to play well and keep our concentration. That game on Sunday will have taken it out of us so hopefully a few days recovery.
We need to start how we did against Hearts. I would have McGregor in for Whittaker and either Shaw or Murray in for Barker.

AZhibee
13-12-2017, 02:13 PM
I hate The rangers.

Brightside
13-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Really hope its a 352.

Rocky

Daz, Efe, Paul

Boyle, SJM, Marv, Dylan, Lewie

Murray Stokes

Thecat23
13-12-2017, 02:19 PM
No dressing room leaks from Ibrox:greengrin

Haha sadly no! They are confident as usual but that’s it.

Thecat23
13-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Really hope its a 352.

Rocky

Daz, Efe, Paul

Murray Stokes

That’s the side i’d play as well.

TheGreenMan
13-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Really hope its a 352.

Rocky

Daz, Efe, Paul

Murray Stokes

Switch Daz & Efe and I'd go with that too probably.

Haymaker
13-12-2017, 02:32 PM
My pre match thoughts are that Scotland leaving Hampden, and talk that Hampden could be knocked down, are a smokescreen for The The rangers to come in and save the day, by moving to Hampden because their stadium is crumbling around them. But hey, that’s a whole other thread.😉

... I never thought of that.

SeanWilson
13-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Play the team and formation of the last 15 mins on Sunday. Do not sit of them and press from the off with three attackers and we'll murder them.

heretoday
13-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Another draw I reckon.

Fuzzywuzzy
13-12-2017, 03:25 PM
1-0 to us

Hibee87
13-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Hibs win and another bonkers statement to double our fun :flag::nlgwa:flag:

Col2
13-12-2017, 03:38 PM
2-0 Hibs.

Lots of booing and walking away from the mutants.

SOL and a GIRUY at the end.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-12-2017, 03:44 PM
.....................Rocky....................

......McGregor...Efe....Hanlon.........

.....................Marv......................

Boyle...................................Lewis

...............Dylan......SJM................

....................Stokes.....................
....................Murray.....................

shetlandhibee
13-12-2017, 04:10 PM
............................rocky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, ,,efe mgregor hanlon marv boyle dylan sjm lewis stokes shaw

shetlandhibee
13-12-2017, 04:12 PM
............................rocky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, ,,efe mgregor hanlon marv boyle dylan sjm lewis stokes shaw
marv sitting in, stokes out more on left, mgregor in centre of as back 3:agree:

Hibs90
13-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Either 3 at the back or Daz/Efe will play right back

hibsbollah
13-12-2017, 04:17 PM
We're going to win 3-1, two sendings off, touchline shenanigans, statements afterwards. Im super excited about this one, taking Bollah Jr to his first huns game:nlgwa

Northernhibee
13-12-2017, 04:26 PM
I'd go for

Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Lewis

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Barker

Lago
13-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Haha sadly no! They are confident as usual but that’s it.

Hopefully over confident.

Lago
13-12-2017, 04:39 PM
1-0 to us

Yip it will be tight, could go either way especially after they are on a 3game winning run.

andybev1
13-12-2017, 04:55 PM
:aok:
.....................Rocky....................

......McGregor...Efe....Hanlon.........

.....................Marv......................

Boyle...................................Lewis

...............Dylan......SJM................

....................Stokes.....................
....................Murray.....................:ao k:

IlDiavola
13-12-2017, 04:58 PM
I'd go for

Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Lewis

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Barker

Why no Stokes?

Hopefully over confident.

Hopefully.

Got a horrible feeling that Sevco might nick it though :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
13-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Listened to Neils interview and he seemed to be indicating Danny Swanson was back in the squad really good news given the games coming up. We could do with his cutting edge on occasions that is for sure.

murray26
13-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Disgusting club disgusting fans let’s get into them Hibs.. I’d be tempted to start Murray I thought he played really well at Ibrox earlier in the season.

proud_and_green
13-12-2017, 05:26 PM

3-5-2 for me.I think this is key. I think we play best when we are busy and get in about teams. There are games I think when givung possession to the opposition can be a good thing but this is not one of those occasions (and neither in my view was Sunday against Celtic). Get in about them don't give them the chance to settle - but also don't give the ref excuses to use his cards against us. Keep possession and get it back quickly when we've lost it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

IlDiavola
13-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Disgusting club disgusting fans let’s get into them Hibs.. I’d be tempted to start Murray I thought he played really well at Ibrox earlier in the season.

Bang on mate :thumbsup:

Deansy
13-12-2017, 05:30 PM
They won't be as confident as their previous incarnation were. Gone are the days when they expect to win every game and they will be nervous. We've given them reason to respect us in recent clashes so I think they'll sit in and hope to catch us on the break, trouble is I think we will do similar meaning a low scoring draw.

The Huns (both first and current version of them) don't respect anyone - far more easier, with their limited I.Q., to simply hate everyone !

As for tonight, I've been saying all season that sometime soon we're going to 'click' in a game and some team is going to suffer - I dearly hope it's them tonight !. As usual, we'll be up against 12-men but I honestly beleve that with the quality we have in our team, we'll still be more than capable to beating them. Start the way we finished on Sunday and they won't be able to handle it - and on that note, I hope NL's reminded the likes of SJM, Boyle and Barker to beware the inevitable attempts at crippling them !

C'mon Hibs - do them tonight, do them for us, for the club, for yourselves, for Scottish Football and Society in general - wipe out the 'Stain On The Game' !!

Hi Heid Yin
13-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Hibs are the better team, but that extra days rest will help Sevco no end.
I would have gone for a 2-1 Hibs, but think it will end 2-2.

rotherhamrob
13-12-2017, 05:45 PM
I haven't a clue how tonight is going to go,I do know that it's brilliant being back in the top flight with all these big games to look forward to.
To be honest my stomach is in knots and I love it.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2017, 05:48 PM
I haven't a clue how tonight is going to go,I do know that it's brilliant being back in the top flight with all these big games to look forward to.
To be honest my stomach is in knots and I love it.

Certainly beats playing Dumbarton and Ayr back to back.

Fuzzywuzzy
13-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Gutted to be missing this. had been overly optimistic and hoped for nine from three but will happily take seven.

IlDiavola
13-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Certainly beats playing Dumbarton and Ayr back to back.

For sure :aok:

bigwheel
13-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Rangers are scoring goals and
Conceding them. We don’t concede too much but equally don’t score too many. Will be an intriguing game. Will need to be on good form to get three points. Could see us going 3 at the back

Big L
13-12-2017, 06:35 PM
I'd go for

Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Lewis

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Barker

I'd take out Barker, play Stokes or Oli at centre and play Murray on the left. That's where he played for Dun Utd and he scored goals from that position.